Sad Songs In Video Games.

Steven Tyler

What songs have you've heard in a video game that was so filled with sad emotion. The song that was playing during the game just added to the tragic of sadden event? Was it too sad or just didn't add to the emotion?

YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty - Fortune's Theme

(Theme of Fortune: Metal Gear Solid 2)

Well, this is an example of video game music helping out in giving a back story of a character. Fortune's a tragic character in the Metal Gear Solid series. I mean, her father was killed in the tanker incident, her husband was change with a military crime and later died in prison and Fortune had miscarriage. Add to the fact that she can not "die" and she think she's cursed to not passing away and go to the other side to see her family once again.

(Shaman in the Dark- Theme of Idoun)

YouTube - What if Track - Fire Emblem - Idoun

Since she got two "theme" (normal and final boss fight) I'm gonna break this down.

(Warning, major spoilers)

The music box arrangement reminds of the back story of Idoun.

Idoun was forced to be a weapon of war and was forced to reproduce to make war dragons. Her whole life was destroy to the point she no longer had a soul or a heart. Originally, she was against fighting and killing, but with the humans advancing, her people just went out and **** up her mind to make her a killer of sorts.

Things just get even more sad when Roy tries to convince Idoun to stop fightnig and take many years ago, a warrior who once weilded Marth's sword had pity on her and only knocked her out instead of killing her.

Idoun was reminded of those words . . .however. . .she went out and attacked.

Her boss theme is like this: Yeah, even if she remember her past (see spoilers) , she just shrugged the past and goes all out in her demonic dark dragon form.

Celes' Theme from Final Fantasy VI. You actually hear the real version when

She commits suicide. Okay, try to commit suicide.

This song reflects on the fact that Celes is a pure, spotless woman and yet, do not want to deal with silly things like love. She seems a bit cold to others.

YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 4 Soundtrack: Love Theme

Basically sets the mood for Metal Gear Solid 4. Snake is tired of fighting wars, both personal wars, and the wars of the people. Then you have the Beauty and the Beast" units who suffered so much to the point the only way to cope with their pain is to sell their souls to the battlefield.

the song they put in grandma's house in Wind Waker after Aryll is kidnapped!

its so sad!

:(

That is kinda sad. But here's something that always confused me. Why is grandma all sad after you leave, even when your standing right in front of her?! She says, "Link, Aryll..don't leave me" or something. I yell at her, "I'M RIGHT HERE LADY!!"

That is kinda sad. But here's something that always confused me. Why is grandma all sad after you leave, even when your standing right in front of her?! She says, "Link, Aryll..don't leave me" or something. I yell at her, "I'M RIGHT HERE LADY!!"

remember she got really sick?

i think she was so sick that she couldn't tell who was even with her.

Oooooh That's what happened. I never made it far in that game :P

yeah, she'll remain like that until you give her a fairy.

then she recovers and helps you out by making some soup that recovers your health and stuff

hey, its better than a potion, since its free!

It also boosts your strength has two servings and heals Health and Magic, It's better then a potion in every way possible.

lol! i forgot about that!

i should play Wind Waker again!

XD

(Shaman in the Dark- Theme of Idoun)

YouTube - What if Track - Fire Emblem - Idoun

Since she got two "theme" (normal and final boss fight) I'm gonna break this down.

(Warning, major spoilers)

The music box arrangement reminds of the back story of Idoun.

Idoun was forced to be a weapon of war and was forced to reproduce to make war dragons. Her whole life was destroy to the point she no longer had a soul or a heart. Originally, she was against fighting and killing, but with the humans advancing, her people just went out and **** up her mind to make her a killer of sorts.

Things just get even more sad when Roy tries to convince Idoun to stop fightnig and take many years ago, a warrior who once weilded Marth's sword had pity on her and only knocked her out instead of killing her.

Idoun was reminded of those words . . .however. . .she went out and attacked.

Her boss theme is like this: Yeah, even if she remember her past (see spoilers) , she just shrugged the past and goes all out in her demonic dark dragon form.

It's Harmut, not Marth's sword. Falcion is not the same thing as the Sword of Seals.

Hmm, I suppose the final hours in Majora's Mask was kind of sad, if not very eerie.

It's Harmut, not Marth's sword. Falcion is not the same thing as the Sword of Seals.

Hmm, I suppose the final hours in Majora's Mask was kind of sad, if not very eerie.

I know. It was a copypatsa from another forum I wrote.

I was doing that to piss off a member from the forum.

This song makes me want to cry. Almost every time I hear it.

Beat Crisis Core and you'll cry hearing this song too. Unless you're a heartless bastard...*glares at Masu*

This song makes me want to cry. Almost every time I hear it.

Beat Crisis Core and you'll cry hearing this song too. Unless you're a heartless bastard...*glares at Masu*

Damn. Didn't make me cry. I'm a bastard, huh?

The Best Is Yet to Come from Metal Gear Solid. A bit "sad", but it does bring closure for characters in Metal Gear Solid.

Speaking of Disgaea, Akai Tsuki (aka Red Moon). The events during that chapter combined with that song, were soooo sad.

I have to agree

Laharl's mother wasn't a witch in the anime however, which I found strange...

FE4 Yuria's theme. It's probably only sad for those who know her story.

I can't even listen to her theme without chocking up a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuIix8rwqw

The Main Theme of Final Fantasy II (the original NES) is very sad and it's like the only Final Fantasy game which the main theme map actually fits the storyline.

The Coin Song in Final Fantasy VI. That song, plus the scenes that appear along with it are just plain sad.

Also, in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. I forgot the name (I think it was called "Maya Dies" or something like that), but it played when the EP cast found out how Maya died in the Other Side (Innocent Sin's world). It was very sad.

• 2 weeks later...