Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Hm? What were they doing on twitter?

I'll cheer for my team and be happy if it wins, but I don't need to denigrate the opposition.

They were doxxing people on twitter that were supporting Camilla. Getting their personal information and making it public all because they supported a character they didn't like.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Unfortunately that's pretty much every fanbase.  Just please keep in mind that the people who do such things don't represent all, or even most, of a character's fans.

Of course. I was just still very surprised to see that behavior come out of the FE fanbase, especially of the older games.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Camilla, but you don't get to steal two wins. Though thanks again for taking Lyn down with you.

At any rate, my opinion on the multiplier still stands and hope that maybe the salt from Lyn's fans will be enough to get IS to seriously consider axing it.

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

@Zangetsu You could say that but Ike's victory is now making them more arrogant and smug. I just hope the next batch of characters for the next gauntlet aren't of the super popular kind. 

It's making some of them more arrogant and smug, sure, the same way that any character's victory would make some of the fans more arrogant and smug.  It's also making many fans simply happy, without arrogance or smugness.  What's your point?

@Zangetsu You could say that but Ike's victory is now making them more arrogant and smug. I just hope the next batch of characters for the next gauntlet aren't of the super popular kind. 

Once again & that still can apply to Roy, Hector, & Chrom's fanbase as well. You can't just say one is worse than the other when it just bad as them.

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

And now we've seen the dark side of some fanbases too, which was kinda sad. That nasty part of the Lyn fanbase coming out with that stuff on twitter was pretty crazy.

I wouldn't say it's unwarranted but it sure as hell it's over reactive.

Well now that this gauntlet is over, I'm dreading some things.

1: As noted, Ike fans are going to get smug(ger) and (even more) arrogant.
2: Because of the FUCKING IDIOCY of certain Lyn fans during that disgusting BS they pulled on Twitter with doxxing people and what-not, people will now just assume "ew Lyn fan they must be a nasty person." Good going, idiots.
3: Because of #2, Lyn will likely not be advertised by IS as much as she should be, despite being up there with Ike as one of the series' most popular characters, and still having fans who didn't turn insane and dox people.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

This would've happened with any character that won the gauntlet. People for the most part just suck singling out a single fanbase doesn't change that. Though to be fair the size of it certainly makes that stuff more common. A gauntlet with characters this popular was never a good Idea because you see the bad side of every fanbase. 

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

They were doxxing people on twitter that were supporting Camilla. Getting their personal information and making it public all because they supported a character they didn't like.

Of course. I was just still very surprised to see that behavior come out of the FE fanbase, especially of the older games.

That' just sounds like the people of the internet being the natural self

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Glad to see Ike win this! Hoping for some fixes to the format/system for next time so we can have an enjoyable gauntlet without everyone shitting on each other.

Good God, do we need more people like you.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I wouldn't say it's unwarranted but it sure as hell it's over reactive.

I'd say doxxing is always unwarranted. That's what I was referring to. Shitposting and banter is fine and to be expected from every side, but some of those Lyn supporters really snapped.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Dang, that's some ugly behavior. It's just a game, guys.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I'd say doxxing is always unwarranted. That's what I was referring to. Shitposting and banter is fine and to be expected from every side, but some of those Lyn supporters really snapped.

I'm not too familiar with the word but it just sounds like another bull shit word that makes me lose another faith for the people of the internet.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

1: As noted, Ike fans are going to get smug(ger) and (even more) arrogant.

Like Lyn fans are any better? They were the ones that caused a shitshow. As a big Ike fan, I was feeling bad because this behavior basically said it was wrong for me to enjoy the gauntlet the way I did.

I want to celebrate Ike's victory, but I find myself unable to despite my happiness that he won.

And all in all, every fanbase has bad apples. You can't say that if Lyn had won, some of her fans wouldn't have gotten more smug and arrogant.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I'm not too familiar with the word but it just sounds like another bull shit word that makes me lose another faith for the people of the internet.

It means what I said in the previous post. They got a hold of personal information (address, etc) and made it public to scare/threaten the targeted people. And in this case, all in the name of a contest in a mobile game. It was just kinda messed up some people went that far over something so stupid.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like Lyn fans are any better? They were the ones that caused a shitshow. As a big Ike fan, I was feeling bad because this behavior basically said it was wrong for me to enjoy the gauntlet the way I did.

I want to celebrate Ike's victory, but I find myself unable to despite my happiness that he won.

And all in all, every fanbase has bad apples. You can't say that if Lyn had won, some of her fans wouldn't have gotten more smug and arrogant.

Of course not! Nothing would ever suggest that would be the case for either side.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It means what I said in the previous post. They got a hold of personal information (address, etc) and made it public to scare/threaten the targeted people. And in this case, all in the name of a contest in a mobile game. It was just kinda messed up some people went that far over something so stupid.

You mean people hacking into their account?

Edited by Zangetsu

Popularity contests are always like this. I wish people wouldn't get so competitive about them hopefully they don't do a gauntlet with characters this popular again because this was ridiculous from every group involved. Regardless I am happy that Ike won it could've been more interesting with Ike vs. Lyn. But I feel like that would've caused more salt in the end with two of the most popular characters in the game going head to head. Good job to every team involved but p;ease stop taking this so seriously just have fun with it.

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

It's making some of them more arrogant and smug, sure, the same way that any character's victory would make some of the fans more arrogant and smug.  It's also making many fans simply happy, without arrogance or smugness.  What's your point?

I was just expressing my thoughts on the matter. That was all. 

Good grief.

@predator_21476 The more..."popular" characters tend to have more of those...err, how should I say this..."toxic" people...for a lack of a better term.

@Zangetsu I never said that one was worse than the other; all are bad to some extent. For the moment, a noticeable and very vocal part of the Ike fanbase is being extra arrogant and smug. It should calm down after a week or so.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

People are dumb and can’t have nice things.

Got that right, all it takes is one rotten apple to spoil the entire barrel.

I was just expressing my thoughts on the matter. That was all. 

Good grief.

@predator_21476 The more..."popular" characters tend to have more of those...err, how should I say this..."toxic" people...for a lack of a better term.

@Zangetsu I never said that one was worse than the other; all are bad to some extent. For the moment, a noticeable and very vocal part of the Ike fanbase is being extra arrogant and smug. It should calm down after a week or so.

God I hope so, it's not helping how horrible my actual life has been.

Edited by Zangetsu

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yes, and/or other methods to get private info.

Anyways, at least the new update came out just in time to soften whatever blow there might have been at the end of this thing. Haven't seen much issue over the results here or elsewhere. I guess everyone expected Ike to win anyway, and he did, and most of team Camilla (including myself) were hopeful to pull it off, but knew it wasn't likely anyway.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Yes, and/or other methods to get private info.

Anyways, at least the new update came out just in time to soften whatever blow there might have been at the end of this thing. Haven't seen much issue over the results here or elsewhere. I guess everyone expected Ike to win anyway, and he did, and most of team Camilla (including myself) were hopeful to pull it off, but knew it wasn't likely anyway.

Good God that's horrible, that a new low even by internet standards! Fucking assholes.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Mainly because of higher numbers, I wish that wasn't the case though. Being apart of these large fan-bases can be unfortunate at those times.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Doxxing is a bit more than that.  I know you as "Zangetsu" - I have no idea what your real name is, where you live, who you're related to, etc., nor do I really care.  When you're doxxed, that means that "Zangetsu" is (insert you name here) who lives in (insert your home address here) and can be contacted at (insert your phone number here).  People have received death threats via phone before.  People related to doxxed people have received similar things.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

It's bad, and is very much not allowed on SF.