Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't care for sports commentators honestly. Besides, he's not getting paid.

Twas just an analogy. Whether he's getting paid is irrelevant. He is moderator for this part of the forum for a reason and there are members who take value in what he does

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm not gonna play until the final hour, during which Roy may or may not get a multiplier.  

I hope Roy gets that multiplier, because it means we can knock Mr. Spotlight Hog out in round 1.  Nothing could be more satisfying in this gauntlet than that, for me.

Killing Ike is all that matters to me in this gauntlet tbh.

Is bashing Ike really necessary?

I've kept quiet about this, and while I love both of them, it rubs me the wrong way. According to the CYL results, Chrom placed 4th with 23,803. For some reason, someone thought it would be an amazing idea to separate characters' votes if they appeared multiple times. SD!Marth placed 6th with 15,877, whilst his NMotE version placed 17th with 8,670 votes. Obviously we're combining Ike's set of results together to free up 5th place...so if we combine Marth's two sets of results, you get 24,547 votes in total. More than Chrom.

So Lau, what's your point?

My point is...Marth should've been in this gauntlet. :/

I have no idea why they split the votes but it was freaking stupid. Just thought I'd leave this here.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Is bashing Ike really necessary?

It accurately describes what I want to happen in this gauntlet, I don't care if it's Roy, the multiplier, or boobs that beats him.

I just want him out of the competition.

As for calling him a spotlight hog, that's what he is to me and that will never change, so.

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

I've kept quiet about this, and while I love both of them, it rubs me the wrong way. According to the CYL results, Chrom placed 4th with 23,803. For some reason, someone thought it would be an amazing idea to separate characters' votes if they appeared multiple times. SD!Marth placed 6th with 15,877, whilst his NMotE version placed 17th with 8,670 votes. Obviously we're combining Ike's set of results together to free up 5th place...so if we combine Marth's two sets of results, you get 24,547 votes in total. More than Chrom.

I have no idea why they split the votes but it was freaking stupid. Just thought I'd leave this here.

Lau, I love you

24 minutes ago, unique said:

in all honesty, i'm fine with the multiplier making the results basically random but while I can understand not liking it for most other gauntlets this is the one time where I feel it absolutely should be there

like, prior to the introduction of the multiplier, the gauntlets were just flat out popularity contests. we knew who was gonna win from the start, and it was pretty boring, so they added it to shake things up. makes sense, but I get why some people might not like it

but in this one I feel like it's way better to have it because otherwise it would be a popularity contest based on a popularity contest

the results would be the most predictable yet because we've literally seen them already

so I really don't have a problem with stuff like roy beating ike, even though I do like ike more

This is actually an interesting matter: at first I thought so as well, then a few things came to my mind. You say that a popularity contest would replicate fair and square the results of the CYL poll, but that is just not the case because there's a bazillion factors influencing the choice of who to support, even as far as popularity is concerned: after 6 months of FEH it's fair to assume the popularity of some characters featured in the game has gone up, especially the popularity of top tier heroes (Hector, Julia, Linde, Nino etc...), also we have no idea how the votes that went to the other 600+ characters split between the top 8, then there's the people choosing who to support based on the heroes they actually own, those aiming for feathers who choose to support teams they actually hope will lose, then there's more votes that split in unpredictable ways as characters are eliminated etc...

This is much, much more sophisticated than a simple popularity poll (for better or for worse)

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It accurately describes what I want to happen in this gauntlet, I don't care if it's Roy, the multiplier, or boobs that beats him.

I just want him out of the competition.

As for calling him a spotlight hog, that's what he is to me and that will never change, so.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

Man, people need to not take these so seriously/personally. Insulting other characters is totally uncalled for and that's exactly why we have such a divided fanbase.

This.

If Ike loses because of the multiplier, well, I'm just going to have to deal with it the way I did with Freddy. Even if Ike doesn't at all deserve to lose here. It'd still hurt, but...yeah.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd still be saying this even if that didn't happen. That incident only further cemented my hatred of it. And really, it actually doesn't work. Ike vs. Roy is still at its core a curb-stomp. All the multiplier's doing is masking that fact. So sure, you can enjoy this fake competitiveness all you want because I certainly haven't been. 

Forever bitter, I see. Oh, but it did work on Leo VS Gaius alright. A loss is a loss. The current gauntlet? I'm not really "enjoying" it at all; the only character I remotely care about would be Chrom. I'm in this for the extra feathers. 

@RezzyWell, there's no better alternative at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Lau said:

Man, I love me too.

no seriously, thanks. Why though, if I may ask?

Cause MARTH.

If Marth was in a Gauntlet, I'd support him in a heartbeat for the same reason Ty went Ike. nevermind the fact I once had him as a namesake before I had it legally changed

Edited by Motendra

32 minutes ago, Lau said:

Even if the multiplier is unfair and whatnot, I still prefer it over the curb-stomp battles. If we didn't have the multiplier in this gauntlet, I wouldn't even be supporting Roy, because, well...what's the point?

I supported my favorites from the start of the gauntlets, because, well, they were my favorites. I ranked in the top 50 or something like that for Minvera and she was CRUSHED. But I didn't do it for the feathers, I did it because I love Minerva and I wanted to show I was a fan.

Roy is hands down my favorite FE character, and so you bet I'm gonna support him as best as I can. It's not that I want to see Ike lose, but I love Roy, I love the Binding Blade, and I will what I can. Just stay true to yourself and what you like, because being a fan of the character is "the point". Win or lose, I won't love Roy any less, because my love for a character isn't validated by how much everyone else loves / doesn't love them.

Anyone can play the game; only one can be the best. But every participant should always honor the game they play.

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Cause MARTH.

OBVS MARTH. Wanna know who relegated Roy to 2nd place in my personal favourites? It's the Hero-King himself!

Freaking love Chrom too, the dork. First man I married in Awakening, and kept stealing my heart every step of the way.

EDIT: @ChibiToastExplosion I-I...don't know what to say. That was honestly beautiful. And you know what? You're right. While I do think seeing one of my favourite characters being curb-stomped is demoralising, I agree with you. Thank you :)

Edited by Lau

21 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Camilla is beating Tharja though, while Camilla placed fourth and Tharja third.

Different popularity constests work differently, so there can be different results. Heck, all characters from previous gauntlets (apart from Alphonse and Sharena) have been part of the CYL contest, so you could just as well say we could easily predict those results.

The only real difference between this gauntlet and other ones is that evryone is popular now.

Yeah, CYL results give a rough approximation, but the difference between "How many people like this character the most" vs "How many people like this character more than the rest in this group" can swing the match.  Ephraim beat Chrom, despite being lower in the CYL poll.

10 minutes ago, Lau said:

I agree that splitting the characters that appear in multiple games was dumb.  It both screws over those characters, as well as taking up multiple slots that could go to other characters.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Forever bitter, I see. Oh, but it did work on Leo VS Gaius alright. A loss is a loss. The current gauntlet? I'm not really "enjoying" it at all; the only character I remotely care about would be Chrom. I'm in this for the extra feathers. 

@RezzyWell, there's no better alternative at the moment. 

Just letting it play out naturally with no multiplier, or just the old x3 multiplier is a better alternative.

20 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yes, which means he does us service completely out of good will. Yes we know you are solty, but don't take that on others, especially on those who are actually helpful. 

Yes, and you're the picture of politeness.

39 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Killing Ike is all that matters to me in this gauntlet tbh.

I'm with you. That's what this mode is all about. I want him DEAD. I want his whole family DEAD. I want his pets SKINNED ALIVE. His reputation LIBELED.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

I'm with you. That's what this mode is all about. I want him DEAD. I want his whole family DEAD. I want his pets SKINNED ALIVE. His reputation LIBELED.

What pets? The Laguz?

I feel like I keep missing multipliers. I was rank 850 or so on Hector's team and now I'm around 2.2k :O

Also, let me jump on the multiplier hate train for a moment before I go to bed: while it may be a little fun thing to get advantage of, all it does is punish actually popular characters and transform almost any bracket in a little RNG fest where the last hour carrying a multiplier or not basically decides everything, and there's not really any strategic element behind it seeing how it's not like the different teams have any means to coordinate their efforts and follow some kind of "plan". I did not participate in any previous voting gauntlet, but all this multiplier stuff achieve is that matches which would have one day been boring curbstomps are now less boring but more frustrating curbstomps where the multiplier might at the least minute reverse the result, while more even and engaging matches like Chrom vs Ephraim (or was it Hector vs Ephraim?) are just not a thing anymore. Let's look at the current Ike vs Roy situation: I'm on team Ike and I really hope he wins because he's probably the only male character who can actually duke it out with the ladies, but I wouldn't mind if Roy won, I like him quite enough too. The real problem is that basically no outcome will be satisfying in any way: if Ike wins, there's not much to be proud of, we had what? a 6x larger army of supporters or something?, while if Ike loses, there is nothing the Roy team should feel proud of since it'll just mean they got lucky, and really getting lucky isn't much of an accomplishment; the only possible satisfying outcome would be if Roy got a multiplier on the last hour and the Ike team managed to still nab the win by going all out with flags (I'm not even sure if that's mathematically possible btw).

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Well, killing his family means killing Mist, and I actually like her... So I think I'll just leave it at "Die Ike."

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I hated the multiplier before the Summer Gauntlet was even a thing. Stop assuming that Leo's loss is the only reason I'm railing against the multiplier. I've been against it from the very beginning, I'll have you know.

I refuse to accept that loss because it was entirely the product of an unfair, bullshit scrappy mechanic. Nothing you or anyone can say will change my perspective.

@RezzyI was expecting this answer. The fact that they haven't gone back to the times of "no multiplier" or "fixed 3x multiplier" is proof that those weren't working at all. 

- No multiplier: The return of curbstomps and people sticking to the "obvious winner" just to be safe. Little or no reason to join other characters' armies. 

- Fixed 3x multiplier: Not enough tip scaling. No intensity. Curbstomps are still happening just to a slightly lesser degree. 

The current multiplier system, while flawed, is the best answer the developers have found so far. It's here to stay until the developers can come up with something better in the future. 

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

What pets? The Laguz?

I feel like I keep missing multipliers. I was rank 850 or so on Hector's team and now I'm around 2.2k :O

The same thing happened to me. When I went to bed last night I was ranked in the top 100, and when I awoke I was ranked 666. Might be coincidence though.

Also yes, there was a multiplier recently.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Look man, I don't really care if you bash Ike or well I do, but I'll be laughing at you when he wins this thing so it's fine or his family, but you can't just try to murder an entire race dude. That's racist and all.

I'll accept it if you leave Chainegis alive though

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

The current multiplier system, while flawed, is the best answer the developers have found so far. It's here to stay until the developers can come up with something better in the future. 

Why not have a 1 battle, slightly difficult so that a person who just started the app can't just create accounts to beat, and have 1 vote cast for that victory - and that be it?

Can't do the battle multiple times for multiple votes (or if you can, it gets harder and harder each time).