Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Like I say before: We are so done.

But also, I don't have anything against Camilla winning, I don't hate her or anything. Actually, I think I'm going her team, since I have a Camilla and I can do some bonus points to win more feathers lol

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

If he wants to find "guilty" character of Roy's absence... that character is probably Sonic (his introduction in Brawl was done really late in the game's development, and practically altered the whole development process... and this provoke the game's delay to 2008 and, very likely, he took Mewtwo and Roy's development time).

Yes, yes, I get all that; but it's just easier to blame it all on Ike, considering he and Roy both fill the "sword-wielding Fire Emblem character who isn't Marth" slot.

One thing I do find weird about this gauntlet is in regards to how IS started the brackets. Having the top 2 of each gender facing each other in the first round means a favorite will be eliminated soon. I'm really curious what this round would have looked like if the brackets had been : Ike vs Hector / Roy vs Chrom / Lyn vs Camilla / Lucina vs Tharja.

13 minutes ago, Usana said:

What bugs me about Camilla winning isn't her winning, it is that she won only because of the 7.4x multiplier. So I am more annoyed at the multiplier than anything. I don't mind losing teams having a multiplier. I just don't like that it gets so large that those lucky enough to be on and have a multiplier at a later hour get so much over everyone else. Seriously a 7.4x is beyond insane. I would rather have a smaller multiplier that gets bigger the longer you are losing. I.e. it resets back to 3 when you get ahead and has to slowly tick back up again from 3 once you are behind. I mean Lyn had more than twice the hourly rate so that just rankles me. While I might be on Team Hector, boy would it rankle me if Hector actually won since he has only 1/3 of Ike's average rate of increase.

I suppose I'll be team Ike next then. Never played his games, but Camilla is one of my least favorite of the Fate's siblings.

Agreed. I think it's ridiculous that Camilla was behind but now a little over a billion (two now) ahead of Lyn. I understand the multiplier making the match even but it seems to more of a "golden snitch" towards the end. It happened to Frederick and Leo and now, it's happening to Lyn. She's most likely screwed by the multiplier but I hope that she defeats Camilla. I'd rather be beaten by Lyn because she ranked #1 for females in the CYL poll and hasn't won a voting guantlet yet. And I'd rather see the #1 male and #1 female compete against each other in the final round.

Edited by Paris

I'm thinking about who's team to join, and now it's getting really hard for me to decide. I either a) go with an unit that I want, but know nothing about, or b) go with a unit who actually legitimately like because of her personality (which is a very rare thing among the fan base mind you), who sadly sucks in this game. It's gonna be hard on who to decide for.

Thotmilla cannot win.

For the sake of this franchise. 

Reminder that she tried to seduce who she thought was her genuine brother for her whole life to go bathe in a hot spring, have *intimate relations*, and marry her. 

No... Fire Emblem cannot sink to such low levels of cancer. 

I am going to finally participate in this gauntlet.

GO IKEEEEEEEEEE!

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

One thing I do find weird about this gauntlet is in regards to how IS started the brackets. Having the top 2 of each gender facing each other in the first round means a favorite will be eliminated soon. I'm really curious what this round would have looked like if the brackets had been : Ike vs Hector / Roy vs Chrom / Lyn vs Camilla / Lucina vs Tharja.

I never thought Lucina would lose to Lyn, but I think Lucina might have a chance if Chrom and Tharja were eliminated early and their fans went to Lucina.

8 minutes ago, Troykv said:

If he wants to find "guilty" character of Roy's absence... that character is probably Sonic (his introduction in Brawl was done really late in the game's development, and practically altered the whole development process... and this provoke the game's delay to 2008 and, very likely, he took Mewtwo and Roy's development time).

Even then, that's not fair. I would not blame the Ice Climbers' issues with the 3DS's weaker hardware as to why some veterans couldn't return. The developers have to decide on things and sometimes, it's good and other times, it's bad. You cannot please anyone.

If I had to put the blame on anything, it would be the developers and the producers. What they do results in what players get. It should never be the characters' fault unless they were directly stated to be at fault like Sephiroth killing Aerith definitely means she's not coming back for a FFVII because nobody thought to use Phoenix Down on her unless they retcon the story which is still a different story compared to the developers putting in broken things because they didn't feel it was that powerful or whatever.

Whatever, this an off-topic discussion.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

It should have been Ike vs Chrom in the first round, if we're doing 1v4 and 2v3.

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I'm thinking about who's team to join, and now it's getting really hard for me to decide. I either a) go with an unit that I want, but know nothing about, or b) go with a unit who actually legitimately like because of her personality (which is a very rare thing among the fan base mind you), who sadly sucks in this game. It's gonna be hard on who to decide for.

Camilla's already won once, and it would be nice to see a guy win for a change, plus you'll get to test out Ike in Combat.

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Looking at it now, the CYL Voting Gauntlet results are kind of funny. Lucina and Roy dropped out immediately despite being the second place winners of CYL, Chrom and Tharja were irrelevant, Hector never had a chance against Ike, and Lyn struggled against and is about to lose to Camilla.

If you re-ordered the CYL voting results to the Voting Gauntlet's results, you end up with Ike and Camilla/Lyn at first place, Hector and Camilla/Lyn in second, and Chrom, Lucina, Roy, and Tharja somewhere around in third and fourth. Ike and Chrom stay in the same places of first and fourth respectively, Lyn stays either in first or drops to second, Lucina and Roy drop down to third or fourth, Tharja either stays in third or drops to fourth, Hector jumps up to second from third, and Camilla goes from being fourth to first or second.

If the CYL Voting Gauntlet results were the CYL units, then Brave Heroes Lucina and Roy would not have been a thing. Not really a bad thing for sword cavaliers despite Roy having the best offensive spread and one of the best legendary swords, but it would have sucked for lance infantry since other than Sharena and probably Nephenee, the only other fast lance infantry units are bride Charlotte and summer F!Robin who are no longer obtainable until the next year or so.

Instead of Lucina and Roy, we'd have CYL Camilla and Hector instead. Camilla would be tricky since what would she even be? We already have a flying mage of her, so that wouldn't be that amazing if she showed up as a flying mage again. She can re-class into a dark mage, so, she could end up as a red cavalry mage which could just make Leo look bad as a unit in general since there would be two red cavalry mages to choose from and one of them is a free, Brave Hero with ~148 BST because she was the first place winner. With Hector, it would be pretty easy: Binding Blade old Hector or perhaps Hector wearing Uther's armor. The only problem is he could end up as an axe knight which might not be great since all the CYL units changed in weapon classes and/or movement-type. Heh, just replace Brave Heroes Roy with Hector cosplaying Eliwood. High attack, high defense sword cavalier with Blazing Durandal. :p

Anyway, we would keep Ike and Lyn who would probably lose some skills like I don't think she'd have Sacae's Blessing if she was a second place winner and she'd have ~5 less BST which might not both her much unless all of it comes from her attack and speed. Now that I think about it, if she were a second place winner, the developers might have made her an infantry archer since why should she be anything that special? Ike would probably be the same, so that's fine.

I would actually have made Hector a Red Mage and dressed him like Lilina for no reason other than the laughs - just picture that image in your head for a moment. As for Camilla, I would have turned her into an Infantry Axe Unit dressed more similarly to Garon with his greataxe.

32 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

The people who like Camilla: The people who like her because of her support conversations (which at very good mind you), the people who like her because of how she did in fates (which was also very good), and the people who like her because of her....unique body structure (this is the most common archetype)

And the people who like her because of her untapped background potential which was almost completely ignored so they could push boobs(party of just me).

23 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ike's okay. He's an interesting enough protagonist. I've seen better. I've seen worse both inside and outside the FEverse. There's not too much that's new or unique about his character for me to obsess over. lol But yeah. The teenage boys probably have a little a lotta something to do with Camilla. 

I'd love to see a guy win. I think mentioned before that I'd be a little bummed if Ike was the first... I was hardcore hoping for Robin when he had his chance. RIP. Maybe one of these days. 

Though this makes me super happy. XD I'll think about it. I'd have to switch out Laslow anyways if I joined Ike.

As a 20-year-old guy, I feel I must clarify that I only chose Camilla because Ike kicked my actual team out Round 1 and she actually felt less flat as a character than Lyn to me personally, though I must admit part of that was my own imagination coming up with possible tragic backstories explaining her…odd? Yeah, odd personality. But yes, RIP every Male Unit ever entered into a Voting Gauntlet, past, present, and future. As I said before, never underestimate the sway a pair of breasts can hold on the masses.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, some people seriously need to chill. I know I get frustrated at times when I'm on the losing side, perhaps too frustrated, but I don't think I was ever as bad as some folks in this thread. :/

But YAY IKE. <3

You kicked Our Boi™ out. ROUND ONE. Frankly, I don't care if Camilla or Lyn wins, so long as Ike loses. Am I being salty? Eh, guilty as charged. Do I actually hate you guys, or Ike himself? No, it's just a matter of personal principle for one Eternally Raging RoyBoy.

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Ike never kicked out Roy in Brawl; no character kicked out another character in any Smash game or any fighting game for that matter. The only exceptions would be like plot stuff like Heihachi Mishima might not return for Tekken 8 if they stick with the story which they might not since Heihachi players might not like he's not in the game since he could just be a playable character with no bearing on Tekken's story.

Aw crud, you just reminded me I'm actually mad at Sakurai about him. I mean, you can fit Wii Fit Trainer and Pac-Man into Smash, but you can't figure out how to put Heihachi in and have it make sense? What kind of crap logic is that? When has Smash ever been about making sense?

8 minutes ago, Troykv said:

…I always wondered why I started hating Sonic after playing Brawl…this explains everything!

…JK, I hated Sonic before he got into Brawl, this has nothing to do with it(though it doesn't help his case).

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Tactician_Iris, @Alkaid: added both of you and both of your gorgeous pegasus-riding redheads. Let’s do it!

As our leader would say:

TIME TO PLAY!!!

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Even then, that's not fair. I would not blame the Ice Climbers' issues with the 3DS's weaker hardware as to why some veterans couldn't return. The developers have to decide on things and sometimes, it's good and other times, it's bad. You cannot please anyone.

If I had to put the blame on anything, it would be the developers and the producers. What they do results in what players get. It should never be the characters' fault unless they were directly stated to be at fault like Sephiroth killing Aerith definitely means she's not coming back for a FFVII because nobody thought to use Phoenix Down on her unless they retcon the story which is still a different story compared to the developers putting in broken things because they didn't feel it was that powerful or whatever.

Whatever, this an off-topic discussion.

Hey, now.  Do you have any idea just how much a Phoenix Down costs?!  We can't just go around using them on every dead flower girl we happen across!  I mean, they're not exactly something you're just going to find lying around on the ground...

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I never thought Lucina would lose to Lyn, but I think Lucina might have a chance if Chrom and Tharja were eliminated early and their fans went to Lucina.

Seeing how much more support Lyn seemed to have over Lucina on this site, I quite expected Lucina to lose if she went against her in the first round. But I do think she would have had more of a chance if they had faced against each other in the second round.

Just now, Rezzy said:

It should have been Ike vs Chrom in the first round, if we're doing 1v4 and 2v3.

Camilla's already won once, and it would be nice to see a guy win for a change, plus you'll get to test out Ike in Combat.

I was going for a 1v3 and 2v4 since it's not quite as one sided as 1v4 and 2v3 would have been, which might be why IS went for 1v2 and 3v4.

So Lyn managed to lose to the multiplier. Sorry to hear that guys. If any of you coming to Ike's side want a Minerva to help cut down Camilla, feel free to add me as well. (As much as it sounds like she hasn't shown up even once for Rezzy >.>)

Code is 7908155030. Let's see if we can avenge Lyn and Minerva!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Tactician_Iris, @Alkaid: added both of you and both of your gorgeous pegasus-riding redheads. Let’s do it!

Redhead power!

And can somebody tell me why Ike apparently has a hate group too? Like for Camilla, even if I disagree with it, I get there's people that are spiteful at the 3DS games taking over the spotlight for FE, and she's a frontrunner for that, and people that dislike the fanservice. Meanwhile.. what's the problem with Ike? Is he like the 3DS-type hate target for an even older set of players? Or does he actually do something to deserve it? I see some have said he's pretty bland, but you could say that about a vast majority of the lead characters in FE games.

I honestly want to see what happens if the devs removed the multiplier next time instead of adding to it or changing it.

(By the way, that has nothing to do with Camilla possibly winning. I don't really care if she wins. I'm just curious)

Edited by Falcom

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Thotmilla cannot win.

For the sake of this franchise. 

Reminder that she tried to seduce who she thought was her genuine brother for her whole life to go bathe in a hot spring, have *intimate relations*, and marry her. 

No... Fire Emblem cannot sink to such low levels of cancer.

I am going to finally participate in this gauntlet.

GO IKEEEEEEEEEE!

I would not call it cancer. I would call it a new art direction and profits. For the longevity of the franchise, embrace the dark!

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Seeing how much more support Lyn seemed to have over Lucina on this site, I quite expected Lucina to lose if she went against her in the first round. But I do think she would have had more of a chance if they had faced against each other in the second round.

I was going for a 1v3 and 2v4 since it's not quite as one sided as 1v4 and 2v3 would have been, which might be why IS went for 1v2 and 3v4.

In that case, it would have been Lyn vs Camilla and Lucina vs Tharja, since Camilla was #4, I think.

Just now, XRay said:

I would not call it cancer. I would call it a new art direction and profits. For the longevity of the franchise, embrace the dark!

If the future of FE is gonna consist of characters worse than Camilla in design, then please let it die

I'm mostly kidding.

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I honestly want to see what happens if the devs removed the multiplier next time instead of adding to it or changing it.

(By the way, that has nothing to do with Camilla possibly win. I don't really care if she wins. I'm just curious)

After the first couple hours one character would have a clear lead, and that lead would just continuously grow at a pretty steady rate for the remainder of the round.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Redhead power!

And can somebody tell me why Ike apparently has a hate group too? Like for Camilla, even if I disagree with it, I get there's people that are spiteful at the 3DS games taking over the spotlight for FE, and she's a frontrunner for that, and people that dislike the fanservice. Meanwhile.. what's the problem with Ike? Is he like the 3DS-type hate target for an even older set of players? Or does he actually do something to deserve it? I see some have said he's pretty bland, but you could say that about a vast majority of the lead characters in FE games.

From what I understood, people see him as a Gary Stu that took away from Miacaiah the role of RD's main protagonist. Also, some people seem to dislike that he's more popular than their favorite character because he's blander than their favorite in their eyes and such think he is overrated. 

Maybe someone who actually dislike Ike can explain since I actually like him, but that's what I gathered from the few Ike hate post I've seen.

Just now, Rezzy said:

In that case, it would have been Lyn vs Camilla and Lucina vs Tharja, since Camilla was #4, I think.

Huh, I mixed up Camilla's and Tharja's placement it seems.

1 minute ago, Together We Ride said:

If the future of FE is gonna consist of characters worse than Camilla in design, then please let it die

I'm mostly kidding.

I'd agree with you only if I thought that coming up with a worse character than Camilla were possible.

Just got back into the game due to the Choose Your Legend event. 

Hadn't been able to pull a Lyn even with that first banner featuring her. I come back and they are giving away a Lyn and have her featured on a banner again, which I got lucky enough to pull my first Lyn.

I am beyond frustrated with this round, I have been grinding away for two days and have yet to see a multiplier for our side (Lyn). I see Camilla with a last 2 hour multiplier go ahead by more than we were up... but we don't get a multiplier???

System is broken if we can never get a multiplier even when down ~1.2 billion...