Tempest Trials Mini: To Die on the Battlefield!

Vaximillian

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm doing what I do on every tempest trial, and that's grinding points up on the lower levels since my units aren't the best., but I seem to be doing well, as I'm at 47k for my rank. Once I finish the mini-rush grind I do today, I'll be grinding up some units in it as well, so looking forward to that. Also I'm glad for more orbs, gives me more shots at getting brave lucina (since even though the brave heroes aren't going away, they'll be hard to get).

I finally retired my go-to TT team staples since they maxed HM last TT. So goodbye ol' Lucina, Klein, Tharja and Linde.

That said, I'm having fun trying different team combinations this time.

Main account has Lyn/Masked Marth, Ursula, Olivia and Hector/Anna.

Second account has Hector, Ursula, Olivia and Masked Marth as healer.

Even if it's not Cavalry specific buffs, Ursula still destroys with Blarblade.

And all my Ursulas are still 4 star but they do work.

It's pretty refreshing not being too stressed about HP when using Desperation Bladetomes with Tharja.

Edited by mcsilas

12 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I just realized that Hector, the star of this Tempest Trial was among the top 4 males in the CYL poll. I wonder if we will get another TT mini with either Camilla, Tharja or Chrom as the final boss?

That would be fascinating. Not counting any future major Tempests, such an arrangement would make for four green bosses and four red ones. Hopefully we'll start seeing some blue ones or, heaven forbid, colourless ones. Now that I've said that, there's going to be a Reinhardt Tempest boss.
Another attribute I find curious in that regard is that Chrom or Camilla will be the first Tempest bosses to have no means to attack at 2 range, meaning they're quite open to ranged nukes (which are the dominant variety). Both have A Skills, too, so I don't see Distant Counter being granted to them unless they suddenly decide to make it a Seal... in which case, it might be like Embla's Ward and be conventionally unavailable.

On my question, what levels should Boey be to start training in the Tempest, and at what levels?

Okay. I think that Ninian, Brave Lyn, Brave Roy, and Titania are going to be my Tempest team this time around. Ninian's already maxed out her HM, and Titania is pretty close. This is the first TT that I actually have all the bonus units. I'd love to use Hector, but I'm worried that he'll cut into my time points with how slow he is. Though in a few practice runs, he did do pretty well getting rid of archers and warping around with WoM.

20 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Now that I've said that, there's going to be a Reinhardt Tempest boss.

Maybe in the Thracia TT. Which will be a long time away since Leif isn't here yet.

Don't think we'll go back to Awakening anytime soon though. I know they repeated Echoes but that's because of the dual protagonists.

As for Boey, I used him as a healing unit back in the first Echoes TT, so high 30s was enough. He was mostly there to tank physical blues and get Ignis charged up to deal burst damage (he was -Atk). Gave him Ardent Sacrifice to go with his innate Renewal.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

As for Boey, I used him as a healing unit back in the first Echoes TT, so high 30s was enough. He was mostly there to tank physical blues and get Ignis charged up to deal burst damage (he was -Atk). Gave him Ardent Sacrifice to go with his innate Renewal.

I wasn't going to use him on the main team (that will be Hector/Lyn/Lilina/Florina until I get sufficiently annoyed at Hector), but I would be training him in the Tempest.

Cheesed the first two runs with Bridelia/Ninian/Nino/Delthea (Literally just swapped out Olivia for Ninian.)

I plan on running an Eliwood/Hector/B!Lyn/Ninian team, but Eliwood is still level 1 and needs some training up.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I wasn't going to use him on the main team (that will be Hector/Lyn/Lilina/Florina until I get sufficiently annoyed at Hector), but I would be training him in the Tempest.

Oh I guess 30+ is still a good level to be training in Tempest, especially since his damage output isn't the best

So it turns out Lyn/Anna/Ursula/Olivia is a fun team. Lyn wants to be in Defiant Atk range, which is perfect for Olivia's WoM shenanigans. Add to that Lyn's Galeforce and she moves a lot in one turn. Then add Anna, one she's in the right health, she can teleport around with Noatun. Ursula's cavalry movement helps move Anna around as well.

Hector can be my backup bonus unit when they fall in the final map, since he's arleady max HM in my main account anyway.

For those that want it, I have a Tempest Tracker for Minis. Though as it turns out, if my shortcut of 'the triple points means you get four more runs a day' is accurate, you can get Distant Defence 1 by doing the daily quests with Lunatic 5 A/B.

I'm just proud of making this the first time, and people might want it anyway.

Alright, I ended up swapping Reinhardt out in favor of Klein, and things are working out pretty well. Having some physical damage to go along with my magic nukes is generally a big help!

Unfortunatly, Tharja is also approuching max HM and I'm not sure what other nuke I have that can take her place. I think I'll just use her until Nino maxes and completly redesign the team then...

34 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

For those that want it, I have a Tempest Tracker for Minis. Though as it turns out, if my shortcut of 'the triple points means you get four more runs a day' is accurate, you can get Distant Defence 1 by doing the daily quests with Lunatic 5 A/B.

I'm just proud of making this the first time, and people might want it anyway.

Yeah, getting all the unique rewards is pretty easy. I think it was the same last time around as well.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I am using Athena, Hinoka, Minerva and Gordin. Don't have trained bonus units.

You may want to sacrifice your first team and put a bonus unit in there then. the 1.4 multiplier is worth more then the slight hit your survival score will take (you may already be doing that though).

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Yeah, getting all the unique rewards is pretty easy. I think it was the same last time around as well.

I'm just doing it out of tradition by this point. Also, maybe people find it helpful still.

Plus, the remark I made actually assumes a 1.4x bonus unit. There's a 3-4* one this time, but still...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm just doing it out of tradition by this point. Also, maybe people find it helpful still.

Plus, the remark I made actually assumes a 1.4x bonus unit. There's a 3-4* one this time, but still...

Oh, I didn't mean to say your tracker is useless. It was just a general remark about the rewards being easy to get.

Also, I calculated it out a bit, and if you use a 1.2 bonus unit (these are all free) and get a A/B score on Lunatic-5, you can still get all the unique rewards with just the daily three runs.

44 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Alright, I ended up swapping Reinhardt out in favor of Klein, and things are working out pretty well. Having some physical damage to go along with my magic nukes is generally a big help!

Unfortunatly, Tharja is also approuching max HM and I'm not sure what other nuke I have that can take her place. I think I'll just use her until Nino maxes and completly redesign the team then...

You may want to sacrifice your first team and put a bonus unit in there then. the 1.4 multiplier is worth more then the slight hit your survival score will take (you may already be doing that though).

I remembered I actually do have a trained Anna ;)

13k for now. I'll try to get to 20k today. I'll try to finish it all up to Sunday and then use TT to grind HM.

Team is Ninian, Julia, Anna, Masked Marth.

Ninian and Julia are supporting each other, as are Anna and Masked Marth. Both already on rank S.

Edited by Rinco

Tried Ninian, Sanaki, Julia and Elise, it worked the first time, but I tripped hard the second time and after screwing up with the second team had to send Hector in.

Any suggestions to replace Sanaki or Julia, nice as it would be to grind SP?

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Tried Ninian, Sanaki, Julia and Elise, it worked the first time, but I tripped hard the second time and after screwing up with the second team had to send Hector in.

Any suggestions to replace Sanaki or Julia, nice as it would be to grind SP?

You definitely want some form of physical damage on your team, lest you be walled by Jagens and Nileses. I'd personally recommend replacing Elise with an archer or physical Blue attacker, since Julia can just use Breath of Life (and combined with the Seal too) for healing purposes.

Running Celica / Reinhardt / Cherche / Ninian for this one. Celica can ORKO Hector, so I picked her over Lucina.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

…lest you be walled by Jagens and Nileses.

Brash Lyn killed a Jagen on the final map. Brash Lyn is a monster.

(granted, he was chipped by Celica, and Lyn fired off a Luna, but eh, details)

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Brash Lyn killed a Jagen on the final map. Brash Lyn is a monster.

(granted, he was chipped by Celica, and Lyn fired off a Luna, but eh, details)

Details Details.

I like how Athena is fine against Hector.