Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

So the english says that Wrath lowers the cooldown by 1 at the start of the turn like Quickened Pulse, but it will be the start of every single turn while it's active? Is that how the Japanese says it?

Yes. While it doesn't say so explicitly, the wording implies every turn.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Ice Dragon So the english says that Wrath lowers the cooldown by 1 at the start of the turn like Quickened Pulse, but it will be the start of every single turn while it's active? Is that how the Japanese says it?

I'm not him, but yes, according to the JP text, Wrath checks every turn.

I too am slightly disappointed that the banner is only 3 new characters.  Oh well.  I'm excited for Elincia and her super awesome brave weapon.  I'll be sniping reds for sure.  Hopefully I can get her.  

While Wrath looks like a cool skill, I'm going to pass on the blues this time because I never took much of a liking to Nephenee and Oscar.  I benched them in my PoR game, haha.  I am hoping to see Mia, Jill, Boyd, and Kieran in the future.  

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for the art, Oscar's idle art is the one that bugs me the most since he looks so skinny as if he doesn't get enough food.

That would make sense.  He spends all his time cooking and caring for his family.  He doesn't have time for himself.

At a base 3% focus rate, the odds of a red orb being Elincia are 3.30%. If there was a fourth character (and Elincia stayed the only red), those odds would drop to 2.49%.

(This assumes all four Brave Heroes show up as 5* exclusives in the regular summon lineup, which seems likely.)

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fewer focus characters mean slightly higher pull rates per character. Totally not my bias speaking, nope.

Ah, but 33.3% garbage is worse than 25% garbage and everyone's imagination dictates that Character #4 would've been 35/35 Atk/Spd Kieran with Cavalry Pulse or some such.

Yeah... I had set my mind on hoarding orbs after CYL banner until the Halloween, but I'll spend some orbs trying to get Elincia. Need that red flyier.
Hopefully, we'll have a lot of orbs coming our way on the next few weeks. There's a login bonus with the new banner, there's FE Warriors maps (do they give orbs as rewards?), there's Ninian+Hawkeye BHB, new TT...

Hope I get her early so I can start saving my orbs.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fewer focus characters mean slightly higher pull rates per character. Totally not my bias speaking, nope.

I guess the positive out of this is I might come out without having to spend any money on this banner.

I really want workable natures for Elincia and Oscar, though.  My Emblem teams beckon.

6 minutes ago, a bear said:

Ah, but 33.3% garbage is worse than 25% garbage and everyone's imagination dictates that Character #4 would've been 35/35 Atk/Spd Kieran with Cavalry Pulse or some such.

Then why bother pulling at all.

What-ifs don't change what the banner is.

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

Elincia is being overhyped.  Don't get me wrong, Amiti has a potential to be amazing, but 4 more MT means nothing when she could still have 4 less attack.  And +3 speed means nothing if her speed is ~30 base.  Probably best to give her goad instead of hone since she can teleport with her B skill, I see a lot of people saying they're going to sac hinoka for her.

She just needs 32 attack and speed which is slightly better than Palla's 31 attack and speed to be a red Cordelia because Amiti makes up for her lower base attack and speed. That said, people figure she might have something like 28 attack and ~35 speed which is kind all right considering Caeda has 25 attack and 37 speed.

Personally, I think her hype is justified by the fact there were no other sword fliers, but Caeda, a speedy mage tank, and Palla, a jack of all trades. Elincia being a speedy flier or a red Cordelia is more than enough to justify her hype. I would have preferred a physical tank with high attack which Ashnard and Sacred Stones' Glen could be, but they're likely to be GHB and/or TT units. Tanith would be cool too since Sonic Sword could have a built-in Distant Counter which Runesword Narcian could have done, but... yeah. Still, the fact we have 3 sword fliers is pretty good. Elincia being the first sword flier a legendary is a bonus too.

Edit: Forgot about this, but there is probably no reason for Elincia to have 30 base speed or lower. Her page on the Fire Emblem wiki implies she's like the usual fast Pegasus Knights.

Edited by Kaden

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Am I the only one really excited for Oscar?  If avatars were a thing in PoR, I'd S Support him.

He's Stahl, but better I'd say. Muted, understated, mature, a fine chef; a good contrast to his loudmouth brother Boyd and the energetic Kieran. Though I do recall one of the PoR three brothers base conversations having him say he was Rolf's secret role model- so he can be a little unexpected too.

And who wouldn't support Oscar? Earth affinity makes you very attractive no matter what (not that Volug, Nolan, or Zihark needed it).

Only three characters is a shame since Tellius has a large crew to select from. Oscar, though a former Crimean Royal Knight, is an odd choice when the Greil Mercenaries, though Crimean, are treated more as their own thing apart from Crimea. Neph makes sense, and Elincia does too, but it's weird for Elincia to not have any of her personal retainer trio of Geoffrey, Lucia and Bastian. I noticed they chose to ignore Amiti's Def and Res buffs- just as they did Ragnell's boost.

The thing about Elincia's retainers is that they all have unique skill potential:

Geoffrey, besides bringing another Brave Lance, would possibly come with Lance Experience or Lance Valor to reference Paragon- which could make grinding easier (hopefully he'd get demoted to 4 Stars to make the grind slightly easier).

Lucia has Parity, which in both Tellius games mitigates all skills, support bonuses and terrain effects on both the attacker and the attacked, but is a command skill so it is only usable on the player phase. So for Heroes- I guess it'd be an initiative triggered-skill like Death Blow, and would mitigate all ABC skills (Specials even?), supports, and terrain, but not weapon effects. Since it'd be PP only, it wouldn't be overpowering, and would allow its user to benefit from ally buffs on the enemy phase.

Bastian has Corrosion, a proc skill which in Tellius reduces the durability of the enemy's equipped weapon. I don't think Corrosion should be a Special, an ABC (I'm guessing A or B) skill instead. As for the effect, I was thinking it would be one of those "if HP > X%" skills, and the effect would be that it mitigates the non-Mt effects of the enemy's weapon for one full turn. So if Bastian survived a round vs. Reintime, Mr. Dire Thunder from Down Under would find himself unable to quad anymore (and to be fair, it'd probably mitigate the -5 Spd too). Or it he took on PoR Ikeypoo, suddenly you could shoot him down from afar afterwards without fear of Distant Counter. Wo Dao would lose the Special damage boost, Slayings their acceleration, jewels their TA, -Ravens and -Wolfs their effective bonuses (but Bows could keep theirs I'd say), Daggers their debuffs, Sieglinde its attack buff. Is this too broken?

And related to Bastian, Brom has Disarm, which is similar to Corrosion, but it unequips the enemy of their weapon instead. I'd say just make Brom another Corrosion unit. It'd be less work this way, and it'd expand the number of available sources of Corrosion. But if we wanted to include both, I'd make Disarm strip a unit of their weapon's Mt completely through for that particular phase (perhaps make it a Death Blow-like skill), and along with it the weapon's skills (and also Bow effectiveness), a slightly stronger Corrosion that lasts only for one phase instead of one full turn.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He's Stahl, but better I'd say. Muted, understated, mature, a fine chef; a good contrast to his loudmouth brother Boyd and the energetic Kieran. Though I do recall one of the PoR three brothers base conversations having him say he was Rolf's secret role model- so he can be a little unexpected too.

And who wouldn't support Oscar? Earth affinity makes you very attractive no matter what (not that Volug, Nolan, or Zihark needed it).

Only three characters is a shame since Tellius has a large crew to select from. Oscar, though a former Crimean Royal Knight, is an odd choice when the Greil Mercenaries, though Crimean, are treated more as their own thing apart from Crimea. Neph makes sense, and Elincia does too, but it's weird for Elincia to not have any of her personal retainer trio of Geoffrey, Lucia and Bastian. I noticed they chose to ignore Amiti's Def and Res buffs- just as they did Ragnell's boost.

The thing about Elincia's retainers is that they all have unique skill potential:

Geoffrey, besides bringing another Brave Lance, would possibly come with Lance Experience or Lance Valor to reference Paragon- which could make grinding easier (hopefully he'd get demoted to 4 Stars to make the grind slightly easier).

Lucia has Parity, which in both Tellius games mitigates all skills and terrain effects on both the attacker and the attacked, but is a command skill so it is only usable on the player phase. So for Heroes- I guess it'd be an initiative triggered-skill like Death Blow, and would mitigate all ABC skills (Specials even?), but not weapon effects. Since it'd be PP only, it wouldn't be overpowering, and would allow its user to benefit from ally buffs on the enemy phase.

Bastian has Corrosion, a proc skill which in Tellius reduces the durability of the enemy's equipped weapon. I don't think Corrosion should be a Special, an ABC (I'm guessing A or B) skill instead. As for the effect, I was thinking it would be one of those "if HP > X%" skills, and the effect would be that it mitigates the non-Mt effects of the enemy's weapon for one full turn. So if Bastian survived a round vs. Reintime, Mr. Dire Thunder from Down Under would find himself unable to quad anymore (and to be fair, it'd probably mitigate the -5 Spd too). Or it he took on PoR Ikeypoo, suddenly you could shoot him down from afar afterwards without fear of Distant Counter. Wo Dao would lose the Special damage boost, Slayings their acceleration, jewels their TA, -Ravens and -Wolfs their effective bonuses (but Bows could keep theirs I'd say), Daggers their debuffs, Sieglinde its attack buff. Is this too broken?

And related to Bastian, Brom has Disarm, which is similar to Corrosion, but it unequips the enemy of their weapon instead. I'd say just make Brom another Corrosion unit. It'd be less work this way, and it'd expand the number of available sources of Corrosion. But if we wanted to include both, I'd make Disarm strip a unit of their weapon's Mt completely through for that particular phase (perhaps make it a Death Blow-like skill), and along with it the weapon's skills (and also Bow effectiveness), a slightly stronger Corrosion that lasts only for one phase instead of one full turn.

Disarm could work like Bride Lyn's skill and disable counterattack after combat.

Y'know, I kind of want a character drawn by Kippu to have a pouty face when they attack or something. It should totally be a buff, gruff dude doing it. :p

Anyway, still kind of annoyed that Kieran wasn't on the banner or any green unit for that matter since greens are still the lowest population. Axe cavaliers still do not have a ~32 attack and speed unit and Titania comes the closest to being the jack of all trades cavalier, but what would be closer to that is something like 40 HP, 30 Atk, 30 Spd, 25 Def, and 25 Res with 4 points remaining for whatever which if you split and dump into attack and speed, then you'd have a Cain with Abel's defenses axe cavalier, so that's two horses with one stone. Kieran could have been be a default Brave axe cavalier which they also don't have or he could introduce Firesweep Axe.

It'd be hilarious if Kieran is actually the Tellius Tempest Trials reward unit.

Edited by Kaden

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Her wrath powered special quote should be "Illinois isn't just Chicago!"

Thank you so much for this, I actually laughed when I read it. I never thought I'd see something so relatable on this forum...

After sleeping on it, I think I'll still mostly try for Elincia, but Nephenee and Oscar are both characters I'd like as well, so I'll see how long it takes to get Elincia first. If that leak does turn out to be true though (and it looks like it is so far; if BK is the Tempest reward, then I'll be almost fully convinced), then I might have to force myself to save orbs for the potential Jugdral banner. If I spend all my orbs here, and that one ends up having Altena, Lewyn, Ayra, Fury/Erinys, Quan, Finn, Shannan... well, let's just say I'll be disappointed if I spend all my orbs before then.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That'd be wonderful actually, he's easily my favourite red christmas knight, and I'd like a good axe cav, or at least better than the ones we have now.

10 hours ago, The Geek said:

Maybe I'm just more used to anime styles, but I don't see what everyone's problem with Elincia's art is.  Her proportions are fine (she's 6-7 heads tall which is pretty standard for anime styles) and this is also Path of Radiance Elincia so it makes sense that she's kind of awkward in her armor.

It's too moe for alot of people when they think of Elincia they think elegant not "super cute".

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Actually it'll be Petrine or Ashnard. Those Dauntless Crimeans will have as their contrast a Daunt-having... Daeinian? Daeini?

Since we're talking about Green... Telliusians? For PoR we have: Greil (not gonna happen for a long while after CYL), Kieran, Boyd, Largo, Bastian, Haar (he does come with a Brave Axe, so that seems to be his preferred weapon type), and possibly Jill (by the way, where is she? does IS/DeNA want to spread out the popular flying ladies?).

I wouldn't mind a Largo with Delthea's Def and Ogma's Res (or whatever the current lowest values are)- min-maxed to heaven! (Have you seen his base stats? 10 Def and 3 Res as a 20/7 Berserker is very fragile). All I'd have to do is find a Brave Axe and Vantage for him to inherit and he'd be good, I'm not sure if he'd even need LoD, but it couldn't hurt now could it?

26 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

That'd be wonderful actually, he's easily my favourite red christmas knight, and I'd like a good axe cav, or at least better than the ones we have now.

The current 3 axe cavaliers are all perfectly usable, but the main issues other than Gunter being an old guy with old guy BST is that there's only 3 of them, two of them overlap or rather, Frederick having normal melee cavalier BST overshadows Gunter while Titania is the closest thing to a jack of all trades along with also being the only axe cavalier with high resistance, and none of them have legendary weapons even if it's just a special thing for them to have. At least sword fliers had the the options of jack of all trades Palla and mage tank Caeda at launch. Axe cavaliers only had physical, hard-hitting tanks until late-April when Titania was introduced.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually it'll be Petrine or Ashnard. Those Dauntless Crimeans will have as their contrast a Daunt-having... Daeinian? Daeini?

Wouldn't Ashnard and Petrine make more sense as GHBs?

17 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Wouldn't Ashnard and Petrine make more sense as GHBs?

I meant that a bit jokingly, since the word Dauntless was being tossed around.

I don't think TT chars have shown a pattern at all yet. We have crossdress Lucina, RTobin, and Chives. What do they all have in common? Well, nothing really, perhaps it's that they're supporting characters to the MC (Lucina masked is not so much Chrom's equal as she who bails him out from time to time, and Tobin and Gunman Clive are Alm's chatting buds).

If "first class supporter" = TT char, and again this hypothesis is thin, then I think Boyd would be possibility, but a Elincia retainer could work according to it too.

Oh hey. Elincia with her weapon makes her even better as a unit than other Brave Sword users. More might than Brave Sword+ and less speed reductions than Braves Swords, making her be still speedy while having more power. Very good. This gives her more chance to quad enemies. And Nephnee seems to be good as well.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Haha, I have to admit you make a good point there. :):

---

I actually like Elincia's art.  She looks cute, but she's not too cutesy like FEH Mae is (in my opinion).