Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

Got a nephenie Oscar and also Lucas . Oscar is - Attack + res , Nephenie is - speed + res and lukas is + hp - res (why are you the only one with a decent nature !) 

I'am kind of sad about their nature but since i only use 100 orbs i won't complain . 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

why do I get the feeling that new units are getting better and better. The cyl banner seems to be the beginning of a new season for FE Heroes. I am starting to hate powercreep. 

CYL I kinda shrugged it off since the CYL units were supposed to be a big deal, and it made sense for them to be better than usual. (plus they even gave everyone one free) But yeah, this banner being pretty OP too is a little worrisome.

Elincia is an absolute monster. As people predicted, she's basically a red Cordelia. My +atk -def one is smashing everything in the face. I'm even tempted to give her Galeforce so I can basically run a red and blue Cordelia together in multi-map modes. I used the custom feature of the calculator to put her in and she doesn't get too big of a boost from having Draconic Aura/Luna, so it might be okay.

Granted Galeforce isn't something for area play, but for TT and CCs I'm in love with it on my Cordelia, so it might be nice to have.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elincia's stats being as good as they are is unexpected. She has the equivalent of 37/39 neutral offences with a Brave Sword+, which is utterly absurd.

Oscar makes me sad because he basically renders Peri and Abel obsolete, both of whom are characters I like more than him.

Nephenee is fast Oboro, trading HP and Res for top-class Spd. I can see her running some interesting and nasty sets like Steady Breath, Bonfire/Ignis, and Wrath or go with a more conventional approach with just Fury on top of her base kit.

Is there any reason to use Palla and Caeda now? With how good Elincia's stats are they seem officially dead. At least Zephiel is a better wall than BK, so he's not completely second rate now. 

And same here about Oscar. I really like Peri both as a unit and character-wise, so it's a bummer she's outclassed now. I'll still use her anyway, even if I get an Oscar, though.

Edited by Alkaid

Also, Nephenee's JP voice lines are so adorable. She stumbles over her verb conjugations because she's not used to the conjugations used for polite (-masu) speech.

Whereas Donnel gives no shits about talking like a hick from the boonies, Nephenee is making an effort to talk like the rest of the "more civilized" folk, and there's this warm and fuzzy endearing feeling from listening to her trying so hard.

Also, Nephenee has really nice thighs. I just wanted to mention.

10 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

why do I get the feeling that new units are getting better and better. The cyl banner seems to be the beginning of a new season for FE Heroes. I am starting to hate powercreep. 

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

CYL I kinda shrugged it off since the CYL units were supposed to be a big deal, and it made sense for them to be better than usual. (plus they even gave everyone one free) But yeah, this banner being pretty OP too is a little worrisome.

Elincia's the only character that's noticeably better than what we had before.

Slaying Lance+ was already expected to be coming out eventually to complete the set, meaning the only really new things that Nephenee brings to the table are her novel stat line (fast Oboro) and the new Wrath skill, which is not restricted to her.

Oscar brings only a little to the table in the form of +0/1 to Peri's offensive stat line (+0/2 to Abel's, +2/0 to Roderick's).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, Nephenee's JP voice lines are so adorable. She stumbles over her verb conjugations because she's not used to the conjugations used for polite (-masu) speech.

Whereas Donnel gives no shits about talking like a hick from the boonies, Nephenee is making an effort to talk like the rest of the "more civilized" folk, and there's this warm and fuzzy endearing feeling from listening to her trying so hard.

Slaying Lance+ was already expected to be coming out eventually to complete the set, meaning the only really new things that Nephenee brings to the table are her novel stat line (fast Oboro) and the new Wrath skill, which is not restricted to her.

Oscar brings only a little to the table in the form of +0/1 to Peri's offensive stat line (+0/2 to Abel's, +2/0 to Roderick's).

Isnt Neph stats just a slightly shuffled Marth/Catria with 1 speed extra or something

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

[...] I'm even tempted to give her Galeforce so I can basically run a red and blue Cordelia together in multi-map modes. I used the custom feature of the calculator to put her in and she doesn't get too big of a boost from having Draconic Aura/Luna, so it might be okay.

Granted Galeforce isn't something for area play, but for TT and CCs I'm in love with it on my Cordelia, so it might be nice to have.

[...]

That's what I was thinking: To slap Galeforce, Reposition and Fortify Fliers on her. With her native A- and B-Slot skills, that's 2720 SP to grind ... ouch

Perhaps that will be an impossible set for my +SPD-DEF one, since she won't survive much and want's Escutcheon more. 

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Isnt Neph stats just a slightly shuffled Marth/Catria with 1 speed extra or something

"Fast Oboro" is a more useful comparison because the primary stat differences are in HP, Spd, and Res, and HP and Res aren't as relevant of stats as Atk, Spd, and Def. Because of this, the only functional difference between Nephenee and Oboro is Nephenee's massive Spd boost.

Compared to Catria, the primary difference in stats is in Def and Res, but Catria also has the benefit of a superior movement type. The comparison is then, "bulkier Catria without wings", which is less simple than "fast Oboro".

Compared to Marth, Nephenee has the same basic stat differences as when compared to Catria, making the comparison "bulkier Marth with a lance", which again is less simple than "fast Oboro".

19 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Is there any reason to use Palla and Caeda now? With how good Elincia's stats are they seem officially dead. At least Zephiel is a better wall than BK, so he's not completely second rate now. 

Palla is bulkier and has better sustain with a Ruby Sword, but that's about it. Caeda was pretty lackluster to begin with, so Elincia being better than Caeda isn't anything particularly special. For what it's worth, Palla and Caeda being outclassed isn't really Elincia's fault. Both Palla and Caeda had underwhelming stat distributions to begin with, meaning the only reason you used either of them was because they were the only two choices for red fliers in the game.

The Black Knight has several points that make Zephiel look less desirable, though. The Black Knight has Distant Counter on his weapon, meaning his A slot is free to put another skill. The Black Knight has Black Luna as his special skill, which is more powerful than Bonfire. The Black Knight has 34 base Spd, meaning he doesn't need Wary Fighter to avoid being double attacked in most PvE content, which also means he has his B slot free to put a different skill.

20 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Elincia is an absolute monster. As people predicted, she's basically a red Cordelia. My +atk -def one is smashing everything in the face. I'm even tempted to give her Galeforce so I can basically run a red and blue Cordelia together in multi-map modes. I used the custom feature of the calculator to put her in and she doesn't get too big of a boost from having Draconic Aura/Luna, so it might be okay.

And same here about Oscar. I really like Peri both as a unit and character-wise, so it's a bummer she's outclassed now. I'll still use her anyway, even if I get an Oscar, though.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elincia might be the only one but the other two are no slouches either. I think these units mark a direction which the game will be heading from now on.

I basically understand that is the only way for the game to progress unitwise. I remember back in the day when Soren was released and people were complaining that he is not better than Nino. So if IS was just releasing rehashes of units it would get old pretty quick and people would be less interested in new heroes unless they had an affinity for those units. Stronger units are more desirable. So it wouldnt make too much sense if IS released substantially weaker units, they will slowly raise the bar.

As an f2p player who recently got back into the game (about 1,5 months ago) I am somewhat concerned about older units getting obsolete. As f2p I have basically no chances of getting any units +10 (thats not my goal anyway). However, I was planning to promote some units to a higher level (+3-5) like Reinhardt and Nino as there is a higher chance for me of getting them in the long run. I am also planning to promote and merge some grand heroes like Xander and Camus to a higher level. These are of course, total long term plans as I need to get the units AND the feathers and both will take time. So my personal worry is, that once I am halfway done with those units, having invested lots of feathers and time, these units might have become (totally?) obsolete like Robin or to some degree even Takumi for example.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Black Knight has several points that make Zephiel look less desirable, though. The Black Knight has Distant Counter on his weapon, meaning his A slot is free to put another skill. The Black Knight has Black Luna as his special skill, which is more powerful than Bonfire. The Black Knight has 34 base Spd, meaning he doesn't need Wary Fighter to avoid being double attacked in most PvE content, which also means he has his B slot free to put a different skill.

Glad we are getting that monster for free :)

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Fast Oboro" is a more useful comparison because the primary stat differences are in HP, Spd, and Res, and HP and Res aren't as relevant of stats as Atk, Spd, and Def. Because of this, the only functional difference between Nephenee and Oboro is Nephenee's massive Spd boost.

Compared to Catria, the primary difference in stats is in Def and Res, but Catria also has the benefit of a superior movement type. The comparison is then, "bulkier Catria without wings", which is less simple than "fast Oboro".

Compared to Marth, Nephenee has the same basic stat differences as when compared to Catria, making the comparison "bulkier Marth with a lance", which again is less simple than "fast Oboro".

Honestly Nephenee is basically 'infantry Camus' more than anything else. Fast, reasonably strong, bulky---as long as you aren't hitting res. Main problem is that her offensive lead disappears (even after +Atk) if Camus picks up a Hone, and you don't exactly want to run something like Delthea or B!Lucina in the same team due to blue saturation.

She has more Def in exchange for Hp, which is nice, but, honestly, it takes a lot to go from a 2RKO to a 3RKO, and 3 points usually isn't enough, particularly if one guy has a 5 hp lead.

31 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Elincia might be the only one but the other two are no slouches either. I think these units mark a direction which the game will be heading from now on.

I basically understand that is the only way for the game to progress unitwise. I remember back in the day when Soren was released and people were complaining that he is not better than Nino. So if IS was just releasing rehashes of units it would get old pretty quick and people would be less interested in new heroes unless they had an affinity for those units. Stronger units are more desirable. So it wouldnt make too much sense if IS released substantially weaker units, they will slowly raise the bar.

As an f2p player who recently got back into the game (about 1,5 months ago) I am somewhat concerned about older units getting obsolete. As f2p I have basically no chances of getting any units +10 (thats not my goal anyway). However, I was planning to promote some units to a higher level (+3-5) like Reinhardt and Nino as there is a higher chance for me of getting them in the long run. I am also planning to promote and merge some grand heroes like Xander and Camus to a higher level. These are of course, total long term plans as I need to get the units AND the feathers and both will take time. So my personal worry is, that once I am halfway done with those units, having invested lots of feathers and time, these units might have become (totally?) obsolete like Robin or to some degree even Takumi for example.

Nephenee's stat spread among lances doesn't really break any new ground. She's rather comparable to Lucina and Robin with the differences being that she deals a bit less damage, but is somewhat bulkier.

Oscar is also only barely stronger than Peri, Abel, and Roderick, and those 1-2 points aren't going to make or break a unit.

Honestly, I don't see new units actually making older characters obsolete (not including CYL, which was explicitly meant to be the cream of the crop) outside of the few cases where the characters made obsolete were not great to begin with, but were the only ones available to fill a particular role.

Heroes has several means of keeping units from power creeping, the two most notable of which are the fact that base stat and growth rate totals are fixed within a class an the fact that skills implemented on newer characters are fully transferable to older characters.

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Honestly Nephenee is basically 'infantry Camus' more than anything else. Fast, reasonably strong, bulky---as long as you aren't hitting res. Main problem is that her offensive lead disappears (even after +Atk) if Camus picks up a Hone, and you don't exactly want to run something like Delthea or B!Lucina in the same team due to blue saturation.

In other words, a more complicated comparison than "fast Oboro" because you just attached a bunch of strings to your "infantry Camus". Occam's cutting implement says your comparison is more complicated than it needs to be.

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

She has more Def in exchange for Hp, which is nice, but, honestly, it takes a lot to go from a 2RKO to a 3RKO, and 3 points usually isn't enough, particularly if one guy has a 5 hp lead.

3 Def and 6 HP are exactly equivalent when taking 2 hits of damage.

The only difference is that having 3 more Def and 6 less HP means you have 3 more points of stats somewhere else (even if that stat happens to be Res).

Edited by Ice Dragon

I know this been said already, but my God am I disappointed Elincia's art. It may not be as bad as Loyd but it's much more disappointing. They seriously need to using moe design for pre establish character.

Where's everyone getting their detail for BK? All I saw on reddit was his Eclipse skill & his stats.

I honestly don't know what to do with the Oscar I just pulled. How am I supposed to build him anyways? (For reference, I don't have any firesweep/brave lance fodder or fury fodder)

At this point, the only thing I can think of is to just use him as a bonus unit in the arena for 2 weeks and then never touch him again like my other 3 non-Camus lance cavaliers.

Edited by Korath88

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

So my personal worry is, that once I am halfway done with those units, having invested lots of feathers and time, these units might have become (totally?) obsolete like Robin or to some degree even Takumi for example.

With Brave Lyn being out and most people running her default skill over CA, I'd say Robin is still essential, imo. I use him in every Arena Assault... and I've even raised a Henry to also do his job. Thinking of raising more. Brave Bow Lyn can be a pain on some maps.

Edited by Cute Chao

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

With Brave Lyn being out and most people running her default skill over CA, I'd say Robin is still essential, imo. I use him in every Arena Assault... and I've even raised a Henry to also do his job. Thinking of raising more. Brave Bow Lyn can be a pain on some maps.

True, didnt think about him as a possible Lyn counter.

Brave Lyn is scary indeed. I am always happy if I dont have to face her.

Edited by Prince Endriu

Damn, the BK is basically a red Amelia. +1Hp -5Res.

And he can run Fury instead of Distant Counter.

I am definitely promoting his 4* and merging him for a 5* +1.

And he will be S-supporting Amelia as well.

32 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I was focusing reds and got Celica. Sad because I wanted Elincia, but I didn't have Celica, so...

Still have time to get her, but it does give  a bad feeling to summon an off-banner 5*

Dude I don't even want to hear it. On the Sacred Stones banner, I pulled 4 off-banner 5*s on the same pull.

Since I've been playing I have pulled more off-banner 5* than I have of the characters that are actually on the banner.

Besides, Celica is extremely good. At least you don't have 3 off-banner Hawkeyes...

My summoning results haven't been spectacular to say the least... I've got a 4* Marth and a 4* Roy...

Even though I already have 5* versions of both of them.

Granted, it's the first day. I shouldn't be too worried. Plus, other than the fact that these units are the key to arena victories  overpowered, I'm not overly excited for any of them. I won't die if I don't get any of them. 

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like Lyn has a rival now.