Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

12 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Did you run the calculations with the -80% defence with the exclusive skill that he gets?

Nope because how do you run that through a calculator that doesn't have the skill.

It does match up now, but at the time how does one even know that they'd add a new SPECIAL.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Nope because how do you run that through a calculator that doesn't have the skill.

It does match up now, but at the time how does one even know that they'd add a new SPECIAL.

Well you can just run the calculations manually but given how I didn't look at the original posts time that's fair my bad.

Just now, predator_21476 said:

Well you can just run the calculations manually but given how I didn't look at the original posts time that's fair my bad.

I know that and all is well, I just mean THEY'VE ADDED A NEW SPECIAL.

The first new special in the game since launch, and it basically neutralizes all but 4-6 of a units Defense, 7-8 if triggered on a unit with more than 35 defense. There's better ways to murder a unit, rendering all defense useless is definitely an extreme way to go about it.

Just now, Xenomata said:

I know that and all is well, I just mean THEY'VE ADDED A NEW SPECIAL.

The first new special in the game since launch, and it basically neutralizes all but 4-6 of a units Defense, 7-8 if triggered on a unit with more than 35 defense. There's better ways to murder a unit, rendering all defense useless is definitely an extreme way to go about it.

Man i was hoping they were going to. I was expecting them to make it exclusive to armoured units in general not just the black knight. Its cool that he has eclipse though I guess they had to find a way to make him more broken. I'm gonna be scared of the people who inevitably make a steady breath black knight.

3 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Man i was hoping they were going to. I was expecting them to make it exclusive to armoured units in general not just the black knight. Its cool that he has eclipse though I guess they had to find a way to make him more broken. I'm gonna be scared of the people who inevitably make a steady breath black knight.

The fact that many people seem to be going to do it means that it'll be quite common so countermeasures can be made ahead of time. The fact that he's an red sword armored unit with poor res means that he's mage food. Stuff like Firesweep Lance will also help. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

The fact that many people seem to be going to do it means that it'll be quite common so countermeasures can be made ahead of time. The fact that he's an red sword armored unit with poor res means that he's mage food. Stuff like Firesweep Lance will also help. 

Well you can counter any unit in the game quite easily the black knight will be no different. But for armour emblem he can be quite devastating and just outclasses Zephiel by the look of things. Hell my Ike can probably deal with him but that's still threatening. 

Just now, predator_21476 said:

Well you can counter any unit in the game quite easily the black knight will be no different. But for armour emblem he can be quite devastating and just outclasses Zephiel by the look of things. Hell my Ike can probably deal with him but that's still threatening. 

Zephiel is still the superior wall thanks to his higher hp, def, res and Wary Fighter. Armor Emblem isn't common so his hype will go away quickly and we're still in fast mage/cav meta. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

Zephiel is still the superior wall thanks to his higher hp, def, res and Wary Fighter. Armor Emblem isn't common so his hype will go away quickly and we're still in fast mage/cav meta. 

It can still be a pain to deal with but that could just be on me running mostly physical infantry units. Not for the lack in horse units or fast mages I just don't tend to gravitate to them. My Julia is still on basically every team though because reinhardt is annoying. Though that is true but I feel like he can make some very good use out of a free a slot skill. I guess we're just gonna have to see how it all plays out. Elincia is definitely busted as hell though. 

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Gonna spoiler this since it's datamined:

Reveal hidden contents

Looking at the leaked TT opening, I think you're right on the money since Ike, Mist and Titania are involved in it. The more cynical side of me was predicting that they'd put Ike+ the 3 new PoR units as the 40% to push people to pull for them, while Soren, Titania, Mist and the BK would be the 20% unit.

Spoiler

Will Ike or BH!Ike be the fourth 40% bonus unit?

Well, Nephenee got shoveled to me a total of 4 times. One nature is complete trash. The others...Neutral, +Atk/-Hp, and +Atk/-Res. I think one of the two +Atk would be better. The sole Oscar is +Atk/-Hp so I'm happy with him. Elincia was +Def/-Spd. Other units that were pulled were Gray and Mathilda, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the other two Grays I pulled in the hunt for BRoy.

After some Raighs, Sophias, Athenas, Laslows, Eliwoods, Chroms and others, I got my Elincia. She's +spd -def. Just one more extra Eliwood so I can eventually get him to +10. 

I also got 2 Oscars when there were no red orbs. One is +def -spd and the other one is...+atk -res

And...an Ike decided to show up after I got Elincia. He's neutral.

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

After some Raighs, Sophias, Athenas, Laslows, Eliwoods, Chroms and others, I got my Elincia. She's +spd -def.

I also got 2 Oscars when there were no red orbs. One is +def -spd and the other one is...+atk -res

And...an Ike decided to show up after I got Elincia. He's neutral.

Welp, someone is prepared for the Tempest Trials.

2 hours ago, The Geek said:

I dunno, I think Elincia is pretty cute in PoR and RD.

Agreed, I imagined a lighter voice for her before PoR's ending cutscene hit like a truck and gave her a voice similar to what she has in Heroes now.

Elincia's stats being as good as they are is unexpected. She has the equivalent of 37/39 neutral offences with a Brave Sword+, which is utterly absurd.

Oscar makes me sad because he basically renders Peri and Abel obsolete, both of whom are characters I like more than him.

Nephenee is fast Oboro, trading HP and Res for top-class Spd. I can see her running some interesting and nasty sets like Steady Breath, Bonfire/Ignis, and Wrath or go with a more conventional approach with just Fury on top of her base kit.