Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Vaximillian

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of torn on which unit to use.  I wish there was a Green 40% unit.  Reinhardt has been a staple on my Tempest team, and I really like having a Falchion healer, but Reinhardt's probably more essential.  I think I'll probably use Ike as my 40% unit.

I have both Titania and Soren who I could use as my Green.  If I run Titania, she and Reinhardt can buff each other, but then there's the issue of wasting potential SP and HM by running Titania, which is already a problem for Reinhardt and whichever Dancer I field.

My team will end up being...

Ike, Soren/Titania, Reinhardt, Azura

Well, +HP/-Spd Ike (Swap, QR2), +Def/-Spd Elincia (Reposition, Moonbow, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers), +Def/-Spd Oscar (Bonfire, Fury 3), and +Def/-Res Mist (base kit) are all set to go. I also have a lv. 40 +Spd/-Def Titania though only 4* and only has base kit.

Soren has been in desperate need for SP, so he's definitely going to be on my team. I'm almost glad I don't have any of the 40% Bonus Units, since Soren fits on my regular Tempest team much better than they would. That said, I'll still be pulling on the Crimean banner with any orbs gained from the Tempest, and I'll probably try to fit one of them on my team as well. Good thing I have Ninian one Tempest late might I add so I can finally use a dancer that hasn't maxed her HM yet.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wait, have the previous Tempest Trials had three seals to collect? Or am I misremembering? Either way, I'm excited for all of them, Panic Ploy most of all.

No, the previous Tempest Trials had only two seals each. This one includes a repeat of the Res +1 seal.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

No, the previous Tempest Trials had only two seals each. This one includes a repeat of the Res +1 seal.

Phew, thanks, I thought I might've been going mildly crazy. Even if it's just a repeat, it seems fairly generous. Unless it gets brought in the next batch of Seals Quests; then it'll just be kinda redundant, besides the free feathers.

First map of my first run, and it's... the FE6 map from the paralogues. Not entirely surprising, since Sanaki was there (Radiant Dawn Sanaki, though...), but still somewhat amusing, especially for the first map.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

76 HP on Black Knight in 7-Lunatic. Reinhardt users ARE having a field day.

My 5-star +Atk +2 Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 left him with 4 HP on turn 1. Which, if I had actually attacked, would've also left Reinhardt dead afterwards. I think I'll be investing in giving Ninian Hone Attack sooner rather than later...

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

My 5-star +Atk +2 Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 left him with 4 HP on turn 1. Which, if I had actually attacked, would've also left Reinhardt dead afterwards. I think I'll be investing in giving Ninian Hone Attack sooner rather than later...

Yeah, I run Olivia, who gets Hone Atk 3 by default. My Reinhardt (5*+1 +Atk/-Spd with Death Blow 3) is also going QP+Memebow. (Displayed 42x2 VS. Black Knight)

So Ike/Soren/Oscar/Maria is pretty boring. Soren has already maxed out his HM after the first two tempests and even with the bonuses the units wear down faster than Maria can heal with Mend+Imbue.

Probably going to go for some sort of Nephenee team when things get a bit too stale.

Edited by Zeo

Went with Ninian/Soren/Masked Marth/Reinhardt for the first two runs, but now I'll probably switch to a less optimal team, just for fun (and SP/HM). It'll probably be in the form of Ninian/Soren/Healer/Extra; I think I'll try getting Lyn to 500 HM and Lucius to 1,000, then switch them out as well.

CJdUjvE.png?1

Sorry, who's this Reinhardt again? Though in all seriousness, why the hell did I wait so long to give Leo a Blade tome? This shit's the best.

The team you see there is the one I'll more than likely stick with for the most part though I'll also probably give Ike and Nephenee opportunities to raise some hell as well.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wait, have the previous Tempest Trials had three seals to collect? Or am I misremembering? Either way, I'm excited for all of them, Panic Ploy most of all.

The last couple have had three, actually: two new and a repeat, just like this one.

Nephenee with +Spd has 44 Speed (counting the skill). Even with -Def she can still tank the BK pretty well and can tank him and Boey (OK sure, that's a joke)

Nephenee is a freaking god. I mean, I have had expectations raised up because of TT before (see: Sonya, Eliwood), but I think she might carry more of this over afterwards.

Also using Sanaki, Brave Ika and Mist.