Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Honestly, I actually wouldn't even mind a multiplier if the multiplier didn't multiply individual rankings. Like, if you participated during a 4.0x  multiplier, the team score rose by 400/440 and your own personal score only rose by 100/110.

It prevents this horrible skew we see in scores and the punishment of people that don't play literally almost every hour.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

"Why are you being so mean, Aunty Ninian?"

Alternatively: "Why are all those people grabbing their big forks? Fae is scared of the big forks."

"Okay Fae, now get into your nice, warm bed."

"But Ninian, isn't that the oven?"

"Of course not Fae, no need to worry. Now be a good girl and go to bed; I promised Eliwood a nice chicken dinner for tomorrow night."

I honestly don't mind the multiplier.  I think it should be shut off at the last hour or two, just so that it doesn't become "who gets the final multiplier".

Shit, I didn't think F!Corrin would get the multiplier again and I'm all out of flags. Oh well, this essentially means Sophia's doomed to lose then at least not that the results of this gauntlet matter in any way since it's been reduced to a clusterf*ck of multipliers and random chance.

Also, is a FE7 character seriously going to get screwed over again? I wanted to avoid saying anything of the kind, but the damn multiplier should've been killed off at least two gauntlets ago. But no, IS just had to go and break things even further, even in spite of Lyn's undeserved loss last time. As some others have said, being a more popular character is now a detriment in a mode that's supposed to be a popularity contest just because some crybabies couldn't handle watching Lucina and Camilla fairly crush their favorites. What's even the damn point anymore aside from feathers?

Edited by Tybrosion

I'll never understand the community, I agree with @Anacybele the multipliers were added to make the matches more like Chrom and Ephraim's battle back in the first gauntlet. And it's working, the multipliers are fine as they give the less popular characters a chance.  Male Corrin has the multiplier right now and I really want him to win, why people favor F Corrin over M Corrin is beyond me. They are literally the same character, I find it super annoying when they use the ''She's female, and has thighs'' excuse *sighs* I mean people can like F Corrin sexually or M Corrin sexually, I don't care that's their thing but that shouldn't be the reason to like F!Corrin more than M!Corrin.

'

Edited by BlazingMage

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I honestly don't mind the multiplier.  I think it should be shut off at the last hour or two, just so that it doesn't become "who gets the final multiplier".

I like this idea. 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, Team Sophia overshot badly.

But her even having had a chance to win over the protagonist of a most recent FE game is hilarious.

The multiplier was a mistake. Bring back the Lucina and Camilla gauntlets.

We'll never be able to go back, but I find it funny the multiplier just flips popularity stompouts on their head and now underdogs seem more favored with this latest change. And so many who complained about the original system for their less popular picks losing are now equally upset at their more popular picks losing.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Then it still becomes “who gets the final multiplier”, but one or two hours earlier.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Go Fae. :D Ninian sucks, imo.

Even if I'm not one to talk, you might want to try to be respectful. Saying "imo" doesn't make it any less disrespectful or provoking.

36 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Honestly, VG is probably the worst feature of this game. I wish they'd just replace it already rather than continue to make the system worse with every change.

Let's see, bunch of fanboys & fangirls having pissing contest with each other & IS can't seem to make up their minds whether this should actually be a popularity contest or not.

Yea, I think you might onto something here.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I actually thought of something like this. Giving enough to allow some untampered voting would help somewhat.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Then it still becomes “who gets the final multiplier”, but one or two hours earlier.

It'll give the numbers a chance to stabilize.

Or, give each team a set number of multipliers.  Once they're out, good luck.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Not in Ninian's case.  Her team has the numbers to overtake Fae in current situation without the multiplier.

Still surprised how people react to this after all the previous iterations. VG have always been completely pointless in their result, besides feather gain. It doesn't change how you perceive the characters, it doesn't change how masses think, it doesn't change any functionality in the game; it has always been a gimmicky feather factory (now also a small coin and orb factory). The outcome is determined by seemingly trivial conditions and shouldn't bother anyone. Mainstream appeal is already pretty clear without the mode.

I'm neither for the earlier versions of the VG, nor the current one. It's a boring mode that needs to be replaced, imo, though I'm not going to lie, my sadistic side does enjoy some reactions, even if they surprise me.

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Would you mind to share his built? I'm very happy with my DC Titania and consider to do something similar to Eliwood. 

Assist: Reposition 

Special: Iceberg

A Skill: Distant Counter

B Skill: Vantage (odd but it did wonders for me in the TT mini)

C: Hone Cavalry (I had too many Gunters so I fed one to Eliwood)

Seal: Distant Defense

It's still experimental but he works nicely as a mage killer. If you have extra Eliwoods, it'd benefit him greatly to get some merges on to get that res as high as it can possibly get. Mine's at +8 merges at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

I'll never understand the community, I agree with @Anacybele the multipliers were added to make the matches more like Chrom and Ephraim's battle back in the first gauntlet. And it's working, the multipliers are fine as they give the less popular characters a chance.  Male Corrin has the multiplier right now and I really want him to win, why people favor F Corrin over M Corrin is beyond me. They are literally the same character, I find it super annoying when they use the ''She's female, and has thighs'' excuse *sighs* I mean people can like F Corrin sexually or M Corrin sexually, I don't care that's their thing but that shouldn't be the reason to like F!Corrin more than M!Corrin.

It's not thighs or anything for me. In fact, I hate female Corrin's open thighs. They seem so forced for the sake of it since every other part of her body sans her feet and face are covered. :/ But I still generally like female Corrin's design more.

And you're right, the multiplier is to give less popular characters a chance, which is fine, but then it kills the whole point of it being a VOTING gauntlet. Which is why I think the name should be changed.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

5 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I like this idea. 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, didn't Camilla get the multiplier 3 or 4 hours before the end?

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

We'll never be able to go back, but I find it funny the multiplier just flips popularity stompouts on their head and now underdogs seem more favored with this latest change. And so many who complained about the original system for their less popular picks losing are now equally upset at their more popular picks losing.

I sided with Sharena in the Lucina gauntlet and was fine with her losing. Hell, we actually put up a really good fight against the modern series mascot.

In the Camilla gauntlet I supported Minerva and also was fine with her losing because it was fair for Camilla to have a larger fanbase due to her coming from the recent game, for one.

The Tharja gauntlet is where it all started to go off the rails. She would have won anyway (I went with Julia, she didn’t reciprocate) but the multiplier brought the false sense of hope and tension.

Take the chance, IS/Nintendo/whoever. Dismantle the multiplier.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not thighs or anything for me. In fact, I hate female Corrin's open thighs. They seem so forced for the sake of it since every other part of her body sans her feet and face are covered. :/ But I still generally like female Corrin's design more.

The Nohrian armor is surprisingly unisex.  Take a really close look at male Corrin's thighs - you'll see the same hole, except covered by pants.

That's right, the difference between men and women is pants.  And I think that's dumb.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I choose you.

PIKA!

Of course, the "how big" and "how it's triggered" would require some number-crunching.  But I like the idea of rallying behind the numbers.

2 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

I'll never understand the community, I agree with @Anacybele the multipliers were added to make the matches more like Chrom and Ephraim's battle back in the first gauntlet. And it's working

I would like to argue against this.

The main draw of Chrom v. Ephraim was from two main reasons:

1. Children were playing with a brand new toy. Of course it would be exciting, we weren't sure what to expect, and no one expected anything along the likes of this. Who would think that an SS character could stand toe-to-toe with the lord of the of the biggest games in the 3DS era?

2. The fight was fair. The loser got no benefits for being behind, and the leader was never punished for being ahead. The team sizes were relatively equivalent, and there were no waiting games that are common in the multiplier matches (Team Ninian is in a waiting game right now, which is the definition of fun -_-). It was just massive flag spam as soon as the other overtook your own team, and the constant tide turning in only small amounts meant no one had substantial leads. It was up to the final hour, but no one minded, because we all knew that the other side put up a good fight without the aid of an outside force.

After the first VG, point 1 is out. And the multiplier completely invalidates point 2, because the multiplier isn't fair.

People don't mind losing that much if they lose to the more popular character or if they felt the fight was fair.

People don't like losing if they feel like they were robbed of their trophy because, like I said before, "they were winning too hard".

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

The Nohrian armor is surprisingly unisex.  Take a really close look at male Corrin's thighs - you'll see the same hole, except covered by pants.

That's right, the difference between men and women is pants.  And I think that's dumb.

Yeah, exactly. That's dumb. Especially after both Robins got to wear pants. There was literally no difference in their outfits.

And then there's that god awful Nohr Noble promotion for female Corrin. It's even worse than her open thighs.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pants/trousers are cool. I wear them. Female Corrin could have done so too, it would have given her thighs at least some degree of protection.