Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Rip Fae, that's a bit of a shame. I was hoping she'd be the little chicken that could. How could Ninian be such a mean bully to her?

Fae (to Ninian): "You stupid bully!"

*Meanwhile over at Nowi vs. A!Tiki*

Nowi: "Hm. I don't know why, but I want to kick Fae's butt tomorrow."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Last second Sophia multiplier I think we might actually win. 

Probably not.  It's taken the underdog several hours to catch up so far.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It's still and experimental build. It's more of a mage killer build and it did wonders for me in the TT mini. 

I'm just narrow-mindedly thinking of Durandal being a Player-Phase weapon. Can't exactly name a better one, though.

(...An Eliwood strikes me as nice for Squad Assault 4-5... really should promote him).

Well, not that Fae's lost, I'm not sure who to go to next.  Maybe whoever wins the Baby Tiki vs Corrin XY match.  I have both and they'll probably be the underdog against Ninian, so more feathers.

Welp this last minute bonus will be pretty nice on my score (I kind of screwed up on the first day so I got like 900k).

If Sophia wins I'll do better on the next round, and if she loses...I think I'll go with M!Corrin for more bonuses.

Drat, I got kicked into Rank 1,688 after all. Not that I wasn't expecting to drop rank, but it's still unfortunate. Oh well; if Nowi wins, that'll be 2,600 feathers, which will be the most I've ever earned from a round in the Voting Gauntlet. I'm pretty happy with that, assuming she does win. Go team Nowi! Don't lose to the Adult Tiki multiplier! 

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fae (to Ninian): "You stupid bully!"

*Meanwhile over at Nowi vs. A!Tiki*

Nowi: "Hm. I don't know why, but I want to kick Fae's butt tomorrow."

Just what we need, consolation/loser rounds! Particularly if it means more pillow material! Spilt your time between helping your lost cause, and your resigned new hope.

50 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I think multiplers are sucking the fun out of this for me. Not only will my current team Nowi lose, but my backup team Ninian will lose. That's not even including previous gauntlets like Leo or Lyn. I think I need to become less invested in these battles and just focus on the feathers now. 

Well, looks like Ninian may actually pull it off, though we may still end up with two upsets this round.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sigh... People will never be satisfied with the gauntlet, will they?

First two gauntlets: Too many curb-stomps and obvious winners, this is boring!

Later gauntlets: Matches are too close now because multipliers, this is unfair!

I just think the gauntlet needs a different name and that the multiplier needs a bit more tweaking. It doesn't need removed and I would MUCH rather not go back to almost every single match being an obvious boring curbstomp and there being an obvious winner.

The thing is, those aren't the only two options.  I still favor secret voting, so that scores are unknown until the very end of the round.  That way, people are encouraged to just go all out, and no one knows that their character is winning or losing until the end, but at the same time we still end up with the more popular character winning (unless the fans completely slack off).

19 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

If anything, it rewards players for playing often. The whole "get the last multiplier" thing is completely affected by the players themselves. It's more of a strategic battle now instead of "popularity cruise control". 

Oh, very strategic.  Almost as "strategic" as rolling a die in D&D. 

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Goodness gracious, people are STILL salty over those matches...? Let it go. Nothing is "fair". The players did this to themselves. Leo fans and Lyn fans got overconfident and paid for it. To make things worse, it showed a really dark side of the Lyn fanbase which was a bad thing to see. 

Do tell how it was overconfidence that caused the losses.  What could the fans (as a whole) have done differently based on the information they had at the time?

9 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Okay, it at least Ninian has a good, fighting chance now. Even if we win though, my opinion of the multiplier stays the same.

It ruins any form of fun that can be derived from VG, which is actually kind of sad. Either make the multiplier apply only for team score to eliminate the feather complaints/skews, or cut/heavily modify the mechanic entirely.

I'm still very disappointed in the whole thing.  After the last one, people were clamoring for a fix, and the response was, "Oh, sure!  Of course we can break it even more!"

I goofed on my second to last match just now and brought Michalis into a match instead of Fae. Your wyvern won’t give me the bonus dude! 

I’ll be heading over to Ninian next round and Soren can return to his rightful place as my lead unit. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

Hope Nowi clings on despite Tiki getting a multiplier for the millionth time.

Should my dragon buddy fall I’ll probably go with female Corrin, or perhaps even adult Tiki herself should Corrin go down to Sophia. I really don’t care about the rest at all, and it’s be a shame since Nowi is the only one I have who’s a competent fighter.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

The thing is, those aren't the only two options.  I still favor secret voting, so that scores are unknown until the very end of the round.  That way, people are encouraged to just go all out, and no one knows that their character is winning or losing until the end, but at the same time we still end up with the more popular character winning (unless the fans completely slack off).

Secret voting might not be a bad idea, actually.

I don't think Sophia will muster 800 mil+ to pull ahead in just 1 multiplier hour. Plus with so many bonus hours all round lots of players probably dumped flags all over the place instead of lots saving them.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Come on Team Tiki (adult), put forth all of your flags now! We can do it...!

You again....

Why must we always oppose each other

here I am hoping you don't make it

and here you are, hoping you do

May the best dragon win

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

We lost

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just what we need, consolation/loser rounds! Particularly if it means more pillow material! Spilt your time between helping your lost cause, and your resigned new hope.

That wasn't where I was going with that, but sure.

It was just a dumb joke involving a stolen crit line that also doubles as a SpongeBob reference I guess.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm just narrow-mindedly thinking of Durandal being a Player-Phase weapon. Can't exactly name a better one, though.

(...An Eliwood strikes me as nice for Squad Assault 4-5... really should promote him).

People forget that he has very good res for a melee unit. Sure, my current build misses out on Durandal's DB 2 effect on player phase but I kinda offset that with his Atk boon to bait and counterkill mages on enemy phase with DC and DD. 

Honestly, Adult Tiki giving Nowi a run for her money is no surprise to me. I always figured she had a legit chance to win, even when I kept seeing so many people around here and other sites claiming that Nowi had an easy path out of Block B.

I'm genuinely shocked though at the trouble Young Tiki is having, especially against a character like Male Corrin with such a heavy stigma against.

6 minutes ago, Thany said:

Good luck the rest of the teams. Lets hope for an unexpected winner for the gauntlet to show up

Oh you precious cinnamon roll. You deserve better.

Totally would've beaten M!Corrin

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Come on Team Tiki (adult), put forth all of your flags now! We can do it...!

Hard to put out any flags when you ran out.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, Adult Tiki giving Nowi a run for her money is no surprise to me. I always figured she had a legit chance to win, even when I kept seeing so many people around here and other sites claiming that Nowi had an easy path out of Block B.

I'm genuinely shocked though at the trouble Young Tiki is having, especially against a character like Male Corrin with such a heavy stigma against.

To be fair to Nowi, she had a huge lead over Adult Tiki after just the first hour. Well... not as "huge" as Ninian's lead, over Fae, but still sizable, more than double the points if I remember right. Same with Young Tiki and Male Corrin; she had a lead similar to Nowi's after the first hour. It's just the multiplier that changed things up so much.

9 minutes ago, Thany said:

Good luck the rest of the teams. Lets hope for an unexpected winner for the gauntlet to show up

Depends on what you mean by "unexpected".  If you mean someone who no one believed would be more popular, then sure.  If you mean an underdog, then I'd prefer not.