Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Shouldn't have, but that's what the multipliers do.  It seems we'll be getting upsets more often than not now, but I guess they just want it to be Blue Shell Gauntlet.

Anyone else have the sinking feeling M. Corrin's going to win the whole thing?

Shame on you, M. Corrin!  A gentleman should not hit ladies!

Edited by JJ48

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

I joined him because yato is cool (wish he was a better sword lord). I too wish ninian will win it all.

He's okay. Yeah, he has issues as a character... but I don't hate him or anything. Don't love him either though... and F!Corrin even less.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Shouldn't have, but that's what the multipliers do.  It seems we'll be getting upsets more often than not now, but I guess they just want it to be Blue Shell Gauntlet.

Yeah, I no longer like the multiplier now. It actually did make upsets more likely to happen which is just not cool. And it WAS tweaked for this one, as a notification said that changes were made to how it calculates stronger and weaker teams.

I wanted it to be tweaked, but not like this. This just made it worse.

Just now, JJ48 said:

Anyone else have the sinking feeling Corrin's going to win the whole thing?

Shame on you, M. Corrin!  A gentleman should not hit ladies!

M!Corrin? Probably not. Considering how Fae failed to overthrow Ninian I doubt it.

F!Corrin has a good chance though.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Maybe that's part of it.  I guess I always assumed the people supporting their favorite characters was the norm rather than the exception.  (Though, the last gauntlet was really the first one that actually had any characters I actually cared about, since Serra was excluded from the cleric gauntlet!)

I'm sure people go for their favorite characters (if any exist), but I just don't think people are nearly as passionate about their favorites winning in comparison. Minerva is one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters, but my reaction to her losing was nothing more than "Darn. Oh well." Same with Eirika, same with Lachesis, same with Gaius (although he did better than even I expected with the multiplier), and same with Roy. I forget who I joined in the mage Gauntlet, but I know it wasn't Tharja, so same there too. I see little point in getting so invested in what is not only now partially determined by random chance, but by the collective opinions of however many people play this game.

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Okay two upsets. Goodie more salt. 

I’d like to take this time to once again futilely remind everyone it’s just a game, it’s not worth it to get so worked up.

Take a deep breath or something. Look at this cute picture of my dog.

Reveal hidden contents

B3W3atX.jpg

Chill!

That is a very cute picture. I approve.

Can I join team DarkLordIvy's dog in the next round since Fluffy Chicken Fae didn't make it?

Just now, Arcanite said:

just kill me tbh

I would, but Ninian would just keep reviving you. She doesn't like death you know. The merciless goddess wants to freeze everyone, preserving them for all eternity encased in ice. We must stop the Ice Queen's Madness.

Awesome, I placed in the top 1000 on Team Female Corrin. :^_^:  Wow, I'm quite surprised that Nowi and Young Tiki lost.  These matches really can go either way now... 

I don't really care who wins cause I'm just in it for the feathers (and it's kinda fun to use my friends' units :P:).  I think the voting gauntlet is a snooze, to be honest.  :sweatdrop:  I personally can't understand why anyone would get worked up over it, but I guess everyone's different and I can respect that.  

My thoughts on the multiplier: I preferred the consistent 3x multiplier.  I don't like the uncertainty about when I should spend my flags.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@DarkLordIvy @Glaceon Mage How are you guys going to?  I'll be heading to Male Corrin, but that's mostly for feathers and not getting attached to this gauntlet, since I think the mechanics are dumb.

I’m off to Ninian next round. :P

(I’m hoping to lure Jaffar to me by supporting the Elibe characters)

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm a cat person.

So is she. 

@DefaultBeep Thank you! she is a good foof. Team Mitianna is here now for everyone who’s to salty to deal with the gauntlet anymore. The catch is you don’t win anything for siding with her and she expects a tribute of treats. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

1 minute ago, MiracleMuffin said:

M!Corrin? Probably not. Considering how Fae failed to overthrow Ninian I doubt it.

Fae almost pulled it off, unless it's a greater than 7.5:1 ratio, any upset is possible, and we just had half of them in the last round.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

just kill me tbh

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would, but Ninian would just keep reviving you. She doesn't like death you know. The merciless goddess wants to freeze everyone, preserving them for all eternity encased in ice. We must stop the Ice Queen's Madness.

Ninian and every character in Awakening have one thing in common in that nobody stays dead.

Young Tiki lost? ...To a Corrin? I think I just threw up a little. At least it was Male Corrin who is infinitely better than his female counterpart.

At least Adult Tiki won...but isn't she up against Female Corrin? Well, shit.

Hopefully Ninian will win the whole thing.

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

either M!Corrin or F!Corrin. What about you?

Not really sure right now, but probably to whatever team either you or Anime27Arts go to. Unless @Arcanite has another team they want to try convincing me to join?

4 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

Ninian severely lucked out.  Just several fewer votes going into the last hour and Fae would have kept the multiplier and won the match.

Well... Fae is out.... and the person who i was going to go to next, Sophia... is also out.... So i dont know who Id want to go to now. (ninian bullied Fae to much XP) so i think im done for this gauntlet at the moment?

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

If I had Ninan I would support her. I will jump on the ship of Adult Tiki. It would be nice if they let us use the alternative characters. Come on lets have a bikini battle!

Yeah this would help once I eventually join F!Corrin, rather than use her vanilla unit. My summer variant is a monster while the other isn’t even promoted.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Ninian and every character in Awakening have one thing in common in that nobody stays dead.

Except Philia. Call her Scarlet's Mother. She does have granny hair, but I wish she was playable. If Emmeryn came back, she deserved it too. And her death meant no Ylissean Triangle Attack. Without Philia, Sumia couldn't get the technique down and constantly tripped midway through, and Cordelia obsessed with mastering the technique had to hop dimensions to find people to do it with.

Spoiler
1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Yeah this would help once I eventually join F!Corrin, rather than use her vanilla unit. My summer variant is a monster while the other isn’t even promoted.

Is fem Corrin a viable unit with the right modifications or is she a lost cause?

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Fae almost pulled it off, unless it's a greater than 7.5:1 ratio, any upset is possible, and we just had half of them in the last round.

True, true. She was close. 

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Ninian severely lucked out.  Just several fewer votes going into the last hour and Fae would have kept the multiplier and won the match.

Probably, but her player base was small. I guess M!Corrin could have a better shot than Fae since a lot will be jumping ship for feathers.