Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hmm, I just hope we don't overshoot. I want Ninian to lose. 

Even if you don't overshoot, the score difference will be close enough that Ninian can win through sheer numbers alone.

Unless something really unexpected happens, there's a good chance Ninian has it in the bag.

This gauntlet has been crazy with all of the multipliers. So much chaos! But it's been great for my ranking, I'm currently 1,568 in Tiki's army this round (with just over 1 million points), and 779 overall (with just under 2 million points). I only have 10 more flags to spend this round, then I'm out.

Phew, close call, guys, the gauntlet would have almost been interesting without the favorite candidate. Dodged a bullet right there (mostly the internet criminal kind, who would have lost their shit, because their waifu lost). Back to feather gaining.

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Even if you don't overshoot, the score difference will be close enough that Ninian can win through sheer numbers alone.

Unless something really unexpected happens, there's a good chance Ninian has it in the bag.

I just want her to lose. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just want her to lose. 

Well if you want to see that, there's a 99.99% chance you'll have to wait for finals for that.

2 minutes ago, Christactics said:

Did FCorrin win? I can't check in right now.

what are the current standings?

FCorrin is in the lead, and ATiki currently has multiplier.

Looks like I'll have exactly enough Flags to have zero at the end of this round.  Corrin will probably overshoot, unless Corrin both underperforms and Ninian overperformed, but that looks very unlikely.

I was sort of hoping the crazy multipliers would cause an upset, so they would change the mechanics to something more sensible for future Gauntlets.  I don't think I could take this if I was really invested.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Well if you want to see that, there's a 99.99% chance you'll have to wait for finals for that.

FCorrin is in the lead, and ATiki currently has multiplier.

I don't care about the other bracket. I just want her to lose. My ideal scenario would be an upset in the semi-finals to enjoy the meltdown. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

I don't care about the other bracket. I just want her to lose. My ideal scenario would be an upset in the semi-finals to enjoy the meltdown. 

Did you not see that the second portion was a response to a different comment? Because that wasn't directed at you.

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Did you not see that the second portion was a response to a different comment? Because that wasn't directed at you.

Nope. Eyes failed me on that one. The point still stands, though. 

Yes! Take my flags, Male Corrin! Give me those delicious points! And please lose so I can join a different team!

Wouldn't an upset in the finals cause an even greater meltdown, especially if Female Corrin was the one that beat her?

1 minute ago, kcirrot said:

Well Corrin is down by 300 million, he needs to earn about 500-700 million to trigger a bonus.  But it's possible he won't overshoot.  I swear if he wins, the memes will be too much to handle.

If this becomes the second gauntlet in a row to have a popular FE7 character lose in an upset in the semi-finals...well, let's just say I'll probably check the results tomorrow morning on my computer rather than on my phone, to make sure I'm not tempted to throw it.

1 minute ago, Christactics said:

Wait, how do multipliers work? I don't really do Voting Gauntlets...

They don't, really.

Seriously, though, you have the flags being spent for both characters.  If the scores are very similar, then all flags count the same.  If one team pulls ahead too much (in this particular gauntlet, the threshold appears to be 1%), then the losing team gets a multiplier bonus applied to every flag.  The multiplier starts at 3.1 in the first hour, and increases by 0.1 every hour up to 7.5 in the final hour.

Just now, Zeo said:

If Corrin doesn't get enough points to give Ninian the multiplier then she's done. Hm, wonder what the last hour's gonna look like.

4 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

Well Corrin is down by 300 million, he needs to earn about 500-700 million to trigger a bonus.  But it's possible he won't overshoot.  I swear if he wins, the memes will be too much to handle.

The difference here is that the multiplier is only 1%. Even if Corrin doesn't give Ninian the bonus, the scores will be close enough where there is a high chance that Ninian can win through sheer numbers alone. Not a guarantee, but it's incredibly likely.

Besides, even people who don't pay attention to mechanics know that losing in the last hour = spam flags like crazy.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yes! Take my flags, Male Corrin! Give me those delicious points! And please lose so I can join a different team!

Wouldn't an upset in the finals cause an even greater meltdown, especially if Female Corrin was the one that beat her?

Nohrian scum!

No. I just want Ninian to lose in the semi-finals. F!Corrin winning wouldn't be a meltdown at all: it's expected due to her overwhelming popularity. Just like Ike VS Camilla. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I don't think the feather mercenaries care about winning. They're going to push Corrin to get another 1.4 billion increase in this hour, which will give Ninian the multiplier.

Also, why are there so many salty people on team Corrin? Don't tell me you actually expected to win when outnumbered 8 to 1.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

So what I infer, from reading between the lines in your last dozen or so posts, is that if you absolutely had to choose, a Ninian win wouldn't be your first preference.

Nonrian scum!

No. I just want Ninian to lose in the semi-finals. F!Corrin winning wouldn't be a meltdown at all: it's expected due to her overwhelming popularity. Just like Ike VS Camilla. 

Is F.Corrin that much more popular than Ninian?  Ninian's hourly average is over 200,000,000, which appears to be more than everyone else put together (pre-multipliers).