Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

I'm probably weird but I don't like having too many feathers. 

@Anime27ArtsI still find it hard to believe people would really be low on feathers considering how easy it is to get them now. Bragging about rank in a gacha game? Sorry but I'll never understand that train of thought. 

@SageOfAnys Being too ambitious can be a problem. 

I'm not necessarily "low" on feathers.  Approximately 9,000 isn't too bad but it's not enough for a 5*.  I like filling up the catalogue and getting as many 5* units so of course I'm going to snag every feather I can get.  With the ranking, I simply find it neat and a bit sad to see how much I've played compared to others.  To me it's more of an accomplishment rather than simply bragging, but I can understand that others don't see it that way.  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I don't think the way I play is  "problem"

It's just the way I play.

And I like having lots of different 5*. How is there a problem with that?

I never said that there was a problem with the way that you play. I meant the ambition itself. It's probably because I like to rationalize my resources; not too much and not too little. 

Either extreme just stresses me out. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Feathers are practically given like candy lately.  I still don't understand how people keep having problems with feathers aside poor feather management or training too many units. 

Apparently plenty of players are believers of the "greed is good" mantra. Wario would be proud.

Though seriously, I don't see the problem with people going full-on mercenary in these gauntlets if they don't give a shit about the actual results of them. Some are here for pageantry if there ever was any to begin with, some are here for profit. 

8 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Yes, fate just wasn't on our side. But it was a rather crazy and interesting match--plus, I got a ton of points from the endless multiplier yo-yo!

We've made them finally fear the prospect of losing. It may be through a faulty mechanic but nonetheless I believe we can give ourselves a pat on the back.

I'll be joining Team Skill Mom after this.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

I'm probably weird but I don't like having too many feathers. 

I still find it hard to believe people would really be low on feathers considering how easy it is to get them now. Bragging about rank in a gacha game? Sorry but I'll never understand that train of thought. 

Being too ambitious can be a problem. 

Neither do I. That's why I spend them as soon as I get to 20,000-22,000 ;)

I'm not entirely sure why wanting to achieve personal goals is a "problem". Building up units we like is its own reward, and I'd say its much more satisfying than pulling a great unit by random chance. I'd rather get something out of dedication and effort than just stick with whatever is cheapest and easiest. More feathers just means completing those goals even faster.

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

I never said that there was a problem with the way that you play. I means the ambition itself. It's probably because I like to rationalize my resources; not too much and not too little. 

Either extreme stresses me out. 

Well it doesn't for me.

So why are you saying it's a problem.

It's a problem for you.

But not for me.

So stop trying to force your mindset on others. It's frankly annoying and I'm already frustrated by your negativity on this thread.

Seriously.

I'll take a few shots, correction, a few pints of vodka right now. Things are going to be getting really cold for the next couple days, the nonexistent flavor will be at a pinnacle never reached before or will be since.

Where is my fur coat to stay warm? I don't want to be warm, let the blood flow away from my vital core to the needless limbs. Despair does that to you. Rather be glum than a raging fire. Better prepare my funeral pyyyyyyyrrrrrrree! 

*Cause of death- melancholy induced by predictions of a Ninian victory. Unable to hate her in full nor deny she has good reasons for popularity, but unwilling to forsake their critique of her in FE7's plot (which isn't really relevant here at all- few chose her based on this there is reason to believe), they surrendered to her victory, and became apathetic towards life thereafter.*

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

We've made them finally fear the prospect of losing. It may be through a faulty mechanic but nonetheless I believe we can give ourselves a pat on the back.

I'll be joining Team Skill Mom after this.

Haha, yeah, I'll be going that way too. With all of the feathers Tiki earned, I decided to give her another merge. I'll probably be putting her out in front for Team Corrin to use, wearing the newly minted Distant Def 3 seal!

I'm currently at rank 582 for Corrin's team and 1472 overall.

It looks like Ninian got more points in the first hour than everyone else put together.  I'm still thinking about going with her, but the likely near constant multipliers of the other side are appealing.

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Well it doesn't for me.

So why are you saying it's a problem.

It's a problem for you.

But not for me.

So stop trying to force your mindset on others. It's frankly annoying and I'm already frustrated by your negativity on this thread.

Seriously.

Hah...I was never forcing any mindsets in the beginning; just stating my opinion on matters even if it feels wrong to others. You are free to disagree. 

I'm a negative person by default so I guess that bit leaks into posts sometimes. 

@DefaultBeep I guess the gauntlet's results are getting the better of me. Making me more bitter than usual. It's the same negativity I felt during the healer gauntlet. As for resources, I stopped my Eliwood project to see now Arvis turns out. 

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm currently at rank 582 for Corrin's team and 1472 overall.

It looks like Ninian got more points in the first hour than everyone else put together.  I'm still thinking about going with her, but the likely near constant multipliers of the other side are appealing.

Nooo! Come to Ninian! (Let me use your Bridelia and/or Titania again :p)

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t even care how he turns out, I’m promoting him no matter what. It’s Arvis, for crying out loud.

I'm not easily swayed. If I like what I see, sure. 

Heh, M!Corrin was the rando ally for my last fight of this round. Not sure if I should find that funny or sad.

10 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Haha, yeah, I'll be going that way too. With all of the feathers Tiki earned, I decided to give her another merge. I'll probably be putting her out in front for Team Corrin to use, wearing the newly minted Distant Def 3 seal!

Ah, good choice! Hopefully my Ryoma will drop by and give you a hand every now and then.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Give in to your greed. You know you want to. Though really, I'd put whatever hero you want up front if you go F!Corrin's way.

@Lord-Zero

I don't care about ranking high for the sake of the rank. I care about ranking high because I want to maximize my feather gain.

And yes I'm low on feathers because I actually use them instead of sitting on them. I constantly have characters that I want to upgrade to 5*, either to keep them, merge them or use them as skill fodder. Feathers are easy to earn, but they're spent easily  as well, considering just one 5* upgrade cost 20k of them.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much feathers, so I'll take them over my character winning in some silly voting competition, especially since winning gives me no reward aside from the victory feathers, which is not much of a reward since the lack of multipliers on the winning side often results in lower rankings. I stopped caring about the popularity contest side long ago. Now I just see gauntlets as a way to gain feathers and thus play to gain the highest amount possible.

It also has the upside of guaranteeing I feel no salt no matter what happens to my favorite character. A!Tiki would have been my pick, but I have no ill feelings about her losing to F!Corrin since I never got invested in the popularity contest aspect. Probably will join F!Corrin next round if she's the one lagging behind Ninian. The only thing I'm bitter about right now is that I held on too long to my flags and tanked my score a bit. At least I have a surplus going in the next round to help patch it up a bit.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

So as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much feathers, so I'll take them over my character winning in some silly voting competition, especially since winning gives me no reward aside from the victory feathers

You've made me regret joining team Ninian now...

Voting gauntlets are so badly designed, I was kind of hoping the Brave Heroes one would have been the last. Honestly I think I'll just take up what a lot of you are doing since it seems 'punishing' to even support the characters you want to support, if they're the most popular candidate. 

8 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

All things being equal, I would have gone to Ninian, but I'm too worried about getting my heart broken again.  I'd rather be on the underdog team and lose than be on the team with an overwhelming majority and lose due to a last minute multiplier, which has almost happened twice in a row now.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

So as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much feathers, so I'll take them over my character winning in some silly voting competition, especially since winning gives me no reward aside from the victory feathers

Voting gauntlets are so badly designed, I was kind of hoping the Brave Heroes one would have been the last. Honestly I think I'll just take up what a lot of you are doing since it seems 'punishing' to even support the characters you want to support, if they're the most popular candidate. 

8 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

All things being equal, I would have gone to Ninian, but I'm too worried about getting my heart broken again.  I'd rather be on the underdog team and lose than be on the team with an overwhelming majority and lose due to a last minute multiplier, which has almost happened twice in a row now.

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

Well it probably wasn't as bad for the F!Corrin supporters since the Multiplier went back and forth  for them, but yeah, in Ninian's case, she barely had any, so your score will suffer greatly if you missed out on them.

And Gauntlets are indeed badly designed if their goal is to be popularity contest

And my final score was 931,429 this round and 1,930,680 total with a rank of 4,920 in Corrin's army and 2,350 cumulative. I wonder how much do you need to get in the top 1k...

Oh, btw for those on team F!Corrin. Who would you prefer, Bike or Brave Lyn? Might as well help with the green/colorless quests.

Edited by Alexmender

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Heh, M!Corrin was the rando ally for my last fight of this round. Not sure if I should find that funny or sad.

Ah, good choice! Hopefully my Ryoma will drop by and give you a hand every now and then.

Adult Tiki was my last rando ally for the last fight of this round.

And thanks! We shall join forces once more! I look forward to making good use of his blade, and hopefully my Tiki will have the chance to aid you in your battles!