Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Holy fuck Ninian won?

We must have gone full plus ultra on that final hour! I need to see those final hour gains now.

I honestly can't believe Ninian barely escaped multiplier upsets in all 3 rounds. Well played.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

I've been quiet about this because I don't want Ice Dragon or someone else to come after me, but I have been secretly rooting for our silly dragon even while being on the other team.

You are dead to me now.

26 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

The multipliers are doing exactly what they were intended to do so I don't get the big fuss. Didn't you guys want closer matches?

Who are you to know exactly what the developers intended the multipliers to do?

What the multipliers should be doing is making the less popular contestant a more attractive choice for players who are indifferent to the gauntlet's results, and the first iteration of the multiplier was the best one they've had so far.

The problem with the current iteration of the multiplier is that a person's individual effort for the first 40 hours of the round mean absolutely nothing to the final outcome because the outcome is decided by the last few hours. The difference in score is never going to be close enough to result in another Gaius v. Frederick, and the difference in score is never going to be high enough that the winner is decided before the last 5 to 10 hours.

What the current decreased threshold fixes is the fact that multipliers were too few and far in between, meaning it was sheer dumb luck to get a multiplier to happen while you are able to play the game (unless you have a very open real-life schedule). However, that could also have been fixed by making the threshold smaller (but not this small) and reverting the multiplier back to a fixed 3×.

This game mode now only barely serves its purpose as a game mode (it's still a source of feathers and a means of playing with your friends' units), but no longer serves any purpose as a popularity contest. It's also a non-constructive anger-inducing mode that makes a lot of the fanbase unhappy for all sorts of reasons, which is a dumb design decision. You don't want to make your consumers unhappy for no good reason.

I think the majority of players would be entirely content seeing an obvious winner win, knowing that they backed their own favorites to the fullest.

Ironically, Ninian scored UNDER the prediction. So did FCorrin.

Did FCorrin underperform last multiplier or something?

Also turns out I only made 7,800 feathers this gauntlet... still better than the healer gauntlet. >.>

Edited by SageOfAnys

Just now, Korath88 said:

Holy fuck Ninian won?

We must have gone full plus ultra on that final hour! I need to see those final hour gains now.

I honestly can't believe Ninian barely escaped multiplier upsets in all 3 rounds. Well played.

Durandal couldn't slay her, and neither could the Multiplier!

OMG.......... I ended up ranked 567 in Ninian's army and in the top 30k overall. Not bad at all. :3 Wow...it feels really good to have a GBA character win this thing. And it's really nice to see just how much support she got. Wow again.

Damn, 6,250th in the army and 1,071th total. Just missed 2 thresholds even though I hit all the biggest multipliers this round. Oh well, I guess I still got a pretty good haul.

Too bad Ninian still won despite the comeback. So this makes Camilla vs Lyn still the only big example of a multipier upset.

So my final rank for the round was 1450, which nets me 3100 feathers and my total rank for the gauntlet was 1048, slightly short of the 1k mark, but it still nets me 2600 feathers. Which brings my total feather earnings for this gauntlet to 9100. Probably could have gotten a better score if I hadn't screwed up in the second round, but I'm still happy with the final result.

Oh and Ninian won, unsurprisingly. 

Great, now I feel like crap. 

Jugdral banner and Arvis can't come soon enough to attempt to take away some of the extra bitterness. 

Oh well, the free Halloween Elizabeth from FGO will make up for it.

Edited by Lord-Zero

Hah, I'm pleased. I was sure Ninian would lose, but we made it. I spent my last 100 flags this last hour despite the lack of bonus, and I guess many others did the same.

500 extra feathers :D

Edited by Nobody

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Looks like I'll have 881,122 points for this round with F!Corrin, and 2,867,014 cumulative. Looks good for ranking & feathers! I'm hoping that's sufficient to make the 1k-5k overall.

So, did anyone on Team Corrin get my Adult Tiki? I mostly got @LordFrigid's Caeda who was a lot of fun, along with @Lord-Zero's Eliwood, and a +6 Amelia from someone with the screen name of Grimoire (my apologies for not remembering who that is!).

I got your A!TIki the most now that I think about it. Sadly I was using a lvl.1 F!Corrin so I didn't use her at her full potential.

In the end I got a ranking of 9,396 on F!Corrin army and 2,978 cumulative. I'm 1.5k feathers short of a 5* promotion but Arena is going to take care of that.

Just now, Alexmender said:

I got your A!TIki the most now that I think about it. Sadly I was using a lvl.1 F!Corrin so I didn't use her at her full potential.

In the end I got a ranking of 9,396 on F!Corrin army and 2,978 cumulative. I'm 1.5k feathers short of a 5* promotion but Arena is going to take care of that.

Oh good, at least someone got her! And at least she surely roflstomped all of your opponents!

So, I can say for certain now that I know Ninian has won:

I am not in the least way convinced someone on the dev side didn't modify the scores to let Ninian win.

By all means, Corrin had the upper hand coming into the last hour.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Too bad Ninian still won despite the comeback. So this makes Camilla vs Lyn still the only big example of a multipier upset.

Lyn pulled a Black Knight and was going easy on Ike, letting him get an easy win against Camilla instead.

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Oh and Ninian won, unsurprisingly. 

Actually, it was very much a surprise. The first 44 hours of this round meant absolutely nothing. The only thing that mattered was if Team Ninian could beat Team Corrin on the last hour, which was entirely up in the air based on trends from previous performance.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, I can say for certain now that I know Ninian has won:

I am not in the least way convinced someone on the dev side didn't modify the scores to let Ninian win.

By all means, Corrin had the upper hand coming into the last hour.

Lyn pulled a Black Knight and was going easy on Ike, letting him get an easy win against Camilla instead.

Actually, it was very much a surprise. The first 44 hours of this round meant absolutely nothing. The only thing that mattered was if Team Ninian could beat Team Corrin on the last hour, which was entirely up in the air based on trends from previous performance.

Yeah, REALLY hoping they fix this multiplier nonsense before the next gauntlet.