Hardest boss in the series?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Dheginsea. Even on easy mode (with +5s for every stat), fighting him without Laguz royals was still painful, especially when using someone without Nihil.

Exactly what I thought when I saw this thread. :o

And he wasn't the cheap kind of hard either, unlike

Ashera

Ashera

. Those things around her are a pain to deal with

Specially without royals

Anyways vote goes to Dheginsea very hard to beat, has lot's of defense.

But this playthrough i got something special for him. :rolleyes:

Edited by Richter Abend

Even then, he's got 25 Defense and 15 Res. Unless you have 5 units attacking him at once, he'll probably put up a fight.

Of course he'll put up a fight having Maxed STR and a tomahawk. His hit rate is low and his avoid isn't too high so he really shouldn't be much of a problem.

Sacae Nomads on the other hand, I saw one with 80+ avoid and then there's Chapter 19 Gel in hard mode with avoid greater than that and being a swordmaster. Gel would definitely be the toughest boss if he had Rune Sword or just any other sword besides light brand.

Edited by Boo

Of course he'll put up a fight having Maxed STR and a tomahawk. His hit rate is low and his avoid isn't too high so he really shouldn't be much of a problem.

Sacae Nomads on the other hand, I saw one with 90+ avoid and then there's Chapter 19 Gel in hard mode with avoid greater than that and being a swordmaster. Gel would definitely be the toughest boss if he had Rune Sword or just any other sword besides light brand.

Unless you have a Swordmaster with high HP, or have Dieck/Oujay kill him alone, his hit rate isn't that big of a deal. You'll probably have a lot of units using Lances, anway.

Give Dieck an Armorslayer. It worked wonders early game, what's to stop it from working wonders late game? And besides, its not like only one of your units can attack him while the rest sit around and twiddeling their thumbs.

Edited by General Spoon

Is this comment on Gel or Murdock?

Mudroch. I assume that Gel has a great hit rate because he's a Nomadic Trooper.

@General Spoon: My point being that it will probably take quite a few units helping Dieck with an Armorslayer to kill Mudroch.

Mudroch. I assume that Gel has a great hit rate because he's a Nomadic Trooper.

@General Spoon: My point being that it will probably take quite a few units helping Dieck with an Armorslayer to kill Mudroch.

Ah murdock. Gel's a Swordmaster, here's how badass he can be in HM:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9201/03...ealedswobw3.png

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7731/03...ealedswovi4.png

That Light brand he's holding is his weakness... If you hack the game and gave him a Runesword or High crit weapon, you're gonna have a rough time. Also note the fact that unless you've got Bolting or Longbow, there are Only 2 spaces where you can attack him, 1 directly and 1 indirectly. He's on a Gate so he gets +3 DEF.

As for killing murdock, yes he can take more than 1 turn to kill but that's certainly not making him difficult.

Edited by Boo

Jeez. He is pretty tough. Runesword is lolpathetic, though. Tomahawk, however, is lol-*dead*. He'll OHKO any of your units. Doubt that Gel could.

I forgot that the only swordmasters in this game are Sacaen. I assumed he was a Nomadic Trooper. My mistake.

Jeez. He is pretty tough. Runesword is lolpathetic, though. Tomahawk, however, is lol-*dead*. He'll OHKO any of your units. Doubt that Gel could.

I forgot that the only swordmasters in this game are Sacaen. I assumed he was a Nomadic Trooper. My mistake.

Trust me, it wouldn't be on Gel. With Runesword, Gel's only losing 10 Hit and 2 SPD. What does he gain? He heals when he hits, he gets weapon triangle advantage towards anima (which is why Light brand is his weakness, light brand is weak to anima), his indirect damage won't be 10 per attack AND he would be able to critical (Light brand indirect can't critical). A runesword would make him tougher for anima mages to kill him and they're normally the better way to deal with him.

Mudroch. >_< His insane Defense/Res stats and Tomohawk didn't exactly make him a pushover.

Rutger one-rounds him pretty easily iirc.

EDIT: No, he has only about a 30% chance of one-rounding, but he kills in two rounds easily enough (Lalum/Elphin or player phase+enemy phase gets the job done) and doesn't get hit by his lolTomahawk. Note to Murdock: Use a weapon with existent hit if you don't want to fail.

Edited by Reikken

I can only comment on the NA releases of the game else I think I might agree with some of what you guys were saying.

At first, I thought

Dheginsea and Ashera

were difficult but after the first time I beat the game, I totally destroyed them on my next playthrough. Having a leveled up Laguz helps quite a bit (Muarim <3) but honestly, they aren't that rough if you've focused on the 10 guys you want to bring from the get-go.

I was also using Boyd, Rolf and Oscar, who get my vote for best units to use in tandem. Rolf + guaranteed Crit + double bow + 3 range = dead boss. I took down 93 of

Ashera's

HP in a single attack after dealing with the auras, then hit her with some random other unit, then finished it with Ike. Took like 5 turns to beat the map, if that.

I can't really remember the GBA titles too well because I recall bosses that were hard but none specifically. So I'll just go with this:

While he's not that hard simply because you've got Elincia, I find Ludveck to be a pain in the ass. Moving bosses are annoying, especially when you're trying to steal the Dracoshield from his general buddy to his left. If it wasn't for the fact Elincia can whittle off 40 of his HP in a single attack, he'd be pretty hard to bring down. Most of your best units at that point all use lances so he hurts them a lot, and he's using a Short Axe so he does quite a bit of damage, AND he's got pretty high skill so he doesn't miss a whole lot. There's always a ton of units around him so unless you can kill him in a round, someone is likely to die. You don't have to fight him at all, though, I guess, simply because it's a timed map. I just can't sit back and not try to steal the dracoshield, though.