Rate my next playthrough!

Edward + Vague Katti

Nolan + Hax Axe (custom, obviously silver with everything maxed)

Leonardo + Double Bow

Meg + Alondite

Tauroneo + Wishblade

Jill + Urvan

Zihark + Kitty Katti (custom)

Pelleas + Balberith

Volug

Ilyana + T-Rexbolt

Fire away.

DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIONA, MEG, LAURA OR ARAN.

Tauroneo's armor is very nice and easy on the eyes.

Edited by Destiny Hero

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aran is a great unit. And I'm sure Laura and Tormod don't "blow", even if they aren't great.

I can't stand Aran. Sure, he has great attack and defense, but where's his Skill, Speed, and crap like that? In the dump.

Laura is the most underleveled character in the game and sucks anyway.

Tormod has crappy growths and is weak.

Aran and Laura are also ugly X_X

Laura is actually very good until endgame, and Aran is a great tank.

For my DB run, I used everyone that was available in 3-6.

Never in my Fire Emblem life has Laura been useful. Hell, most of the time I won't even use her at all. Her only job is healing, and she can't even do that well.

I once gave Haar a custom axe with that name. Good show.

Good luck. May Chuck Norris guide your path.

^_^

In school, I come up with those silly names.

But I'm all out of them since nothing good rhymes with Lance or Sword.

Oh, and Bastian is epic with his words in facial hair.

Edited by Destiny Hero

Laura are also ugly X_X

Oh no you didn't! Good suh, you perhaps just insulted the cutest character in this particular game. She's like a cute litte kitten, with them big 'ol eyes!

Anyway, advice with Tormod not blowing is going crazy with bonus experience, otherwise, he's the only character in your "blow list" that is actually bad. (well, Laguz vary, Kyza and Lyre are pretty bad, also Gareth, the rest are nice)

Edited by Fawful

Edward + ?

Nolan + Hax Axe (custom, obviously silver with everything maxed)

Leonardo + Double Bow

Meg + ?

Tauroneo + Wishblade

Jill + Urvan

Zihark + ?

Peleas + Balberith

???

???

I can't choose Fiona because I already have enough characters to level at once. I might choose Ilyana, though I hate her. I also don't want the last spot to be Tormod, a Laguz, Laura or Aran, since they all blow.

Fire away. No sword users have their weapons set because there are WAY too many swordies going around.

Why would you max weight on a weapon?

I can't stand Aran. Sure, he has great attack and defense, but where's his Skill, Speed, and crap like that? In the dump.

You're worried about skill when this guy has a freaking 75% growth on it and his base is 12??? ... moving on. To get his speed up, just use BEXP properly since he can easily max his stats if you do it right.

Edited by Boo

No he is actually quite good. His speed is pretty poor but he still makes a awesome unit. He usually caps strenght, skill and defense and would make a awesome unit to fight off multiple units with his maxed out defense.

Don't worry about his speed. As he progresses through the game his speed is pretty good. As a Lancer he has good overall stats so he is useful unit.

It won't hurt to try him and level him up ^_^

Edited by Kyuubi Nao

BEXP fixes any problems Aran might have Speed-wise.

Yeah that is what I do and he manages to cap speed.

I usually give him speed wings as well since he will need it for further chapters in the game, especially that chapter when fighting all the laguz on the dark.

Laura is you're only healer for a while in part 1, can easily shoot up in levels better than anyone with Paragon, and is even a pretty good fighter once promoted. No way she sucks.

Laura is awesome ;)

She has very high speed which is odd for a Priest/Bishop. She is very useful in Miaciah's chapters. I always manage to cap all of her stats, except defense. But her defense if pretty high too.

Oh no you didn't! Good suh, you perhaps just insulted the cutest character in this particular game. She's like a cute litte kitten, with them big 'ol eyes!

Anyway, advice with Tormod not blowing is going crazy with bonus experience, otherwise, he's the only character in your "blow list" that is actually bad. (well, Laguz vary, Kyza and Lyre are pretty bad, also Gareth, the rest are nice)

Laura's REALLY ugly. She's not a kitten. She's an amish anorexic little girl with hideous hair that goes all around her head like a protective membrane.

/own

Why would you max weight on a weapon?

Obviously not that >_>

You're worried about skill when this guy has a freaking 75% growth on it and his base is 12??? ... moving on. To get his speed up, just use BEXP properly since he can easily max his stats if you do it right.

I don't want to waste BEXP on Aran. Keep in mind that I havee Edward, Meg, Leonardo, Jill, etc. to level up >_>

No he is actually quite good. His speed is pretty poor but he still makes a awesome unit. He usually caps strenght, skill and defense and would make a awesome unit to fight off multiple units with his maxed out defense.

Don't worry about his speed. As he progresses through the game his speed is pretty good. As a Lancer he has good overall stats so he is useful unit.

It won't hurt to try him and level him up ^_^

I tried him before, he's always ending up crap. Plus, he's too much effort without a huge reward. And walls really aren't that useful, anyway. Unless you play on Hard, there's no use for one.

BEXP fixes any problems Aran might have Speed-wise.

Please forget the fact that I'm using the Dawn Brigade. It's not like they need massive BEXP or anything.

Laura is you're only healer for a while in part 1, can easily shoot up in levels better than anyone with Paragon, and is even a pretty good fighter once promoted. No way she sucks.

She sucks. Any enemy in the game (besides mages, who don't kill anything with staves) will kill her in one round.

I don't want to waste BEXP on Aran. Keep in mind that I havee Edward, Meg, Leonardo, Jill, etc. to level up >_>

Besides maybe Jill, those characters you mentioned are worse than Aran... you're better off "wasting" BEXP on Aran than wasting your time with Meg and Edward. Also, if you really need much BEXP just to raise those other characters, then that's quite sad.

She sucks. Any enemy in the game (besides mages, who don't kill anything with staves) will kill her in one round.

If she often dies, then it just means you suck.

Edited by Boo

Aran is one of the best candidates for BEXP on account of the fact he has 3 stats that are capping fairly quickly and others don't need it as much because they have more even spreads on growths. This also means they can't use it as well as him.

I laugh at the fact you're letting her be attacked by anyone but a non-moving mage when she's not a fighting unit until promotion.

Laura's REALLY ugly. She's not a kitten. She's an amish anorexic little girl with hideous hair that goes all around her head like a protective membrane.

:blink:

Dude Laura is HOT!

How on Earth is she ugly!

Besides maybe Jill, those characters you mentioned are worse than Aran... you're better off "wasting" BEXP on Aran than wasting your time with Meg and Edward. Also, if you really need much BEXP just to raise those other characters, then that's quite sad.

If she often dies, then it just means you suck.

Meg is actually extremely good. Like Fiona, if you just get her on par with everyone else, she's crazy awesome. Especially Fiona.

And my Lauras don't die often, but as far as I know, she's has the worst stats in the game, and dies easier than anyone else.

Aran is one of the best candidates for BEXP on account of the fact he has 3 stats that are capping fairly quickly and others don't need it as much because they have more even spreads on growths. This also means they can't use it as well as him.

I laugh at the fact you're letting her be attacked by anyone but a non-moving mage when she's not a fighting unit until promotion.

>_>

Yes, how did you know? I always send Laura right in the middle of everyone. When I say she dies easily, that means that I could only know that by sending her out as an attacking unit. Genious.

:blink:

Dude Laura is HOT!

How on Earth is she ugly!

I don't understand some people. Especially people or think Oliver is hot.

Meg is actually extremely good. Like Fiona, if you just get her on par with everyone else, she's crazy awesome. Especially Fiona.

And my Lauras don't die often, but as far as I know, she's has the worst stats in the game, and dies easier than anyone else.

Meg is subpar at best. Fiona has the worst joining conditions in the history of Fire Emblem, even if she can turn out awesome.

Worst stats? Cap-wise, almost. Growth wise, hell no. 70 across the board in Magic, Skill, and Speed is great with a 380% growth total. At second tier, she's capping those fast, making BEXP abuse awesome for her. She's bad at endgame, but that's all. Plus, with a run like this that you're doing, you'll need all the extra staff help you can get for part 3.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Meg is subpar at best. Fiona has the worst joining conditions in the history of Fire Emblem, even if she can turn out awesome.

Worst stats? Cap-wise, almost. Growth wise, hell no. 70 across the board in Magic, Skill, and Speed is great with a 380% growth total. At second tier, she's capping those fast, making BEXP abuse awesome for her. She's bad at endgame, but that's all. Plus, with a run like this that you're doing, you'll need all the extra staff help you can get for part 3.

>_>

If you baby Fiona for two levels or so, she's awesome. Have you ever tried her? Fiona's defenses shoot right up, and she has over 130 Avoid. Fiona's horrid joining conditions are to make up for how good she is when she's even with everyone.

Same thing with Meg. Her speed and resistance are awesome, and a little BEXP makes her very good. Plus, she uses everything in the weapon triangle. Also, she and Aran are the only walls for Part One that can be in the third part to block laguz. Although, Jill can be a decent wall if you dump a Seraph Robe and promotion on her.

I don't understand some people. Especially people or think Oliver is hot.

1)Fiona is a pain to level up...she is good but there are other Paladins you can use. Honestly you might as well use Laura, she comes early in the game and it's not difficult to level her up. Plus Laura has good overall stats...well except defense, but that is not an issue since she has good speed. Plus for Fiona you have to forge a lance for her <_<

2) No Oliver is ugly. Laura is hot!

That bolded text there just killed any and all compliments you may give to Meg and Fiona. Why the hell would I wanna waste time "getting her on par with every1 else" when you just implied that every1 else is already better than them?

As for Laura, she's stuck to a class with low caps so she's getting her offensive stats (MAG, SKL, SPD) capped quickly, allowing proper BEXP use to help with her defensive stats. She's no great unit like Nolan but she's definitely not a waste of time like Fiona and Meg. Btw, Laura is a PRIEST, you know, healers who have resistance and not DEF? OF COURSE SHE'S GONNA DIE EASILY AGAINST PHYSICAL ENEMIES. That's like saying FE6 Clarine is a terrible unit because her defense and HP are often really low when she's in fact one of the best >_>