What was the biggest disappointment for you?

Wolf

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of support conversations is the main one.

I feel the same way, but they probably could not hold the data on to the game. I'm still mad that I barely know anything about many characters. The Dawn Brigade is a big one, you never really learn anything about many of them. This game only tells who they are, what bugs me is that it doesn't really give a great background on them.

Support conversations, lack of character availability for characters outside the Greil Mercenaries, lack of character development, the fact that I don't really care about any of the "important" characters. Otherwise, it was pretty good. It improved on Path of Radiance's gameplay in every area and its my fav Fire Emblem because the gameplay rocks.

Plus the "villians" in this game. The senators were horrible and I can't kill them enough times for all the shit they did. They're not even good fighters and are easily one rounded by most characters.

Edited by VincentASM

no fixed mode

No support conversations is one thing, since each one takes a lot of work, and now everyone can support anyone else, but no fixed mode? wtf why? It's the most simple thing ever. There is absolutely no reason not to have it.

Edited by Reikken

Support conversations, lack of character availability for characters outside the Greil Mercenaries, lack of character development, the fact that I don't really care about any of the "important" characters. Otherwise, it was pretty good. It improved on Path of Radiance's gameplay in every area and its my fav Fire Emblem because the gameplay rocks.

I think Nolan would of been a pretty cool character if the people took time to develop his character. The reason being is that he is the leader, it is weird that a leader isn't considered important in this game. But Tormod isn't really important either so I could be wrong.

Plus the "villians" in this game. The senators were horrible and I can't kill them enough times for all the shit they did. They're not even good fighters and are easily one rounded by most characters.

Try a harder difficulty, it was made like this for a reason. People play harder difficulty's to get more of a challenge out of a game, they will probably be funner if you tried hard mode.

What about Bonus Maps? I loved the PoR Bonus Maps. I wish I had the chance to roll my 20/20/20 units versus some non-dragon/non-elemental enemies.

Supports irked me too. I think that's the general consensus. All of the GM guys I think were okay without developing them, since most of them were developed in the last game, even though some of them have clearly changed over time (Jill, for example).

Woulda loved to have seen some actual DB supports. Especially Aran/Laura and Nolan/Fiona.

Supports should be held completely against the developers, all things considered. We're talking 2-7 supports per character in a game with a cast of 60+. Admittedly, after FE9's slightly disappointing support numbers, FE10 with it's 60 characters would have probably had about as many supports total as 7.

But then again, since most characters don't actually have a lot of chapters in the game, the issue is understandable. In other words, they'd be fairly limited.

I missed Largo too, but the cast was large and honestly, they probably should have slimmed the cast a bit more. Yeah, it was really stupid to only cut Largo, but I would have cut 20 characters.

As for my own gripes.

Among other things, while Michaiah's chapters don't need to be any harder in part 3, Tormod's group should have been on Ike's side during part 3.

And there should have been some compensation for not being in chapters. Like, a 4 stat level up for every 4 chapters you can't use a character after their appearance or something similar.

Otherwise, there probably could have been a few more chapters for Mich's team in part 1 and 3. Maybe another chapter or two in part two. Overall adding something like 6 chapters for 50 total.

And I've felt that the way they try to shove Soren down your throat is even worse in FE10, though it was annoying in FE9.

Supports should be held completely against the developers, all things considered. We're talking 2-7 supports per character in a game with a cast of 60+. Admittedly, after FE9's slightly disappointing support numbers, FE10 with it's 60 characters would have probably had about as many supports total as 7.

But then again, since most characters don't actually have a lot of chapters in the game, the issue is understandable. In other words, they'd be fairly limited.

I missed Largo too, but the cast was large and honestly, they probably should have slimmed the cast a bit more. Yeah, it was really stupid to only cut Largo, but I would have cut 20 characters.

As for my own gripes.

Among other things, while Michaiah's chapters don't need to be any harder in part 3, Tormod's group should have been on Ike's side during part 3.

And there should have been some compensation for not being in chapters. Like, a 4 stat level up for every 4 chapters you can't use a character after their appearance or something similar.

Otherwise, there probably could have been a few more chapters for Mich's team in part 1 and 3. Maybe another chapter or two in part two. Overall adding something like 6 chapters for 50 total.

And I've felt that the way they try to shove Soren down your throat is even worse in FE10, though it was annoying in FE9.

This

Also some of the character's base levels and stats were really unbalanced compared to the rest of the team (Meg, Fiona, Astrid & Lyre were much lower and Ike was too high for his level). Plus the fact that about half the characters (or more) need BEXP abuse to even be usable in part 4 & endgame and you can tell that IS didn't plan this out very well. Also, the laguz transformation guage. It lowers way too fast and you have to use olivi grass every 2-3 turns (especially for cats). So you can't have them swarmed by enemies so they can level up their strike. Plus they don't gain experience for killing enemies, making them even harder to level up.

Lack of supports (lol), dumbed down script, the arranged PoR music was mostly bleh in comparison to the originals, and no Largo and most mugs look lazily/hastily drawn to me...

This is also minor, but it would've been cool to see a new dragon knight, since almost every class got at least one new character to it.

Lack of supports and Trial maps are what irked me the most.No Largo was kinda random,but Nolan and Boyd both do so well,he probably wouldn't be used much anyway.I also disliked that so many characters were unbalanced...other than that,i'm fine with it

My biggest disapointment was the transfer glitch. You see, I had finished an awesome easy PT just the night before where I had good supports and had 17 characters ready to gain bonuses. I made a new file only to head BZZZZZSZZZT!!!

My biggest disapointment was the transfer glitch. You see, I had finished an awesome easy PT just the night before where I had good supports and had 17 characters ready to gain bonuses. I made a new file only to head BZZZZZSZZZT!!!

Nintendo fixed that already. If you still have the old version you can mail it in for the new version, the new version allows easy mode transfers.

my biggest disappointment was Micaiah.

she was a good unit and all she always shines during my playthroughs but for some reason i tend to prefer Sanaki over her.

this is character-wise not unit-wise, BTW.

:mellow: