Sooo I accidentally saw my teachers phone’s homescreen.

IEatLasers

It’s complicated in that sense because like if people knew how my mind jumps sometimes, they would think I do want that stuff even though I swear I don’t. 

Oh the crazy thing?? I was also in second grade when that happened. Ain’t like I knew what I was talking about anyway 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the confusing age of 17. I am surprised I even clicked on this topic. Thanks to it, I have a new found respect for the people here.

I can't give you much advice. But I agree with a lot of what Rezzy says. Though I am a male from a very different and more conservative culture (I lost my virginity at the age of 28), I agree that many people just want to get in to your pants and leave (guys and girls included). Take things slow. Looking at the person's circle of influence is a good way to prevent future heartaches. People like to hang out around similar people (the ones who detest the idea of drugs won't hang out with the ones that uses them). Loners are like a jack in a box. They are very interesting people and will surprise you (good and bad).

As Rezzy says, if you go to post secondary, it is much much easier to find people to fit in.

3 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Y'know, where I grew up in Homeschoolerville, saying anything that could be considered vulgar or profane would get you disowned. 

My mom would beat me first

then disown me

Just now, Arcanite said:

My mom would beat me first

then disown me

@SullyMcGully My dad punished me because once I said "asphalt", and my sister tattled on me and said I said "asshole".  It's not my fault I was so precocious and knew what that word meant when I was 10.

Y'know, where I grew up in Homeschoolerville, saying anything that could be considered vulgar or profane would get you disowned. 

Same here, having a father that is a teacher is an interesting experience, but in the end, he  just wants me to be on the right track.

Just now, Rezzy said:

@SullyMcGully My dad punished me because once I said "asphalt", and my sister tattled on me and said I said "asshole".  It's not my fault I was so precocious and knew what that word meant when I was 10.

I think my mom would still be rather unhappy or agitated if I said Asphalt in her presence

I have never said any type of profanity in the presence of my mom, or to my mom, or to anyone really lol

Asphalt is fun to say though ;P

"Time to kick asphalt!"

Just now, Res said:

See, I can't understand being fine with beating a kid but not okay with swearing

I can't speak for @Arcanite but that time, my dad just made me go to my room.  My dad only spanked me a few times and for more severe stuff than that.  My mother was a bit more liberal with the wooden spoon, though.

2 minutes ago, Res said:

See, I can't understand being fine with beating a kid but not okay with swearing

Because one is viewed as discipline and one is viewed as disrespect

You're looking at the action and not the principle behind it!

Even so, I do not want to explore what cursing to my mother would result in.... heh

Just now, Arcanite said:

Because one is viewed as discipline and one is viewed as disrespect

You're looking at the action and not the principle behind it!

Even so, I do not want to explore what cursing to my mother would result in.... heh

I misspoke; I do understand the principle part, just disagree with it. I certainly understand why parents would wish their children not to swear, just as I understand that swearing is a lot more offensive depending on where you grow up.

We have so many studies these days telling us how detrimental spanking is; it increases the risks of mental illness, it's linked with the same negative outcomes as more severe abuse, and above all, it's not the most effective form of punishment. I don't blame our parents' generation but I think it's sad what is and isn't considered acceptable. At least most swearing isn't aimed *at* people, but used more as a form of exclamation.

Anyway! Luckily there's a lot more information out there these days, and people are able to see what is and isn't effective. 

Wow this started silly, and then got real serious for FFtF.

I'd say my part out of sympathy/empathy/conversation, but honestly, I feel like airing the stuff I have in mind on what is primarily a video game forum like this wouldn't be right. 

Just now, Rezzy said:

I sense I have gone into full mom mode tonight.

Rezzy. Origin of all that is good and mother to us all.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wow this started silly, and then got real serious for FFtF.

I'd say my part out of sympathy/empathy/conversation, but honestly, I feel like airing the stuff I have in mind on what is primarily a video game forum like this wouldn't be right.

We are Far from the Forest, all is appropriate here, especially when it's inappropriate.

I never even consider the possibility of doing anything my parents won't agree with - who knows where they'd send me... after they collect my pieces?

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I sense I have gone into full mom mode tonight.

Maybe I'll be prepared when Leo and Est start asking questions.

Anya asked me how babies got out of their mother's belly last night!

1 minute ago, Res said:

Anya asked me how babies got out of their mother's belly last night!

Oh dear, I'm not sure what I'd say if Leo asked right now.  I don't think there's anything innately bad or shameful about it, but I don't know how I'd put it in terms he'd understand, but also not say at random in public.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Oh dear, I'm not sure what I'd say if Leo asked right now.  I don't think there's anything innately bad or shameful about it, but I don't know how I'd put it in terms he'd understand, but also not say at random in public.

It was pretty hilarious because I gave her a basic scientific description of both vaginal and c-section births and she was completely nonplussed. I was expecting her to be shocked or say 'eww' or exclaim 'that sounds awful, I'm never having a baby' and she just said, 'oh, okay.' So I went into more detail and she was still unfazed. The only thing she asked me was if you die if you have a c-section, so I very hastily assured her that you can be cut open and sewn back up again and be okay. 

I'm glad she waited until 5, though, I wouldn't know what to say to a 2/3 year old, either!

Well you see, it's different for me. Because I live on a farm where you get kicked in the shins and stung by wasps and get your fingers stuck in machinery all of the time. If anybody had an excuse to swear, it'd be me. But then I'd be disowned.

Also, @Arcanite, I love the robovangelist! Keep sharing the Good News!

Wow, this thread has gotten really off topic.  

I know if I ever swore it did something else I shouldnt have I would get disapproving looks or my mother would just swear at me, my mother is very scary when she is in a sweary mood 

17 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Wow, this thread has gotten really off topic.  

This thread is like the opposite of a derail where it all starts with silliness and turns into a serious discussion about life and coming of age.

Wow, this thread sure took an interesting turn.  

I was a good girl in high school... Didn't do anything naughty.  ;):  I was 18 when I first had sex, and it was with my current SO.  He was my first boyfriend too!  I lucked out there.

Also, speaking of swearing - my parents used to get upset when me and my brothers swore, but they swore a lot themselves.  They implemented this system where they would have to give us 25 cents whenever they swore.  I was with my mom watching my dad's work hockey team once, and one of the dudes on the ice swore.  I yelled loudly at him: "you swore, that's 25 cents!"  

9 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

OBJECTION: 4 letter word that begins with "C"

That's funny though. 

In Australia at least from what I have seen, Pussy is by far more of an offensive word than cunt, cunts actually isn't used all that sparingly by most people 

2 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Wow, this thread sure took an interesting turn.  

I was a good girl in high school... Didn't do anything naughty.  ;):  I was 18 when I first had sex, and it was with my current SO.  He was my first boyfriend too!  I lucked out there.

Also, speaking of swearing - my parents used to get upset when me and my brothers swore, but they swore a lot themselves.  They implemented this system where they would have to give us 25 cents whenever they swore.  I was with my mom watching my dad's work hockey team once, and one of the dudes on the ice swore.  I yelled loudly at him: "you swore, that's 25 cents!"  

Hahaha! That's a pretty great system, actually. I bet it definitely helped curtail swearing knowing their kids would instantly call them out!

Anyone watch The Good Place? I love the censored swearing.

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

In Australia at least from what I have seen, Pussy is by far more of an offensive word than cunt, cunts actually isn't used all that sparingly by most people 

That's the exact opposite of around here.  I don't think I even heard the word "cunt" said aloud until I was maybe a teenager.  Possibly earlier, but it just wasn't said much.  It's like even worse than "fuck" or at least not said as often.  "Pussy" while not exactly polite is a much more mellow word, if considered a swear at all.  I heard pussycat growing up a lot, not to mention the cartoon Josie and the Pussycats cartoon.  Pussy is also used as a synonym for wimp a lot.  Like "Don't be a pussy".