Should Brawl be Re-made

Doom103

Should Brawl be Re-made  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brawl be Re-made

• Yes
    • No

I was talking about Melee, where Bowser's side B is still infinitely more useful than DK's side B. Like, why would you seriously use DK's side B? If you want to meteor, fair preserves forward momentum, has greater range, and is easier to land, and there is no point in burying the opponent. Bowser's side B at least is an option against shield grabbers (he still has to wait 15 frames to go from an aerial into up B), the backward throw is damn powerful and the forward throw sets up against fast fallers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOO MOAR LANDMASTERZ!11!!!

Well, I wouldn't say a remake. But more options with customizing stages would be nice, maybe even being able to use custom stages online wouldn't be bad. Tch how about remaking the whole online interface like being able to keep a record on your online victories and loss. How about Special Brawl as a online option? Being able to see each other name when brawling with anyone wouldn't hurt so much either. Maybe change the subspace story alittle more and not make it seem like some random guys fan fiction was used. I think I cover some of the things I can think of.......

Brawl should definately be remade and make the physics much more like melee's. Brawl is too slow compared to melee

Edited by Slayer

They should just make monthly patches or something. Buff the lower tiers/nerf the higher tiers.

That's the most arrogant idea I've ever heard. Fighting games aren't supposed to be even, putting everybody in middle tier takes all the fun out of the game. Also, if they did that, they'd be buffing Yoshi, and that would increase people's reasons to play him, and he's already too overused for my liking. I only started maining him beacause the smashboards character rankings put him at the very bottom. Now everybody is picking him up as an alt, and I can't call myself a cool indie kid for maining him. Oh, and all the Snake, MK, D3, and Wario players would bitch to no end if this was instated. The Falco players would be cool about it, since Falco players are generally cool people that stick with Falco regardless of nerfs.

That's the most arrogant idea I've ever heard. Fighting games aren't supposed to be even, putting everybody in middle tier takes all the fun out of the game. Also, if they did that, they'd be buffing Yoshi, and that would increase people's reasons to play him, and he's already too overused for my liking. I only started maining him beacause the smashboards character rankings put him at the very bottom. Now everybody is picking him up as an alt, and I can't call myself a cool indie kid for maining him. Oh, and all the Snake, MK, D3, and Wario players would bitch to no end if this was instated. The Falco players would be cool about it, since Falco players are generally cool people that stick with Falco regardless of nerfs.

Why is it arrogant, exactly? :mellow:

And using characters because they are not used is a strange reason for using them, even though I do it too. :X

Brawl should definately be remade and make the physics much more like melee's. Brawl is too slow compared to melee

The speed was one of Melees biggest problesm if you asked me. I know pleanty of people who gave up with the series (and Nintendo; Remember Melee and Rogue Leader were like the only reasons to own a gamecube for quite some time...) because Melee was too fast.

The physics. While Brawl has moon gravity feel to it at times I like the item physics and the rolling crates and the like.

As for Brawl being re-made. I would hate to see it become a bi-annual event; like Mario Kart 1 per generation please (it is a shame these two launched on top of each other :( and to be honest I'm enjoying Mario Kart more in every sense but music). At the end of the day the things I liked about Brawl are the music, the dojo (will there ever be an experiance like it?) but the game iself comes in at number 3...

Personally, Super Smash Bros needs a new person at the helm and for the next tile I would want big changes. Not the whole "Here is Mairo's Fluud; look forward to characters being radically different" and then the final day of characters being largly the same bar (to name a few of the ones that stick out) some major buffs to Zelda and Kirby (great, just what they needed but why is Sheik still about? Couldn't they be bothered to make a new fighting tyle for Zelda and find a character to recycle Sheiks moves to?) and debuffs to Samus and Jigglypuff (logic chaps? lets make the high-risk moves unable to kill anything before like 100%...high risk is meant to have high reward; not be pointless) and not enough varviety in characters. It is great I can pick up any character and use them but in melee I remember having issues with Mewtwo, Marth and the Ice Climbers. In Brawl; Captain Omilar is the only one.

I dunno maybe I weould tolerate Brawl more if it had a full set of options (I can turn off certain items but I can't turn the hazards off Spear Piller meaning it still sucks) and no load times (the load times are probably my biggest gripe with the game outside of gameplay issues, there is no reason they should be that bad and the sadest thing is the game seems to never stop loading). Oh and don't waste half the development time and disc space on a single player mode that lasts 10 hours...

Of course none of this will be on the Wii since Brawl sells still and will continue to do so for the next few years at least. As a result Nintendo doesn't need to waste any resources on developing a product it sees as "uneeded" (you don't canibalise a product that is selling well by putting out a sequel).

I gave up on Street Fighter because I didn't bother spending the small amount of time habituating myself with the game. Melee only feels fast if you're a scrub playing Fox or CF; every other character seriously needs advanced techs to even seem fast.

That's the most arrogant idea I've ever heard. Fighting games aren't supposed to be even, putting everybody in middle tier takes all the fun out of the game.

It's impossible to nerf/buff everyone to middle tier. Quite seriously there is nothing wrong with his idea; fighting games are inherently unbalanced, but if you say that the point of a fighting game is to be unbalanced, then that is just a blatant misconception.