Raising the Friend Limit

Rezzy

The Friend Limit of 50 in Heroes is pretty low, even by Nintendo standards.  I thought the 3DS 100 limit was low.  Between outside life and SF, I could easily have my Friend list in the hundreds, if allowed.

Every time we get a new Gauntlet, I'm more and more limited in taking people off for people on my Gauntlet team.

I call on the forum to submit feedback.  If you go to Misc. > FAQ, Etc > Customer Support > Feedback, you could kindly ask them to raise the Friend Limit.  I submitted feedback myself, but they might be more likely to listen, if they get multiple people asking the same thing, and not just one voice in the wilderness.

meh.... I feel like switching friends for the gauntlet is just overdoing it

Sure

I want people to use my Oboro and everything, but it isn't really that serious. I think it should only be raised when the friend list actually does something useful

33 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

meh.... I feel like switching friends for the gauntlet is just overdoing it

Sure

I want people to use my Oboro and everything, but it isn't really that serious. I think it should only be raised when the friend list actually does something useful

You wouldn't have to use the new limit, but lots of people would like a higher limit.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

The Friend Limit of 50 in Heroes is pretty low, even by Nintendo standards.  I thought the 3DS 100 limit was low.  Between outside life and SF, I could easily have my Friend list in the hundreds, if allowed.

Every time we get a new Gauntlet, I'm more and more limited in taking people off for people on my Gauntlet team.

I call on the forum to submit feedback.  If you go to Misc. > FAQ, Etc > Customer Support > Feedback, you could kindly ask them to raise the Friend Limit.  I submitted feedback myself, but they might be more likely to listen, if they get multiple people asking the same thing, and not just one voice in the wilderness.

Is there a number you recommend we should put down? I think having a hard concrete number will give them solid goal/vision to work towards.

I will put 400 in the feedback. Doubling from 3DS's 100 to 200 still seems a bit low. 400 seems like a reasonable number I think.

They need to increase Barracks space again too. I am overflowing. I need like at least 5,000 at the rate they are releasing new units for the next couple of months.

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wish there was a guild system in the game for around 400 members, so we can pool our resources together.

That would be nice, but I doubt it would ever happen, since we can't trade anything in game.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Is there a number you recommend we should put down? I think having a hard concrete number will give them solid goal/vision to work towards.

I will put 400 in the feedback. Doubling from 3DS's 100 to 200 still seems a bit low. 400 seems like a reasonable number I think.

They need to increase Barracks space again too. I am overflowing. I need like at least 5,000 at the rate they are releasing new units for the next couple of months.

400 would be great, but I don't know how much resources increasing the number would take.  Maybe an arbitrary 500, but I'll leave that to people who know more about programming limitations.

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You wouldn't have to use the new limit, but lots of people would like a higher limit.

Lots of people? I didn't think most people gave a damn about the friend's list.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

400?! Why so many?! That's unmanageable.

Maybe I just don't really understand the potential of the friends list, because all I use it for is to track my crush's gameplay, but I think you guys are overdoing it, just a little.

3 minutes ago, Gebby said:

Lots of people? I didn't think most people gave a damn about the friend's list.

Every single gauntlet, several people bring it up, since to add people to your list on your Gauntlet team, you inevitably need to take people off.  There's nothing saying you need to fill up your list, but it would be nice for people with lots of people on their list.

I could list 50 people just from here on SF, easily.

30 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wish there was a guild system in the game for around 400 members, so we can pool our resources together.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That would be nice, but I doubt it would ever happen, since we can't trade anything in game.

Maybe there can be guild events to earn extra resources.

1 minute ago, Gebby said:

400?! Why so many?! That's unmanageable.

You should check out people's Facebook accounts.

Besides, I like to collect other players' profiles so I can use them during the Voting Gauntlet.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I guess having an increased limit doesn't hurt anyone

I'll make a feedback report sometime~

I still have no idea how you guys know more than 50 people. My current friend list in the game only has ~10 people, solely for the voting gauntlets.

But while a bigger friend list could be nice, aren't there bigger issues in the game that should be addressed? I thought the main complaint was the nature of the multipliers in the gauntlet, or occasionally unbalanced units. I just thought there are higher priorities that should be fixed first.

Edited by Rex Glacies

I just want more features that make use of the friend’s list before extending the cap, since it’s never used outside of Voting Gauntlets.

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I’m all for more avenues of feather income. 5*’s on demand~

49 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I still have no idea how you guys know more than 50 people. My current friend list in the game only has ~10 people, solely for the voting gauntlets.

33 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

How are you guys even finding 50 people to add

For me, they come from regular Arena matches. I send a friend invite to any player with a decent representative meeting the following criteria:

1. Merge +10
2. No Triangle Adept/Gem Weapon
3. Not Sword Infantry
4. Not Armor
5. Dancers/Singers only need to follow first criteria.

I send on average one per day.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I guess having an increased limit doesn't hurt anyone

I'll make a feedback report sometime~

Cool, thanks

1 hour ago, Rex Glacies said:

But while a bigger friend list could be nice, aren't there bigger issues in the game that should be addressed? I thought the main complaint was the nature of the multipliers in the gauntlet, or occasionally unbalanced units. I just thought there are higher priorities that should be fixed first.

The issues with the other problems, is it's hard to really say how to balance or fix those problems without someone getting mad about it.

I see the friend limit problem like the barracks limit problem.  It's a simple fix (not necessarily in programming, but it the end result), and the people who want to change are very happy about it, with everybody else just being mostly neutral at worst about it, since no one is hurt by the change.

56 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

How are you guys even finding 50 people to add

Not counting non-internet friends or SF buddies, every Gauntlet, there are several people looking for Friends for units for their Gauntlet team.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

For me, they come from regular Arena matches. I send a friend invite to any player with a decent representative meeting the following criteria:

1. Merge +10
2. No Triangle Adept/Gem Weapon
3. Not Sword Infantry
4. Not Armor
5. Dancers/Singers only need to follow first criteria.

I send on average one per day.

I used to send invites to Arena people, but after a few weeks, I hit the Friend cap and have been at 50/50 ever since.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I used to send invites to Arena people, but after a few weeks, I hit the Friend cap and have been at 50/50 ever since.

I remove players every few days to make space for other players. In a way, I use my friend list like a news feed for the metagame to keep tabs on builds that I find interesting.

I'd love for it to get bumped out. 100 is the bare minimum they should have started with, not a measly 50. 

Ideally we'd have at least a few hundred, but considering they thought 50 was a good start I think at least 200 would be a good compromise, for now anyway. 

I have 6 pending requests from I guess random people in arena the past few weeks and I hate that I can't accept them. (I don't like to remove anyone unless they go inactive 2+ weeks or I really need room for new Serenes adds) With the coming gauntlet I'd like to add more people from here that I haven't yet, but I don't even know who to remove first to make the room. 

I almost never add arena people because I've never see the point. They'd have to have a lead unit that really wows me (or I have to be in a good enough mood) for me to add someone I don't know. But if someone loses to my shitty arena team and sends me a friend request for whatever reason, I'll probably accept.

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I almost never add arena people because I've never see the point. They'd have to have a lead unit that really wows me (or I have to be in a good enough mood) for me to add someone I don't know. But if someone loses to my shitty arena team and sends me a friend request for whatever reason, I'll probably accept.

I like to unequip the unit I am supporting so the enemy units are super easy while representatives on my friend list curb stomp the opposing team on Auto battle.

Meh. Doesn't make a single difference to me.

I mean, it would if we got more than 5 feathers from receiving greetings, but other than Voting Gauntlet (which you can mostly trivialize just using a Bow) that's about all friends are good for.

Well that and getting to know Kiran like 10 times over. I swear someone with that name takes up 5 of my friend slots and there are STILL Kirans I haven't friended yet.

I've sent my feedback asking for at least 150 people. At the beginning I barely noticed the friend list but it was in this gauntlet were I got the shock of having my friend list full.

I still have means of getting some space by erasing those who haven't played in over a week (those seem to be people I requested when I was a noob in arena), but right now between the people of SF, reddit, a few people I know in real life and some whales who like to send me invites for what I guess are some wacky defense teams I like to make it's hard to keep at it with just 50.

17 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I could list 50 people just from here on SF, easily.

Same. At least 48 people on my friend list are SF folks, and I still have to give some of them a boot now and then to fit new teammates for new gauntlets D:
I also like to look at characters I might not (ever) have, like Deirdre, Ayra, and Katarina. The friend list should grow.

I did send them my feedback with this request a while ago, and will do so again now.