Another FEH channel on the 14th: Post Talk

Jingle Jangle

Surtr is the ruler of Muspelheim, a realm of fire in Norse mythology. It is largely the opposite of Nifelheim, the realm of ice and snow. Just to shed a bit of light on the Nordic inspiration on this game. It should also be noted that Surtr's invasion of Midgard (i.e. Earth) was one of the many indicators of Ragnarok and the end of the world, if anyone is interested in the story.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing about weapon upgrade is that the material requirement is pretty high. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get them in a reasonable manner.

Just now, Alkaid said:

I'm only kinda upset that I blew so many orbs on Ayra's bait banner just for her to be at 8% on this upcoming one. That stings a bit. I feel worse for the people that really whaled hard for her amidst the Eldigan scourge. 

There's 12 focus characters though, which mean the chance of getting Ayra is 0.67%. In contrast, Ayra had a 1% chance of appearing on the TT banner. Not to mention that there are two other red characters on the banner, though Celica and Ike are quite good. 

Oh by the way, I just looked at the Trailer for the three characters.

Lute is voiced by Brina Palencia (the same voice actress who voiced Ayra from The Genealogy of the Holy War)

Lani Minella is returning voicing Mia (she looks like she managed to get into Cup of Tea Productions since she didn't return voicing Lyn and Sarah was voicing Mist), I could see she could voice Micaiah and Rolf incase if they add them.

Dorcas doesn't have his voice actor's name shown in the trailer

Edited by King Marth 64

So a 12-character banner is fucking weird, but an 8% focus rate helps with the odds of getting ones you want. Taking away the regular 5* rate for the banner is a fair trade, to be honest, since it's largely other low-priority units, like any banner units you're not going for.

Each color has three heroes: Ike/Celica/Ayra for red, b!Caeda/sf!Xander/Fjorn for blue, Hector/Dierdre/s!Camilla for green, and bh!Lyn/Genny/b!Cordelia for colorless. Your odds of getting the one you want while pulling their color are a bit less than if they were one of four characters on a 3% banner, but not much more: it'd basically even out if the rate was 9%, but at 8% you lose a tiny bit of chance.

Personally, I'm not really planning on going for it, since what I really need is Henry and other non-infantry mages. Hector, s!Camilla, and bh!Lyn are all noteworthy, but I have all three of them already. Still, it's good to know that if I do miss Henry, he might not take a whole year to come back.

• Mia, Lute, and Dorcas summoning banner starting tonight
  • Joshua as Tempest Trials reward (implying Sacred Stones as Tempest theme)
  • Heals and staves upgraded to have + versions available at 5 stars (ie: Fear+, Physic+, etc)
  • Certain specials reduced cooldown by 1: area of effects (Rising Wind, etc), "sun" moves (Sol, etc), "star" moves (Astra, etc)
  • Weapon Refinery allows you to enhance your weapons to get more stats and some skills (we'll learn more about the extent of this soon enough)
  • Weapon Refinery also allows certain weapons to upgrade (Killing Edge+ to Slaying Edge, Tyrfing to Divine Tyrfing, and many more).
  • Weapon Refinery uses unique materials and SP, and will become available after a new story chapter
  • Upcoming banner with 5* Focus base at 8%, 5* non-focus at 0%. Contains a large number of units: Ike, Celica, Ayra, Hector, Spring Camilla, Dierdre, Brave Lyn, Bride Cordelia, Genny, Spring Xander, and Bride Caeda.
  • New story stuff available right away; "Book II" where an Ice Kingdom and Fire Kingdom do battle. The Ice Kingdom Princess, Fjorm, joins you at 5*
  • All story/paralogue missions require 10 stamin at max to do now
  • 100 free barracks spaces for all, even those who hit the cap (max is now 1100)
  • Another Choose Your Legends event of some kind hinted at in the future
  • Feh has a nice stove
Edited by Johann

I legitimately burst into applause when the stream ended, this is amazing!

I'm not even mad at the lack of Micaiah since the new CYL focus is half FE8 Heroes (hint: check my favourite game)...and Joshua is the TT Reward, so I can just pull Blues for Lute! I'm so thrilled and can't wait to see what the scenario for the TT is, since it seems to be focusing on FE8 - maybe the final map is the one where you meet Joshua?

The staff buffs are also awesome, as are the Special buffs and the weapon forgery. I imagine they'll buff daggers next time alongside Sieglinde (come on, Ephraim, share with you sister). We can all have Slaying Weapons now!

And that's not even getting into us all getting a free 5* Hero and a "super Hero Fest" with an 8% start rate, no off-focus units and returning Seasonals, with the only one blocking Bridelia and B!Lyn being each other!

I'm looking forward to Book 2: Fjorm and that new cutscene look awesome and it looks like Kiran sees some action on the field, maybe they'll be playable soon?

And of course, finally we can buff Legendary Weapons to their upgraded forms. You can finally be useful, my +! Seliph!

Poor Sharena. Her supposedly new "bestie" looks like is gonna shaft our cute princess hard. Why is Fjolrm also Lance infantry again? Well she is also cute so I forgive her.

As for forge, it sound pretty meta changing, well my Sol Katti will be first on list. Hmm was Armads also listed?

17 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Did anyone else hear Feh say she needs to get ready for the new CYL? It can't be just me.

Nope heard it too.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

God, i want Mia so bad. She looks so cute. Joshua being the Tempest Trial reward is nice, and bonus points for sharing his voice actor with Natsu Dragneel.

Staff buff, Special buff, weapon forging. What is competitive? What is balance?

Fjorum looks amazing. And she's guaranteed. Good. And Sutor looks great too. Funny, we got Sutor in Thor: Ragnarok and now we got Sutor in Fire Emblem.

Was it wrong that I wanted him to be voice Dante from DMC?

14 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I'm sorta surprised they got Lani Minella for Mia, her original VA in RD. Can't help but feel like she sounds a bit too older than she looks like Smash Lyn was...

Might've work better when if they use Mia from Radiant dawn but I don't know what she looks like in that one.

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I hope they go down in order. I need CYL Tharja and Camilla. Right now. CYL Hector would probably make the game explode as well. 

If Hector uses a sword would that make him any different from Zephiel or BK?

Edited by Zangetsu

Just now, LuxSpes said:

The one thing about weapon upgrade is that the material requirement is pretty high. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get them in a reasonable manner.

There's 12 focus characters though, which mean the chance of getting Ayra is 0.67%. In contrast, Ayra had a 1% chance of appearing on the TT banner. Not to mention that there are two other red characters on the banner, though Celica and Ike are quite good. 

That's true, though I'd take getting pity broken by Ike or Celica over Elidgan any day. 

I don't know who to pull for on this thing. Try for a +atk B Cordelia? Get Celica since I don't have her? This banner's crazy. 

Holy shit that was a lot of great news. My wallet is in for some serious trouble.

I'm glad I don't have to sacrifice Nephenee to my newly built Steady Breath +10 Lukas. I almost went ahead with it too...

Hahaha, Dorcas got a major makeover. I expected him to be Arden levels of ugly.

Lute and Joshua hype! More SS characters are always welcome, but why are all of the TT reward characters Swordies??

Seasonal units coming back is awesome. I just hope they are split into more than 1 banner. Or no more than 2 per color. I didn't get a good look at which ones were shown.

So, um, I just typed this while the stream was on (and then added to it once it was over), so it's a bit hype-y.
Also there may be spoilers, so it's in a spoiler. And it's kinda long. Sorry 'bout that.

Spoiler

JOSHUA IS A TEMPEST TRIAL REWARD

YES

...So does that mean we'll be able to pick one of the 3 CYL Update heroes for free like the last CYLs? I hope so.

Also OH MY GOD MY HEALERS JUST GOT BETTER
SAKURA GOT BETTER
ALL THE HEALERS GOT BETTER
MY GENNY JUST GOT MUCH BETTER
I REALLY HOPE ABSORB+ IS GOOD SO SHE CAN RUN IT
BUT EVEN IF SHE CAN'T FEAR+/SLOW+ MIGHT WORK TOO SINCE THEY'RE 12 MT
I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS YOU GUYS

...THEY MADE NOONTIME AND SOL FASTER
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
I FINALLY HAVE A USE FOR ALL THOSE DAMN OGMAS I KEEP GETTING WHEN I PULL REDS

AND FINALLY THE BARRACKS ARE GONNA GET BIGGER WITHOUT BURNING ORBS FOR IT
WOOHOO!

AND STAMINA COSTS ARE GOING DOWN
I APPROVE OF THIS
WHOLEHEARTEDLY

...They added forging? Wut?
Still, more chapters isn't something I'm gonna complain about.
...Oooooooooh, I like where this is going. Especially if unique weapons can get new skills on 'em. My Roy'll hopefully get something good on his Binding Blade
Although, new currencys... I'm gonna get annoyed by that. I know it.

AND THEY DID IT
THEY JUST ALLOWED YOU TO GIVE KILLING EDGE+ UNITS SLAYING EDGES
I WAS KINDA HOPING THEY'D DO IT
I REALLY LIKE THIS
AND SELIPH CAN GET DIVINE TYRFING
THAT MIGHT JUST MAKE ME REGRET THROWING HIM OUT ALL THOSE TIMES
AND MY JULIA'S GONNA GET DIVINE NAGA
THAT'S GONNA MAKE CHOOSING BETWEEN HER AND DEIRDRE EVEN MORE DIFFICULT
DAMNIT INTSYS
STOP MAKING MY CHOICES HARDER

...They're gonna give us Zacharias in a summoning pool? Okay.
Damnit they said "she" so it can't be Zacharias

...8% 5-STAR RATE
8%
ARE YOU FOR REAL
HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME
Would be more awesome if I didn't already have most of the seasonal units making a return on this banner, but still

Oh hey, a trailer thing
And Alfonse getting to fight reminds me that I wanted to build him and Sharena up once, before I got distracted by
HEY IS THAT THE SUMMONER HAVING A GUNFIGHT WITH VERONICA?...How does that even work? Shouldn't the Summoner just shoot heroes at her? Unless that's what's happening, and Veronica is killing them after they get one attack on her because they're Level 1 since Summoner just summoned them so he's just pulling the trigger and praying he gets a 5-Star with high ATK to target her lower DEF stat to eventually wear her down and WOW I am putting way too much thought into this

THAT DUDE IS HOLDING A SUN
HE'S SPIRIT BOMBING THEM WITH A SUN
AND ICEGIRL COUNTERS WITH UNLIMITED ICE WORKS
THAT ACTUALLY LOOKS REALLY COOL AND THERE'S NO WAY WE'LL BE ABLE TO REPLICATE IT IN GAME
AND THAT MILDLY ANNOYS ME
BUT OTHER THAN THAT I LIKED THIS
I hope I got that Unlimited Blade Works reference right, it's like one of the two things I know about Fate

...King Surtr? I'm getting Norse vibes... which I probably should've gotten sooner, in hindsight, given there's already a Loki.
Not sure where Fjorm's name is from tho. Or what it means (TO GOOGLE TRANSLATE!). But she looks cool.
We're gonna get Fjorm for free? Nice.
...Did she just completely ignore a magic attack and then retaliate with a flippy thing? I like her already.

So, yeah. I'm pretty excited about this. Good show Intsys.
Also Feh is adorable, and I don't usually say that about owls that aren't Rowlet.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's nice to see that Elsa is in Fire Emblem now, she was always one of my favorite Disney characters.

But literally the only thing these two have in common is ice? I guess Flora and Felicia are Elsas too then. :/

I'd like Celica from that legendary heroes event...and I wouldn't mind more Ikes to merge with either. But I don't really care to get Ayra. This is tough...

Just now, Hawk King said:

Hahaha, Dorcas got a major makeover. I expected him to be Arden levels of ugly.

U takez that backs. Dorcas is faithful man that would save his wife by killing his wife!

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Might've work better when if they use Mia from Radiant dawn but I don't know what she looks like in that one.

Funnily enough, PoR Mia has short hair while RD Mia has long hair. Heroes Mia also has long hair.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If Hector uses a sword would that make him any different from Zephiel or BK?

Consider: CYL Hector as a red mage armor with Forblaze.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

So a 12-character banner is fucking weird, but an 8% focus rate helps with the odds of getting ones you want. Taking away the regular 5* rate for the banner is a fair trade, to be honest, since it's largely other low-priority units, like any banner units you're not going for.

Each color has three heroes: Ike/Celica/Ayra for red, b!Caeda/sf!Xander/Fjorn for blue, Hector/Dierdre/s!Camilla for green, and bh!Lyn/Genny/b!Cordelia for colorless. Your odds of getting the one you want while pulling their color are a bit less than if they were one of four characters on a 3% banner, but not much more: it'd basically even out if the rate was 9%, but at 8% you lose a tiny bit of chance.

Personally, I'm not really planning on going for it, since what I really need is Henry and other non-infantry mages. Hector, s!Camilla, and bh!Lyn are all noteworthy, but I have all three of them already. Still, it's good to know that if I do miss Henry, he might not take a whole year to come back.

It's gonna be a crazy banner for basically anything. Want DC fodder or Wrathful Staff fodder? Even if you don't get them you might get a great past-limited unit, CYL Lyn or other nice options. Only blue seems bad here since you might get Spring Xander (who's both weak and one of the least liked seasonals) while trying for a non-neutral Fjorn. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Funnily enough, PoR Mia has short hair while RD Mia has long hair. Heroes Mia also has long hair.

Wait, wouldn't that be RD Mia then?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Consider: CYL Hector as a red mage armor with Forblaze.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hector will borrow horse from Eliwood becoming first mounted armorial in game.

Stop these mad folks from making Hector any more powerful than he should be!

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Can't summon on the next banner. Need to save up my orbs for 8% banner. so much stuff, I can't wait for everything. My Merric can finally be more useful.

Don't forget Christmas Tharja man. We're in trouble. 

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, that's not what I'm asking about... I know about this.

Can anyone tell me if brave weapons can be upgraded too?

They weren't on the list, so we should probably assume they can't be.  But we won't know for certain until the update actually drops.

The Askr weapons not being on the list of upgradable weapons is sort of odd though.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Her outfit is closer to her Myrmidon outfit from PoR though, given that she's wearing shoulder-guards (which she loses as a Swordmaster in both PoR and RD).

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Wait...I just realized. They're upgrading Siegmund but what about Sieglinde? My beautiful Eirika deserves love too!

The list they showed of legendary weapons that can be refined only had weapons available on 5* exclusive units, so that might be why they left out Eirika. TThey don't seem to have the same restriction on evolving weapons since Durandal, Excalibur and Tyrfing can all be upgraded to their shinier version despite being on 3* and 4* characters.