Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw man, is Team Ryoma rallying enough? We're still behind by 27 mil!

EDIT: Glad to see Camilla going down though! I'll go Azura if Ryoma and Robin end up losing.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Aw crap, never mind

It updated already, still in Same hell. Azura won (not like there was any doubt of that, casuals would've run out of flags at this point and others prefer to save everything until the last round).

Another hour of not playing and my rank is still the same! Yay 3000 feathers for round one!

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Aw man, is Team Ryoma rallying enough? We're still behind by 27 mil!

Uncertain. Team Takumi just came off of a multiplier, meaning their past hour's gains are slightly inflated by players that started a match right before the multiplier ended.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Uncertain. Team Takumi just came off of a multiplier, meaning their past hour's gains are slightly inflated by players that started a match right before the multiplier ended.

Well, I guess we just gotta dump flags and hope for the best. Come on, Ryoma people!

18 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So who was winning before the 1st multiplier?

Lissa was ahead by just a teensie bit in the first hour, which gave Robin the first multiplier of the round.  I think she'll win this one. 

This is probably one of the fairest matches since the introduction of the multiplier.  RIP my score, though.

Just now, Ginko said:

Come on guys/ girls !! We can do this for the lobster king, right?

Yes, we gotta! Ryoma can't get screwed a second time in a row. He deserves better! :(

Nice job team Tharja! Glad we dodged that multiplier shenanigans. I'm rooting for team Camilla too, but it's not looking good over there, but maybe not impossible with enough of a rally.

Huzzah! We defeated the most popular character according to CYL Poll (that seriously needs to get update).

Praise be that is Water Waifu!

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Lissa was ahead by just a teensie bit in the first hour, which gave Robin the first multiplier of the round.  I think she'll win this one. 

This is probably one of the fairest matches since the introduction of the multiplier.  RIP my score, though.

If anything else you guys having bragging rights to say you had the best match in the Gauntlet.

Come on team Takumi. Let's get Takumi his redemption after multiplier shenanigans during the hair gauntlet! 

@Rezzy, I got your Titania and I love using her. I doubt I'd get that kind of high investment unit, but it's nice to dream.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If anything else you guys having bragging rights to say you had the best match in the Gauntlet.

Most boring match of the Gauntlet, you mean.

In this day and age, it's not possible to have a multiplier-less back and forth on a close match-up because spending flags when there is no multiplier is not worth it, resulting in a match that just stagnates on one side of the line and stays there.

All 4 match-ups are without multiplier? Intriguing. I was really hoping for a last second Chrom multiplier, but I think people are inevitably going to spend flags in the remaining hours which may have kept that from happening. Oh well.

Here's to hoping Ryoma pulls it off, cuz I don't have much in the way of seasonal characters.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most boring match of the Gauntlet, you mean.

In this day and age, it's not possible to have a multiplier-less back and forth on a close match-up because spending flags when there is no multiplier is not worth it, resulting in a match that just stagnates on one side of the line and stays there.

Wait a minute, damn near everyone has been complaining about how multiplers ruin a match & when that doesn't happen it's a bad thing? Why?

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Wait a minute, damn near everyone has been complaining about how multiplers ruin a match & when that doesn't happen it's a bad thing? Why?

What you have to understand is that one of the reasons why Ephraim vs Chrom is considered the best voting gauntlet matches is because while it also had it's share of being in the same situation the characters still managed to one up the other in looking like it could go either way. Here it's just been flat out boring because Lissa has kept the lead since like this morning and every time Robin has managed to gain some points Lissa just does almost the same amount thus not making any difference what so ever. 

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

The exciting-ness that happened with Ephraim v. Chrom was because flags were being used to one-up the other team on an hourly basis, which allowed them to actually have a back-and-forth occur without multipliers.

Now that multipliers a thing, there is no incentive to use flags outside of multiplier hours, meaning any close match is just going to sit there and not move while sitting on one side of the line or the other. A back-and-forth requires players to be spending their flags, but with the existence of multipliers, the only way to encourage players to spend their flags is to get a multiplier.

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

What you have to understand is that one of the reasons why Ephraim vs Chrom is considered the best voting gauntlet matches is because while it also had it's share of being in the same situation the characters still managed to one up the other in looking like it could go either way. Here it's just been flat out boring because Lissa has kept the lead since like this morning and every time Robin has managed to gain some points Lissa just does almost the same amount thus not making any difference what so ever. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The exciting-ness that happened with Ephraim v. Chrom was because flags were being used to one-up the other team on an hourly basis, which allowed them to actually have a back-and-forth occur without multipliers.

Now that multipliers a thing, there is no incentive to use flags outside of multiplier hours, meaning any close match is just going to sit there and not move while sitting on one side of the line or the other. A back-and-forth requires players to be spending their flags, but with the existence of multipliers, the only way to encourage players to spend their flags is to get a multiplier.

Sounds like I have to actually experience it, but I think I got a good grasp on what you guy meant.

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

it's almost like different people complain about different things

but just as obnoxiously

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

To use an analogy, in baseball, the best games to watch are with a lot of scoring and a few comebacks on both sides.  Watch almost any Cubs-Cardinals game and you'll see it happens a lot with them for some reason.  A game that sits at 0-0 is often boring, and blowouts can be fun, but get a bit uninteresting if it's 10-0 after the second inning.

Now if a team is down 5-0 and comes back, that's interesting, but they earned it.  If being ahead by 3 or more runs suddenly caused the losing team to have all runs worth 3, it would cheapen the value of the comeback, and make it so the luckiest, not the best team won.

2 minutes ago, a bear said:

it's almost like different people complain about different things

but just as obnoxiously

But the difference is I'm getting reasonable response & explanations.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To use an analogy, in baseball, the best games to watch are with a lot of scoring and a few comebacks on both sides.  Watch almost any Cubs-Cardinals game and you'll see it happens a lot with them for some reason.  A game that sits at 0-0 is often boring, and blowouts can be fun, but get a bit uninteresting if it's 10-0 after the second inning.

Now if a team is down 5-0 and comes back, that's interesting, but they earned it.  If being ahead by 3 or more runs suddenly caused the losing team to have all runs worth 3, it would cheapen the value of the comeback, and make it so the luckiest, not the best team won.

That comparison completely went over my head. I can understand some of it, but I don't like baseball or sports in general. Unless I'm actually participating.