Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

I couldnt find it in me to try and get everything from the fates maps. but since I really like shadow dragon, im gonna try my very best to do more in this dlc pack then the last one.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thany said:

I couldnt find it in me to try and get everything from the fates maps. but since I really like shadow dragon, im gonna try my very best to do more in this dlc pack then the last one.

I will destroy myself in burning through to get the costumes for certain plus Caedas weapon. She's the character I've grown to adore the most out of ones I never cared about before. I never finished SD so all I knew was she was Marths lady.

37 minutes ago, DIO said:

...aside from the ring girls' new dress (which to be fair is quite lovely) these look like what could be broken armor models for those characters. also that dude's armor is an...interesting, color scheme.

Yeah, Zhao Yun's costume is based on a Peking opera costume.

http://china-cart.com/bookpic/201410/201410233157.jpg

Edited by Watchman

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Considering how cheap KT and Omega Force can get sometimes, she might ride as normal. Unless they borrow Zhen Ji's old side saddle animation that is.

As for the wedding dresses in general, at least they're way more interesting than what several ladies in DW9 are getting as pre-order costumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ih1rhDp5Ek&feature=youtu.be

I like those dresses more than these bride ones, personally. And that dude has some interesting armor. lol

1 hour ago, DIO said:

I might be wrong, but isn't the stone she's holding in her costume artwork a new one? I don't recall any of them being that kind of translucent golden, least of all with such a basic design...

I was merely led to believe she didn't because only one unique weapon was listed for existing characters.  I can understand why it wasn't said that Navarre, Linde, or Minerva would receive special weapons (after all, they didn't announce special weapons for the Fates DLC characters, yet they each got one), but I don't know why they'd mention Caeda's new weapon but not Tiki's if they both were to receive their own weapons.

58 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I'm so excited for all of this pack! I'm super behind though as I've only completely finished Cold Reception from the Fates pack and though I've cleared Grief (but not completed) I haven't even cleared Land of the Gods or Together to the End for Celica, though I detest her character. I also only have 4 characters at 110 though everyone is at least at 100. Time to seriously grind and get paragon on everyone for that new level cap.

The boss map on Together to the End is the best place to grind for Darios' materials (up to five a sitting). You should finish it at least for that sake.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

lmao, Minerva looks so pissed about something; moreso than in the artwork her image is based off of.  She's probably thinking about her asshole of a brother.

Marth looks pretty dapper, too.  Nice that Lyn gets a more proper adaptation of that costume as well.

Also, I knew we'd get those maps.  Ghoul's Teeth?  Check.  Castle Diel?  Check.  Knorda Market?  Check.

Some other interesting info out as well, and I also am actually quite surprised this is coming out next week.  Though Tiki isn't getting an exclusive weapon?  I mean, I know she's the only one who uses dragonstones, but still...

Based on the data in the game, everyone has an exclusive weapon, even Tiki (Being the Divinestone), so I say she will get one, as will Ceada and Anna.

As for my opinion on the DLC.... HOLY FUCK I AM EXCITED!

Minerva looks kick ass, Navarre still looks cool but now we get to play him and Linde, her face looks a bit derp but everything else is cool.

Also those costumes are A1. Caeda looks beautiful, Tiki is adorable as the flower girl and Marth is fine as hell. Lyn looks cool too in her FEA outfit, though I was kinda expecting Anna or Celica to get the fourth costume, not that I'm complaining mind you. I'm assuming these costumes will have alt armour breaks as well much like Azura's Dark Songstress, Corrin's costumes and the maid and butler costumes for Camilla and Takumi.

About time we are getting that Bond Blessing and the new weapon skills, especially the Finisher Focus seem pretty decent. I hope the HM maps are good tho.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

That's not much.

On another note, am I the only one who thinks Linde's face looks weird?

Nope; some people on Gamefaqs went as far to say she looks high. It's the position of the eyes, I think.

Neat to get some deets. We already knew about the characters, of course, but it's nice to finally see them. I just hope Minerva and Linde aren't moveset clones of Camilla and Robin, but that sprite of Camilla right near Minerva doesn't give me hope.

Costumes are pretty neat. Tiki as the flower girl at Marth and Caeda's wedding is perfect.

The new weapon attributes sound kinda eh, though Elise and Frederick might benefit from the attack <-> defense one? Assuming it counts as a Swap-category attribute, poor Sakura and Lissa can't run it and Topsy-Turvy at the same time, though.

As for personal weapons themselves, besides Caeda's Wing Spear I believe it's safe to assume that Tiki will get her Divinestone, Anna will get her personal bow, the three DLC folk will have their own personal weapons, and all of them will now be able to get Opi to boost the power to 720.

Gonna start adding all these details to our wiki once it's out and I can get ahold of the data. I still need to finish the Fates DLC, though all that's left for me are some of the space-time distortions and Anna.

Edited by Anomalocaris

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I was merely led to believe she didn't because only one unique weapon was listed for existing characters.  I can understand why it wasn't said that Navarre, Linde, or Minerva would receive special weapons (after all, they didn't announce special weapons for the Fates DLC characters, yet they each got one), but I don't know why they'd mention Caeda's new weapon but not Tiki's if they both were to receive their own weapons.

Probably because they consider Caeda the more important of the 2. And her weapon is more visually changed & eye catching.

Or just the whims of the editor. It's not like they broke down every broken armor available.

Anyway, I love the new costumes. Groom Marth in particular is pretty snazzy. and gOD BLESS THE OPTION TO TURN OFF CREST VOICE CLIPS. The support blessing is also much appreciated, especially combined with the bond charm. Literally the only blessing I want in the final pack is double drops.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

So…is Missiletainn a go? Because Owain BETTER get Missiletainn.

Missiletainn is indeed a piece of dummied-out code found in the game, just as Niles' Bow, Oboro's Spear, and Caeda's Wing Spear all were before becoming reality.

Unless they decide to be weird and inconsistent, expect to see it in the Awakening pack.

Edited by Anomalocaris

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Missiletainn is indeed a piece of dummied-out code found in the game, just as Niles' Bow, Oboro's Spear, and Caeda's Wing Spear all were.

Unless they decide to be weird and inconsistent, expect to see it in the Awakening pack.

The other weapons are the Armored Axe, Healing Axe (man they had better not give it Healer....could at least have had innate Topsy Turvy Bolt Axe),  and Gradvius for Cordelia right?

1 minute ago, r_n said:

The other weapons are the Armored Axe, Healing Axe (man they had better not give it Healer....could at least have had innate Topsy Turvy Bolt Axe),  and Gradvius for Cordelia right?

I've seen conflicting reports on the names, but those sound about right. There's also a dummied-out Thoron for Robin.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

that is correct, also including whatever weapons Tharja and Olivia will get as weapons.

Oh look, finally some information on SD DLC. I have been looking for an excuse to play FE Warriors again.

Of the three new characters I'm looking forward to using  Linde the most. I'm sure she won't be a Robin clone and will have a move set based on light magic and Aura. Navarre is likely to be the only move set clone we'll get here.

Also, I know someone already said this but I'm also hoping for a Linde/Cordelia support just to continue the tradition of characters with the same English voice actor getting a support conversation with each other. And finaaly, Warriors is doing what Heroes hasn't done yet and gave Marth an alt costume. 

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I've seen conflicting reports on the names, but those sound about right. There's also a dummied-out Thoron for Robin.

That's right, perfect.

Also it's kind of a bummer all three units are displayed doing their musou attacks. I feel like that might point towards Linde & Minerva being clones. Or at least Linde, magic would be pretty easy to show off.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

That's right, perfect.

Also it's kind of a bummer all three units are displayed doing their musou attacks. I feel like that might point towards Linde & Minerva being clones. Or at least Linde, magic would be pretty easy to show off.

People thought the wave attack shown in Azura's Famitsu screenshot was a musou as well (until we got larger scans).  We don't have enough information to state what we're seeing right now.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Nope; some people on Gamefaqs went as far to say she looks high. It's the position of the eyes, I think.

Yeah, it's definitely in the eyes. Maybe it's just the render, but the bad thing is, that's probably her official render.

39 minutes ago, r_n said:

Wait, Cordelia's getting Camus's weapon instead of Camus himself being added? That really really sucks. I'd have much rather had Camus himself in this game even though I do like Cordelia. >.>

2 hours ago, DIO said:

The boss map on Together to the End is the best place to grind for Darios' materials (up to five a sitting). You should finish it at least for that sake.

I know, I really do need to. Literally half of my procrastination comes from the Validar stage that's locked behind fours bc of the tomes/stones restriction. I hate those stages bc of the struggle and stress I face with killing all the magic enemies with my magic guys in an efficient manner.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, Cordelia's getting Camus's weapon instead of Camus himself being added? That really really sucks. I'd have much rather had Camus himself in this game even though I do like Cordelia. >.>

Honestly Camus should have gotten in regardless. Linde's fine, and all, but Camus would be neat and have a zeke costume and everything. Also, a horse lance. Each pack should have come with a lance...it's also part of why i feel less than optimistic over any of Minerva, Linde, Tharja being unique. If you're going to give some unique sets you could at least dip into different types of units. And the only reason I don't throw Olivia in there is because she'll need her strong attack for the dance gimmick (&i'm not ruling out being an otherwise clone of someone but with the dance...)

35 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

People thought the wave attack shown in Azura's Famitsu screenshot was a musou as well (until we got larger scans).  We don't have enough information to state what we're seeing right now.

It's possible, but something about the size & extravagance of Linde's attack makes me think musou. Minerva's is fairly plain, however...well its out next week so we should know sooner than later. Maybe even sooner if we get a video or something.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Honestly Camus should have gotten in regardless. Linde's fine, and all, but Camus would be neat and have a zeke costume and everything. Also, a horse lance. Each pack should have come with a lance...it's also part of why i feel less than optimistic over any of Minerva, Linde, Tharja being unique. If you're going to give some unique sets you could at least dip into different types of units. And the only reason I don't throw Olivia in there is because she'll need her strong attack for the dance gimmick (&i'm not ruling out being an otherwise clone of someone but with the dance...)

Yeah, I agree. I don't care if Minerva is a clone or not though, I just like her. Linde, I think wouldn't make much sense as a Robin clone since she doesn't use dark magic. She has light magic.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I agree. I don't care if Minerva is a clone or not though, I just like her. Linde, I think wouldn't make much sense as a Robin clone since she doesn't use dark magic. She has light magic.

Well technically tactician robin can't use dark magic without reclassing either, and he only uses it in 2 of his attacks i think (the nosferatu combo and the grima-referencing awakening finisher). They're clearly making some minor concessions.

But more to the point shadow dragon doesn't differentiate between any of the magic types. She's associated with light magic because of Aura but lightning magic is Robin's signature and he's still flinging around everything else.