Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Oboro and Azura were both unique though in part due to having no lance infantry prior.

Personally I wouldn't consider Oboro's moveset completely unique since enemy units use it, whereas Azura's is because only her and no other playable unit or enemy units use it.It's partially one of the reasons I have only been expecting one non-clone character per DLC rather then two. Especially looking at the line-up for this DLC and the Awakening DLC, this just reinforces this, at least IMO.

Also better to be pessimistic and be decently surprised then optimistic and disappointed. Again, IMO.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Am I the only one who would be okay with Tharja or Linde being clones of Robin? His low lck stats makes him less suitable for Vanguard, essentially relegating one of the game's most fun movesets to support.

Robin might not have high luck, but he has the highest Magic in the game, as well as a decent Skill stat, so go crazy with crits and Specials. Also, Lethality still has a (at level 110) 28% chance for activating (38% with Luck +20), so you can still go crazy with crits.

In the end, might trumps all when it comes to strength, so slap a 480 might or 720 might Hero Tome and he (or any character with their respective weapon) will be much better as a Vanguard.

Also, don't know if anyone has posted this, possible Level 130 stats for current units. The calculator was created by Tables. Of course, it could be completely different from actual stats at that level. Guess people can confirm using the Calculator (need to download the FEW Resource Sheet to your computer) after they received one or more level ups with a unit.

FEW_Possible_Level_130_stats.PNG

Edited by MrPerson0

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Personally I wouldn't consider Oboro's moveset completely unique since enemy units use it, whereas Azura's is because only her and no other playable unit or enemy units use it.It's partially one of the reasons I have only been expecting one non-clone character per DLC rather then two. Especially looking at the line-up for this DLC and the Awakening DLC, this just reinforces this, at least IMO.

In the base game though wasn't the infantry lance moveset incomplete? The mooks plus npc Oboro use only the basic combo string and two or three strong attacks. Plus I don't think there was any data at the time for Oboro's specials because they wasn't finished with her. In a way the Fates DLC came with one moveset clone (Niles), one new moveset (Azura) and one semi-unique moveset (Oboro). I can possibly see Minerva getting Camilla's basic combo string but the strong attacks being different because Camilla only uses fire in her strong attacks.

Besides, when I first heard the DLC having Linde and Tharja I immediately latched onto the idea of Linde's moveset being light magic while Tharja uses dark magic to contrast each other and set them apart from the other mages. Ugh, Feb. 14 or an early trailer for these characters can't come soon enough!

9 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Some attacks do have extra blue effects like that. It's worth mentioning that it's also presented from the same angle we saw Azura's C5 (which we all thought was a musou). May be jumping the gun, but I'd say things are looking pretty good.

I think only specials and crits (chargeable attacks too like archers' C1) have that blue special effect, not strong attacks or basic attacks.

41 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

In the base game though wasn't the infantry lance moveset incomplete? The mooks plus npc Oboro use only the basic combo string and two or three strong attacks. Plus I don't think there was any data at the time for Oboro's specials because they wasn't finished with her. In a way the Fates DLC came with one moveset clone (Niles), one new moveset (Azura) and one semi-unique moveset (Oboro). I can possibly see Minerva getting Camilla's basic combo string but the strong attacks being different because Camilla only uses fire in her strong attacks.

Besides, when I first heard the DLC having Linde and Tharja I immediately latched onto the idea of Linde's moveset being light magic while Tharja uses dark magic to contrast each other and set them apart from the other mages. Ugh, Feb. 14 or an early trailer for these characters can't come soon enough!

From what I have seen, enemy commanders that are unpromoted seem to use the basic combo string till 4 and 2 strong attacks while promoted enemies use the baisc combo string till 6 and 4 strong attacks (So basically a character before they use a master seal). So yeah in a way Oboro is semi-unique, but if you think about it if another lancer was added, say Donnel, Mozu or Shiro, they would also more than likely use the same moveset, which is why I personally don't consider it unique.

As for the whole fire thing, nearly half the cast use 'magic' we'll call it that they should never be able to use. Like Freddy has wind magic, as do all the archers and Oboro. The pegs use light magic basically and so on, so I don't see how far fetched it is for Minerva to use Camilla's moveset, which is also shared by generic Wyvern enemies. I also don't see why Koei would go through the trouble of making a new moveset for a character who would perfectly fit them. For Linde, it's a different story, since Robin's/the Sorcerer trio's moveset wouldn't fit her, but for Minerva, Cammy's would.

Also, I hope I don't sound dickish or anything, I'm just a pessimist. Also yes, a trailer can't come soon enough. Sadly though, the Fates ones only came out a day before the DLC launched so yeah (Well at least the English ones did).

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Also better to be pessimistic and be decently surprised then optimistic and disappointed. Again, IMO.

So are you saying Robin, Ryoma, and Frederick are not unique because enemies use their moves?

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So are you saying Robin, Ryoma, and Frederick are not unique because enemies use their moves?

Pretty much. I mean, when you consider it, if they added other characters of those classes, they would use those movesets (I mean Owain uses Ryoma's, Tharja will no doubt have Robin's and say if Gunter was added, he would more than likely use Freddy's). Same can be said for Lissa too since Fighters/Warriors use her moevset.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Pretty much. I mean, when you consider it, if they added other characters of those classes, they would use those movesets (I mean Owain uses Ryoma's, Tharja will no doubt have Robin's and say if Gunter was added, he would more than likely use Freddy's). Same can be said for Lissa too since Fighters/Warriors use her moevset.

No, I meant because enemies use them now. They are templates for NPCs, but that does not necessarily mean that future playable characters will follow in the same vein. 

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

No, I meant because enemies use them now. They are templates for NPCs, but that does not necessarily mean that future playable characters will follow in the same vein. 

Well like I said for Oboro, I wouldn't consider them completely unique. In terms of playable characters they are unique (Well Ryoma wont be once Owian comes out and Tharja is still a mystery but I still lean towards her being a Robin clone), but overall, no, I don't consider them unique.

22 minutes ago, Azz said:

Well like I said for Oboro, I wouldn't consider them completely unique. In terms of playable characters they are unique (Well Ryoma wont be once Owian comes out and Tharja is still a mystery but I still lean towards her being a Robin clone), but overall, no, I don't consider them unique.

Most people refer to "unique" movesets in terms of playability.  NPCs don't matter for most people because you can't play as them.

Edit:  Your definition reduces unique movesets down to Azura, Lissa and generic Fighter.  Those are the only movesets not used by multiple units, IIRC.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

5 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Most people refer to "unique" movesets in terms of playability.  NPCs don't matter for most people because you can't play as them.

Edit:  Your definition reduces unique movesets down to Azura, Lissa and generic Fighter.  Those are the only movesets not used by multiple units, IIRC.

I've never been one to care about clones or unique movesets so that would partially affect my views on things. But also I said, in terms of playability, the likes of Freddy, Oboro, Xander and such are unique, however, IMO, overall, they are not because enemy units also share their movesets, and more than likely, if in the case other units of the same class were added they would probably use those movesets, example Gunter, who if he was added, would more than likely be a Freddy clone.

Of coarse at the end of the day, view it how you like, this is just my views on the thing.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I've never been one to care about clones or unique movesets so that would partially affect my views on things. But also I said, in terms of playability, the likes of Freddy, Oboro, Xander and such are unique, however, IMO, overall, they are not because enemy units also share their movesets, and more than likely, if in the case other units of the same class were added they would probably use those movesets, example Gunter, who if he was added, would more than likely be a Freddy clone.

Of coarse at the end of the day, view it how you like, this is just my views on the thing.

It's misleading when most people use "unique" one way, and you insist on using it a different way.  My point was less about what you personally might care about, and more about clarity of communication.  Your definition is incredibly reductive, and lends itself to the overall negativity surrounding the roster.  It makes sense from a developer point of view, but not from a player's point of view, and most people only consider the player's point of view.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It's incredibly misleading when most people use "unique" one way, and you insist on using it a different way.  My point was less about what you personally might care about, and more about clarity of communication.  Your definition is incredibly reductive, and lends itself to the overall negativity surrounding the roster.  It makes sense from a developer point of view, but not from a player's point of view, and most people only consider the player's point of view.

I don't see how I'm misleading anyone since I've been clear that my point of view is mine and I haven't told anyone specifically that they should believe my point of view and mine alone. I don't know how I am in anyway being 'reductive' and if I wish to be negative about the roster then I will be, that is my prerogative, if you don't like it, ignore it. Also, I am not most people, I view things my way and that's that.

Anyways, I'm leaving this here, since it's just gonna derail the topic. If you have anything else to say, leave it to PMs.

7 hours ago, Azz said:

I wouldn't mind with Linde being a clone per say, I just feel it would look out of place considering she is a light mage, and a light mage using Ruin seems odd.

I fully expect Tharja to be a Robin clone since A) both Plegian and B) she probably stalked Robin enough to clone his fighting style so yeah, so I don't mind and if I did I would expect it anyways.

This is a really minor sticking point I realize, but people keep calling her a light mage

She isn't. Aura is her signature tome, so I get why she's associated with it in the same way Merric gets considered a wind mage, but Shadow Dragon & Mystery don't differentiate between magics. She can use any magic the player can get their hands on. There's no reason she couldn't use Ruin, were it a spell in her original games. 

If she gets a new move set yeah it will probably be light based (and tharja will be dark based in this scenario i assume) but it's not like she's locked into being a light mage or that ruin means she MUST be a unique.

e: Speaking of, are Leo/Elise using Starlight with their weird light attack? I can never make out what they say.

Edited by r_n

2 hours ago, r_n said:

e: Speaking of, are Leo/Elise using Starlight with their weird light attack? I can never make out what they say.

If you are talking about Leo's/Elise's Strong 5 that's Moonlight, which is also the name of Elise's personal weapon.

Edited by NSSKG151
better sentence

40 minutes ago, r_n said:

You think that's bad, I could never figure out what the light pillars in Robin's moveset were. No wonder. It's from a different game.

5 hours ago, r_n said:

This is a really minor sticking point I realize, but people keep calling her a light mage

She isn't. Aura is her signature tome, so I get why she's associated with it in the same way Merric gets considered a wind mage, but Shadow Dragon & Mystery don't differentiate between magics. She can use any magic the player can get their hands on. There's no reason she couldn't use Ruin, were it a spell in her original games. 

If she gets a new move set yeah it will probably be light based (and tharja will be dark based in this scenario i assume) but it's not like she's locked into being a light mage or that ruin means she MUST be a unique.

But she is. Heroes refers to her as 'Light Mage: Linde' and her ending in New Mystery calls her 'Light Sage'. Also in original TCG, with the exception of one card, where she was classes a fire magic user, she was a light magic user.

As for the whole Ruin thing, the way I look at it is, why would Linde use the same moveset as Gharnef? Also this is just me being petty, I apologise, but there is reasons Linde could not use Ruin were it in her original game, if it were enemy exclusive. the Archanea games tended to make dark magic (At least what looked to be dark) enemy only, case in point Imhullu and Dualam. I would think Ruin would have considered dark magic in these games. Though of coarse this is both of us assuming.

The only dark magic (Again what looks to be dark) I expect Linde to have is Nosferatu, and even then, in Archanea games, Nosferatu was female only, its animation was fairly light (As in it looked like light magic) and this was also the time when it was considered light magic. Of coarse she will have her spells that are thunder, fire and wind based, every mage in the game does (And Linde has been associated with thunder magic in her un-promoted Cipher card, in Heroes and TMS) but if she did use the same moveset as Robin and the Sorcerer Trio, I wouldn't be disappointed since it's a fun moveset, I woudl just be surprised.

Also, like other have said, Leo/Elise use Moonlight in their C5.

Don't know if anyone talked about this, but...chara29_02.jpg

Here is the image showcasing Minverva's Iote's Shiels skill. Her defensive stance is literally the same as Camilla's, which is worrying me. However, when the blue bubble shows up, Camilla raises her axe, as opposed to keep it in place. This could show that either Minerva isn't a clone, or Iote's Shield doesn't have the unit change their defensive position when the bubble activates.

Not a hard confirmation of course.

5 hours ago, Azz said:

But she is. Heroes refers to her as 'Light Mage: Linde' and her ending in New Mystery calls her 'Light Sage'. Also in original TCG, with the exception of one card, where she was classes a fire magic user, she was a light magic user.

As for the whole Ruin thing, the way I look at it is, why would Linde use the same moveset as Gharnef? Also this is just me being petty, I apologise, but there is reasons Linde could not use Ruin were it in her original game, if it were enemy exclusive. the Archanea games tended to make dark magic (At least what looked to be dark) enemy only, case in point Imhullu and Dualam. I would think Ruin would have considered dark magic in these games. Though of coarse this is both of us assuming.

The only dark magic (Again what looks to be dark) I expect Linde to have is Nosferatu, and even then, in Archanea games, Nosferatu was female only, its animation was fairly light (As in it looked like light magic) and this was also the time when it was considered light magic. Of coarse she will have her spells that are thunder, fire and wind based, every mage in the game does (And Linde has been associated with thunder magic in her un-promoted Cipher card, in Heroes and TMS) but if she did use the same moveset as Robin and the Sorcerer Trio, I wouldn't be disappointed since it's a fun moveset, I woudl just be surprised.

Also, like other have said, Leo/Elise use Moonlight in their C5.

I always considered Swarm dark magic, personally, but whatever SD's weird in having a bunch of "Typeless" magic. Could you get that one actually? I might have mixed it up with a different game or the meteor tome. But I still think that, if they wanted, they could totally give her ruin and it'd be one of those acceptable breaks in the same vein as Robin using Nosferatu as a tactician in Smash or Ruin here or the previously mentioned Rexaura. Or frederick throwing out tornadoes.

I did forget NOsferatu was light magic in them, though. Saw it in the tome lists and just threw it as dark magic Nosferatu's kind of weird...depending on the game it's either a light magic (or light-ish in the typeless games) or dark magic. Or in the case of Fates, somehow the only actually dark magic that requirse a specific class/skill and not literally summoning spires of darkness Goetia.

and thanks for the moonlight clarification. 

On 2/9/2018 at 3:10 PM, MrPerson0 said:

Robin might not have high luck, but he has the highest Magic in the game, as well as a decent Skill stat, so go crazy with crits and Specials. Also, Lethality still has a (at level 110) 28% chance for activating (38% with Luck +20), so you can still go crazy with crits.

In the end, might trumps all when it comes to strength, so slap a 480 might or 720 might Hero Tome and he (or any character with their respective weapon) will be much better as a Vanguard.

Also, don't know if anyone has posted this, possible Level 130 stats for current units. The calculator was created by Tables. Of course, it could be completely different from actual stats at that level. Guess people can confirm using the Calculator (need to download the FEW Resource Sheet to your computer) after they received one or more level ups with a unit.

FEW_Possible_Level_130_stats.PNG

Chroms really good lol

15 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Chroms really good lol

He'd be even better if he had better Luck, which seems to be a super important stat in this game as it triggers Luna and Lethalty more consistently, then again Celica's +20 lck skill also exists so he could have some on par with the higher characters.

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

He'd be even better if he had better Luck, which seems to be a super important stat in this game as it triggers Luna and Lethalty more consistently, then again Celica's +20 lck skill also exists so he could have some on par with the higher characters.

Till irks me that he has higher resistance than Lucina.