• Xander the Pimp
    • Kagero the Ninjabbit
    • Camilla the Naughty Bun
    • Sharena the Bun-Bun Pal
    • Lucina the Eggsalt
    • Catria the Bunnywing
    • Chrom the Helpful Rabbit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kagero won against Alfonse (warning salty player incoming) Fanservice will always ruins every VG ? It's not Camilla but, in my opinion, Kagero is as the same level of Fanservice. 

Here we go again, people being mad at fanservice again. Maybe you should think about that maybe not everyone joined Team Kagero just because they want to see boobs, and maybe they joined because they like her as a character? (Like me) It's honestly getting quite annoying and you're ruining our and your own mood.

Wow, why so many people change to Kagerou?

I think at the beginning of round 2 ,so many people join Alfonse to hunt down her.

Just hop in for free 500 feathers if she win, I guess.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Here we go again, people being mad at fanservice again. Maybe you should think about that maybe not everyone joined Team Kagero just because they want to see boobs, and maybe they joined because they like her as a character? (Like me) It's honestly getting quite annoying and you're ruining our and your own mood.

Comes with the territory of being in the Voting Gauntlet. If it's not about that it's about how over rated said opponent is or how stupid multiplier is.

Voting Gauntlet at the end of the day just cause nothing but salt. And orbs, sacred coins, & refining stones

I've been with Kagero from the beginning because I actually like her as a character, and I have her. I don't mind if Lucina wins, though. I'm just happy we knocked Alfonse out.

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I admit that Kagero have a personnality that can be funny (drawing) so people like her, however in Heroes, the Fanservice power is stronger than the originals games and majority of people like her more for the Fanservice, that's the thing which despite me the most.

2 minutes ago, Kozac said:

…majority of people like her more for the Fanservice, that's the thing which despite me the most.

And how exactly does this bother you? Why can’t other people who aren’t you enjoy stuff for reasons that aren’t the same as yours?

Because of the fanservice I can see a rather average popularity character like Kagero overtaking a very popular character like Lucina, so I have joined her team for the victory feathers 

3 minutes ago, Kozac said:

I admit that Kagero have a personnality that can be funny (drawing) so people like her, however in Heroes, the Fanservice power is stronger than the originals games and majority of people like her more for the Fanservice, that's the thing which despite me the most.

First of all, many people who play Heroes have never touched Fire Emblem. If they see a unit with unique niche (flying physical ranged) that also happens to be a pretty anime girl, then chances are they're going to join her team rather than the guy whose name people keep misspelling.

Secondly, does any of this matter? It mostly comes down to the timing of the multipliers anyway. From that perspective it'd be worse if the bigger team lost simply because of what efectively boils down to luck, just like with Catria and Chrom.

5 minutes ago, Kozac said:

Source this "majority"?  As in, I want numbers, not some generalized statement.

17 minutes ago, Kozac said:

Teammates who join Kagerou since round 1 in this forum, you can quote me.

What reason made you join team Kagerou?

For me, I join her because she is good unit with good potential, not her boobs or thighs.

Don't judge the "majority" and label others.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Source this "majority"?  As in, I want numbers, not some generalized statement.

I don't have number, but you just have to look at the fanbase of Fanservice characters that IS created (Camilla, Kagero, Tharja,...) what they say about those character, or you can look at the fanarts (if they show the sexualized side and the number of fanart compared to others characters), you will see plenty of them support them because they look sexy or maybe the personnality (like i said before), also,IS takes popular characters for seasonal units (often awakening/fates) we have now 3 Camilla,2 Tharja,bride Charlotte, 2Kagero...IS didn't takes them by chance, he knows they have big community behind them because Fanservice.  

3 minutes ago, Kozac said:

I don't have number, but you just have to look at the fanbase of Fanservice characters that IS created (Camilla, Kagero, Tharja,...) what they say about those character, or you can look at the fanarts (if they show the sexualized side and the number of fanart compared to others characters), you will see plenty of them support them because they look sexy or maybe the personnality (like i said before), also,IS takes popular characters for seasonal units (often awakening/fates) we have now 3 Camilla,2 Tharja,bride Charlotte, 2Kagero...IS didn't takes them by chance, he knows they have big community behind them because Fanservice.  

This topic says otherwise, and we're part of the FE community.

I joined Kagero because I'd rather not have Lucina win again, and I want a Hoshidan winner. But if I had my way, I'd still be supporting Alfonse :P:

If you're going to bring up personality, then Kagero doesn't have much, or at least compared to Lucina.

Some of the retainer characters suffer at least a little from it, but Kagero's loyalty to her clans traditions displays little personality compared even to Saizo, who is loyal to a fault, and as a result has fewer opportunities to show her engaging side, if she has one. She is also a damsel in distress character who, in each instance, never gets to do much more in the moment than that. I even went through her supports, not many of them expanded on her character deeply or stray far from what be established already, and as a side character who can be perma-deathed, that's kinda bad.

Lucina, in comparison, has far more opportunities to show her character because she is a main character, and not even in the way Robin or Corrin are paper bags we can draw our faces on.

Edited by Xenomata

Kagero still does have some things going for her, mainly through her supports and miscalleanous fluff, which of course does not change her role in the story being rather lacking. I just really don't like the trend of this forum burning every fanservice looking character at the stake while giving smilarly flat characters with less obvious attributes a pass.

Kagero has her backstory of taking the place of her ill brother in becoming a shinobi for the Hoshidan royal family. She used to be in a relationship with Saizou, but they ended it so their feelings wouldn't get in the way of their duty. She also has a very sweet relationship with Orochi (personally I think they have more chemistry with each other than with any of their possible romance partners). She is also a very passionate artist, but apparently draws things straight from people's nightmares so she isn't as successful. Of course this could have been better implemented in the story and given her actual depth, but notice how none of these traits scream fanservice like Camilla and Tharja's obsessions with the avatars. 

Kagerou's design is very much fanservice, and it's probably played a big part in getting her a large following this gauntlet. But that doesn't mean that's all there is to it.. Lucina also doesn't appeal to me as a character, but you don't see me running around claiming all her supporters are there for their wholesome waifu.