Super Robot Wars

Rei

Actually, without a faq, I cant understand the skill and seishin list.

It's not that hard with some trial and error, considering you can always save state and quick save before experimenting. Most effects are pretty easily noticeable after you get the idea of what stuff does. In most games, skills are pretty darn set anyway, you could practically ignore them. Not so much in the new games though- pilots barely have any natural skills and you have to buy them now. But on the GBA stuff- you barely had any influence over pilot skills and pretty much everyone had all the vitals anyway.

I'm a big fan of the series in general. Of course SRW, SRW 3, and OGs 1 and 2 are the only games available translated completely. Which is a real shame. I've been playing Alpha lately, with battle skills and what have you translated, but following the story becomes tedious, because I have to read an online translation of the events.

I wish they'd just bring them over to the states, but I understand how impossible that is.

Alpha 1's story in a nutshell-> go play OG1, replace any non Alphaverse characters with Kouji Kabuto, Ryouma Nagare, Amuro Ray, etc. Nearly everything important and original in Alpha 1 was recreated in OG1 with slight variations: instead of the Astranagant, Ingram uses the R-Gun Rivale; Ingram and Viletta aren't pyschodrivers in the OGverse, Ryusei and Kusuha are childhood friends, etc. Similarly, if you want Advance and Compact 2/Impact in a nutshell- that's OG2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've played OG1 and OG2, it should be EASY to pick up Japanese SRWs. The Seishins are easy to memorize, and also with the descriptions on them it's easy to pick up. Like if you see a 30% you know that's Focus. or a 100% is obvious too. Experiment with it, etc. Or just play W since it's easy and you can still beat the level even if you're experimenting what each Seishin does... That or just use this site for everything lol

http://akurasu.net/wiki/index.php?title=Super_Robot_Wars

Skills are also a bit of a pain unless you memorize them based on the cost (Eg. Focused Attack in SRW Z is the 3rd 1000 PP *Pilot points* on the 3rd page of the skill list)

On another not anyone else besides me thinks that Shurouga and Asakim may mark the return of Cybuster to the Non-OG series?

Skills are also a bit of a pain unless you memorize them based on the cost (Eg. Focused Attack in SRW Z is the 3rd 1000 PP *Pilot points* on the 3rd page of the skill list)

On another not anyone else besides me thinks that Shurouga and Asakim may mark the return of Cybuster to the Non-OG series?

Ah...I dont think so but if Cybuster returns, I will be more happy if he comes with his team.

I'd also love to see the Masoukishin cast, but don't Winkysoft still hold the rights to them so Banpresto can't put them in (apart from Cybaster, Granzon and Valsion - the ones that were in SRW2/3 first)

It's good to see the original timeline somewhat revived in OG. Hopefully GUEST are coming up soon... unless WS own them too...

I'd also love to see the Masoukishin cast, but don't Winkysoft still hold the rights to them so Banpresto can't put them in (apart from Cybaster, Granzon and Valsion - the ones that were in SRW2/3 first)

It's good to see the original timeline somewhat revived in OG. Hopefully GUEST are coming up soon... unless WS own them too...

That was just a rumor that has already been disproven just like the Huckebein rumor

• 1 month later...

And I was just thinking about a Super Robot board today.

Course I've played some of the games. Currently knocking around SRW Alpha Gaiden, just started playing it. At the moment I'm currently stuck on Act 6. sneaking past the enemy patrols is a pain (Anyone accomplish this?)

Can't wait to get Masaki and the others.

Edited by Urvin1

They're all pretty easy these days; bosses were at their hardest in the classic series. That was when Neo Granzon, the GUEST, the Inspectors, etc were real bastards to take down. Then again, even Aura Battler grunts were also huge pains back then. Bosses in the series in general aren't exceptionally hard- they're more akin to super powered mooks than some great nemesis. Spend your SP properly and they go down with 1-3 turns and you take minimal damage and no casualties in the new games.

You betcha, I remember one map in SRW4 for the SNES. At first, there were only (strong) Z and ZZ Gundam guys. But then, like 5 turns later, shitloads of Aura Battlers come. Then 2 turns later, even more! There were like 12 bosses, it was damn hard.

I've played all of the SFC ones, except the Masou Kishin one. Plus the GBA ones, liking SRWD a lot(Heats FTW), SRWW and Alpha(which is one of the best ever)

I wonder why they do not put Dunbine on the portables, I mean, it's just 5 meters taller than a regular Tekkaman.

They need to make another SRW with Getter Robo Armageddon. Then you'll get your heats song again :D

Heats is just too damn awesome, and the Armageddon version is charismatic.

HOLY SHIT BLACK GETTER ON A HANDHELD.

Is the list for SRWK already released?

Heats is just too damn awesome, and the Armageddon version is charismatic.

HOLY SHIT BLACK GETTER ON A HANDHELD.

Is the list for SRWK already released?

yes, it was revealed in Famitsu.

yes, it was revealed in Famitsu.

SHIN JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG, ON A FUCKING HANDHELD.

Though other than Virtual-ON, Mazinger Z and Gundam SD, I don't know any of the others.

NO UC GUNDAM ON THE DS IS A FREAKIN SHAME. I WANT KAMILLE AND I WANT CHAR, NAO.

yeah Zeta Gundam would be nice as well as Char's counterattack would be nice.

UC Gundam all around would be AWSUM.

And no Tekkaman this time, what a SHAME

SHAME.

No Gaogaigar :(

GaoGaiGar had enuff space on SRWW and SRW@3.

NO LAYZNER, THAT THING WAS AWESOME.

And the lack of older Super Robots disgust me so much. SRWJ got it right with Combattler V and Voltes V, but after that....

Why not Daitarn,why not Daimos, much more AWESOME.

GaoGaiGar had enuff space on SRWW and SRW@3.

NO LAYZNER, THAT THING WAS AWESOME.

And the lack of older Super Robots disgust me so much. SRWJ got it right with Combattler V and Voltes V, but after that....

Why not Daitarn,why not Daimos, much more AWESOME.

Combattler V and Voltes v make me sick, they appeare in almost any game I play. Need more Code gease, Layzner, Dunbine and Rockman

To Urvin: kick their ass, 1 point is not enough for the pain you gonna take

Edited by Sky

Combattler V and Voltes v make me sick, they appeare in almost any game I play. Need more Code gease, Layzner, Dunbine and Rockman

When the name is SUPER ROBOT Wars....

Also, why Combattler and Voltes make you sick?

Amended!

L-Gaim, too.

They should have put Golion in again :(.

I found GoLion to be quite boring.

Dancouga is much more awesome.

And dammit, why can't Terada use PatLabor!

I found GoLion to be quite boring.

Dancouga is much more awesome.

And dammit, why can't Terada use PatLabor!

Patlabor would be a little weird to put in IMO. Though it would make some nice cannon-fodder bosses for the game.