Super Robot Wars

Rei

No, it's not. It originally came out in the Getter Robo Go series which was in 1993. Then in 1995 was used in SRW.

What? The design was the same too? Or it's different from the one in SRW4?

Still, Mazinger, as much as the original one is quite "meh", is the series' staple.

You can't have a Super Robot game without THE Super Robot.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question: Is anybody else like me when you use one character to solo everything and try to max out (with upgrades) that character's mech first before anything else?

aka, Lamia, Calvina, Bullet(just cause he has the Huckebein's gravity cannon)

Hmm, I tend to have my favorite characters to kill more enemy and have more upgrade. But solo? No...

Who is Calvina anyway? Is she the mexican girl who wish to become a dancer?

Hmm, I tend to have my favorite characters to kill more enemy and have more upgrade. But solo? No...

Who is Calvina anyway? Is she the mexican girl who wish to become a dancer?

Calvina is the bouncing female protagonist in SRWJ.

As for Calvina, it's not like I literally only use her to kill every enemy out there. It's just that later in the game, she's the only one who can destroy hoards of enemies without being hit... (they ignore her after awhile, since her avoid is too high to even hit).

I'm developing Kira now (along with Blade) , as he's basically just as good, and I'm biased.

And did anybody else find that battleships make for great tankers in SRTJ? I have them solo a lot of enemies, and enemies usually come after them first. Now both my captains (Yurica and Murrue) have those stars next to their name, or whatever they're called.

Edited by Eltoshen

As for Calvina, it's not like I literally only use her to kill every enemy out there. It's just that later in the game, she's the only one who can destroy hoards of enemies without being hit... (they ignore her after awhile, since her avoid is too high to even hit).

I'm developing Kira now (along with Blade) , as he's basically just as good, and I'm biased.

And did anybody else find that battleships make for great tankers in SRTJ? I have them solo a lot of enemies, and enemies usually come after them first. Now both my captains (Yurica and Murrue) have those stars next to their name, or whatever they're called.

Tekkaman and Layzner both have goddamn awesome Avoid.

Kira, not so much.

The Battleships always were tanks, as far as I'm concerned.

And the A* next to the name is related to the kill number, while the other star means that you gave the "series" a bonus.

Well, I guess so.

Kira's MAP attack is a definite plus though; since it's one of the best in the game. And I hate how many MAP attacks are only straight lines in this game.

Domon's God Gundam MAP attack is quite good to not do any friendly fire, as well as Eiji's V-MAXIMUM.

What? The design was the same too? Or it's different from the one in SRW4?

Still, Mazinger, as much as the original one is quite "meh", is the series' staple.

You can't have a Super Robot game without THE Super Robot.

It's the exact same robot.

It's the exact same robot.

Oh, I see.Kinda weird, as SRW4 Shin Getter 3 is a little different from some other versions.

My main problem with the original Mazinger is that the feeling that the original Mazinger theme, and Fire Wars give are different.

Plus Mazinkaiser!Kouji is hotter better looking.

Edited by Skasha

Domon's God Gundam MAP attack is quite good to not do any friendly fire, as well as Eiji's V-MAXIMUM.

Kira's doesn't hit the ally either. And his has the widest range and IIRC, does a lot of damage.

Edited by Eltoshen

Kira's doesn't hit the ally either. And his has the widest range and IIRC, does a lot of damage.

Kira's main problem it that Freedom Gundam just swallows EN, and it has average avoid.

Kira's main problem it that Freedom Gundam just swallows EN, and it has average avoid.

The Freedom's avoid is more than enough. o-O Seriously, it isn't top tier at dodging but it's good enough to dodge attacks around 95% of the time when fully upgraded (not counting the favorite bonus upgrades). And if you're looking for a unit that dodges 100% of the time, you should be looking at the brain units anyways. <3 Nelly Brain.

And regarding EN drainage: that goes for many characters. At least his ammo doesn't run out out of nowhere, since EN keeps charging. Besides, he could just sit in the battleship for one turn and recharge most of his EN. That's what I do with Calvina. Or...maybe you aren't used to soloing groups of enemies with one character, which is understandable. XD

In any case, I generally don't like using any Super Robots, besides Zeorymer, that is, since they get hit too often...which is annoying.

The Freedom's avoid is more than enough. o-O Seriously, it isn't top tier at dodging but it's good enough to dodge attacks around 95% of the time when fully upgraded (not counting the favorite bonus upgrades). And if you're looking for a unit that dodges 100% of the time, you should be looking at the brain units anyways. <3 Nelly Brain.

And regarding EN drainage: that goes for many characters. At least his ammo doesn't run out out of nowhere, since EN keeps charging. Besides, he could just sit in the battleship for one turn and recharge most of his EN. That's what I do with Calvina. Or...maybe you aren't used to soloing groups of enemies with one character, which is understandable. XD

In any case, I generally don't like using any Super Robots, besides Zeorymer, that is, since they get hit too often...which is annoying.

Meh, for a Real Robot, specially the newer ones, the avoid is kinda average.

And I just don't like the Brains at all, other than the Tag attacks, they're not so good.

I'm quite used to take out legions of 15k+ enemies with Tekkaman and Layzner(both away from each other though)

Mazinkaiser is the best Super Robot in the game, the damage it does is obscene.

Oh crap, I forgot to mention Kouji and Tetsuya. I use them too. XD

And Boss. He's at least upper tier.

BTW, can you give me a link to some tier lists for this game?

And Boss. He's at least upper tier.

BTW, can you give me a link to some tier lists for this game?

Boss? He...sucks. Dx

URR...I mean...talk about a unit that can't hold their own very well against groups of enemies like a Super Robot should. Actually, I can't even tell what he is. He's like a Super Robot wannabe Real Robot who sucks at both. :X

lol Boss Borot...

Shin Getter Robo is amazing. Though which game you guys talking about? If it's Z, then every unit is good (for the most part)

Edited by Rei

Boss? He...sucks. Dx

URR...I mean...talk about a unit that can't hold their own very well against groups of enemies like a Super Robot should. Actually, I can't even tell what he is. He's like a Super Robot wannabe Real Robot who sucks at both. :X

He has more offense then Aphrodite A, Venus A, and can heal both HP, and recharge EN/Ammo.

Boss and Aki are top tier at least.

And Rei, we are talking about SRWJ

lol Boss Borot...

Shin Getter Robo is amazing. Though which game you guys talking about? If it's Z, then every unit is good (for the most part)

Not only that, if it's shot down it doesn't cost a thing to repair

Not only that, if it's shot down it doesn't cost a thing to repair

It's costs like 10 bucks, he's made of junk after all.

He has more offense then Aphrodite A, Venus A, and can heal both HP, and recharge EN/Ammo.

Boss and Aki are top tier at least.

And Rei, we are talking about SRWJ

Boss is rather good in SRWJ, not like in the previous game when he takes forever to cross the whole map....

And dont forget Daitarn 3 and Zambot 3, they are awesome themself and double awesome when combine.

Edited by Char

Boss is rather good in SRWJ, not like in the previous game when he takes forever to cross the whole map....

And dont forget Daitarn 3 and Zambot 3, they are awesome themself and double awesome when combine.

Daitran 3 is my faovrite Super Robot. The guy is just a pimpin' spoof of James Bond and Batman, with a 120 meters tall robot that is powered by the freakin SUN, has a kickass waiter, and GETS HIS FUCKING MEELLEE WEAPONS FROM HIS FEEEEEET

was actually talking about srtw boss, but XD, wrong game

and lol, I didn't know he costed only 10 to repair.

SRWJ is his best incarnation. EVER.