• Briefs
    • Thongs
    • Boyshorts
  2. 2. Bras

• Underwire
    • Pushup
    • Sports

19 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Question for the ladies. (men too I guess--but more interested in hearing what the ladies have to say about this one)

Would you consider yourself to be a feminist? Why or why not? 

What does the word "feminist" mean to you? 

I don't consider myself a feminist, because I don't think of equal women's rights as something special to fight for, but something so obviously normal that it doesn't make any fucking sense not to have them.

I guess my pov on this issue is irrelevant though, because I live in a country that passed those rights into litigation and legalized abortion long ago, and is forcing companies to hire more women into high ranking positions.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably be best if we left the feminism discussion to Serious Discussion.

What's the longest anyone has gotten their hair?  For me, it was halfway down my back after I had gone without a haircut for a couple of years.  I donated it when I got it cut, and they were excited that my color was natural.  Now, my hair's a bit shorter, since it can get in the way at work.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would probably be best if we left the feminism discussion to Serious Discussion.

What's the longest anyone has gotten their hair?  For me, it was halfway down my back after I had gone without a haircut for a couple of years.  I donated it when I got it cut, and they were excited that my color was natural.  Now, my hair's a bit shorter, since it can get in the way at work.

On my head :P:

So since a few days ago, google ads have stopped shoveling "meet russian/Ukrainian/Japanese women" "ten tips to get a larger penis" and other obviously male oriented type ads into my face, only to replace them with stuff like "this woman didn't believe what she saw when her husband showed her his bank account" "one trick to losing weight that leaves doctors amazed", and my personal favourite "10 foods to eat if you want to have larger breasts".

So, my fellow ladies, what do you eat to make your breastices bigger?

6 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

Wtf. Nothing. Mine are fine.

6 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

Anmitsu.  Trust me on this.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:47 PM, Rezzy said:

Several times, I've thought about making threads for critically examining gender in Fire Emblem, but I just haven't had the time for a proper write-up (plus I haven't played all the games), and usually those discussions pop up enough in other threads. I'm down for a feminism thread and I'd definitely post there, but I feel like I'm not qualified enough to start the thread.

Longest my hair's ever been was down just past my shoulders. Full on Jesus hair.

25 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Wtf. Nothing. Mine are fine.

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Oh say can you C?

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Mine are perfect for my build.

Can't argue with perfection

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I don't know what mine are, but they work. Maybe B or C? D is the biggest right?

D is the biggest of the common sizes, but there's technically no limit on how big the size can get.  I think the rule is for every inch your bust is above the chest measurement, you get a letter size, so A=1 inch, D=4 inches, etc.  There's also a bit of variation between brands and such, so you might be B in one brand and C in another, but I think @Infinite Dreams is the sizing expert for bras here.

12 minutes ago, Johann said:

Several times, I've thought about making threads for critically examining gender in Fire Emblem, but I just haven't had the time for a proper write-up (plus I haven't played all the games), and usually those discussions pop up enough in other threads. I'm down for a feminism thread and I'd definitely post there, but I feel like I'm not qualified enough to start the thread.

...I'll probably start a general feminism and gender discussion thread over in serious discussion at some point. I feel comfortable enough getting that one started. 

On 4/7/2018 at 12:47 PM, Rezzy said:

Long hairs another one of those things that's sexy to look at. But when you live with a girl who actually has it, it's one big mess of: how did that get THERE and why am I the only one cleaning the clogged shower drains??? 

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

...I'll probably start a general feminism and gender discussion thread over in serious discussion at some point. I feel comfortable enough getting that one started. 

Long hairs another one of those things that's sexy to look at. But when you live with a girl who actually has it, it's one big mess of: how did that get THERE and why am I the only one cleaning the clogged shower drains??? 

It might be splitting hairs, but I'd like a gender thread that doesn't involve feminism.  I like talking about the psychology aspect of gender and sexuality, but anytime feminism comes into the mix, it makes me uncomfortable.

I have to draino our drains pretty often.  They become a plug of toothpaste, loose hairs, and beard/leg hair shavings.

On the subject of breasts, I had a bit of experience with augmentation back when I was doing a plastics rotation.  We had one patient with Poland Syndrome who wanted to be more symmetrical.  And there were some breast cancer patients who transferred abdominal fat northwards to replace the tissue that had turned to the dark side.

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Right on, brother. I still am considering a critique of gender in FE thread at some point, if only because it would draw more attention from the people who need that kind of education the most.

Remember, cleaning the shower drain is an act of love. Nothing keeps a romance strong quite like taking initiative to get the dirty work done so others don't have to even think about it. A haiku:

The water flows quick
Into the drain, never slows
Our love is like that

6 hours ago, Johann said:

Remember, cleaning the shower drain is an act of love. Nothing keeps a romance strong quite like taking initiative to get the dirty work done so others don't have to even think about it. A haiku:

The water flows quick
Into the drain, never slows
Our love is like that

Current "romance" be like:

Went to bed naked.
Itched. Found your hair in my crack.
How did it get there?  

...marriage...

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It might be splitting hairs, but I'd like a gender thread that doesn't involve feminism.  I like talking about the psychology aspect of gender and sexuality, but anytime feminism comes into the mix, it makes me uncomfortable.

I'd be more inclined to expand the scope of the dialogue rather than narrow it.

It saddens me that feminist thought has been so tarnished in the popular culture that a comfortable-in-her-sexuality, professional woman like yourself would feel that uncomfortable approaching it. One thing I would perhaps want to do in such a thread is represent a less--toxic--side of the community.  Make the subject matter a bit more comfortable to approach for people who have come to associate it with its worst elements. 

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

...I feel like I'm on the outside of an inside joke here. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

8 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I'd be more inclined to expand the scope of the dialogue rather than narrow it.

It saddens me that feminist thought has been so tarnished in the popular culture that a comfortable-in-her-sexuality, professional woman like yourself would feel that uncomfortable approaching it. One thing I would perhaps want to do in such a thread is represent a less--toxic--side of the community.  Make the subject matter a bit more comfortable to approach for people who have come to associate it with its worst elements.

Agreed. Real feminism is all about education and equality anyway. The caricature of the "feminazi" is just a blatant stereotype created by people who feel threatened by the idea of women being equal to men.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Agreed. Real feminism is all about education and equality anyway. The caricature of the "feminazi" is just a blatant stereotype created by people who feel threatened by the idea of women being equal to men.

Eh.

I truly think that some people take it too far.  But there are unreasonable people in all causes.  To dismiss something because of its fanatics doesn't do it justice.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Starting with "what is anmitsu", right? :P:

Not gonna lie--I googled it.

Then just out of an abundance of curiosity, googled "anmitsu" + "breast size"  (the results were...edifying...)

Two (2) possibilities:

1)  You're making fun of the obnoxiously large, unrealistic breast sizes in a certain hentai doujin 

2) I have no absolutely no idea what you're talking about 

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Not gonna lie--I googled it.

Then just out of an abundance of curiosity, googled "anmitsu" + "breast size"  (the results were...edifying...)

Two (2) possibilities:

1)  You're making fun of the obnoxiously large, unrealistic breast sizes in a certain hentai doujin 

2) I have no absolutely no idea what you're talking about 

I speak from personal experience. :P:

And of course, the right to let one make their own decisions with their consent. Nobody makes their decisions in a vacuum, everyone has influences that weigh on their decisions, but, humans should be as free as they reasonably can.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Starting with "what is anmitsu", right? :P:

A quick lookup and it seems like something edible and possibly delightful healthy desert. Unfortunately I never grew out of childhood habits when it comes to my palette, limiting its intake of healthy stuff. A slight Japanophilia wants me to try to like that red bean paste common to Japanese deserts though- not that I really have any normal chances to try it. 

I'd like to try going cold turkey and going ascetic on my diet some day. Nix the meat entirely and overhaul the rest, forcing myself to eat nothing but healthy day in and day out should do me good.