Mobile Gaming Thread

MacLovin

Yo since there's a very active FE Heroes subforum and an active Fate: Grand Order thread, I was wondering if there are any other mobile games that you guys are into.

I've found Brave Frontier to be a power creeping mess of a game. Kind of a shame since it seems like it'd be fun if it was balanced. I hear Grand Summoners is the spiritual successor though.  Gumi Inc. has had some decent mobile SRPGs like Alchemist Code, but that game's almost P2Win.

FF:Record Keeper and the rest of the square enix mobile games are sorta fun, but the timesink is enormous and I'm not that much of an S.E. fan. On the other hand, it's nowhere near as fucked by power creep as Puzzles & Dragons has gotten.

I'm looking forward to Marvel First Strike to scratch my superhero itch. DC Legends is an enourmous timesink and grindfest that makes FGO/FeH look like chumps. 

I used to play Tales of Link but i deleted it for two reasons.

1. Tales of Link and FE Heroes were both competing for storage space. 
  2. The powercreep is real. There are parts of the story mode that are just straight-up impossible unless you have really good units because the enemies just hit so hard.

Still, i enjoyed it but in the end, it had to go.

I haven't tried any other big mobile games, mainly because storage space. That and i'm not sure if i'll have the time for it. I mean, my play time with Tales of Link dropped significantly after Heroes came out.

On the smaller side of mobile gaming, i've been playing these mobile JRPGs by Kemco. They aren't anything mindblowing and they are pretty short (10-15 hours per playthrough) but they are all pretty decent and enjoyable. You can also find some of them on the 3DS, Wii U and Switch eShop.

I'm not big into mobile games but I have Heroes and Fate:GO and I enjoy them. I'm excited for Danmemo (From the series- Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon?) that's coming out soon! It has an original story and since I like the series so much, more content is great! 

(If anyone is interested in Danmemo you can preregister now at this site: https://en.danmemo.com/ to get in-game rewards!)

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the smaller side of mobile gaming, i've been playing these mobile JRPGs by Kemco. They aren't anything mindblowing and they are pretty short (10-15 hours per playthrough) but they are all pretty decent and enjoyable. You can also find some of them on the 3DS, Wii U and Switch eShop.

I have Asdivine Hearts and I really like it! I haven't finished it yet because I got busy while I was playing it but I might just start over someday. 

Anyone played the game "Sorcery!"? It's on the App Store and steam, it's a choose your own adventure book with visuals, ambient sounds/cool soundtrack and a few mini games across the 4 games. You can also transfer your adventure from game to game, to have a unique experience every time.

Aside from Fire Emblem Heroes and Fate/Grand Order, I messed around with Shadowverse and Gems of War (mainly on PC, but they have mobile versions). I do not actively play those two games anymore since I have plenty of other games vying for my attention, but I found them to be fun.

Shadowverse can essentially be described as "Anime Hearthstone" since the game mechanics are very similar (they are both collectible card games). I enjoyed Hearthstone but grew disillusioned with how Blizzard operates, so I just hopped over to Shadowverse instead. One thing I liked about Shadowverse is its story mode. While nothing spectacular, it is voice acted. I was surprised to see the VA for Sakura from Fates (Brianna Knickerbocker) play one of the characters in Shadowverse.

I picked up Gems of War because it reminded me of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (and it is by the same people). It is a matching game, but gathered gems generate mana for your forces to use their abilities while matching skulls deals damage directly to the enemy. That is pretty much it as I never got into the PvP side of things (I never managed to finish all of the PvE). So, if you like matching games with a hint of RPG/Strategy, try out Gems of War.

18 minutes ago, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

I have Asdivine Hearts and I really like it! I haven't finished it yet because I got busy while I was playing it but I might just start over someday. 

Ooooh, Asdivine Hearts was pretty fun. My only complaint with it was that there was no maps in the dungeons, which made it really easy to get lost. And getting lost in a game with random encounters is not fun. The sequel fixed this.

Actually, one problem shard across all of the Kemco games i've played is that the true final boss always requires a bit of grinding. I don't know why. It's like the only times i ever have to grind in these games. The exception to this was Asdivine Dios because there's a character with a 10-hit attack and there's a gem that increases the attack power of females. Combine that with the fusion moves and you get a unique move that is powerful enough to one-shot the "normal" final boss and made the true final boss pretty much a cakewalk.

The current Kecmo JRPG that i'm playing is Fernz Gate. I'm at the true final dungeon. I just haven't beaten it because i got there right around the time Xenoblade 2 came out and then i got caught up in other things.

10 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I've found Brave Frontier to be a power creeping mess of a game. Kind of a shame since it seems like it'd be fun if it was balanced.

Ah, Brave Frontier…I originally started it because of the VOCALOID crossover event so I could have Miku and Luka but promptly managed to not pull Luka once(even though I got both Kagamines and KAITO). The gameplay was alright, but getting the stuff to try for a new Summon felt tedious, and half the time your Summon got you some random nothing-Unit, so that combined with storage issues eventually killed the game for me. I have it backed up to a FaceBook account, though, so I could go back if I wanted to. I DO still need Luka after all...

Anyways, the mobile Tekken game isn't too shabby all things considered. The roster's really small right now compared to other Tekken games - I think it's Kazuya, Nina, Katarina, Xiaoyu, Law, Asuka, Panda, Bob, Steve, Bruce, Christie, Marduk, Rodeo, and that one Arab guy, with Jin and King in the game's data but so far seemingly unsummonable - and you only start with Kazuya and Nina at 1S rarity, but the gameplay's not bad, if a touch repetitive. The main issue I have with it is that you can't upgrade rarity for a fighter, you have to obtain 10 Fragments or else Summon the fighter at a higher rarity, so your dojo squad can get a bit messy to keep track of, especially if you start getting 3-4S fighters.

I also play KHuX. The main issue with that one is that there's too many Xion Medals to put in a single Keyblade the Story takes FOREVER - I passed Quest 666 yesterday and I'm still only about 40% done with the main Story. If there's anyone wanting to join a Party on there, btw, I've got one set up that you guys can join, though I think you have to be in the Snake Union to do it because that's the one I'm in, but hey, it's easier to get a higher rank with multiple people working in a Party, so yeah. I'll post my ID on here if anyone's interested.

Edited by SoulWeaver
typo fix

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ah, Brave Frontier…I originally started it because of the VOCALOID crossover event so I could have Miku and Luka but promptly managed to not pull Luka once(even though I got both Kagamines and KAITO). The gameplay was alright, but getting the stuff to try for a new Summon felt tedious, and half the time your Summon got you some random nothing-Unit, so that combined with storage issues eventually killed the game for me. I have it backed up to a FaceBook account, though, so I could go back if I wanted to. I DO still need Luka after all...

Anways, the mobile Tekken game isn't too shabby all things considered. The roster's really small right now compared to other Tekken games - I think it's Kazuya, Nina, Katarina, Xiaoyu, Law, Asuka, Panda, Bob, Steve, Bruce, Christie, Marduk, Rodeo, and that one Arab guy, with Jin and King in the game's data but so far seemingly unsummonable - and you only start with Kazuya and Nina at 1S rarity, but the gameplay's not bad, if a touch repetitive. The main issue I have with it is that you can't upgrade rarity for a fighter, you have to obtain 10 Fragments or else Summon the fighter at a higher rarity, so your dojo squad can get a bit messy to keep track of, especially if you start getting 3-4S fighters.

I also play KHuX. The main issue with that one is that there's too many Xion Medals to put in a single Keyblade the Story takes FOREVER - I passed Quest 666 yesterday and I'm still only about 40% done with the main Story. If there's anyone wanting to join a Party on there, btw, I've got one set up that you guys can join, though I think you have to be in the Snake Union to do it because that's the one I'm in, but hey, it's easier to get a higher rank with multiple people working in a Party, so yeah. I'll post my ID on here if anyone's interested.

it's a shame that I can't put more than FGO and FeH on my phone tho.

Tekken sounds fun. Marvel's Conquest of Champions is also a decent mobile fighter if you're into that.

Current: Brave Frontier 2, Brave Exvius(JP), Makai Wars

21 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Bloat Frontier. Anyway, ironic that Vocaloid is what got you in it, Vocaloid was the last thing I did in that game before I put it down. I wanted Priestess Miku, then they released Twinkle Snow Miku, then right after that, Senbonzakura Miku... it's a limited edition shitshow in other words. (sound familiar?)

The really funny thing is that you're talking about getting dud units, and you came in after the summoning was "improved", just some food for thought

15 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Current: Brave Frontier 2, Brave Exvius(JP), Makai Wars

Bloat Frontier. Anyway, ironic that Vocaloid is what got you in it, Vocaloid was the last thing I did in that game before I put it down. I wanted Priestess Miku, then they released Twinkle Snow Miku, then right after that, Senbonzakura Miku... it's a limited edition shitshow in other words. (sound familiar?)

The really funny thing is that you're talking about getting dud units, and you came in after the summoning was "improved", just some food for thought

wait there's a brave frontier 2?

is it still a powercrept mess?

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

wait there's a brave frontier 2?

is it still a powercrept mess?

Yes, and no powercreeping yet. It's pretty balanced for the time being, considering it's a month old.

The producer said he disliked how unbalanced BF1 ended up, so they're apparently going to try to be better about that. Or words to that effect

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ooooh, Asdivine Hearts was pretty fun. My only complaint with it was that there was no maps in the dungeons, which made it really easy to get lost. And getting lost in a game with random encounters is not fun. The sequel fixed this.

Actually, one problem shard across all of the Kemco games i've played is that the true final boss always requires a bit of grinding. I don't know why. It's like the only times i ever have to grind in these games. The exception to this was Asdivine Dios because there's a character with a 10-hit attack and there's a gem that increases the attack power of females. Combine that with the fusion moves and you get a unique move that is powerful enough to one-shot the "normal" final boss and made the true final boss pretty much a cakewalk.

The current Kecmo JRPG that i'm playing is Fernz Gate. I'm at the true final dungeon. I just haven't beaten it because i got there right around the time Xenoblade 2 came out and then i got caught up in other things.

I forgot about that! Yeah if they had a map in that game it would be even better, I'm glad the sequel fixed it. I've got to play that too.

Huh that's weird, I'm not sure about the other games but in AD you could just change the difficulty to the easiest setting and then auto battle until your ready to fight the boss I think, then just change the difficulty back- if it lets you change difficulty mid-game that is... (pretty sure it does).  Good tip for Asdivine Dios, I'll keep that in mind for when I play that one!

Yeah Xenoblade 2 is awesome! I'm not very far cause I'm waiting for a when I have a bit more free time to dedicate, but I'm looking forward to playing it more soon. 

I have so many games that I want to finish, it's a good thing but man! One of these days!

6 hours ago, Soledai said:

I arrived just in time for the Sakura Miku Event but missed her because I was trying for Luka. KAITO and the Kagamines weren't really 'dud Units' per se, I still set them as my Water, Thunder, and Light Units for my team, with regular Miku as my Earth and…this one cat girl as my Dark. I don't remember her name, she was just my first high-rarity pull so I decided I'd use her. I think that was my team - only five Units, right? If you can use six I have no clue who my Fire was. Anyways, I didn't find the three VOCALOIDS I did pull to be duds, they just…weren't Luka. I did run into an awful lot of copies of this one guy I don't remember but definitely didn't want, though…
How's BF2? Does the story stand on its own or would I need to go look up how BF1 went? I don't really remember what story I played through, just that the girl who was your guide was kinda cute - her name was…Tillith?

Also, as far as limited-edition shows go, to be honest I've been waiting for FEH crossovers to happen so I can see what they'd plan on doing with it, especially after someone put up a custom Winter Tiki and I only saw the headphones and thought it was a TWEWY Tiki and I realized TWEWFEH is an event I'd totally play. Also because I want Luka in pretty much everything. Fire Emblem Heroes Luka Summon? Sounds good to me. Luka Medal in KHuX? Sure, why not? Luka in Tekken? …eh…I guess not everything...

Edited by SoulWeaver
Clarification

6 hours ago, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

Huh that's weird, I'm not sure about the other games but in AD you could just change the difficulty to the easiest setting and then auto battle until your ready to fight the boss

Well yeah, every Kemco JRPG lets you do that. Some of them, like Infinite Dunamis, for example, punish you for it by not letting you change the difficulty for 20 battles after you've changed it.

But it's not really the grind itself that bothers me, it's that every Kemco JRPG except for Asdivine Dios requires a bit of a grind for the true final boss. 

That reminds me, i like how Kemco JRPGs handle multiple endings. You've got the normal, true and bad endings but the bad ending only happens if you actually lose the final fight. I really like that. You get the bad ending for losing the deciding battle instead of making a choice or just forgetting to do something that seemed insignificant. Of course, that means you'll rarely see the bad ending (i've only ever seen Infinite Dunamis' bad end because i thought that losing would just send me back to the title screen) but still, that's a nice way to handle it.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

I arrived just in time for the Sakura Miku Event but missed her because I was trying for Luka. KAITO and the Kagamines weren't really 'dud Units' per se, I still set them as my Water, Thunder, and Light Units for my team, with regular Miku as my Earth and…this one cat girl as my Dark. I don't remember her name, she was just my first high-rarity pull so I decided I'd use her. I think that was my team - only five Units, right? If you can use six I have no clue who my Fire was. Anyways, I didn't find the three VOCALOIDS I did pull to be duds, they just…weren't Luka. I did run into an awful lot of copies of this one guy I don't remember but definitely didn't want, though…
How's BF2? Does the story stand on its own or would I need to go look up how BF1 went? I don't really remember what story I played through, just that the girl who was your guide was kinda cute - her name was…Tillith?

Also, as far as limited-edition shows go, to be honest I've been waiting for FEH crossovers to happen so I can see what they'd plan on doing with it, especially after someone put up a custom Winter Tiki and I only saw the headphones and thought it was a TWEWY Tiki and I realized TWEWFEH is an event I'd totally play. Also because I want Luka in pretty much everything. Fire Emblem Heroes Luka Summon? Sounds good to me. Luka Medal in KHuX? Sure, why not? Luka in Tekken? …eh…I guess not everything...

Oh no, when I said dud units, I meant the "random nothing units" you mentioned. If the catgirl is who I'm thinking, that might've been Nyami, who, yeah, is very good.

And yeah, only five units... except in BF2 where you can use six of your own if you want, you don't need to use a friend if you don't want to. As for story, it's a direct sequel, so yeah some pre-existing knowledge helps, but they do give you the info dump of BF1 before the game starts. If you're not comfortable with nipponese, but still interested, I'm confident a global version is on the way. Also, best guide, who is also best girl's name is Tilith, yes.

I have a mixed opinion on LEs and crossover collabs in FE(and in general, really). On one hand, they have enough totally-not-greed-strat$ without throwing actual 'one time only' units in the mix, but on the other hand... I think it'd be neat, at the very least. I'm one of those odd ones who'd want a Mega Man X event in these mobage, honestly. I'm a-okay with Luka everywhere

brave frontier was fun until i realized that the only way to beat high level content was by getting a bunch of damage mitigaters that are hard to roll for

fuck powercreep in that particular game.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well yeah, every Kemco JRPG lets you do that. Some of them, like Infinite Dunamis, for example, punish you for it by not letting you change the difficulty for 20 battles after you've changed it.

But it's not really the grind itself that bothers me, it's that every Kemco JRPG except for Asdivine Dios requires a bit of a grind for the true final boss. 

That reminds me, i like how Kemco JRPGs handle multiple endings. You've got the normal, true and bad endings but the bad ending only happens if you actually lose the final fight. I really like that. You get the bad ending for losing the deciding battle instead of making a choice or just forgetting to do something that seemed insignificant. Of course, that means you'll rarely see the bad ending (i've only ever seen Infinite Dunamis' bad end because i thought that losing would just send me back to the title screen) but still, that's a nice way to handle it.

Oh, ok, good to know. 

Yeah that’s weird, I’m looking forward to Asdivine Dios then!

Yeah I really like multiple endings! That’s interesting how if you lose the final fight you can get a bad ending. I like the little touches in games, they didn’t have to add the bad ending when you lose, but they did, which I like. Multiple endings make me want to play games again, I like games with replayability.

13 hours ago, Soledai said:

Oh no, when I said dud units, I meant the "random nothing units" you mentioned. If the catgirl is who I'm thinking, that might've been Nyami, who, yeah, is very good.

And yeah, only five units... except in BF2 where you can use six of your own if you want, you don't need to use a friend if you don't want to. As for story, it's a direct sequel, so yeah some pre-existing knowledge helps, but they do give you the info dump of BF1 before the game starts. If you're not comfortable with nipponese, but still interested, I'm confident a global version is on the way. Also, best guide, who is also best girl's name is Tilith, yes.

I have a mixed opinion on LEs and crossover collabs in FE(and in general, really). On one hand, they have enough totally-not-greed-strat$ without throwing actual 'one time only' units in the mix, but on the other hand... I think it'd be neat, at the very least. I'm one of those odd ones who'd want a Mega Man X event in these mobage, honestly. I'm a-okay with Luka everywhere

Zero as a Red Sword Unit? I'll Summon for that.

And yeah, Nyami, she was busted throughout all the Story I ended up playing(so not that much). We'll have to see about a global version, but if that happens, I'll give it a chance.

Been playing Valkyrie Connect (a sort of fun game, if you don't really care for meta or good gacha rates) but they've forgotten about male units of late and it's getting dull for me. If you like lots of busty, often skimply clad female units, then this could be the game for you. It has little story segments for each character, which is the reason I'm still playing. It's pretty fun :) 

I did try FFRK for a while, but I find it a bit too hard to progress and a bit samey. I like the fact you can get any character without relying on gacha, though. Weapons need gacha, but oh well. 

I'm currently playing FF Dissidia. It's been pretty fun so far, although I'm annoyed that it has events that you get the characters from that don't seem to be repeated. I'm hoping I'll be wrong, 'cos I'd like to have an opportunity to get Squall. Again, no gacha elements to get characters, at least. You do have gacha for weapons, though. 

Tales of Rays seems fun, but too many events that don't suit my play style. I've kept it around, though, in case I want to go back to it. 

Last one I'm playing is Uta no Prince Sama. I have an obsession with Tokiya so I'm enjoying it. I feel their events are stingy on the points, though. 

Fates isn't available in my country and I can't be bothered to emulate, otherwise I might have given that a shot. 

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Been playing Valkyrie Connect (a sort of fun game, if you don't really care for meta or good gacha rates) but they've forgotten about male units of late and it's getting dull for me. If you like lots of busty, often skimply clad female units, then this could be the game for you. It has little story segments for each character, which is the reason I'm still playing. It's pretty fun :) 

I did try FFRK for a while, but I find it a bit too hard to progress and a bit samey. I like the fact you can get any character without relying on gacha, though. Weapons need gacha, but oh well. 

I'm currently playing FF Dissidia. It's been pretty fun so far, although I'm annoyed that it has events that you get the characters from that don't seem to be repeated. I'm hoping I'll be wrong, 'cos I'd like to have an opportunity to get Squall. Again, no gacha elements to get characters, at least. You do have gacha for weapons, though. 

Tales of Rays seems fun, but too many events that don't suit my play style. I've kept it around, though, in case I want to go back to it. 

Last one I'm playing is Uta no Prince Sama. I have an obsession with Tokiya so I'm enjoying it. I feel their events are stingy on the points, though. 

Fates isn't available in my country and I can't be bothered to emulate, otherwise I might have given that a shot. 

isn't valkyrie connect the one where the ranged units are broken as fuck.

Besides Heroes I'm playing Tales of the Rays.
It plays like a real Tales of game.
It's divived into worlds. Each world stands for an own Tales of part. Each map features four enemies, two chests and a boss. It has a similar battle system to the official parts. The map and battle theme is 1 to 1 the original from the actual game.
However the battle controls needs to get used to. Still prefer the good old controller over touchscreen.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

3 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Besides Heroes I'm playing Tales of the Rays.
It plays like a real Tales of game.
It's divived into worlds. Each world stands for an own Tales of part. Each map features four enemies, two chests and a boss. It has a similar battle system to the official parts. The map and battle theme is 1 to 1 the original from the actual game.
However the battle controls needs to get used to. Still prefer the good old controller over touchscreen.

I'm legit curious about tales of the rays. How is the game in terms of content and powercreep?

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

isn't valkyrie connect the one where the ranged units are broken as fuck.

I couldn't tell you, since that stuff washes over me. Personally, the most annoying unit for me is an armour one named Luca who can regenerate her own health. Since the battles are timed, she just becomes a nuisance.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I'm legit curious about tales of the rays. How is the game in terms of content and powercreep?

It includes pretty much each Tales of game, also parts which had a sequel like Symphonia and Xilla are separated.
 Extra stuff is added frequetnly. However I dunno if they're all for free. Haven't bothered with them yet.

Idk what powercreep exactly means (even after searching this term), so I can't give an answer to that question.

There's one little issue I have to mention: it has quite a lot loading times. Way more and longer than in Heroes