Mobile Gaming Thread

MacLovin

1 hour ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Idk what powercreep exactly means (even after searching this term), so I can't give an answer to that question.

Powercreep is when they release characters that are just objectively better than characters that came before it. That happens in every mobile game like this, it's necessary to keep the game alive but there are times where it can get too much. Using Heroes as an example, Brave!Lyn is powercreep. She's objectively the best (or one of the best) Archers in the game. 

If done right, powercreep won't take over the meta. Brave!Lyn is powerful but you don't need her at all. That's powercreep done right. But then you have Tales of Link, where later chapters in the story just get brutally impossible, to the point where you need the best characters or you'll be using precious Hero Stones to keep reviving yourself.

Edited by Armagon

^ Oh thanks!

As for TotR, well, I'm fairly sure powercreep is a thing as well, but rather regarding weapons than characters I'd say.

Tbh I don't pull much at all in TotR, so I can't say for sure.

I'm still focussing on the main story where I change my team from chapter to chapter.

Forgot I used to play GoddessKiss. That was a weird game. All the Units are of course Female(what'd you expect with a name like GoddessKiss?), and once they drop below a certain HP% you get an animation of said girl's clothes exploding off, so that's awkward. The translation from…I think Korean to English was pretty bad too. On the other hand, the mechs are almost all really neat(there are four that I think might have some small design base in the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse), the gameplay concept is interesting even if I think the execution could have been handled better, and I'm pretty sure it caters to if not everyone's kind of girl then fairly close. I've got a link to the Wiki in my About Me if you haven't heard of it, though it wasn't very complete last I checked - I used to do a bunch to contribute to it, then my comp randomly stopped letting me log in to my Wikia account, which, you know, makes it kind of hard to log in and contribute which I'd prefer to do compared to anonymous contribution, then I found Tekken Mobile and decided to offload GoddessKiss for Tekken for a change of pace.

so I've been playing the Danmachi Memoria Freese gacha game that just released in NA.

it's pretty fun.

unlike FGO the gacha is merciful and it seems to be more story centered, just like FGO.

and at this point it's just another waifu simulator. still fun-ish tho.

I'm playing the Dissidia mobile game.  Vincent really wants me to use him.  What do?

(but really, it's funny, and thanks to the gacha, it's pretty easy to make a functioning team)

so i returned to marvel future fight and DC legends.

all i gotta say is that while both games are easy-ish to get into, the meta changes very often and it's a massive grind fest that I wouldn't recommend unless you're a fan.

oh @eclipse how is Dissidia in terms of powercreep? Is it as insane as some of the other gacha games I've seen around?

14 hours ago, Czarpy said:

oh @eclipse how is Dissidia in terms of powercreep? Is it as insane as some of the other gacha games I've seen around?

So far, it's been pretty tame.  The 35 CP weapons just dropped, making a couple characters seem a lot more powerful, but it'll even out.

JP is ahead by a year or something, and it still seems pretty balanced.  Some characters will do their job better than others (RIP Sazh), but everyone's viable.

38 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So far, it's been pretty tame.  The 35 CP weapons just dropped, making a couple characters seem a lot more powerful, but it'll even out.

JP is ahead by a year or something, and it still seems pretty balanced.  Some characters will do their job better than others (RIP Sazh), but everyone's viable.

did they put the FFT characters in there yet?

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

did they put the FFT characters in there yet?

Ramza should show up sometime this month, if the event character timers are what they've been.

In other words, NOW's the time to start!  You'll want the jewels to pull on his banner.  He's a really good support character.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Ramza should show up sometime this month, if the event character timers are what they've been.

In other words, NOW's the time to start!  You'll want the jewels to pull on his banner.  He's a really good support character.

is there a recommended reroll guide?

i might just try this on bluestacks. (FGO/Danmachi take up my phone's memory)

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

is there a recommended reroll guide?

i might just try this on bluestacks. (FGO/Danmachi take up my phone's memory)

Eh.

Current banners are either for later story characters (who are pretty good) or Tidus and Chumps (Tidus is good with his 35 CP weapon, Steiner's decent, and my condolences on Sazh).

Recommended reroll is WoL's weapon on the tutorial pull, and better banners.  I'd do one pull on each, because 15 CP weapons can be equipped on anyone, and trust me when I tell you that not having a good gun will hurt.  If you get Tidus' 35 CP weapon, KEEP IT.  You'll need to charge through Chapter 1, and you need to be fast, because Tidus' event ends in a few hours.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Eh.

Current banners are either for later story characters (who are pretty good) or Tidus and Chumps (Tidus is good with his 35 CP weapon, Steiner's decent, and my condolences on Sazh).

Recommended reroll is WoL's weapon on the tutorial pull, and better banners.  I'd do one pull on each, because 15 CP weapons can be equipped on anyone, and trust me when I tell you that not having a good gun will hurt.  If you get Tidus' 35 CP weapon, KEEP IT.  You'll need to charge through Chapter 1, and you need to be fast, because Tidus' event ends in a few hours.

I pulled 3 copies of Tidus's 5* weapon and one of Sazh's 5* weapon.

got black mage's tutorial weapon. hey it makes things easier.

Edited by Czarpy

One Gacha game I play is called Onmyoji, a story focused game that gives you some strong characters for free. It’s really F2P friendly and has a lot of cool ancient Japanese mythology. If you want to have fun or learn about Japanese mythology, the I recommend playing it. I also play Digimon Links, but I haven’t really played it recently

50 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

One Gacha game I play is called Onmyoji, a story focused game that gives you some strong characters for free. It’s really F2P friendly and has a lot of cool ancient Japanese mythology. If you want to have fun or learn about Japanese mythology, the I recommend playing it. I also play Digimon Links, but I haven’t really played it recently

I've legit been interested in this game but I haven't heard much about it. Does it require a lot of rerolling?

@eclipse Tidus with that 35 cp weapon is broken for newbies.

I've legit been interested in this game but I haven't heard much about it. Does it require a lot of rerolling?

I don’t really know. You can get a lot of good unit just by SR’s. Just playing through the story gets you an SR with a pretty good AoE attack

Yes.  Yes, he is.  It's glorious.

Vincent with his 35 CP takes a bit of finesse to use, but he's absolutely hilarious.  Probably won't get Prishe's, but that's okay.  My core is set, and she'd be a nice extra instead of a necessity.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yes.  Yes, he is.  It's glorious.

Vincent with his 35 CP takes a bit of finesse to use, but he's absolutely hilarious.  Probably won't get Prishe's, but that's okay.  My core is set, and she'd be a nice extra instead of a necessity.

I got Edge and his 35 cp weapon and it's fucking hilarious.

oh and Sahze's 35 cp weapon but I get the feeling he's like fe6 Marcus in this game. Idk why but he looks like he's going to get outclassed later on in the game.

I don't really care too much about the meta but I just want to get a team of waifus starting with Tifa and Yuffie.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I don’t really know. You can get a lot of good unit just by SR’s. Just playing through the story gets you an SR with a pretty good AoE attack

I'm probably gonna give it a shot once the sem ends. If Tamamo No Mae is in it, I'm gonna use her.

on a side note, Danmachi Memoria Freese is really solid and the first month's rewards are really good. You can get up to 2 pick your own SR unit tickets by the end of the first month, and you get a free 4* character and a ton of in-game currency. There's an easy event going on atm and the game is really f2p friendly and follows the story down to the novels it seems. The only drawback is the fucking 3 gigs of space it takes up, but the game's solid as fuck.

25 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I got Edge and his 35 cp weapon and it's fucking hilarious.

oh and Sahze's 35 cp weapon but I get the feeling he's like fe6 Marcus in this game. Idk why but he looks like he's going to get outclassed later on in the game.

I don't really care too much about the meta but I just want to get a team of waifus starting with Tifa and Yuffie.

The only characters with 35 CP weapons are Tidus, Vincent, and Prishe.  Everyone else is 15 CP.

That being said, Edge is absolutely hilarious with Vincent and Zell.  The sheer amount of BRV damage that they can do is mind-boggling.

Y'shtola/Prishe are on the same banner.  Ramza should be Soon.  Laguna best waifu.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:07 AM, eclipse said:

The only characters with 35 CP weapons are Tidus, Vincent, and Prishe.  Everyone else is 15 CP.

That being said, Edge is absolutely hilarious with Vincent and Zell.  The sheer amount of BRV damage that they can do is mind-boggling.

Y'shtola/Prishe are on the same banner.  Ramza should be Soon.  Laguna best waifu.

going to see if i can pull either of their 35 cp weapons. should be fun.

i just want a waifu in a chinese dress for aesthetic reasons, I swear

Edited by Czarpy

On 4/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, Czarpy said:

going to see if i can pull either of their 35 cp weapons. should be fun.

i just want a waifu in a chinese dress for aesthetic reasons, I swear

Vincent > Prishe IMO, unless you really like Y'shtola/King.  Zell/Layle are pretty solid.

Trying to play Marvel Strike Force but damn it wouldn't just patch on me!

I ended up resorting to emulate it; but still no luck as well.

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Trying to play Marvel Strike Force but damn it wouldn't just patch on me!

I ended up resorting to emulate it; but still no luck as well.

you're gonna have to fiddle with the visualization stuff in the bios for that.

did you sign up for the pre-registration bonuses? the 3 star daredevil and crapload of in game currency was nice.

8 hours ago, Czarpy said:

you're gonna have to fiddle with the visualization stuff in the bios for that.

did you sign up for the pre-registration bonuses? the 3 star daredevil and crapload of in game currency was nice.

Two things...

1. I have no idea how to work around that

2. I did signed up for pre-registration

Stick War: Legacy is the one game that's still on my (limited space) phone. It's a remake of the web game of the same name, but with several balance tweaks that go a long way. The cost of units feel more fitting, swordwraths got a much needed special move and health upgrade, and the game overall is more fair. It being on a handheld has also helped it aesthetically, with the might of the upgrades being more noticeable to determine at a first glance and the blood effects only appearing with noticeable attacks rather than at every hit. The fact that the campaign mode remains relatively untouched means that the very helpful walkthrough on the creators site for the original game is still useful, and the faux-multiplayer mode (where you fight against A.I. opponents with differing strategies instead of human opponents, presumably to prevent ) and the survival/defense mode are welcome additions. I also like how the micro-transactions are handled, as you earn currency just by playing the game, and the power-ups you can buy are by no means needed to beat the game, even on the highest difficulty.

I once played One Finger Death Punch for quite a while. As the name implies, it only has two buttons; attack left or right. It's a stick-figure fighting game, where you have to time your punches right to attack your foes without missing, and you can pick up weapons to extend your range. It's a simple game, but the fast pace and "easy-to-learn, hard-to-master' gameplay are it's main draws. The main downside of the game, though, is that it can occasionally lag, and in a game like this, that's a very bad thing. After getting too far, it eventually got to the point where the game took several minutes to load the menu, and soon I had to delete it.

I recently started playing Blustone about two weeks ago, and I've been enjoying it so far. It reminds me a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes in the sense that the gameplay is overall simple, yet has a lot of strategic depth to it. It also has a rock-paper-scissors system, different classes, and one of the better gacha systems out there, as the game is designed around gaining and sacrificing unit in order to level up other characters, and in order to advance up a star, you need units of the same rank, meaning you have to think ahead about who you're going to use in gameplay and you who you're going to use as fodder. It also helps that the max rank is 5 stars, but the highest level character you can "recruit" is three stars (with two exceptions, but you have to go out of your way to get them) avoiding one of the problems Heroes has.

Heck, the game even reminds me of the main-series titles, as it has something akin to a support system, where two to three characters can converse with each other and gain gameplay  bonuses, except that these bonuses are permanent, are unlocked by advancing up a level rather than by spent time together, and only require you have "recruited" said character at least once, so they don't need to be on the same team for them to apply. It helps that the characters themselves are quirky and interesting without being gimmicky, and the writing is pretty good for the most part.

That being said, it should be noted that this game is very weird in the sense that it likes to turn left when you expect it to go right so to speak, and a lot of it's situations only make sense with context. That, and the game has some fan-service, and most of the cast have the animal ears and tails thing. Also, remember how I put "recruiting" in quotations earlier? Well, that's because you actually kidnap the characters in order to gain them, and they're surprisingly nonchalant about this. Make of that what you will.

As for the games actual flaws, well, PVP is broken as both sides throw their most powerful units at each other, and the only way you have a chance of winning is if you let the computer take over, as there's almost no way to win normally. I would also say that the character battles are a needless difficulty spike and are the only part of the entire game where you would need to grind, which granted isn't all that bad due to the battles taking around a minute at most to complete.

...I just wrote a full review of some random game(s) by complete accident, didn't I?