Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

Okay, I'm back everyone!  Now to finish out the rest of last chapter

W5LvEV8.jpg

Calling your captor brother is a bit generous, but you do you.

zrWXK5z.jpg

The condemned people Rezzi is ordered to kill have an odd habit of killing themselves before Rezzi has to do it.

k8YeUl8.jpg

Always have to nitpick, don't you.  I get it, I'm sorry I used the last of the shampoo.  It was 12 years ago!

uPVfmJB.jpg

Thank you Daddy Garon, Neutral Evil can be so much easier to deal with than Lawful Evil.

3LHVJtA.jpgZQKC4nT.jpg

Anything to bring a smile to that face.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VwfiL1P.jpg

Are you ever happy?

MB27kHB.jpg

I know all that XP that went to waste, but the Ninja Hallway was too big a risk.

G2u3r5a.jpg

Maybe it would be a good idea to make sure Iago's out of earshot before beginning your monologue.

kwHXr5p.jpg

Since we sided with Nohr, aren't we not a traitor?  We had no real allegiance to Hoshido.

hGjN0mc.jpg

I must grow a mustache and twirl it.

9EaVDcq.jpg

To think this all could have been avoided if we had just captured him when we had the chance.

fkOui1n.jpg

I'm no lawyer, but it sounds like this new promise renders the Hinoka promise null and void. @Shoblongoo

EvntpF8.jpg

He smiled because he knew how hard the next chapter was going to be for the army who just killed him.

We return to our castle to see we have a new recruit, who may or may not become useful in the last chapter.

e2DSo0H.jpg

After we organize and convo support up, it's back to the action.

odod66F.jpg

It's always hard to tell in video game castles.  The layout is seldom logical.

ayheM1b.jpg

Do you love me now, Daddy Garon?

KDD7szl.jpg

Why now?  Can you just seize the throne, so our turn count looks halfway respectable?

iAdl5sQ.jpg

And the only two who really get any development in this game.  What the heck are all the other nations doing right now, anyway?

CGhpaOZ.jpg

Yeah, sorry for not updating for several months.

zAp30MU.jpg

Should have waited until you were next to me to take advantage of your Heartseeker skill.

ttRTHSC.jpg

Even if Rezzi was a traitor, having an advisor unilaterally murder the child of the king seems like it would be even worse treason. @Julius Nepos

7Nu1NXr.jpg

I think you've exceeded your authority at this point Iago, I charge you with treason.

YL8Cu1O.jpg

I'm glad you agree, how would you like to be executed?

omH6nGb.jpg

Why haven't we killed Iago long before now?  I don't think Garon would have really minded, fan of random murder that he is.

3rcvCHC.jpg

Better late than never, I suppose.

KTyDVm9.jpg

You can always count on Leo to do the dirty work.

e1jXvU6.jpg

You know, we could have just recruited Hans, there's plenty more guys that need killing.  As long as we stopped him from killing unarmed villagers, with Iago gone, he could have been a decent asset.

qwfr1vq.jpg

Oh well, we're able to bring most of our active army now.  The above pictured, plus Dwyer will come along.

Niles is sitting out, since he's been RNG screwed beyond redemption.  Laslow, Selena, and Soleil have to sit out as well, just for lack of space.  Maybe next chapter we'll have some vacancies they can fill for us.

To start off we see that all these mercenaries have wyrmslayers.

F5BJYwN.jpg

I feel personally attacked.  Why are these standard issue when the enemy army has no Wyverns of its own?

They also have Counter, which means we're going to have lots of fun here.

B5sJ0rS.jpg

Plan A will be to try to draw some of the 2 range attacks to Odin and kill them through the door before taking on the rest.

Vb1OCtd.jpg

Well, they don't take the bait and refuse to attack through the wall, so we're forced to open the door ourselves and bum rush them or let them swarm us.

veC52gG.jpgLCoKhl9.jpg

And people say Odin is low tier.

1cYwusr.jpg

A bit of a risky attack here in retrospect, but in my defense we need to take as many of these guys out this round as we can, and I also misread the numbers before I hit accept.

FqfQBYw.jpgIx0kKZQ.jpg

Good ol' dependable Xander.

yI1lEjG.jpg

So Odin and Rezzi get Entrapped by the eastern Maid, but as they say, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!  This Maid will be eating a faceful of aching blood soon.

So you’re going to loop back and do the monster room afterward, right?

It’s good to see the run return, and I can’t wait to see how it ends!

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

You know, we could have just recruited Hans, there's plenty more guys that need killing.  As long as we stopped him from killing unarmed villagers, with Iago gone, he could have been a decent asset.

But then you sacrifice the satisfaction of cutting him down.

Not worth =P .

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

So you’re going to loop back and do the monster room afterward, right?

It’s good to see the run return, and I can’t wait to see how it ends!

But then you sacrifice the satisfaction of cutting him down.

Not worth =P .

We'll see how lucky I'm feeling.

I guess we'll just have to use Peri to fill that role.

u3iiBV1.jpg

Gazak and Percy get some quality cousin time.  Since there's Wyrmslayers everywhere, Percy will be a glorified stat shield for now.

FyyX6Kp.jpgufzMPq6.jpg

Now that enemy phase has been survived.  Here's how we're looking.

uOJ81jT.jpg

Whoever thought giving every staff user unlimited charges on their debuffs was a good idea should be charged with war crimes.

zK4rFcW.jpgJIADu9d.jpg

More skill is always welcome, as many of my magic users seem to have trouble hitting things.

wLIPxFb.jpgLROZKNT.jpg

Very nice level up in the core stats, although Strength is a bit wasted on her.  Nina and Niles could have used that Strength.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Niles is sitting out, since he's been RNG screwed beyond redemption.

Of course he ends up RNG screwed beyond saving. I never can depend on him to not suck.

Edited by Shadow Mir

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Of course he ends up RNG screwed beyond saving. I never can depend on him to not suck.

At least he's not dead.  I wish Capture was an assignable class skill, rather than a personal skill, so we had a bit more freedom there.

L6QTnyO.jpg

Incidentally, Nina is mostly here because I need someone to unlock doors and chests for me.

aTGTbGH.jpgECy3wHD.jpg

Decent level up I suppose, though I use magic a lot more than strength.

gZxT82S.jpgyPYHixz.jpg

I really wish promoting gave better weapon ranks.  E rank weapons are more painful for me than the enemy.

PwY3FZW.jpgBNpgy0M.jpg

He's a cute little ball of death, isn't he?

dvQGmc1.jpgGG5bFYK.jpg

Nice level up for Shigure, apart from missing Strength and Speed.

I do apologize for the glare on the screen.  The lighting did not like me today.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

At least he's not dead.  I wish Capture was an assignable class skill, rather than a personal skill, so we had a bit more freedom there.

L6QTnyO.jpg

Incidentally, Nina is mostly here because I need someone to unlock doors and chests for me.

aTGTbGH.jpgECy3wHD.jpg

Decent level up I suppose, though I use magic a lot more than strength.

gZxT82S.jpgyPYHixz.jpg

I really wish promoting gave better weapon ranks.  E rank weapons are more painful for me than the enemy.

PwY3FZW.jpgBNpgy0M.jpg

He's a cute little ball of death, isn't he?

dvQGmc1.jpgGG5bFYK.jpg

Nice level up for Shigure, apart from missing Strength and Speed.

I do apologize for the glare on the screen.  The lighting did not like me today.

I wish all skills were an assignable resource (or at the very least Discipline should be).

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I wish all skills were an assignable resource (or at the very least Discipline should be).

I don't mind some personal skills, but it seems silly to limit a game mechanic to just two characters, which is functionally one, unless it's Revelations.  There certainly are some personal skills it would be nice to transfer though.  Maybe kids would get to inherit both their parents; personal skills, adding an extra point to consider when match making.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't mind some personal skills, but it seems silly to limit a game mechanic to just two characters, which is functionally one, unless it's Revelations. 

Which is made even worse by the fact that both of the characters who can do it are... pretty damn lackluster, to say the least.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which is made even worse by the fact that both of the characters who can do it are... pretty damn lackluster, to say the least.

At least in Birthright capturing enemies is pretty underwhelming, since enemies with skills are so rare.

Meanwhile in the eastern hallway, Rezzi and Odin are showing the enemies what a mistake it was to entrap them.

Yi4aHUy.jpgKFUjpX2.jpgTZKjC5c.jpg

Good thing Rezzi didn't get hexed.  Having half the HP of already low Fates standards would not be fun.

The next stage of our plan is to deal with Hans.  Dealing with him on top of all the other fun in the southern room isn't my cup of tea.

s8z2ksr.jpg

And viola, Hans all alone without backup.

xOg0HfI.jpg

But those are some nasty skills.  We're limited to non-magic ranged weapons, unless we want to take massive recoil damage.

geww62n.jpg

Now it's time to play the "Does ranged Siegfried count as magic?" game

T7lGfuo.jpg

Luckily, no.

WW5zuiX.jpg8p7pM9a.jpg

Munchkin your skills all you want, I'll find a way around them.

K7M8HGM.jpg

Poor Hans, you were to good for this world.

GrawYT8.jpg

You always cease to amaze me, Nina.  Around a 50% Strength growth and barely cracking 20 Strength.

fjQEESN.jpg

So one major obstacle to this Chapter, in the form of Hans, is dealt with.  Our next step will be to storm the eastern room of sorcs and maids.  Sadly this will be putting us right in the range of Iago's unlimited staff charges, not to mention the maids in the room, who also have unlimited charges.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:03 PM, Rezzy said:

hGjN0mc.jpg

I must grow a mustache and twirl it.

Because a moustache is the most obvious of villainous facial hair.

What about an evil goatee?

On 3/17/2019 at 10:15 PM, Rezzy said:

And the only two who really get any development in this game.  What the heck are all the other nations doing right now, anyway?

Being conquered.

23 hours ago, Rezzy said:

To start off we see that all these mercenaries have wyrmslayers.

F5BJYwN.jpg

I feel personally attacked.

Wow, the manaketes need a personal league.

22 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We'll see how lucky I'm feeling.

I guess we'll just have to use Peri to fill that role.

Honestly, I'd take Hans over her.

22 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Whoever thought giving every staff user unlimited charges on their debuffs was a good idea should be charged with war crimes.

I assume anyone with Hexing Rod just gets an immediate execution?

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Because a moustache is the most obvious of villainous facial hair.

What about an evil goatee?

Being conquered.

Wow, the manaketes need a personal league.

Honestly, I'd take Hans over her.

I assume anyone with Hexing Rod just gets an immediate execution?

As long as it can be twirled.

Fair enough

Having weapons designed to kill the royal family feels a bit treasonous.

Another Berserker would always be welcome.

That's policy I can agree with.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow you can Entrap Hans? Huh, assumed the game just cheated and left him untouchable because he's a boss. Don't suppose entrapping that troll Iago is possible.

He does have a move stat, and is thus a valid target for Entrap - you just can't displace immobile enemy units (those with - displayed for their move stat).

17 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow you can Entrap Hans? Huh, assumed the game just cheated and left him untouchable because he's a boss. Don't suppose entrapping that troll Iago is possible.

Yep, and he's just barely in range, too.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

He does have a move stat, and is thus a valid target for Entrap - you just can't displace immobile enemy units (those with - displayed for their move stat).

Even the nonboss maids are stuck in place.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Naga's on a whole other level of treachery then.

Suppose so

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Yep, and he's just barely in range, too.

Even the nonboss maids are stuck in place.

These are the enemies I have wanted to use the Entrap stave on because they're pretty bullshit with their hexing rods essentially locking off an entire chunk of the map from reliable mobility.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

These are the enemies I have wanted to use the Entrap stave on because they're pretty bullshit with their hexing rods essentially locking off an entire chunk of the map from reliable mobility.

It wouldn't be so bad if Hexed HP wore off like any other ailment, but it's for the rest of the map with no Restore staff to fix it.  On top of that, every staff user on this map has unlimited charges.

After a couple turns of moving everyone into position, we kick open the door and storm the room.

8WhKiTU.jpg

Every hit counts, since almost every unit can get at least two-shot by these mages.

01lqqHc.jpg4EBXoPE.jpg

We try to arrange ourselves to maximize attack phase, while limiting the enemy's countering ability.

EAJBCDR.jpg

Of course, it helps to get lucky every once in a while.

Wlpvm4D.jpg

A critical failure here will mean certain death, but we risk definitely losing someone if we don't take this shot.

bzFpcsF.jpgIqsbF4W.jpg

We get a filled shield gauge and a rather nifty level-up out of our struggle.

kAvdVNG.jpgdUNitXt.jpg

Leo takes out corner mage and gets a okayish level-up.

ck8iDu5.jpg6X5hMNI.jpg

I had Ophelia take out the last mage, which left her as the sole unit in range of the immobile maid.

B8QbqSv.jpg

Magic and Speed, so I can't complain, though she manage to find a way to not kill the maid, so we'll send in Percy to clean up.

JWDVgdi.jpgkABtNpF.jpg

Percy, why must you be so good?

Forgive me for forgetting to take a photo, but we have no cleared the eastern room.  Now there are three rooms remaining.  The south eastern room, with just a couple mages, the main southern room, which contained roughly the population of Chicago, and Iago's final chamber.

The southern room is actually more of a hallway, and these sorcerers are ridiculously bulky.

SgRNp2e.jpgek8pXnY.jpgAoSj3IK.jpg

Okay, 80 damage from Odin should do the trick.

75utcYD.jpgJ5j6sQ6.jpg

Odin continues to impress.

6pAetJI.jpgXrWubb4.jpg

Shigure's really coming into his own with that Skill and Speed.

Okay, we now prepare to enter the Room of Death, which even minus one Hans is going to be very dangerous.  We can only trust our most hardened, toughened soldiers to defend us from this enemy.

SEND IN THE TWELVE YEAR OLDS!

ktaFAgD.jpg

Odin will snipe from behind, but we have to be careful, since some of these guys have Counter Magic.

jnM28F4.jpgkPyGLgn.jpg

So here we are now, the flood gates have been opened.

Q1f7ZPi.jpg

Percy and Kana have both been frozen in place by the two maids in this room, so we couldn't pull back if we wanted to.  And the maids have unlimited charges, so we're here for the long haul.  Good thing we've blocked them off and we've cleared out the rooms behind us.  The game wouldn't be so cheap to throw some reinforcements I didn't remember about behind us at this point, right?

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The game wouldn't be so cheap to throw some reinforcements I didn't remember about behind us at this point, right?

It would. Unless the only reinforcements are the ones that show up when you turned Hans into a corpse.