New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

I have the feeling Odd Atk wave is going to be a significant addition to C passives since it is the only one that grants its user the buff as well. Previous skills either apply debuffs, give your team buffs or are mobility-based. The only other case where the user benefits from the C passive directly is Infantry Pulse which is more restricted to use and only applies once.

Basically any unit can now have +6 Atk by its own every 2 turns which makes things just a bit more interesting.

If I'm not mistaken this is probably the last regular banner before we inevitably get the 2nd Bridal Banner around late May, right?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

Many skipping the banner I've seen say it's because they haven't played Genealogy, which is a really sad reason in my mind. There are FE games I haven't played, but characters from them have become favorites of mine just from Heroes. Heck, it's because of Reinhardt and Olwen that I said "Okay, now I NEED to play Thracia," and getting the banner with Leif sealed that for me. It's because of Sigurd and Seliph's great designs and Ayra's total beastliness in Heroes that I started playing Genealogy after dropping it a few years ago early on for reasons I still don't remember, and I'm so glad because Genealogy of the Holy War is AMAZING and I'm really looking forward to beating it. 

Heck, some characters that I slept on in games I love have become favorites of mine in Heroes and made me want to give them a second look in their source material. Draug is fantastic in Heroes (though his art doesn't help matters in SD, poor guy, at least he finally got to be a looker in Heroes). Heck, some of these great Fates characters remind me that I didn't dislike Fates because of the characters, but because of the main story, so I'm glad they've gotten time to shine in Heroes. 

I'm definitely not skipping this banner. I'm on Chapter 7 of Genealogy so Ares and Lene just showed up and I already love them, this banner coming out got me very excited because of that. 

Basically, I hope more people will pull on banners with characters from games they haven't played. They just might find themselves more motivated to dig into those games, and find new favorites that they would have slept on otherwise :)

Ares should be fun for those who can afford him. Proc'ing Moonbow every phase once he gets started...lol

Getting Mystletainn to 100 kills in FE4 results in a potential 94% critical rate with RNG abuse....so the Heroes implementation of him is creative but faithful way of representing how he was in FE4

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

13 minutes ago, The Priest said:

The only other case where the user benefits from the C passive directly is Infantry Pulse which is more restricted to use and only applies once.

Infantry Pulse does not affect the user. The user cannot have less HP than themselves.

11 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Ares should be fun for those who can afford him. Proc'ing Moonbow every phase once he gets started...lol

Bonfire. One base cooldown reduction brings it down to 2 cooldown and 2 cooldown reduction after activation brings it down to 0 cooldown.

13 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Round of combat.

7 hours ago, Midnox said:

Julius, one of my most requested villains to be playable in FEH. Man this is good shit :D:

While I kept saying how much I wanted Ares, my favourite FE4 charries, and got annoyed some people thought he wasn't worth it 'cos he looks like his father. He's a different person and doesn't make his father's mistakes, which I really like :)

Yay for both of us :D

Edited by Cute Chao

23 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

It's been a while since I've bothered with reading every line of text of FE4's story, but as far as I remember, Bramsel was basically a molester/rapist and Ares apparently got protective of her because of said mistreatment despite being the "Black Knight" and a mercenary subordinate to Jabarro. To Ares, Leen was not than just a piece of ass to be hammered. He betrayed the merc who raised him up to save her since she got tossed in the dungeons because of concern for her well-being.  

Yeah you're right. The way I worded it made it sound like Ares was lustful after Lene, which isn't the case, like you said. I was trying to say that she inspired his protective instinct, and a lustful one in Bramsel. Thanks for correcting me.

1 hour ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

Many skipping the banner I've seen say it's because they haven't played Genealogy, which is a really sad reason in my mind. There are FE games I haven't played, but characters from them have become favorites of mine just from Heroes. Heck, it's because of Reinhardt and Olwen that I said "Okay, now I NEED to play Thracia," and getting the banner with Leif sealed that for me. It's because of Sigurd and Seliph's great designs and Ayra's total beastliness in Heroes that I started playing Genealogy after dropping it a few years ago early on for reasons I still don't remember, and I'm so glad because Genealogy of the Holy War is AMAZING and I'm really looking forward to beating it. 

Heck, some characters that I slept on in games I love have become favorites of mine in Heroes and made me want to give them a second look in their source material. Draug is fantastic in Heroes (though his art doesn't help matters in SD, poor guy, at least he finally got to be a looker in Heroes). Heck, some of these great Fates characters remind me that I didn't dislike Fates because of the characters, but because of the main story, so I'm glad they've gotten time to shine in Heroes. 

I'm definitely not skipping this banner. I'm on Chapter 7 of Genealogy so Ares and Lene just showed up and I already love them, this banner coming out got me very excited because of that. 

Basically, I hope more people will pull on banners with characters from games they haven't played. They just might find themselves more motivated to dig into those games, and find new favorites that they would have slept on otherwise :)

Glad you're trying it out again! A lot of people get intimidated by FE4 because of the map size. I don't blame them, and it can get more tedious than fun at times. That being said, I do find the experience rewarding and I do like the overarching themes, motifs, and such in the story. I also liked the secret ending as well.

5 hours ago, Modamy said:

None of the dancers introduced in heroes thus far have been characters I liked (well I like Inigo, but Ihave such bad luck with seasonals I don't even bother at this point)  so I'm really happy to finally see Lene here in the regular pool and maybe one day my all time favorite Reyson can make his way into the game.

I'm a big fan of the refresher characters, and I generally like all of them. The one exception being Azura, who I'm more neutral on because I like her as a unit but not as a character. And of course she had to be the one with the most alts.

I can't wait for Reyson tbh. A flying dancer sounds awesome. I'm just not sure how he'll attack, since all units do.

24 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

People shouldn't be afraid of FE4's map sizes. FE4 gives the player permasaves at the start of each turn so the player doesn't lose their progress. And of course savestates exist if using emulators. 

Judging from what I'm always reading, it's not that I see everyone worried about. It's how the large map sizes heavily favor cavalry units over just about anything else.

27 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm a big fan of the refresher characters, and I generally like all of them. The one exception being Azura, who I'm more neutral on because I like her as a unit but not as a character. And of course she had to be the one with the most alts.

I can't wait for Reyson tbh. A flying dancer sounds awesome. I'm just not sure how he'll attack, since all units do.

Sadly, I don't really like the character for a lot of dancers including Azura and it was pretty said to me that the first flying dancer; a niche I would think the herons had in the bag is an Azura alt. Lene is one of the couple I do like and it's why I hope I can pull her. Also I just imagine the herons would all just be staff units, since they are just utility units in the Tellius games.

42 minutes ago, Modamy said:

Sadly, I don't really like the character for a lot of dancers including Azura and it was pretty said to me that the first flying dancer; a niche I would think the herons had in the bag is an Azura alt. Lene is one of the couple I do like and it's why I hope I can pull her. Also I just imagine the herons would all just be staff units, since they are just utility units in the Tellius games.

Staff seems to be a good choice for them. I wonder if they'll have a passive skill that heals whoever is next to them gets healed, like Bliss in RD.

Ares: It amuses me how IntSys went out of their way with the description of Dark Mystletainn when they could've just said "any special except Galeforce". On a more serious note, this is going to make the AOE specials hilarious.

Lene: While I'm not about to complain about more dancers, it aggravates me a little that the next one we get is just Super Olivia, especially when the Lyngend banner didn't cooperate and Olivia is still the only dancer I have.

Ishtar: While her kit is absolutely bonkers, I refuse to pass judgment until I've seen her base stats; +10 Spd on initiation won't be as good as it sounds if Ishtar's base Spd is garbage. If she does end up usable however, it's going to be really damn hard to decide whether I want to build her up (all she's missing is Desperation) or feed that Odd Atk Wave to another unit (like a bladetome user).

53 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Judging from what I'm always reading, it's not that I see everyone worried about. It's how the large map sizes heavily favor cavalry units over just about anything else.

Cavalry was a pretty huge sticking point in Geneology, yeah. One of the reasons Reinhardt was so infamous as a boss was because he came with an entire legion of Mage Knights and Paladins that would all bumrush you as soon as you crossed the bridge. (The other reason was Saias and his TEN Leadership Stars.)

19 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Ares: It amuses me how IntSys went out of their way with the description of Dark Mystletainn when they could've just said "any special except Galeforce".

You say this like future proofing is a bad thing.  Just because the only currently excluded special is Galeforce doesn't mean they can't introduce other after combat specials later.

It's also probably less of a "Galeforce is overpowered with this effect" and more of a "we don't want to bother ordering after-combat specials and after-combat cd reduction".

25 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Ares: It amuses me how IntSys went out of their way with the description of Dark Mystletainn when they could've just said "any special except Galeforce". On a more serious note, this is going to make the AOE specials hilarious.

Lene: While I'm not about to complain about more dancers, it aggravates me a little that the next one we get is just Super Olivia, especially when the Lyngend banner didn't cooperate and Olivia is still the only dancer I have.

Ishtar: While her kit is absolutely bonkers, I refuse to pass judgment until I've seen her base stats; +10 Spd on initiation won't be as good as it sounds if Ishtar's base Spd is garbage. If she does end up usable however, it's going to be really damn hard to decide whether I want to build her up (all she's missing is Desperation) or feed that Odd Atk Wave to another unit (like a bladetome user).

Cavalry was a pretty huge sticking point in Geneology, yeah. One of the reasons Reinhardt was so infamous as a boss was because he came with an entire legion of Mage Knights and Paladins that would all bumrush you as soon as you crossed the bridge. (The other reason was Saias and his TEN Leadership Stars.)

Reinhardt and Saias, that is Thracia though.  Only FE4 has the huge maps.

I guess we'll know soon what Julius is?  Also the stats of the banner units.  

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Not really. It only matters when playing for ranks and efficiency and Chapter 2. Chapter 1, the enemies are coming to you and hit hard enough where your army will back up and clump together. Plus, the latter part of Chapter 1 favors infantry greatly(after the defeat of Kinbois) as forests cripple the move, for unpromoted calvary. 

Chapter 3 is again, mostly enemies coming towards you and figuring out a solution for Lachesis talking to Eldigan. I use Finn and the forests, but people have figured out other ways. 

Chapter 4 doesn't favor calvary much because forests again. 

Chapter 5 is desert+Horseslayer dragon Knights. Again, not something Calvary friendly. 

For "no pressure, no tedious gimmick" run, people are going to default to Ayra, Lewyn, Brigid, etc because things drop dead easy when they engage in combat. . 

For blind players they might even totally nerf Lachesis' children since they might do something like Lachesis!Dew and wind up with no Pursuit. Lester can also hit like a wet noodle if Azel is his daddy. Even Midir is a meh unit that no one enjoys using. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

51 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Thracia is a whole different animal from Genealogy. Reinhardt is an enemy unit with a tome not present in Genealogy. Some of Genealogy's calvary are pretty meh. Midir, Noish, Alec, Quan are not one-rounding many things at all. Ethlin is mobile and heals, but she can't kill crap or take a hit. It's Sigurd and Lex who are the fun to use calvary in Gen 1. The rest can become rather tedious to use compared to even Holyn, never mind Ayra or Lewyn. The setup is that Sigurd, Lex, or Cuan weakens and then Beowulf, Noish, Alec, Midir, etc follow up with meager damage for kills. Finn is the same way until he gets the Hero Lance and Elite Ring, and then he becomes comparable to Lex, only to be whisked away 1 chapter later. 

Not to mention, some pairings result in the second gen calvary being totally nerfed if they don't have the strength/magic growth or Pursuit. Some units, like Arthur don't become Calvary until after promotion. 

11 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Not really. It only matters when playing for ranks and efficiency and Chapter 2. Chapter 1, the enemies are coming to you and hit hard enough where your army will back up and clump together. Plus, the latter part of Chapter 1 favors infantry greatly(after the defeat of Kinbois) as forests cripple the move, for unpromoted calvary. 

Chapter 3 is again, mostly enemies coming towards you and figuring out a solution for Lachesis talking to Eldigan. I use Finn and the forests, but people have figured out other ways. 

Chapter 4 doesn't favor calvary much because forests again. 

Chapter 5 is desert+Horseslayer dragon Knights. Again, not something Calvary friendly. 

For "no pressure, no tedious gimmick" run, people are going to default to Ayra, Lewyn, Brigid, etc because things drop dead easy when they engage in combat. . 

For blind players they might even totally nerf Lachesis' children since they might do something like Lachesis!Dew and wind up with no Pursuit. Lester can also hit like a wet noodle if Azel is his daddy. Even Midir is a meh unit that no one enjoys using. 

At least there all the children that have native pursuit are relatively safe-bets for Newcomers; (and people like Lana, Patty, and Nanna don't mind a bad parents thanks to their general utilities; also Tailtiu's children have some very funny stuff if you paired her with the characters that seems like the dumbest ideas: Arden or Lex).

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

At least there all the children that have native pursuit are relatively safe-bets for Newcomers; (and people like Lana, Patty, and Nanna don't mind a bad parents thanks to their general utilities; also Tailtiu's children have some very funny stuff if you paired her with the characters that seems like the dumbest ideas: Arden or Lex).

Given that they stuffed a lover convo for Tailtu+Lex in Ch. 5, the pair was drawn up by design for the Elite+Vantage+Wrath combo and should a curious gamer reading a guide want to see that convo, they would have to do that pairing to unlock said conversation. 

Lana is always good, but sacrificing Lester's usability when pairing Aideen with Claude makes her an absolute joy to use.

Patty is not worth the time if ranks, efficiency, don't matter. She's a gimmick abuser. Sleep abuse, prayer abuse, etc is what she has to do to gain levels. Lacking Bargain kills her and Faval doesn't really need that stat distribution. 

Nanna gets overshadowed by Recover Staff Leaf once he gets his promotion. 

16 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

To be fair, there aren't any other units from gen 2 Genealogy who are as popular or come close to Ishtar's popularity. They obviously needed someone to carry the banner going off of CYL though I think the pretty boy Ares and cute girl Lene do that enough with their art. Guess Ishtar was just in case those two wouldn't bring enough dosh. At least no alt. Thank god.

They could have given us a Seliph alt with Divine-er Tyrfing. :p

It's more of she's a boss character and my first thought of bosses being introduced would through GHBs. We do have exceptions like Eldigan, Reinhardt, etc., but it would have been neat to be able to fight her on her map or a map associated with her. That, and it's making me feel discouraged that they will introduce units like Ashnard, Garon, Murdock, Nichol, etc. as GHB units in the future.

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

The problem is that if Ishtar had been a GHB she would have been regulated to GHB status. Middling stats, limited merges and a mediocre tome at best. I don't think she deserves that treatment with the position people in the FE community give her. She deserves better. Heck as someone who would like an alternative to Nowi, I'm a little bothered by M!Kana being a GHB. He would legit be my blue dragon +10 of choice if I could get more of him.

My opinion on these units later.

Limited merges I'll give you, but as someone who refuses to use merged units of my own -- I'm okay with using my friends' merged units -- and that not everyone can or wants to use merges, it doesn't really matter for me. (What does matter is how limited stuff like Berkut's Lance and Valter's Panic Ploy are. :p)

Middling stats and mediocre weapons or mediocrity in general I will not. Arvis, Berkut, Legion, Michalis, Saias, Xander, and Zephiel would all beg to differ as examples of fantastic GHB units. Arvis and Saias are good support units with their ability legendary/personal tomes and ability to stack on two other ploys. Saias in particular is basically a free Lute who trades attack and a bunch of speed, Weirding Tome's +3 speed and Spd Ploy 3, for the ability to ploy two stats with his Wargod's Tome in addition to having Spd Ploy 3 as a default skill.

Legion is basically +Atk and +HP, -Def and -Res Raven to the point where +Atk Raven only has +1 attack on him because of the developers' decision to give Raven 34/35 offenses instead of 35/35 or 34/36 offenses. Raven wins in having Basilikos and easier access to merges, but Legion is still no slouch as an axe infantry which isn't saying much when the developers haven't introduced many regular summonable axe units who aren't slow and bulky. Actually, Legion is still the only axe infantry they've introduced who has high attack and speed.

Berkut, Michalis, Xander, and Zephiel are your tanks. Berkut and Zephiel are your mixed tanks, Michalis has unique refined Hauteclere shenanigans, and Xander is mainly physical and has Siegfried's built-in Distant Counter for more coverage that isn't BH Lyn, Windsweep ranged units, and most mages. Berkut was vindicated by the weapon refinery letting him be even tankier that he was, +7 resistance when attacked isn't something to scoff at and he has easy access to Fortify and Ward Cavalry for defensive buff stacking and Zephiel has good bulk in general of which unique refined Eckesachs has built-in Distant Def 3, so him running Distant Counter isn't that much of a problem when he can still stack two Distant Def 3s or run Close Def 3 instead as his seal.

If we go to the TT side, Arden, the Black Knight, Joshua, and masked Marth are very good units, especially the Black Knight, even if they are even more limited in merges than GHB units. I'd also argue for Marisa since before Fir and Karel's Nameless Blade was added, she was basically a +Def Karel. All she needed was Moonbow and there you good, Wo Dao, Moonbow shenanigans on a unit with very high health and good defense and speed. Anyway, Arden's stats are very min-maxed even though he kind of got screwed by being released before everyone and their mom had boosted BST and Follow-up Ring is stupid with Bold Fighter being even more stupid. The Black Knight has access to Alondite and Black Luna. Not much else needs to be said there other than he doesn't have Zelgius naturally high defense and higher resistance. Joshua's bulk is good with Audhulma or a resistance refined Slaying Edge+ and masked Marth is a free, skill-less Lucina. In other words, a free, high offenses Falchion user who comes with all the regular Falchion shenanigans the others have, namely, Falchion medic stuff.

Long story short, I have no idea where you're coming from about GHB units being mediocre. The only GHB units I would consider as being truly mediocre is Navarre, Oliver, and F!Robin and even then, they still have their uses. Just because they're free units doesn't mean they're automatically mediocre or bad and this is excluding the exceptional units, excluding vanguard Ike who the majority voted for, that in a way we coerced the developers to give us. Seriously, people would probably have been mad if the choose-able CYL1 unit and Fjorm were not free, especially Fjorm. Remember the characters everyone voted for to get a new costume? Yeah, you're gonna have to summon to get any of them. Have fun trying to get the one you voted for or remotely like. Here's the new chapter for FEH with a new story character who you're going to have to summon for even though she actually joins you after the first chapter. Hey, she's not going to work for free, summoner.

11 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I kind of doubt it. Mysteltainn has always been known as the demon sword, so divine wouldn't make much sense in that regard. I was thinking they would go with Demonic Mysteltainn, especially to contrast Divine Tyrfing like how Eldigan contrasts Sigurd and Ares Seliph, but maybe that seemed a little morbid/unheroic? Neither of those seem particularly valid given what else they have in the game, but who knows.

Demonic/Demon Mystletainn would have worked if not for the text limitations and maybe Devil Mystletainn even though devil isn't an adjective as far as I know.

Anyway, for me, Mystletainn being (known as) the Demon Sword doesn't necessarily mean it's the opposite of or different to divine in the sense of divine being something "holy" or perhaps even "good". Divine to me is simply something that transcends humanity in which divine beings would include gods, devils, and other deities with whatever names they're called in different languages and whatnot. There's also the issue of what is considered a good deity and bad deity e.g. god vs. devil and angel vs. demon depending on understanding of the culture, mythology, and religion let alone how they would interpret other deities and supernatural beings, but that's another discussion.

Back to Mystletainn, it's a divine weapon of Jugdral, a holy weapon according to one of the wikia, just as Naga, Tyrfing, and Valflame are, so I'm wondering why they didn't call it Divine Mystletainn which apparently might be because of text space limitations. Also, as dumb as it would sound, Holy Mystletainn would have made sense to me. It just so happens that this holy weapon is a Demon Sword. A holy demonic, dark weapon isn't farfetched to me. Demons and darkness aren't always bad.

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

And of course, Julius has garbage defense. That tome of his better cover for that weakness. 

From what I've read, Loptyr inflicts Atk-6 on any opponent who doesn't have dragon-effective weapons.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

From what I've read, Loptyr inflicts Atk-6 on any opponent who doesn't have dragon-effective weapons.

Now that I like

Spoiler

It's a bit disappointing that Lene has nearly the same stat distribution as Olivia. She is a bit faster and has slightly more Res but Olivia trumps her in Def (which doesn't matter much because she has her Barrier Sword).

But the other two are something else.
Ishtar is pretty much Linde who gets +10/10 when she attacks and her Specials charge faster. That's ... scary.
Ares on the other hand has the stat spread to go along with his weapon. That Def stat is good for Bonfire and with +Atk he has 55 Atk to pair it up with.

I'm torn between being disappointed Julius doesn't have the same artist as his father and brother, and not caring because it's really good either way.

As for Ishtar ... there's something not right with her eyes. Julius definitely got the better art of the pair.