Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

I was attempting to ISO people and I realize that the current gamestate is pretty fucked in terms of being able to follow someone's opinion. I was looking into some players a bit more and I honestly like gave up trying to read almost everything about 'em. I'm not trying to hop onto my armchair because I'm guilty of such behavior but there are so many damn posts that literally don't need to exist but are done anyways. I don't mind single sentences, nor if there is a discussion being made it's not always good to just stop what you're doing and write walls. I imagine filtering through those type of posts instead of wall responses can be less grating on the eyes but I digress.

Here's a tally just for the sake of it based on who's alive. This is estimate and may not round up to the exact number (25 posts a page). I have a greater point to make afterwards:

6450 posts total

JohnCarter - 582
Shinori - 550
dyachei - 400
EvanManManMan - 400
Shattiel - 375
Donald Trump - 331
Elemina/SR/Duk3 - 350
Weinerboy - 300
Orihime - 225
Refa/Snike - 200
Mello - 175
manti - 150
Ryan/KTS - 150

Alive players make up roughly 4,188 posts which is more than half of the content.

I feel like I'm giving too many excuses for activity. I don't imagine anyone would believe a case being made based on how much you're posting, but based on the way people have been dying or wolves have been choosing their targets they have all been (for the most part) slots that have low post count or less influence on the thread. Why? That's something I have to come to terms with, and occam's razor implies that we're feeding into their hand and are just hiding amongst the overblown activity. The idea presented that 'not all inactives can be wolves' remains true, but honestly I feel it's more important than that. Wolves will do what it takes to be townread, and forcing content is one of them. I've been TRing DT for giving out too much information but in a overly cluttered vacuum I imagine it's more efficient to give out fake content instead of more direct content. The state of the thread does not favor inactivity, but what's most confusing to me is that the highest posters are not really moving the gamestate ahead, rather they're just doing what is necessary. Decisions on lynches have been somewhat arbitrary, not in the sense they were random rather people are very whimsical about it. I dunno, maybe this is all horseshit and I'm overthinking things but I don't townread some slots as much as I did before, and ironically, I really think I've been too hard on Mello. I am not saying that large activity = more suspect, I am saying the way that activity is done to bolster appearance is.

Everytime I come across my JC read I always just think 'yea, they're posting and a lot of people townread 'em and well I have other priorities I guess.' I think that's the wrong angle, and I was already feeling like I had the possibility to be duped. Furthermore, my read on DT is explicitly meta and based upon him giving up too much information, but I don't think it really fits. I've also been giving Evan credit for being there as a vague way to explain, however there's nothing that wows me. I find it really funny that Mello mentions that he can't believe I TR Evan more than him and yea you know what he's right. If he wants to say I'm flip-flopping on the read again then that's fine, I just find it funny a dude from EM is the one who is hyperposting the fucking least. Dya is someone who I've been reading v for a while too, and her content is really only at best serviceable. I'm not ready to say that Dya isn't v anymore after this shocking revelation, rather I'm more cautious just like I'm more cautious about DT/JC/Evan. My list of 'being duped' still holds credence and well, I guess I can't help but feel like maybe I'm being duped. As for Shatt? The narrative could conveniently fit, but I don't think it's the same. I haven't found anything unlike other players I've mentioned to really give them a townread on, though I will be looking at JC based on what they flip. I'd say in terms of paranoia he's the one I could feel the most paranoid about, DT being a close second followed by shin. I don't know if anyone will read this but at least humor me on this thought if you do.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Iris said:

Day 4: Automated Votals from #5850 to #6442

Shattiel (6): weinerboy, Shinori, Snike, dyachei, Donald Trump, EvanManManMan
manti (3): JohnCarter, Shattiel, Mello
Duk3star (2): Killthestory, Orihime
Not voting (2): Duk3star, manti

Phase ends in 14h30m. Hammer at 9.

Vote history:

Reveal hidden contents

Donald Trump (2): Snike -> Shattiel

dyachei (3): weinerboy -> Unvote -> Shattiel

Duk3star (1): Unvote

EvanManManMan (4): manti -> Unvote -> Donald Trump -> Shattiel

JohnCarter (2): manti -> manti

Mello (3): EvanManManMan -> Shattiel -> manti

Orihime (1): Duk3star

Killthestory (1): Duk3star

Snike (1): Shattiel

Shattiel (4): Duk3star -> manti -> Mello -> manti

Shinori (4): JohnCarter -> Unvote -> manti -> Shattiel

weinerboy (1): Shattiel

<Beta v2.0.4>

Interesting votals if Shatt flips scum.

Just now, Shinori said:

Why JC if shatt flips scum?

Feel like he's ignoring Shatt for vague/non-committal reasons, also have a tinfoil hat about DT/JC to an extent but I have nothing to prove it.

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

Feel like he's ignoring Shatt for vague/non-committal reasons, also have a tinfoil hat about DT/JC to an extent but I have nothing to prove it.

I like tinfoil hat theories and I can feel those same vibes from those 2.

If shatt doesn't flip arso though we should probably look into someone not JC.

47 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

I was attempting to ISO people and I realize that the current gamestate is pretty fucked in terms of being able to follow someone's opinion. I was looking into some players a bit more and I honestly like gave up trying to read almost everything about 'em. I'm not trying to hop onto my armchair because I'm guilty of such behavior but there are so many damn posts that literally don't need to exist but are done anyways. I don't mind single sentences, nor if there is a discussion being made it's not always good to just stop what you're doing and write walls. I imagine filtering through those type of posts instead of wall responses can be less grating on the eyes but I digress.

Here's a tally just for the sake of it based on who's alive. This is estimate and may not round up to the exact number (25 posts a page). I have a greater point to make afterwards:

6450 posts total

JohnCarter - 582
Shinori - 550
dyachei - 400
EvanManManMan - 400
Shattiel - 375
Donald Trump - 331
Elemina/SR/Duk3 - 350
Weinerboy - 300
Orihime - 225
Refa/Snike - 200
Mello - 175
manti - 150
Ryan/KTS - 150

Alive players make up roughly 4,188 posts which is more than half of the content.

I feel like I'm giving too many excuses for activity. I don't imagine anyone would believe a case being made based on how much you're posting, but based on the way people have been dying or wolves have been choosing their targets they have all been (for the most part) slots that have low post count or less influence on the thread. Why? That's something I have to come to terms with, and occam's razor implies that we're feeding into their hand and are just hiding amongst the overblown activity. The idea presented that 'not all inactives can be wolves' remains true, but honestly I feel it's more important than that. Wolves will do what it takes to be townread, and forcing content is one of them. I've been TRing DT for giving out too much information but in a overly cluttered vacuum I imagine it's more efficient to give out fake content instead of more direct content. The state of the thread does not favor inactivity, but what's most confusing to me is that the highest posters are not really moving the gamestate ahead, rather they're just doing what is necessary. Decisions on lynches have been somewhat arbitrary, not in the sense they were random rather people are very whimsical about it. I dunno, maybe this is all horseshit and I'm overthinking things but I don't townread some slots as much as I did before, and ironically, I really think I've been too hard on Mello. I am not saying that large activity = more suspect, I am saying the way that activity is done to bolster appearance is.

Everytime I come across my JC read I always just think 'yea, they're posting and a lot of people townread 'em and well I have other priorities I guess.' I think that's the wrong angle, and I was already feeling like I had the possibility to be duped. Furthermore, my read on DT is explicitly meta and based upon him giving up too much information, but I don't think it really fits. I've also been giving Evan credit for being there as a vague way to explain, however there's nothing that wows me. I find it really funny that Mello mentions that he can't believe I TR Evan more than him and yea you know what he's right. If he wants to say I'm flip-flopping on the read again then that's fine, I just find it funny a dude from EM is the one who is hyperposting the fucking least. Dya is someone who I've been reading v for a while too, and her content is really only at best serviceable. I'm not ready to say that Dya isn't v anymore after this shocking revelation, rather I'm more cautious just like I'm more cautious about DT/JC/Evan. My list of 'being duped' still holds credence and well, I guess I can't help but feel like maybe I'm being duped. As for Shatt? The narrative could conveniently fit, but I don't think it's the same. I haven't found anything unlike other players I've mentioned to really give them a townread on, though I will be looking at JC based on what they flip. I'd say in terms of paranoia he's the one I could feel the most paranoid about, DT being a close second followed by shin. I don't know if anyone will read this but at least humor me on this thought if you do.

I feel like you're one of the only people trying to solve the game and I'm getting pretty frustrated over it (that others arent)

Day 4: Automated Votals from #6372 to #6465

Shattiel (6): weinerboy, Shinori, Snike, Dyachei, Donald Trump, EvanManManMan
Magnificence Incarnate (4): , killthestory, manti
Mello (2): Magnificence Incarnate
Duk3star (1): Orihime
Not voting (1): Duk3star

Phase ends in 5h18m. Hammer at 9.

Vote history:

Duk3star (1): Unvote

EvanManManMan (1): Shattiel

JohnCarter (1): manti

Mello (2): Shattiel -> manti

Shattiel (2): Mello -> manti

<Beta v2.0.4>

Day 4: Automated Votals from #5100 to #6466

Shattiel (6): weinerboy, Shinori, Snike, Dyachei, Donald Trump, EvanManManMan
Magnificence Incarnate (2): killthestory, manti
Duk3star (1): Orihime
Not voting (1): Duk3star

Errors (1): Orihime

Phase End

Vote history:

26 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

How is your read on Mello affected by a Shattiel flip either way

Not sure, pretty sure he thinks manti is wolf and has been ignoring shatt, but JC and Mello are not the same people and are handling the thread differently

there was this one time we were going on a family vacation up to orlando for a soccer tourney for my sister n we stopped at a subway's on the way back home. i had to crap to i went to the bathroom and this was the crap that exceeded all craps. like when i tell you this crap was colossal, dude my anus was burning like the fiery pits of hell. crap got on the TOILET SEAT. how he hell does that even HAPPEN? anyway i couldn't flush so i kinda just left it there. i tried hurrying my family outta the subway and it worked! all the way till my dad decided he needed to go to the bathroom... i remember sitting in the car n watching my dad go in, be disgusted leaving, and cleaning that **** up himself. i was shunned the rest of the way down, and now my whole family loves pointing back to that fateful story if they ever wanna get an edge on me. like god damn **** WAS EVERYWHERE.

42 minutes ago, Omega. said:

there was this one time we were going on a family vacation up to orlando for a soccer tourney for my sister n we stopped at a subway's on the way back home. i had to crap to i went to the bathroom and this was the crap that exceeded all craps. like when i tell you this crap was colossal, dude my anus was burning like the fiery pits of hell. crap got on the TOILET SEAT. how he hell does that even HAPPEN? anyway i couldn't flush so i kinda just left it there. i tried hurrying my family outta the subway and it worked! all the way till my dad decided he needed to go to the bathroom... i remember sitting in the car n watching my dad go in, be disgusted leaving, and cleaning that **** up himself. i was shunned the rest of the way down, and now my whole family loves pointing back to that fateful story if they ever wanna get an edge on me. like god damn **** WAS EVERYWHERE.

wow bro what an embarrassing story