Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

Just how many gatchas exist? I can imagine that for as "easy" as they may be to make and lure players, there would be a high failure rate and low profit margins among all but the top ones. Dragalia Lost having the Nintendo label on it should give it a boost, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't do that swimmingly well. Having to invent a massive cast and not having an established and beloved name at all are other burdens this game, and other originals in the genre faces.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:07 PM, Joe Cool said:

the game's decent, but it's surprisingly big. 

As in datawise? Yeah, with base updates alone, it's chewing 3 gigs of space, not very good for me, but I can manage it. Lite Dataing FEH should make things better.

17 hours ago, eclipse said:

Dodging is, uh, dodgy, and trying to get a competent roster is a pain in the neck.  I have a ton of sword users and dark users, but fire is nigh-nonexistent (it's literally the main character and Karl only), and I have exactly one person who uses rods.

I can see this being the case. In my first three ten summons, I've only one Light and Dark character each and two Winds, with plenty of healers. I have five Fires though.

Being stuck with too much Dark and Light sounds worse than the other elements, due to them being effective against each other. Whereas with the other three elements it's reduced damage to you and more damage to the enemy when you bring the right character, Light and Dark increase the damage you AND the enemy deal to each other  I think for Light and Dark battles I'd possibly stick to bringing not the opposite if I wasn't that skilled/strong. Take things slower and steadier, as opposed to dying on a double-edged sword if I don't excel in my assault.

Dodging isn't a problem for me, since I'm on a big tablet. But I could see this being a problem for phone screen. And this being my first true gatcha experience, what do I know of what is quality and what is not the vast world of these things?

This game feels overwhelming, yet a little a day and all may be okay. If not, drop. Not having the FEH issue of duplicate characters in the roster means leveling will be easier and thus, even if my weapons, drags, and prints aren't up to snuff, I'll at least have everyone leveled. All the Wyrmite gifts are misleading though, at 150 for a summon and 1500 for a ten summon, you're not actually getting that much from all these little gifts.

Is there a reason to not do 10 batch summons? The guaranteed 4* isn't very much, but it sounds good and is better than nothing.

For some reason, I rarely find non Axe/Sword weapons when smashing things open, why? Using the spear girl freebie didn't help much here I think. I've not been using a sword person on my main team for a while even.

I'm probably going to organize a mono-element team for the triangular elements, plus a mixed team or two of my favorites.

The music I'll echo is quite good.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

dodging is a pain, and I really want an archer in the water elemental slot. 

I lack dark elemental units too, but I've got a dragon at 4*s for every slot.

As of now, there's only one Water Archer-he's a 3 Star named Waike.

21 hours ago, eclipse said:

If you're having issues staying alive, befriend people who have a healer as a summon.

That... was... really helpful advice. I was actually able to do the rest of it in one try because of that. Can’t believe I forgot friend healers were a thing.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is there a reason to not do 10 batch summons? The guaranteed 4* isn't very much, but it sounds good and is better than nothing.

Well the only reason I can think of for not doing it is simply because you don’t want to spend 10 rolls worth of wyrmite. Otherwise no real benefit to doing it.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For some reason, I rarely find non Axe/Sword weapons when smashing things open, why? Using the spear girl freebie didn't help much here I think. I've not been using a sword person on my main team for a while even.

Weapon drops are dependent on the area. The character you use won’t change that. If you want to know what area drops what items then you can click on the magnifying glass and it’ll bring up the a list of everything you can find there.

Spoiler

A8mnVbZ.jpg

kvFUXW9.png

I wouldn’t worry too much about it though. You’ll unlock crafting soon enough if you haven’t already and that’s were you’ll create most of your weapons. The 2* weapons you get from quests though shall make good fodder for whatever weapons you end up crafting.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can see this being the case. In my first three ten summons, I've only one Light and Dark character each and two Winds, with plenty of healers. I have five Fires though.

Being stuck with too much Dark and Light sounds worse than the other elements, due to them being effective against each other. Whereas with the other three elements it's reduced damage to you and more damage to the enemy when you bring the right character, Light and Dark increase the damage you AND the enemy deal to each other  I think for Light and Dark battles I'd possibly stick to bringing not the opposite if I wasn't that skilled/strong. Take things slower and steadier, as opposed to dying on a double-edged sword if I don't excel in my assault.

Dodging isn't a problem for me, since I'm on a big tablet. But I could see this being a problem for phone screen. And this being my first true gatcha experience, what do I know of what is quality and what is not the vast world of these things?

Funnily enough, when I want things to Just Die in co-op, I use Irfan.  He's surprisingly effective at gibbing things (crit up as an innate skill helps, too).  My current goal is to get Jurota as high as possible, because his backstory is the most interesting (second being. . .Irfan. . .and I don't know how that happened).

In terms of elements, my roster is currently Dark > Wind = Water > Light >> Fire.  I have options regarding who I want on a dark team, and both wind and water are mono-element (water needs levels and isn't as diverse weapon-wise as wind, but I really want to kick that wind archer off of my team).  Though I only have three Light guys, one of them is Irfan, otherwise known as the team carry.  Fire is two sword guys, and it makes me sad.

I'm playing this on a tablet.  Dodging is still dicey, and getting the shieldbreaker to trigger is a special type of hell for me.

Currently on Chapter 6, and will wait for the banner to roll over before I summon again. . .mostly because I don't want Yet Another Roc (I've summoned three).

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Anybody know how to get the healers to actually heal? Mine never do.

It's their command skill that you have to charge up via attacking first. Not very convenient, presumably it'd be faster and easier with stronger character and Wyrmprints.    

So this new firey limited time event with the new katana girl. Looks like it'll be a serious grind if you want all the rewards. Fortunately, the Blazons if I understand it only give Wyrmprints and Pele, and using a separate summon material makes it not seem so bad. But how do you get the Emblems? I might have skipped over that. That seems like the grind I'd really want more.

As for the girl herself, I didn't realize you had to put her in your fighting four for her to gain friendship for two battles. This said, I appreciate a freebie character. She gains 6-10 friendship per battle I see. This event goes on for 10 days, do 6-7 battles with her each day for ~50 friendship, and by the end you'll hit 500 to permanently recruit her. NOTE- you do not have to use her in the raids or any of her related event, I used her in the daily money battles and story chapters and she still got normal friendship. This lets you kill two birds with one stone.

Got my first 5* character, the female Dark Archer Nefaria. Can't be bad I'd guess.

And just a thought. Given this was codeveloped by Nintendo and unlike FEH doesn't have a massive backlog of beloved characters to include, could there be a chance of Nintendo IPs getting into this game? Charizard, Bowser, Link and a Xenoblade character, to give some ideas.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's their command skill that you have to charge up via attacking first. Not very convenient, presumably it'd be faster and easier with stronger character and Wyrmprints.   

So do you have to push anything to make them heal or do they just do it automatically?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And just a thought. Given this was codeveloped by Nintendo and unlike FEH doesn't have a massive backlog of beloved characters to include, could there be a chance of Nintendo IPs getting into this game? Charizard, Bowser, Link and a Xenoblade character, to give some ideas.

It's a neat idea, I guess Charizard and Bowser could be dragons, but it would require some plot shenanigans I assume.

Personally I am not sure if they'll go for straight crossovers, but it wouldn't be that hard to explain them with the plot. The idea of Outrealms already exist in this game as Otherworlds, so the crossover characters can easily come from there.

I mean, we'll already seeing characters from Cygames's other IPs sneaking in as Wyrmprints and even a full character in Lily today. So Nintendo crossovers probably aren't impossible. I suppose it depends on if the two developers are interested in pursuing it.

Speaking of Lily, I got her as my first 5* and from my first tenfold summon. It makes up for not getting Flora in FE Heroes, almost.

21 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

How do you get the katana girl for the fire event? She's not in my roster.

Have you at all done the first story snippet for the event? She'll probably join after that. At the least, she will by the third battle I know. She probably joins right after the first story bit or battle. I didn't realize she had joined initially because the Optimize function isn't guaranteed to include her on your team.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have you at all done the first story snippet for the event? She'll probably join after that. At the least, she will by the third battle I know. She probably joins right after the first story bit or battle. I didn't realize she had joined initially because the Optimize function isn't guaranteed to include her on your team.

I didn't realize she was a water element so I looked right past her, found her now.

But can we talk about the dialogue in this game sometimes? Fairies "tinkling" and from the current event: "I can't hear you Euden! Was that really you or did a cricket fart over there?" lol.

Edited by Dragoncat

Finally got my first non Wyrmprint 5* and third 5* overall in Lily! Nice to have her in both Granblue and Dragalia. I have to say, she's significantly less... weird than in Granblue, at least from her first Fate Episode in GBF. She's pretty useful for the event too, and I tend to prefer the ranged movesets thanks to being able to avoid attacks easier.

No luck with the token draw yet, although if it wasn't for the Wyrmite (and for the fact that I don't have any 5* dragons), I probably wouldn't be going for Pele.

I'm still lacking any 5* characters. I'll probably save up enough Eldwater to upgrade a 4* before I summon any 5*.

I did just pick up my first Pele from the raid summon, at the very least. I went all the way down to 91/367 remaining items before the dragon showed up.

The number of contents increases to 467 after the first reset. Ugh.

Got my first entire banner pull, as well as a full fire team!  So I'll probably be playing this a bit more seriously.

If you see a wandering dagger user named eclipse, that's probably me.  Out of all the weapons, they're my favorite attack type.  Next would be spellcasters, though their first attack annoys me.

I've been pretty lucky on random raiding, but I'm a little annoyed at all the Expert rooms.  I think I'd been a hindrance at my current strength.  Maybe towards the end of the event?  Thank goodness the good rewards for the emblems stop at 100 bronze/silver.

I tried one of the Standard level raids, failed miserably. I tried the Standard boss battle on solo, every one of my allies died and I barely survived.:XD: The extra rewards were sweet, I just wish it was easier. Who is presently for a game so new able to do Expert?

I'm not sure what to do to get stronger, I stopped after Chapter 3 in the story to focus on the event. If a gradual grind is that remains, well for this event then I'm not going far. I'm still going to try to get a Pele before the event ends (at ~280 items left in the summon pool- got the eyeball gold material). Just one will suffice for me, merges are something an FtPer unwilling to devote an inordinate amount of time to this game can't do.

I'm also thinking of holding off on standard summoning for now. I still only have two Wind- mister axe freebie and a mage. Given the first banner was Fire, and the current Water, the next will probably be a Wind unit, before they move onto Light and then Dark. If that tweezes the summon rates for a higher chance of Wind, I'm all for it. I don't know how frequently they plan to do events, but given the Water banner has coincided with an event that favors Water units, perhaps we'll get a Water dungeon with a freebie Wind unit as well.

Just started today. I got Lily as my first 5*, and the Tough Love Wyrmprint as my second. Rest of my current team consists of the protag, Verica, and Kleimann.

Also am I the only one who thinks the summoning theme sounds like a Japanese version of the Chowder theme song?

Edited by GreatKnightEcho

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tried one of the Standard level raids, failed miserably. I tried the Standard boss battle on solo, every one of my allies died and I barely survived.:XD: The extra rewards were sweet, I just wish it was easier. Who is presently for a game so new able to do Expert?

I'm not sure what to do to get stronger, I stopped after Chapter 3 in the story to focus on the event. If a gradual grind is that remains, well for this event then I'm not going far. I'm still going to try to get a Pele before the event ends (at ~280 items left in the summon pool- got the eyeball gold material). Just one will suffice for me, merges are something an FtPer unwilling to devote an inordinate amount of time to this game can't do.

I'm also thinking of holding off on standard summoning for now. I still only have two Wind- mister axe freebie and a mage. Given the first banner was Fire, and the current Water, the next will probably be a Wind unit, before they move onto Light and then Dark. If that tweezes the summon rates for a higher chance of Wind, I'm all for it. I don't know how frequently they plan to do events, but given the Water banner has coincided with an event that favors Water units, perhaps we'll get a Water dungeon with a freebie Wind unit as well.

You should definitely focus on reaching 500 friendship points with the new girl Celliera. Otherwise she'll disappear from your party forever once this raid event is over.

Also, sadly, I'd say you're not of a high enough level to farm Expert difficulty - especially if you haven't finished all the currently available story chapters yet. I'm only able to do so because I've spent the last few days - since the event begun - pouring all my resources into making a respectable water team. But I'd say you can at least try farming Standard difficulty if you put together a ragtag team of waters and one healer, and using your resources to level them up. It's really important to upgrade a character's mana circles before anything else. Next comes the actual levels of the characters, followed up by dragon levels, then dragon bonding, then finally the wyrmprint levels. Also also, if you can unlock 4 copies of the event-only wyrmprint Paladyn Defender (+20% damage to the raid boss) and equip each party member with it (unbinding is a waste), that'll greatly help you out, too.

Just beat chapter 4 I think? The one with the flamewyrm and the volcano. Lol at the flamewyrm shapeshifting and flirting with Euden. Is he a scaley now? I expected Ranzal to whistle or drool or something, he seems like the type who might do that.

...Does anybody want to talk about the story? Seems like everyone's just talking about gameplay. I like this story more than FEH's, if that means anything. If anyone does, who's your favorite character so far? Between Ranzal and Luca for me. Although I thought Luca was female when I saw him on the title screen and the downloading data thing.

5 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Just beat chapter 4 I think? The one with the flamewyrm and the volcano. Lol at the flamewyrm shapeshifting and flirting with Euden. Is he a scaley now? I expected Ranzal to whistle or drool or something, he seems like the type who might do that.

...Does anybody want to talk about the story? Seems like everyone's just talking about gameplay. I like this story more than FEH's, if that means anything. If anyone does, who's your favorite character so far? Between Ranzal and Luca for me. Although I thought Luca was female when I saw him on the title screen and the downloading data thing.

Wait until you start getting into character stories.  Some of them are. . .familiar (hello Felicia 2.0), while others are a bit more interesting.  For all that they tried to vary character types, they're surprisingly similar.  I'm not a fan of the main story, though Chapter 6 is a vast improvement.

Can't wait to finish off Waike's episodes.  I've completed two so far (Jurota and Nicholas), and don't regret the investment.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Wait until you start getting into character stories.  Some of them are. . .familiar (hello Felicia 2.0), while others are a bit more interesting.  For all that they tried to vary character types, they're surprisingly similar.  I'm not a fan of the main story, though Chapter 6 is a vast improvement.

Can't wait to finish off Waike's episodes.  I've completed two so far (Jurota and Nicholas), and don't regret the investment.

I have read a few of them. They just seem like FE characters to me, like Fateswakening characters with gimmicks I guess?

The main story is better than FEH's though. Or maybe that's just me.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

I have read a few of them. They just seem like FE characters to me, like Fateswakening characters with gimmicks I guess?

The main story is better than FEH's though. Or maybe that's just me.

I'm probably the minority opinion WRT the story, so don't sweat it!

It depends on which characters you read.  Some of them are pretty dark.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm probably the minority opinion WRT the story, so don't sweat it!

It depends on which characters you read.  Some of them are pretty dark.

Okey.

What do you mean by WRT? And do you have a favorite character? Or favorites?