Will we ever get the other serpent tomes?

indigoasis

When Female Morgan was introduced, she had Blárserpent+ in her base kit, which has Distant Defense 3 as it's effect... yet we haven't gotten the Rauðr and Gronn versions yet. My guess is that we'll get them eventually, maybe even in that upcoming banner with the new heroes. It just feels awkward only having one color variation of a tome. Any thoughts on the matter?

Edit: Thanks to @Landmaster for catching my mistake. I accidentally put Distant Counter instead of Distant Defense.

Edited by indigospace

Just now, RexBolt said:

I had forgotten about the Axe.

When were Firesweep weapons introduced? 

Firesweep Bow -> Faye: Devoted Heart - World of Shadows Banner (April 14th 2017)

Firesweep Lance -> Roderick: Steady Squire - Echoes of Mystery Banner (June 14th 2017)

Firesweep Sword -> Soleil: Adorable Adorer - Children of Fate Banner (December 4th 2017)

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Firesweep Bow -> Faye: Devoted Heart - World of Shadows Banner (April 14th 2017)

Firesweep Lance -> Roderick: Steady Squire - Echoes of Mystery Banner (June 14th 2017)

Firesweep Sword -> Soleil: Adorable Adorer - Children of Fate Banner (December 4th 2017)

Well, there's some number of months between them, still it's been to long with no Firesweep axes or daggers.

It's not sure when we will see some type of weapons in new units... Wolf Tomes received a evolved form (Keen Wolf), but only one unit has this tome, Rhajat, and the others units with Wolf Tomes need to evolve their weapons. We still don't have any type of Blárwolf in the summoning pool, being exlusive to Ursula, who is a GHB unit. The same we can say about the weapon Slaying Spear, which is a evolved form of the Heavy Spear. Until the release of Silas, we could only get Slaying Spear through Weapon Refinery.

Also, there is no unit who has Guard Bow, Slying Hammer or Armorsmasher by default too.

25 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Note a two month gap between the bow and lance, and a 4.5 month gap between the lance and the sword. By comparison, it has been around 10.5 months since the sword was released. Maybe they think the lance would be less good due to the fact that axe units tend to be slower?

Another example of a missing skill is gacier dance. Glacier dance 1 was introdesed to the game as a prerequesite for geyser dance in the origional performing arts banner. The Icons were added to the game at this time (this is standard practice for IS when a level one skill is added to the game before the level 2 and 3 skills), to keep the icon order somewhat clean. However, it is over a year later, and glacier dance 2 and 3 have not been added yet.

And then there is thoron plus, which is in the game (and even has a standard set of refines), but is unobtainable by the player (although enemy units use it a lot, and even use the refines in higher LHB dificulties and such). You can get thoron a large number of blue tome prf weapon users (most easily from reinhardt), and shine plus is functionaly indentical and obtainable from oliver (although none of the silver weapons or tomes are very good anyway), but the complete unatainability of thoron plus is still annoying to me.

Edited by sirmola

11 hours ago, RexBolt said:

I was going to say we also don't have a Wo lance weapon, but then remembered that Harmonic Lance just doesn't follow the naming convention.

We have Wo Dao (Sword), Wo Gun and Giant Spoon (Axe), Harmonic Lance (Lance) and Lethal Carrot (Dagger), but "Wo Bow" yet, or a inheritable tome with the Wo Dao effect (Dark Excalibut being the only tome with this effect).

Well... we took more than a year to have a Axe effective against Cvalry units (Poleaxe)...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I used to expect snake tomes, but its been so long that i'm not holding my breath anymore. I thought Azel would come with it since he had no prf tome in his game, but he did't appear on the Fe4 banner.

Its a good tome choice for any of the more plain mages. The main problem is that many of the candidates just aren't likely to appear in the game. Why would they include a standard mage like Orochi, Hayato, Miriel, or other mages without much to draw from when they can just add a new mage with a much flashier tome?

If they decide to add Orochi to the game (which I doubt they will because she isn’t that popular, especially in Japan), I’d want her to bring Rauðrserpent as a reference to Snake Spirit scroll of Fates. On the same grounds, Hayato can come with Gronnserpent because he’s the adopted son of the chief of the WInd Tribe. Thus they could complete the serpent family in a similar way how Mae and Boey completed the owl family started by Katarina several months before their addition.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

If they decide to add Orochi to the game (which I doubt they will because she isn’t that popular, especially in Japan), I’d want her to bring Rauðrserpent as a reference to Snake Spirit scroll of Fates. On the same grounds, Hayato can come with Gronnserpent because he’s the adopted son of the chief of the WInd Tribe. Thus they could complete the serpent family in a similar way how Mae and Boey completed the owl family started by Katarina several months before their addition.

Weren't Mae and Boey first?

I think IS forgot Serpent was a thing.  I'd like to see more generic weapons, instead of everyone and their mother getting a personal weapon with increasingly flimsier justification.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Weren't Mae and Boey first?

They were? I don’t remember anymore. Oof, indeed, Mae and Boey were in May, Katarina was in June.

Doesn’t really matter, though. The owl family was quickly completed, but on the other hand, they have completely forgotten about the serpent.

34 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They were? I don’t remember anymore. Oof, indeed, Mae and Boey were in May, Katarina was in June.

Doesn’t really matter, though. The owl family was quickly completed, but on the other hand, they have completely forgotten about the serpent.

Too busy adding 50 different weapons that have the Killer effect

3 minutes ago, indigospace said:

I just realized that since Aversa is being added to the game, is there a chance that she'll have Rauðrserpent in her kit?  She looks to be a red tome unit.

In the Brave Redux trailer, it shows her wielding Fenrir or Fenrir+, so I do not think she will come with any Rauđr tome.

9 minutes ago, indigospace said:

I just realized that since Aversa is being added to the game, is there a chance that she'll have Rauðrserpent in her kit?  She looks to be a red tome unit.

She is shown with either of the dark tomes, and none of the Rauðr- tomes have dark tomes as prerequisites. It’s very likely to be either Goetia (preferable for me) or Aversa’s Night (which is whatever, I guess).

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She is shown with either of the dark tomes, and none of the Rauðr- tomes have dark tomes as prerequisites. It’s very likely to be either Goetia (preferable for me) or Aversa’s Night (which is whatever, I guess).

The weapon she is holding in the trailer video is almost certainly Flux. It can be seen from the enemy HP values that the mission is Normal difficulty, meaning enemies will typically be holding their Iron-tier weapons.

An update early this year fixed the fact that Raudhrowl had only Elfire, but not Ruin, as a prerequisite, so right now all of the Raudhr- weapons can be learned from either the Flux or the Fire line.