So how good is this game?

Deity

Cause I think Ima get a Wii for christmas, and if I do, I might buy it. I heard that it was sort of lame, tbh. I mean, that it was incredibly hard and frustrating.

Discuss.

it's harder than FE9, it that's what you're asking.

but you have battle save to help you out, unless you're doing hard mode.

you should get the game if you have the opportunity.

Currently my favourite game in the series, though I wonder if Shadow Dragon could be a potential competitor.

It has okay difficulty for normal (battle saves aside), and quite decent for Hard. I don't think it's remotely "incredibly hard and frustrating" since it's not that hard and as for frustrating, it's nothing compared to the unfairness you find in FE5.

My only problem with it is the fact your team is divided up for 90% of the game, and the whole underleveledness of the Part 1 folks compared to Part 2-4.

But overall, the third tiers, the amount of enemies that aren't ridiculously easy, and most notably Haar makes this game quite fun.

Too bad my Wii is broken :(

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

You should get the game. It's great! It's the kind of game I could play over and over again.

There are always new ways to finish it and lots of funny ways to perform the playthroughs.

And the story is just wonderful! I love it!

It's got battle save... that right there is a must have. It's so cool to save your progress in the middle of the chapter and still go on! It makes abusing easy, too. Plus the whole leveling up thing works well, too

This game is awesome! I can't stop playing it. The gameplay rocks and there are so many strategies you can come up with. There are a lot of characters, weapons, skills, the gameplay has a lot of depth. Leveling poeple up is always fun. Battle save is really helpful and it can save you in case you make a stupid mistake. This is my fave Fire Emblem based on gameplay alone. The story's also not as bad as most people say it is, it's just not executed as well as it could be but it's still good. You should definately try it out. It will keep you busy for a long time.

It's my favourite FE, gameplay-wise. Many people think that the story is lame, but I don't think so, it's just not as great some other FEs.

And it was also my first one and the difficulty wasn't that bad - it has an easy mode, which is really easy except for some chapters. I abused many pre-promotes (I didn't know about this XD) and still beat the game without losing characters.

Eh? Haha what do you mean, CGV?

Mia is fucking hot in this game

RD just has many features that are either brand new OR improved from PoR

Edited by CGV

Lol this game is awesome. There are enough characters and combinations you can use each playthrough so you don't get bored. The game is also awesomely difficult. And the units are not bad, the battle save is your friend.

Well, some of the girls have gotten a lot hotter (Jill, Mia) so get it just for them. Otherwise, get it for the gameplay; I don't really like the plot that much (Sephiran's entire role was something I found cool) and I thought PoR's was a lot better, but it's actually pretty fun. 60 or 70 characters too, so it's fun to play over and over again and experiment with....

Well, some of the girls have gotten a lot hotter (Jill, Mia) so get it just for them. Otherwise, get it for the gameplay; I don't really like the plot that much (Sephiran's entire role was something I found cool) and I thought PoR's was a lot better, but it's actually pretty fun. 60 or 70 characters too, so it's fun to play over and over again and experiment with....

A goddamn!! That many characters? Double dosage of: :o

Screw it, I'm getting it. :lol:

To be perfectly fair, the game jumps around a lot. It's hard to stay with a core of 10-12 units, unlike the previous games; you can easily see yourself using a good 30 characters per playthrough at least, and it's probably about 45 chapters worth of gameplay.

To be perfectly fair, the game jumps around a lot. It's hard to stay with a core of 10-12 units, unlike the previous games; you can easily see yourself using a good 30 characters per playthrough at least, and it's probably about 45 chapters worth of gameplay.

I is getting it, good sire. Can I borrow 200 bucks? ^^ Jk

It's a fine game, but it has its flaws. Among other things:

The Dawn Brigade has a lower pool of experience than the Greil Mercs.

Some characters have an atrocious availability and a few of them might be one of your favorites from PoR.

New characters with little importance have equally little backstory due to supports, although I'm one of the few that actually liked the new system of pairing anyone with anybody.

Very few enemies have skills. Maybe I wouldn't want Mastery skills on all part 4 enemies (unless they're slightly nerfed like in PoR), but I wouldn't mind seeing generic Swordmasters with Adept, Sages with Vantage, Dragons with Tides, etc. Bosses should also have at least a skill or two.

Some classes, namely Pallies and magic users, recieved a nerf that was deserved, but their stats were usually all around too low IMO ( Maybe 34-36 Spd cap for Sages and Bishops instead of 30-32? Since when are magic users about as quick as a man clothed in full plate mail? )

I would've liked more Druids as enemies ( and maybe a playable one too ). Berserkers didn't deserve a class cut

just because Largo got his arm cut.

Every game has its flaws and this one is no exception. It's still a fun game all around, though.