Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I'm wondering if I should hold off on using the rest of my Aether until later this week.  If we get an Astra Mythic Hero, that would mean having the potential to score more than 100 points per match.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm wondering if I should hold off on using the rest of my Aether until later this week.  If we get an Astra Mythic Hero, that would mean having the potential to score more than 100 points per match.

That's what I'm planning on doing. I'm only using the minimum amount of Aether necessary to not cap back out with the daily regen.

And then watch as we get a Dark Mythic Hero instead.

And then we did. Oh, well, guess they're leaving the thing that'll have the highest demand for last so that Dark doesn't have to follow so tough an act.

Didn't end up changing my own habits, though I would've been in that camp with you guys if I generally didn't have the time to spend larger amounts of Aether until later in the week. I mean, I guess I could technically just try to blitz throw the whole pool in an hour early on, but that's a good way screw up and unnecessarily waste resources.

I made a huge mistake today that resulted in a offensive loss. Oh well, I already accepted that I will not reach next Tier this season... again...

But maybe I will have a chance next season, if I get Yune. Getting extra points for using a light hero, and reducing the lift lost with a dark hero... this can help me!

Wow, I was not expecting my Goad Flier spam to be this wildly successful.

I've been challenged 10 times so far this week and have a win rate of 90%, counting units killed on a loss as 1/4 of a win each (8 wins, 2 losses with 2 kills each).

My defense current team is

+6 Aversa [=] (Aversa's Night, Reposition, Moonbow, HP/Spd 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, HP/Spd 2) [Water]
+10 Legendary Azura [+Spd] (Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Earth Dance 3)
+10 Eir [+Atk] (Lyfjaberg, Reposition, Iceberg, Swift Sparrow 2, Mystic Boost 3, Goad Fliers, Flier Formation 3)
+10 Palla [+Atk] (Whitewing Blade [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Hardy Bearing 3) [Water]
+10 Est [+Atk] (Whitewing Spear [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Atk/Def Bond 3) [Water]
+10 Catria [+Atk] (Whitewing Lance [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Atk/Spd Bond 3) [Water]

The map layout looks like this:

Spoiler

T1bpZgK.jpg

The hole next to Catria is there to prevent people from going up the right side and sniping people over the wall of structures.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've been challenged 10 times so far this week and have a win rate of 90%, counting units killed on a loss as 1/4 of a win each (8 wins, 2 losses with 2 kills each).

+6 Aversa [=] (Aversa's Night, Reposition, Moonbow, HP/Spd 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, HP/Spd 2) [Water]
+10 Legendary Azura [+Spd] (Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Earth Dance 3)
+10 Eir [+Atk] (Lyfjaberg, Reposition, Iceberg, Swift Sparrow 2, Mystic Boost 3, Goad Fliers, Flier Formation 3)
+10 Palla [+Atk] (Whitewing Blade [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Hardy Bearing 3) [Water]
+10 Est [+Atk] (Whitewing Spear [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Atk/Def Bond 3) [Water]
+10 Catria [+Atk] (Whitewing Lance [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Atk/Spd Bond 3) [Water]

Hide contents

T1bpZgK.jpg

The hole next to Catria is there to prevent people from going up the right side and sniping people over the wall of structures.

Wow! That's a great defensive team. I wouldn't know how to engage combat in a safe position. If I place a unit below the Heavy Trap, Eir would attack me, Azura would dance Eir and make her Attack me again and this setup would reach the requirements for Catria to trigger the Triangle Attack effect.

Maybe a Defensive Archer, with Close Counter and defensive skills could do some damage in your team, but still... I don't know if I could win. You did a great job, Ice Dragon!

I am curious... what type of team made you lose 2 battles?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am curious... what type of team made you lose 2 battles?

Both teams sacked their tank to trigger the AI and had a player-phase unit with dancers to snipe the remaining units.

I also had one more loss last night that used a Close Counter + Vantage Jaffar to snipe Palla's Hardy Bearing and follow up with a Vantage sweep. Huge respect for that Jaffar, though. He was running +10 Jaffar [+Spd] (Deathly Dagger [unique], Reposition, Luna, Close Counter, Vantage 3, Savage Blow 3, Savage Blow 3), which I'm now considering taking for one of my teams (Vantage Jaffar + Vantage Laevatein + 2 dancers + bonus sounds like a decent team comp).

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hide contents

T1bpZgK.jpg

Flier balls are common. But did you ever get beaten by a 6/6/6/6 buffed nailah getting parked below the feh statue? 

I usually park her there vs these flier balls, but i can’t remember if I ever got matched vs you specifically.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Flier balls are common. But did you ever get beaten by a 6/6/6/6 buffed nailah getting parked below the feh statue? 

I usually park her there vs these flier balls, but i can’t remember if I ever got matched vs you specifically.

I haven't yet lost to a Nailah, but I'm also skeptical a Nailah would be able to hold out against my team unless she's running Vantage due to the nature of Goad stacking.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I haven't yet lost to a Nailah, but I'm also skeptical a Nailah would be able to hold out against my team unless she's running Vantage due to the nature of Goad stacking.

It very well might be too much, it’s just that a week or so ago I had a map with the same units, so i was just wondering.

33 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

It very well might be too much, it’s just that a week or so ago I had a map with the same units, so i was just wondering.

I only put the team together late last Saturday, so it would only have been up for 2 days at the end of last season before this season started.

I've been getting more used to the usual teams in Aether Raids.  I've lost a unit or two in multiple battles, but in the last two weeks, I've only had to use my escape ladder once.

I end this season with 12,060 Lift, which is currently rank 1,446, so I should have no trouble keeping top 3,000.

My defense team ends this week with 10 wins, 5 losses, and 7 kills on losses, for a total 78% win rate.

Two of my losses were to Vantage sweepers, so I think I might sacrifice some of Aversa's Sabotage Panic effectiveness (or give Azura some combat skills?) for Hardy Bearing instead since Palla lacks the reach to use it effectively.

This mode is so bullshit. I'm so sick of losing/surrendering 99% of my battles because of things like players locking one or two units behind barriers of objects, unavoidable traps rendering my whole team all but dead with 1HP right away, and units I bring in specifically to counter the most problematic ones still die to them. Like, I brought in Bunny Palla to help deal with traps and OP units like Surtr, but no matter what armor I have her attack, she'll die to them or they'll somehow survive even though she doubles them.

I've also tried using advice, but none of it works. I think IS needs to make changes.

Got Yune and set up a team around her, and got the stones to raise dew to get my offense fort to level 4. I better make T20 this upcoming season. I swear, if I don't break out of T19 by the time they release (and I pull for) the Astra Mythic, I'm burning my account to the ground.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

I maintained tier 19 so brava moi. 
i have a Yune, but have no idea how to build a defense team, or defense anything, so the goal is, pls don't suck. basically right now i am just playing tier 19 to get stuffs. while i know more grails are past tier 19 - just not my cuppa. (I don't even know how i got to tier 19 to be honest with you LOL just fluked into there). 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This mode is so bullshit. I'm so sick of losing/surrendering 99% of my battles because of things like players locking one or two units behind barriers of objects, unavoidable traps rendering my whole team all but dead with 1HP right away, and units I bring in specifically to counter the most problematic ones still die to them. Like, I brought in Bunny Palla to help deal with traps and OP units like Surtr, but no matter what armor I have her attack, she'll die to them or they'll somehow survive even though she doubles them.

I've also tried using advice, but none of it works. I think IS needs to make changes.

Do you have several different teams that utilizes several different strategies? Unlike in Arena Assault where  you can just rely on picking counter units, in Aether Raids, it is a little more complicated than that and you have to pick a team with an offense strategy that counters the defense team's strategy.

The defense team has no Hardy Bearing or anything that counters Vantage? Pick a team that has a Vantage unit. About a quarter to a third of the maps in Tier 19 and 20 are super vulnerable to Vantage. Even Tier 21 got a few defense teams that are completely useless against Vantage.

The defense team is focused on stalling? Nuke them down with a regular Player Phase team with 2 or 3 different type of nukes: Blade mages, Blazing mages, quad Brave archers, Firesweep-Savage Blowers/Pain healers, etc. No amount of Ward Armor stacking is going to save a stalling armor team from crippling Pain for example.

The defense team is focused on Blazing-Hardy Bearing spam with lots of Firesweepers? Use a Galeforce team.

The defense team is using flier balls? I have not found an easy solution yet and I am still losing against those teams, but maybe Galeforcers or Blazing mages can work.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do you have several different teams that utilizes several different strategies? Unlike in Arena Assault where  you can just rely on picking counter units, in Aether Raids, it is a little more complicated than that and you have to pick a team with an offense strategy that counters the defense team's strategy.

The defense team has no Hardy Bearing or anything that counters Vantage? Pick a team that has a Vantage unit. About a quarter to a third of the maps in Tier 19 and 20 are super vulnerable to Vantage. Even Tier 21 got a few defense teams that are completely useless against Vantage.

The defense team is focused on stalling? Nuke them down with a regular Player Phase team with 2 or 3 different type of nukes: Blade mages, Blazing mages, quad Brave archers, Firesweep-Savage Blowers/Pain healers, etc. No amount of Ward Armor stacking is going to save a stalling armor team from crippling Pain for example.

The defense team is focused on Blazing-Hardy Bearing spam with lots of Firesweepers? Use a Galeforce team.

The defense team is using flier balls? I have not found an easy solution yet and I am still losing against those teams, but maybe Galeforcers or Blazing mages can work.

I don't have some of that. I don't have any units with Galeforce and I don't really use any units that are from Blazing Sword except for Nino (and only because she's good). I don't know what being from FE7 has to do with anything anyway? I don't have any Firesweep units with Savage Blow either.

I do bring in Vantage units sometimes.

What the heck are flier balls?

I did forget about having several teams, but I have no idea what I'm going up against, so I have no idea what counters/skills/seals I'm supposed to put in. How am I supposed to know what offense teams to set up?

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have some of that. I don't have any units with Galeforce and I don't really use any units that are from Blazing Sword except for Nino (and only because she's good). I don't know what being from FE7 has to do with anything anyway? I don't have any Firesweep units with Savage Blow either.

I do bring in Vantage units sometimes.

What the heck are flier balls?

I did forget about having several teams, but I have no idea what I'm going up against, so I have no idea what counters/skills/seals I'm supposed to put in. How am I supposed to know what offense teams to set up?

He didn't say anything about Blazing Sword, he said Blazing mages. IE, AOE Specials. Ophelia specializes at this but you can also use units like Lilina, Lewyn,or Nino.

Flier Balls are Def teams of all Flying units designed that way to abuse warping to wreck the opponent

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

He didn't say anything about Blazing Sword, he said Blazing mages. IE, AOE Specials. Ophelia specializes at this but you can also use units like Lilina, Lewyn,or Nino.

He should've just said AoE specials then. "Blazing mages" isn't really clear on that, at least to me. But I don't have Lewyn or Ophelia. And since I can't stand Ophelia's design, I'd never use her anyway.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Flier Balls are Def teams of all Flying units designed that way to abuse warping to wreck the opponent

Oh. That sounds super annoying.

This season will be my chance to try to reach Tier 21. All my teams will score at max between 140 and 160, and I have Yune on my defensive team, so even if I lost some lift, I will lose less than normal.

The problem is... Water Season means Legendary Azura everywhere!

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He should've just said AoE specials then. "Blazing mages" isn't really clear on that, at least to me. But I don't have Lewyn or Ophelia. And since I can't stand Ophelia's design, I'd never use her anyway.

Oh. That sounds super annoying.

You can use Nino, they can help deal with Flier Balls because you can chip away at their health all at once but you'll likely need a way for her to charge it quickly since only Ophelia can easily enter a map with Blazing Wind or Blazing Light ready to go.