What games would you want more DLC for?

Fabulously Olivier

DLC is always a controversial subject in gaming. On one hand, it's a great opportunity to get more out of the games we love. On the other hand, it can be abused to release half-assed attempts at milking the playerbase. I'm sure that, despite our opinions on DLC, we all have at least one game that we want more of, whether it's more characters, more stages, more quests, or anything else.

These are mine:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I would pretty much buy any number of new characters. Screw tourney balance, Smash is the ultimate party game.

Fire Emblem Warriors

Unlike Zelda, which has a limited roster of potential characters, Fire Emblem has hundreds of characters to choose from, and I would buy most of them. It doesn't help that most of the franchise is completely unrepresented in this crossover, and many fan favorites (straight up popularity poll winners) like Ike, Roy, and Hector are nowhere to be seen. Several such characters were explicitly namedropped as being held back to sell a potential sequel, and if that sequel never happens, fans of those characters just got shafted for no good reason. 

Injustice 2

As a casual player, I do not care about balance. I like playing characters and gearing them out. So, I would always jump at the chance for new character packs. DC has such a large pool of great heroes to choose from.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I wouldn't say no to more Blades, costumes, and quests.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

I know this game isn't even out yet (and we don't know the full roster), but regardless of how many superheroes they have, I would always be willing to buy more.

A Zelda Mode for Breath of the Wild would be interesting. An alternate version of events where Zelda gets injured and Link traps Ganon for the 100 years- he can always try to contain him in the Master Sword. Link himself become encrusted in Malice, like a statue, but nonetheless able to hold back Ganon- he just can't kill him without Zelda. Might allow for a pseudo-Dark Link battle when Zelda gets to the final battle.

More details I thought of:

Spoiler

I'd bring back the old Magic Meter and give Zelda various spells in addition to the Sheikah Slate, with some spells interacting with the Runes. Such as the ability to coat crates in flames, ice, or electricity, and then blow them up with the same.

I'd also have it so the Champions got mortal wounds, but killed the -Blights and mustered a shot against Ganon, leaving the Divine Beasts fairly irrelevant to Zelda's Mode, not totally, but not as important. Warding off a smaller Malice threat and helping out the successors to the Champions would be enough.

Instead, she can have three Dragon-centric main quests, since each is the guardian of a spring she went to to awaken her powers, and because the Dragons are just kinda there as is. I'd make them into defenders of the Sacred Realm in this particular version of Hyrule, they do this successfully in Link Mode, but in Zelda Mode are fully Maliced and Zelda has to purify them and the various portions of the Sacred Realm. To make things easier on the development side, it is possible that Skyward Sword's Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm, if true BotW's Sacred Realm could just be the same old areas as in the base game, just on a higher plane of existence.

Instead of the Master Sword, Zelda can get Light Arrows. Which since Ancient Arrows exist would have to be toned down a bit from their usual. Massive AoE stun and decent damage to ordinary enemies, near-AA power on Guardians and bosses. What would be really nice would be Light Arrows turning Ancient Arrows into Silver Arrows, just because I have a fondness for the original ultimate arrow type.

Lastly, change the Yiga Hideout mission. Instead of sneaking in as Link does, Zelda, in a more comedic plotline, disguises herself as one of them, named Yiggah. Just to throw in a parody of Sheik. 

Of course, the issue is BotW was made wholly with Link in mind, thus the game would not be suited for a Zelda with notable gameplay play differences.

Not to mention that apparently it was somewhere stated BotW was never supposed to have DLC in the first place. All DLC is stuff that was supposed to be in the base game, but which they couldn't include for some reason, perhaps time.

And I couldn't help myself but create for XC2: TtGC an incomplete but fairly detailed Team Sagi, from Baten Kaitos Origins, another Monolith Soft property. There are only three PCs in BKO, and they could suit TtGC's tag team gameplay. Of course, they'd need a little storyline to go with them, and ideally a new place for that story to unfold. My gameplay details:

Spoiler

Gameplay BKO trio:

Driver- Sagi

Weapons: 

• Laevateinn the Flameking
  • Excalibur
  • Dark Apocalypse/Ravensblood 
  • Thunderous Apocalypse
  • Icy Apocalypse

Auto Attacks- The standard Weak/Medium/Strong Attack sequence

Vanguard Arts: 

• Scension
  • Heavenfall
  • Cliffsunder

Rearguard Arts:

• Bomb- heavy damage, 25% chance of dealing 25% of enemy’s current HP (can be resisted).
  • Gena’s Pinion- Accelerates Vanguard and Blade Switch regeneration for all teams.
  • Force- Increases Special accumulation for this team.

Talent Art: Spirit’s Power- All arts have a chance of Break, Topple, Launch or Smash for a limited time. Condition- Special is at level 4, which is then consumed.

Switch Art: Heartwing Strike- Breaks

Specials: 

I- Sunderbolt 

II- True Rime Flower

III- True Crimson Sky Tooth

Blade: Guillo

Auto Attacks- The standard Weak/Medium/Strong Attack B sequence

Vanguard Arts:

• Firewheel
  • Fulgadrum
  • Ghostarrow

Rearguard Arts:

• Book of Mana- heals everyone.
  • Shadowflame Engine- deals more damage at and below 30% HP.
  • Taunt- increases this team’s Aggro.

Talent Art: Shining Arms- Usable if the enemy has an active aura, increases attack for as long as enemy has an aura up.

Switch Art: Twin Ice Augur- Launch

Specials:

I- Heavenlapse

II- Goddrake’s Thunderblast

III- Fellstar Trebuchet

IV- Not including my details on this because of spoilers in my description.

Blade: Milliarde

Auto Attacks- A blend of the Attacks both normal and B.

Vanguard Arts:

• Pegasus Jump
  • Mirage Turn
  • Canyon Wind

Rearguard Arts:

• Pegasus Feather- Agility up for all.
  • Arabesque- AoE attack.
  • Imperial Ward- applies Barrier to Sagi.

Talent Art: Butterfly’s Dance- Increases Auto Attack speed but prevents use of Specials (Specials can still be gained though).

Switch Art: Rabbit Dash- Topple

Specials:

I- Swallow’s Flight

II- Burning Frost II

III- Empyreal Thunder

IV- Milly and Sagi swap weapons and attack, then both use one mace, and it ends with a strike each with a hand of each on Sagi’s katana.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Zelda Mode for Breath of the Wild would be interesting. An alternate version of events where Zelda gets injured and Link traps Ganon for the 100 years- he can always try to contain him in the Master Sword. Link himself become encrusted in Malice, like a statue, but nonetheless able to hold back Ganon- he just can't kill him without Zelda. Might allow for a pseudo-Dark Link battle when Zelda gets to the final battle.

More details I thought of:

Reveal hidden contents

I'd bring back the old Magic Meter and give Zelda various spells in addition to the Sheikah Slate, with some spells interacting with the Runes. Such as the ability to coat crates in flames, ice, or electricity, and then blow them up with the same.

I'd also have it so the Champions got mortal wounds, but killed the -Blights and mustered a shot against Ganon, leaving the Divine Beasts fairly irrelevant to Zelda's Mode, not totally, but not as important. Warding off a smaller Malice threat and helping out the successors to the Champions would be enough.

Instead, she can have three Dragon-centric main quests, since each is the guardian of a spring she went to to awaken her powers, and because the Dragons are just kinda there as is. I'd make them into defenders of the Sacred Realm in this particular version of Hyrule, they do this successfully in Link Mode, but in Zelda Mode are fully Maliced and Zelda has to purify them and the various portions of the Sacred Realm. To make things easier on the development side, it is possible that Skyward Sword's Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm, if true BotW's Sacred Realm could just be the same old areas as in the base game, just on a higher plane of existence.

Instead of the Master Sword, Zelda can get Light Arrows. Which since Ancient Arrows exist would have to be toned down a bit from their usual. Massive AoE stun and decent damage to ordinary enemies, near-AA power on Guardians and bosses. What would be really nice would be Light Arrows turning Ancient Arrows into Silver Arrows, just because I have a fondness for the original ultimate arrow type.

Lastly, change the Yiga Hideout mission. Instead of sneaking in as Link does, Zelda, in a more comedic plotline, disguises herself as one of them, named Yiggah. Just to throw in a parody of Sheik. 

Of course, the issue is BotW was made wholly with Link in mind, thus the game would not be suited for a Zelda with notable gameplay play differences.

Not to mention that apparently it was somewhere stated BotW was never supposed to have DLC in the first place. All DLC is stuff that was supposed to be in the base game, but which they couldn't include for some reason, perhaps time.

And I couldn't help myself but create for XC2: TtGC an incomplete but fairly detailed Team Sagi, from Baten Kaitos Origins, another Monolith Soft property. There are only three PCs in BKO, and they could suit TtGC's tag team gameplay. Of course, they'd need a little storyline to go with them, and ideally a new place for that story to unfold. My gameplay details:

Hide contents

Gameplay BKO trio:

Driver- Sagi

Weapons: 

• Laevateinn the Flameking
  • Excalibur
  • Dark Apocalypse/Ravensblood 
  • Thunderous Apocalypse
  • Icy Apocalypse

Auto Attacks- The standard Weak/Medium/Strong Attack sequence

Vanguard Arts: 

• Scension
  • Heavenfall
  • Cliffsunder

Rearguard Arts:

• Bomb- heavy damage, 25% chance of dealing 25% of enemy’s current HP (can be resisted).
  • Gena’s Pinion- Accelerates Vanguard and Blade Switch regeneration for all teams.
  • Force- Increases Special accumulation for this team.

Talent Art: Spirit’s Power- All arts have a chance of Break, Topple, Launch or Smash for a limited time. Condition- Special is at level 4, which is then consumed.

Switch Art: Heartwing Strike- Breaks

Specials: 

I- Sunderbolt 

II- True Rime Flower

III- True Crimson Sky Tooth

Blade: Guillo

Auto Attacks- The standard Weak/Medium/Strong Attack B sequence

Vanguard Arts:

• Firewheel
  • Fulgadrum
  • Ghostarrow

Rearguard Arts:

• Book of Mana- heals everyone.
  • Shadowflame Engine- deals more damage at and below 30% HP.
  • Taunt- increases this team’s Aggro.

Talent Art: Shining Arms- Usable if the enemy has an active aura, increases attack for as long as enemy has an aura up.

Switch Art: Twin Ice Augur- Launch

Specials:

I- Heavenlapse

II- Goddrake’s Thunderblast

III- Fellstar Trebuchet

IV- Not including my details on this because of spoilers in my description.

Blade: Milliarde

Auto Attacks- A blend of the Attacks both normal and B.

Vanguard Arts:

• Pegasus Jump
  • Mirage Turn
  • Canyon Wind

Rearguard Arts:

• Pegasus Feather- Agility up for all.
  • Arabesque- AoE attack.
  • Imperial Ward- applies Barrier to Sagi.

Talent Art: Butterfly’s Dance- Increases Auto Attack speed but prevents use of Specials (Specials can still be gained though).

Switch Art: Rabbit Dash- Topple

Specials:

I- Swallow’s Flight

II- Burning Frost II

III- Empyreal Thunder

IV- Milly and Sagi swap weapons and attack, then both use one mace, and it ends with a strike each with a hand of each on Sagi’s katana.

They should totally turn at least Sagi into a Blade.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. *Crosses fingers for Doomguy*

Fire Emblem Warriors: If Fire Emblem Warriors can me a character or two that I actually care about, I'm down for it.

Soul Calibur 6: Game's awesome. Geralt and 2B are fantastic additions, and I'd like to see who else they can bring in. 

24 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I won't be satisfied until Bethesda is reduced to a fine paste clad in horse armor.

Long as that armor leaves Id Software out it, I don't give a damn.

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. *Crosses fingers for Doomguy*

Fire Emblem Warriors: If Fire Emblem Warriors can me a character or two that I actually care about, I'm down for it.

Soul Calibur 6: Game's awesome. Geralt and 2B are fantastic additions, and I'd like to see who else they can bring in. 

Long as that armor leaves Id Software out it, I don't give a damn.

I am very much of the opinion that Bethesda only exists for Id Software and Sega only exists for Atlus these days.

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I am very much of the opinion that Bethesda only exists for Id Software and Sega only exists for Atlus these days.

I'd add Yakuza to the Sega list if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

You seem to be forgetting Phantasy Star, Yakuza, the recent revival of Streets of Rage, and Sakura Wars on the horizon, Valkyria Chronicles, and several other things I could name with their brand on it.

Not to mention besides the stumble of Sonic Forces we did just get Sonic Mania Plus and the fact that they make damn good racing games with the brand (the upcoming Sonic Racing game is pretty much using the engine perfected in All Stars Racing Transformed but with a team focus).

Edited by Jedi

Fire Emblem Warriors: Even if it is just to get more characters like Alm, Hector, Camus and The Reinhardt. More History Mode maps would also be nice.

Pokémon Lets GO: Something I know Gamefreak would never do but it would be cool if they added the Johto region and mons into the game as a $15-$20 DLC pack.

Pokken Tournament: With Aegislash and Blastoise in the game that one empty slot continues to bother me. What are the chances that they left that slot open to help promote a future gen 8 Pokémon?

Mario Kart 8: It is probably too late for more DLC for this game since they seemed to have stopped after the first two but I am surprised Nintendo didn't do more DLC for this game unless it DLC sold poorly without my knowledge. Anyways, assuming Mario Kart 9 or Nintendo Kart are not becoming a thing soon I would like to see more tracks and characters added to the game. Some more retro Mario tracks from older Mario Kart games along with crossover tracks and characters like Princess Zelda, Diddy Kong, K Rool, Samus, Captain Falcon, Fox, Kirby and add racing tracks for the Metroid, Star Fox, and the Kirby series.

Persona 5:

If a updated re-release is not in the books for Persona 5, then an extra story featuring Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) and Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3):

Spoiler
  • For Naoto, then her story features either her fall from grace (hence Goro gets to carry out his nefarious plans unchecked), or her attempts (as the former Detective Prince) to get to the bottom of things perpetrated by the Conspiracy, or a combination of both.
  • For Mitsuru, her struggles in towing the line for the rest of the Shadow Operatives while negotiating the demands of the increasingly corrupt Japanese Government, and her inner struggles in having to do the Government's nefarious biddings against Mitsuru's will.
  • And optionally, a finale featuring their own battle against Shido's henchmen separate to the Phantom Thieves.

I believe that a "bigger picture" integration between P5's story and the rest of the series was needed particularly for this plot, and that the lack of one is it's biggest weakness.

Also, if P5 is coming to the Switch, Tokyo Mirage Sessions costumes, please.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night:

• Nanako's "Lavenza" Costume
  • Actually, everyone else's P5 Costume
  • While we are at it, Tokyo Mirage Sessions Costume as well:
    • Yu: Itsuki
    • Yosuke: Touma
    • Chie: Eleonora
    • Yukiko: Maiko (due to both being voiced by Ami Koshimizu)
    • Kanji: Barry
    • Rise: Don't know
    • Naoto: Yashiro or Kiria
    • Teddie: Not sure
    • Nanako: Mamori
    • Margaret: Not sure
    • Marie: Tiki?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Persona series Costume

• Itsuki: Yu (P4) or Akira (P5). Probably not Minato (P3)
  • Tsubasa: Haru (P5) or Yukiko (P4)
  • Touma: Junpei (P3), Yosuke (P4), or Ryuji (P5)
  • Kiria: Mitsuru (P3), Naoto (P4G - extended epilogue outfit), or Marie (P4G)
  • Eleonora: Chie (P4) or Ann (P5)
  • Yashiro: Akihiko (P3), or Goro (P5)
  • Mamori: Nanako (P4) or Lavenza (P5)
Edited by henrymidfields

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

- I've said it before, but I want my tragicomedy of how Valbar, Leon, and Kamui met, and how they ended up on Barths island by the time they enter the main story. I could see them having Silque, Jesse, and Saber make cameo appearances, as well as pulling some unique twists on the boat maps.

- Maps that show what was happening in Rigel both before and during the games plot, such as Rigel invading Zofia after Lima IV didn't keep his end of the bargain, or Jedah overthrowing Halcyon, and several other events that are mentioned in the Valentia Accordian.

- An extra map to get both Deen AND Soyna in a single playthrough. It should be a challenging level, where the player has to face both their armies at once while fighting another threat, such as sand worms and/or an ancient city being swallowed by quicksand or something to make it unique and memorable and worth paying for.

- More of an expansion pack than DLC, but show the aftermath of the game. Since it enters spoiler territory:

Spoiler

Have the player pretty much "rule" Valentia for an in-game year or so. The world map would be less linear and instead gain strategic importance. Have the ability to hire generic troops as you calm or suppress uprisings and rebellions and fend against bandit and pirate attacks. Add new classes, weapons, and have multiple ways to handle conflicts. Heck, maybe even have multiple endings depending on what the player does.

Storywise, it would be a chance to address some of the problems people have with the original story. We could actually see Alm dealing with having the "a persons worth is determined by their character, not their blood" Aesop he's been promoting be broken by something outside of his control, as well as having it sink in what unknowingly killing his father and becoming king of a united Valentia truly means. It would also be a chance for Celica to learn and grow from the experiences in the main game, and thus mature into the wise woman her ending calls her. We could get to see intereactions between characters from both Alm and Celicas armies, and more.

Into The Breach

I'm expecting Subset Games to do what they did with FTL: Faster Than Light and release an advanced edition of the game for free. Regardless: Add more pilots, more mechs, more weapons, more Vek types, and more missions types. I'm also expecting them to find ways to insert the excellent backstory the pilots and companies have into the game, as while the current implementation is great, there are several ways it could be improved upon.

All Three Fire Emblem 3DS Titles

Cheap costume packs. Have stuff like classic class looks, Gaiden designs for SoV characters, modern day clothes, more modest outfits for classes that have fancervicy designs and vice versa, stuff that is deliberately and enjoyably goofy and silly, outfits that are just plain awesome, and custom costumes for each character, and much more. My only two requests is to have variety and be creative with it.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: I just want to watch the world burn... but also get OG Dragon Ball content like a playable Roshi, Kid Krillin, OG series costumes and dialogues for GT Goku... because something tells me they're gonna ignore it in Xenoverse 3...

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

All Three Fire Emblem 3DS Titles

Cheap costume packs. Have stuff like classic class looks, Gaiden designs for SoV characters, modern day clothes, more modest outfits for classes that have fancervicy designs and vice versa, stuff that is deliberately and enjoyably goofy and silly, outfits that are just plain awesome, and custom costumes for each character, and much more. My only two requests is to have variety and be creative with it.

I'd be down for this and something of a crossover DLC between Fates and Awakening allowing some of the characters from each game to interact with one-another. Just imagine Maribelle scolding Peri or Priam challenging Ryoma! It's a basic idea, but let's face it, it'd be fun to happen!

Edited by Light Strategist

4 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Pokémon Lets GO: Something I know Gamefreak would never do but it would be cool if they added the Johto region and mons into the game as a $15-$20 DLC pack.

Why settle for 20 dollars when you can charge 60 for Pokemon Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go Larvitar, releasing in November 2020?