What 2019 should bring to us

Garlyle

2018 was a mixed bag for Heroes, we got some staple units and some fun gameplay modes, but at some places the got sloppy with the design and alts - not to mention Relay Defense and others disasters. So let's keep our hopes up that the game becomes better.

• Units should come: Gale (best Camus?), more Judgral, Tellius, Binding Blade units, less alts and fatesawakening
  • Design changes: the giant mess of Allies menu should be completely redesigned.
  • Gameplay changes: skill shops, also make Gen1 units relevant somehow besides weapon refines

Well, what about you guys?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're going to repeat most of their seasonal banners like they did in 2018, then I'd like to see some tie-ins with last year's seasonals. Wouldn't it be great to have Spring Anna in an easter getup alongside Alfonse and Sharena, for example? Not all of them need to be like this (I want new game reps as much as the next person), but if it was say, half the banner? It'd be a nice way to give the old ones some love and justifying rerunning their banners.

I usually go with the flow as I usually expect to be surprised, but I got a couple of changes I want:

-No more grindy and time-consuming modes like relay defense. 

-Increase the rewards of Rival Domains. I can get pass the Forging Bonds because of their shorter amount of time needed

-Lay off Fates already. We are just starting a new year, and they even manage to slip some Fates crap even without any Fates characters :dry:

Awakening's actually significantly under-represented given its popularity.  It just feels over-represented because of the large number of Robin alts; there's actually more Elibe units characters in the game than there are Awakening units characters.  (not counting alts)

This surprised me too, when I actually looked at the numbers - counting alts, we have 74 Fates units, 53 Awakening units, 20 Tellius units, 22 Sacred Stones units, 54 52 Elibe units, 8 Thracia units, 19 Jugdral units, 20 Valentia units, and 38 Archanea units; counting only unique characters, we have 45 from Fates, 30 from Awakening, 13 from Tellius, 13 from Sacred Stones, 36 from Elibe, 6 from Thracia, 19 from Jugdral, 18 from Valentia, and 31 from Archanea.

There's definitely room for more (non-alts) out of Awakening, for sure.

Otherwise I pretty much agree with the posts so far.

Edited by Reiska
Because I can't math at 9 AM, apparently

• Most important:
    • Combat manual shop, you can buy manual of any unit registered in your logbook as pulled.  Currency should be slow to some degree (maybe around the current rate of Sacred Coins), to not ruin the point of whaling, but it can help provide long term goals and help fix the build variety issue that plagues ftp people.  Maybe have the manuals come 4* to add a feather gate to some skills/merges to further slow it down.  
      • If this is asking too much, there at least should be some kind of long term investment of resources that any unit can go through, that is not reliant on the gacha.  Think skill levels in F/GO, or Magia levels in MagiReco.  
    • BST fix for old units (pre-Ayra).  The fact we still do not have this is awful.
    • An interesting endgame mode that is not P2W.  AR was almost there, but Mythics went and ruined it.
    • Better story/writing.  Sell us characters, IS.  Don't sell stats.   
  • Almost as important:
    • Summoning pool dilution fix, also more demotions.  We haven't had a demotion since Silas, who released in September.
    • The ability to both mythic bless and legendary bless one unit, the blessing system is restrictive enough as is, they shouldn't be mutually exclusive.
    • More varied representation in new heroes banners.  Binding Blade finally getting a banner is a start.  
  • Kinda important:
    • More grails, they are way more limited than they should be.  Give us some for TT/FB or something.
    • Same for Sacred Coins/refining stones/dew

52 minutes ago, Reiska said:

Awakening's actually significantly under-represented given its popularity.  It just feels over-represented because of the large number of Robin alts; there's actually more Elibe units in the game than there are Awakening units. 

This surprised me too, when I actually looked at the numbers - counting alts, we have 74 Fates units, 53 Awakening units, 20 Tellius units, 22 Sacred Stones units, 54 Elibe units, 8 Thracia units, 19 Jugdral units, 20 Valentia units, and 38 Archanea units; counting only unique characters, we have 45 from Fates, 30 from Awakening, 13 from Tellius, 13 from Sacred Stones, 36 from Elibe, 6 from Thracia, 19 from Jugdral, 18 from Valentia, and 31 from Archanea.

There's definitely room for more (non-alts) out of Awakening, for sure.

Otherwise I pretty much agree with the posts so far.

Wow Fates has more characters than Elibe, Magvel and Jugdral combined. Its also larger than Archenea and Jugdral. 

Those numbers are kinda rough and do speak of mayor favoritism. 

I guess Blazing sword must have pretty good representation too if Elibe is larger than Awakening despite Binding Blade having received practically nothing since launch. 

Rinkah

Good, now something different. 

• seperating 4-3* pool for the sake of balance in pulling
  • A new mode which surprises us positively
  • Still more use of friendlist, more modes should make use of it

Can't go to deep, because I always feel that it is their work to surprise us. But ok, some things we think of can be considered I guess. 

Edited by Stroud

We need less alts unless its seasonal (Winter, spring etc) and it needs to be not fatesawakening. More Tellius characters and overall older characters. I hope they make more quests for sacred coins, i find they are very hard to get. Hopefully they dont go crazy on the powercreep, some of these new units are getting pretty strong (Hrid, surtr, Christmas ephraim and more).

i like most of the modes in heroes even tap battle but i dislike rival domains/grand conquests, i dont participate in these ones that much cause they are that boring to me. 

we know laguz are finally coming so i hope they release more throughout the year and not start with taguals after tibarn and nailaih 

31 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wow Fates has more characters than Elibe, Magvel and Jugdral combined. Its also larger than Archenea and Jugdral. 

Those numbers are kinda rough and do speak of mayor favoritism. 

I guess Blazing sword must have pretty good representation too if Elibe is larger than Awakening despite Binding Blade having received practically nothing since launch. 

Well, first off, looking over my notes again, I have to make a minor correction: counting alts, the total number of Elibe units is actually 52, not 54.  That's what I get for trying to do math early in the morning.  (That said, the non-alts numbers were correct - 36 unique Elibe characters to 30 unique Ylisse characters).  I'll fix the original post in a bit.

As for the breakdown, it's 33 Blazing Blade and 19 Binding Blade units, alts included.

• Travant, Idunn, Nergal, Ashnard, and Sephiran are all noteworthy missing villains.
  • Bruno and regular Veronica, finally? I hope so.
  • More FE5, and by more FE5 I mean Osian.
  • Fates beasts. I don't want more Fates otherwise, but they all did well on CYL2 and deserve it. In particular, if they have any sense, they'll at least announce Selkie sometime before CYL3. (Could be advance notice of a future banner, like what they did with FE5.)
  • Alts for Alm and Seliph. They're the only lords who haven't gotten any version since before the original CYL banner, so they feel kind of out of date. Could also make a case for Eliwood, since he's gotten a seasonal version since then but nothing more.
  • Mythic Heroes that aren't alts.
  • An option to use Heroic Grails to get Combat Manuals of the Askr trio.
  • Armored dancer.
  • Refinements for Dark Excalibur, Dark Aura, Cursed Lance, Grimoire, Naglfar, Valflame, Wargod's Tome, and the remaining regular weapons.
  • No more bullshit like Adrift, or two-character main banners, or mechanics needing text boxes as giant as the ones Mythic Heroes caused.
  • Don't break the game.
  • Skill that disables enemy dance skills?

I don't mind 2-character main banners as long as they don't use them as an excuse to only release 2 characters at a time.  (In other words, I'm fine if the standard for new hero events changes to having two 2-unit focuses instead of a single 4-unit focus.  Not fine if it changes to only having a single 2-unit focus.)

Less Fates stuff plz. Even Awakening content right now would be nicer to see.

Seasonal Ike, plz. Seriously! He's the only original top CYL candidate to not have a seasonal alt yet. Lyn, Roy, Hector, Chrom, Ephraim, Camilla, Lucina, Eirika, Tharja, they've all gotten at least one seasonal. Ike has zero. And he made the top 5 males TWICE and the top ten overall TWICE. And he was literally the top male. Why is IS ignoring such a cash cow... :(

Frederick refine plz. IS, you're ignoring the clear idea for him here too in his beautiful axe from Warriors. :(

Can we also have a better way of looking for a seal in our seal inventory to equip on someone? I'm tired of having to scroll a lot.

EDIT: I'd say Ashera is more notable than Sephiran. Especially since the latter is a big spoiler while the former is an actual final boss.

Edited by Anacybele

No more alts & Fatesawakening units period.

The CYL alts will always be a thing & they're going to get power creep but the next Surtr anyways.

I'm sick of people giving crap to the 3DS era & always complaining about alts, so just toss them all of them away & have nothing but Binding Blade & Tellius duology from now on. I'm sure people will find a way to be angry about that too somehow.

12 minutes ago, Reiska said:

I don't mind 2-character main banners as long as they don't use them as an excuse to only release 2 characters at a time.  (In other words, I'm fine if the standard for new hero events changes to having two 2-unit focuses instead of a single 4-unit focus.  Not fine if it changes to only having a single 2-unit focus.)

Huh, that'd be interesting. I don't think it's likely, though, it'd make it so easy to snipe units. Also it could mean not having any 4* drops, which would be unfortunate.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Less Fates stuff plz. Even Awakening content right now would be nicer to see.

Seasonal Ike, plz. Seriously! He's the only original top CYL candidate to not have a seasonal alt yet. Lyn, Roy, Hector, Chrom, Ephraim, Camilla, Lucina, Eirika, Tharja, they've all gotten at least one seasonal. Ike has zero. And he made the top 5 males TWICE and the top ten overall TWICE. Why is IS ignoring such a cash cow... :(

Frederick refine plz. IS, you're ignoring the clear idea for him here too in his beautiful axe from Warriors. :(

Can we also have a better way of looking for a seal in our seal inventory to equip on someone? I'm tired of having to scroll a lot.

Yeah, Ike's lack of a seasonal is strange.

And seal inventory is an issue. Maybe an option to register favorites?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

No more alts & Fatesawakening units period.

The CYL alts will always be a thing & they're going to get power creep but the next Surtr anyways.

I'm sick of people giving crap to the 3DS era & always complaining about alts, so just toss them all of them away & have nothing but Binding Blade & Tellius duology from now on. I'm sure people will find a way to be angry about that too somehow.

You know that complaining about other people complaining just increases the number of people complaining, right?

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Ike's lack of a seasonal is strange.

And seal inventory is an issue. Maybe an option to register favorites?

Exactly! Ike fans ought to feel so left out here. We wanna see our beloved mercenary dressed in a seasonal outfit and have a funny reaction to it. Because he so would. lol Ike is so blunt and serious that he'd feel awkward in anything like that, but it'd be amusing to see that reaction and possibly who talked him into dressing that way. Either Mist or Elincia, I reckon. XD He'd also probably look so hot/handsome depending on the outfit. Summer RD Ike would be rockin' those muscles and cool swim trunks, for example. I'd drool at that since I already think he's hot. :P

I would just hope that he's not drawn too suggestively. I like muscles, but I'm not into manhood bulges or anything like that. Summer Freddy having been a victim of this is...awkward to me, even though it's also amusing in a way because of his personality and he actually always had a bulge to begin with (also makes me wonder if he even realizes just how big he is down there...). I love his art otherwise though, of course!

And yeah, either that, or let us sort them by most used, least used, fully upgraded, their general function, etc.

Edited by Anacybele

i actually like 2 person banners, and I don't mind that it was to introduce more units. for those who wanna +10 - it's great and for those who wanna work the percentages in their favour and get better chances of pity breaks on a colour - that's great too, so more of that would actually be great 

25 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i actually like 2 person banners, and I don't mind that it was to introduce more units. for those who wanna +10 - it's great and for those who wanna work the percentages in their favour and get better chances of pity breaks on a colour - that's great too, so more of that would actually be great 

Here's the way I see it, looking at the main banners for 2018:

• FE10: 4 units (3 banner, 1 GHB)
  • FE8: 5 units (3 banner, 1 GHB, 1 TT)
  • Valentine's Day: 5 units (4 banner, 1 TT)
  • Fallen Heroes: 4 units (3 banner, 1 GHB)
  • FE13 (Chrom): 4 units (3 banner, 1 TT)
  • Spring: 4 units (4 banner)
  • FE5: 6 units (4 banner, 1 GHB, 1 TT)
  • FE14 (Birthright): 5 units (3 banner, 1 GHB, 1 GC)
  • FE4 (Gen 2): 4 units (3 banner, 1 GHB)
  • Brides: 4 units (3 banner, 1 TT)
  • FE7: 5 units (3 banner, 1 GHB, 1 TT)
  • Summer 1: 4 units (4 banner)
  • Summer 2: 4 units (4 banner)
  • FE13 (Ylisse): 5 units (4 banner, 1 GHB)
  • Summer 3: 4 units (4 banner)
  • CYL: 4 units (4 banner)
  • FE4 (Gen 1): 5 units (3 banner, 1 GHB, 1 TT)
  • FE14: (Conquest) 5 units (4 banner, 1 GHB)
  • OCs 1: 3 units (3 banner)
  • Halloween: 5 units (4 banner, 1 TT)
  • Farfetched: 4 units (3 banner, 1 GHB)
  • FE14 (Adrift): 5 units (4 banner, 1 TT)
  • OCs 2: 3 units (2 banner, 1 GHB)
  • Christmas: 4 units (3 banner, 1 TT)
  • New Year's: 5 units (4 banner, 1 TT)

I'm not going to fuss about the first OCs banner, since that was a bonus third banner for the month. But the second one, with the two-character banner, meant only getting 3 units at a point where we could expect 4-5. That's an issue for those of us hoping they'll get through a big backlog of units to get to the ones we want.

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

You know that complaining about other people complaining just increases the number of people complaining, right?

So what? Being the better man or being passive doesn't make it better or worse either

I said I was going to embrace my toxicity after Lucina's trailer & the last 6 months didn't change that perspective whatsoever

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not going to fuss about the first OCs banner, since that was a bonus third banner for the month. But the second one, with the two-character banner, meant only getting 3 units at a point where we could expect 4-5. That's an issue for those of us hoping they'll get through a big backlog of units to get to the ones we want.

well again. - i get that i mean there are some characters i'd like to see too. but again wouldn't it be nice to have more 2ish characters (for actual getting said units) than having 3/4 person banners and it being difficult to get them without having a lot of orbs? I didn't pull on the TT one (I didn't want Lagearn (yet) or helbindi (at all) - (or actually Ylgr or Surtr though i got him),. 

maybe having shorter run 2 persons would be good? I dunno. 
I do get your point though i don't wanna dismiss that. :)

First of all, I think IS should stop giving so many alts to the same characters over and over again. I really hope there won't be more than 5 alts for a character. Lyn, Lucina, Azura, Chrom... They're all very popular but the franchise has hundreds of characters, I doubt than none of them could interest people who only played Fates and Awakening. They should introduce more characters who aren't in the game yet and give alts to those who have none, such as Seliph, Alm, Leif, Eliwood...

A better story would be appreciated too. Book III seems promising so far, I hope they don't mess up like they did in book II.

I would also like there would be a way to use some resources such as arena medals, crystals and shards to get something useful.

They could also decrase the amount of feathers needed to get a hero to five stars. Even just 18k or 19k in the long time would make you save a lot of them and you could five-star even more characters.

I'd like they gave us the possibility to get older seasonal units at four star, just to collect them. I wasn't able to get some seasonals in any of the banner they appeared in but I'd still like to get some of them. A lot of the older limited units, even if still usable, have been powercrept so it's not really worth to spend orbs on them. So if they became more common they wouldn't certainly give us very strong units... They have nothing to loose.

At last, I'd like that starting from next year they changed the theme of some seasonal banners. They could replace the easter banner, the dancers banner and maybe the valentine ones with banners similar to Fallen Heroes and Adrift so that they don't "steal" slots for new heroes.

Patching events in the battle menu. Just make them shorter, plz

Collecting summon tickets

Grindable resources like dew, grails, coins, etc.

Lifis bcs I like memes and he's a good one

Skill refinery

Mass demotions

Another summoning pool that's similar to FGO's FP summoning pool. Let's put 1-2* rating to good use. It might as well not exist at this point if it's unused

A way to use our mountains of unused currency

I'm not the biggest fan of seasonals (I like cute girls tho), but looking at there being Fates representation for 11 months of this year kinda has me scratching my head. More representation for other games. Fates can have representation, just the same amount as everyone else. Bcs it's just fair that way. Oh and more representation for males

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

snip

I can understand if you're feeling angry by some comments, but lately you've been rather irritated and disapproving of other people for them having opinions. After Feh channel you started being confrontational towards other members. Maybe finding something to enjoy to cool off might help out. I'd recommend Girls Frontline as a gacha you could enjoy as it's very generous and has cute girls, but beware the lolies (here's a link to the discord: https://discord.gg/3W7cYN). Otherwise at some point you're just gonna do something you're gonna regret. If Serenes Forest is too overwhelming for you then you could try finding another platform of individuals who are exclusively similar to you in opinions and likes

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

I can understand if you're feeling angry by some comments, but lately you've been rather irritated and disapproving of other people for them having opinions. After Feh channel you started being confrontational towards other members. Maybe finding something to enjoy to cool off might help out. I'd recommend Girls Frontline as a gacha you could enjoy as it's very generous and has cute girls, but beware the lolies (here's a link to the discord: https://discord.gg/3W7cYN). Otherwise at some point you're just gonna do something you're gonna regret. If Serenes Forest is too overwhelming for you then you could try finding another platform of individuals who are exclusively similar to you in opinions and likes

Yes, I have been. I deserve every warning point that I get coming towards me because my behavior isn't acceptable. But I'm not going to be passive about it anymore. Not after the Lucina debacle.

Edited by Zangetsu

• More Binding Blade characters. The banner in March shouldn't be our only one. We should at least get one or two seasonals to make up for lost time.
  • Performing Arts 2.0 Elibean Nights. Featuring Ninian, Nils, Larum, and Elphin
  • If we are to see Fates units, they better be beast units. (So Keaton, Kaden, Selkie, and Velouria are cool)
  • A Sacred Stones banner and seasonal that doesn't have the twins on it. Please. Sacred Stones has such a great cast; there's more great characters than just the twins. Gerik and Tethys when?
  • Undo the last change to Aether Raids. 
  • Actual MYTHIC Heroes. I want to see dual-wielding Altina.
  • Some limitations to Aether Raids. Perhaps a dancer cap or Surtr cap.
  • Thracia characters that aren't Reinhardt and Olwen. Maybe the Magi Squad? (Ced, Asvel, Brighton, Machuya, Lara). Ced could be a BHB or even a legendary hero. He deserves it.
  • Give us a reason to use the Arena coins. 
    2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Give Rebecca the friggin Reinfleche already 

How you gonna give Raven Basilikos and do her dirty like that???

Maybe give her better art while we're at it.