CYL3 results for missing heroes

Garlyle

So I was waiting for CYL3 results just to see how the popularity of missing characters are doing, and checked the numbers with CYL2 ranks and votes. We had some interesting results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rbbKHyWqjRjPGllDc-IOecoDwBN3oS5Lca-m9izlung/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a link for the spreadsheet with my numbers. Keep in mind that for Guinivere, Merlinus, Marcus and Shannan they had split votes - I picked the higher ranking and I merged the votes for them. Anna, Hardin, Eliwood and Bartre also got split votes, which is bad for Anna fans, and a possible surprise for Eliwood fans. Congratulations for them separately. Armored pantless Marth won't come this year either, which makes him a runner-up once again.

Fun fact

• Lot got less popular once again. 
  • Layla, Yen'fay, Fiona and Hermina got the same amount of votes as last year.
  • They changed the name of Thite to Thea.
  • Jorge is the new star who jumped form  21 votes to  1,598 votes

The biggest winners (extra votes since CYL2)

1. Louise(The Blazing Blade) - 5,934
  2. Selena(The Sacred Stones) - 2,176
  3. Ranulf(Path of Radiance) - 2,152
  4. Haar(Path of Radiance) - 1,736
  5. Jorge(Radiant Dawn) - 1,577
  6. Idunn(The Binding Blade) - 1,525
  7. Rinea(Gaiden / Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) - 1,493
  8. Naga(Awakening) - 1,489
  9. Caineghis(Radiant Dawn) - 1,340
  10. Severa(Awakening) - 1,293

No surprise on Louise I guess, I know exactly what happened there. The big surprise in Selena from The Sacred Stones, she basically tripled her vote count. I wonder how this was possible. Tellius games are getting stronger, and Idunn got a huge boost alone from The Binding Blade - since she was popular before, could it be that she becomes a Mythic Hero in the close future?

Top 100 missing units per games

• 7 from Tellius games - Ranulf, Haar, Jill, Lethe, Ilyana, Caineghis,  Shinon
  • 6 from Fates - Selkie, Velouria, Keaton, Rinkah, Kaden, Lilith
  • 4 from Awakening - Panne, Severa, Naga, Nah
  • 4 from Gaiden / Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Rinea, Conrad, Mila, Python
  • 3 from The Blazing Blade - Louise, Nils, Rath
  • 2 The Sacred Stones - Selena, Cormag
  • 1 The Binding Blade - Idunn

Pent just barely didn't make it, he finished at #103, so I'm pretty sure he and Louise are on IS radar already. This might look bad for The Binding Blade, but Rutger and Dieck also did fairly well with the votes.

Top 10 missing units

1. Selkie - 9,770 votes
  2. Louise - 9,274 votes
  3. Ranulf - 8,464 votes
  4. Haar - 6,520 votes
  5. Jill - 4,872 votes
  6. Panne - 4,774 votes
  7. Velouria - 4,773 votes
  8. Rinea - 4,699 votes
  9. Severa - 4,568 votes
  10. Lethe - 4,283 votes

Clearly Louise is the biggest winner on this part, Selkie was already pretty high in CYL2 as well. Just by looking at those Path of Radiance names next to each other raises the question: why are they still not in the game.

Also, here's a picture from Naz from Discord who shared the top missing units from each games separately.

Spoiler

1548996234435.png

Edited by Garlyle

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

You forgot Awakening Anna on your list

Let's see who will end up on this year's Farfetched/Redux banner

We have an Anna in the game, I know she doesn't have alts, but that was a reason why I left her out. Same for Charlotte, Noire, Inigo - I know they only have alts, but they are at least in the game in some form.

Edited by Garlyle

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

But in the votes, she's clearly separated from Feh Anna. If they counted them as different characrers like that, she could be live for Farfetched/Redux

They had split votes for all Annas. Still, she has a Heroes version of Anna in the game, thus I left her out.

But yeah, she might be redux with these results.

16 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

> Jorge from radiant dawn.

Am I missing something about this amazing character?

Maybe people want him in the game... as the owner of some type of skill/combat manual shop? I don't know... I am surprised about Jorge too. I don't know how he jumped from 798th (21 votes) to 161st (1,598 votes).

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

> Jorge from radiant dawn.

Am I missing something about this amazing character?

From what I've heard, he became a meme character in Japan, like Reinhardt.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:
  • 7 from Tellius games - Ranulf, Haar, Jill, Lethe, Ilyana, Caineghis,  Shinon
  • 6 from Fates - Selkie, Velouria, Keaton, Rinkah, Kaden, Lilith
  • 4 from Awakening - Panne, Severa, Naga, Nah
  • 4 from Gaiden / Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Rinea, Conrad, Mila, Python
  • 3 from The Blazing Blade - Louise, Nils, Rath
  • 2 The Sacred Stones - Selena, Cormag
  • 1 The Binding Blade - Idunn
  • Every character that I want the most:
  • Sigrun
  • Lilith, Selkie, Velouria, Rinkah
  • Naga
  • Mila, Rinea
  • Nils, Louise
  • Selena
  • Idunn
Edited by Drakhis

For those that have not played PoR/RD (he was in both), this is Jorge. He was the character that bought your items when you were selling them in the base. Character-wise, most of his scenes are as one voice in the "Merchant convoy" of Muston, Aimee, Jorge and Daniel, and even the scenes he has separately are shared with his twin, Daniel.

His most involved solo scene is a base conversation at the beginning of Chapter 22: Solo. He and Daniel challenge each other to a game of tabletop war (something that mildly frustrates Ike, who would prefer if they were able to contribute to the real war effort directly), and in an earlier conversation in Chapter 13, Ike gave Daniel hints about challenging his opponent over boarding planks on a boat- incidentally, Chapter 13 is doing this exact thing. Jorge complains that Daniel has gotten better at the game thanks to Ike's tips (he was the one who suggested the game in the first place), and Ike mildly lashes out. Ike eventually relents, apologising for his frustration, and gives Jorge the tip that, if an enemy is in your way and you can't/don't want to kill them, you can Shove them aside- which, again, comes up in Chapter 22 if you want the Ashera Staff.

Jorge's only other significant contribution outside of the early-game, where the Merchants are a mixture of tutorial and exposition, is as part of a set of conversations in Part 4. He and Daniel share an encouraging conversation about the battle ahead with Elincia, and give her a free Rexflame tome.

I like the merchant twins, Daniel and Jorge, but I was surprised to see the latter suddenly so high. He's higher than many characters that play an active part. 

That being said, I'd quite like him in the game just out of curiosity as to how he'd be implemented. He even says in one conversation, if I remember correctly, that he's better off on the back lines (that being said, I did write a fanfic once of him and Daniel learning how to fight with swords as part of a bet between them). 

Edited by Cute Chao

30 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I want to know who picked the characters from Radiant Dawn to be in CYL if he thought Jorge and Amy belonged there while Lekain and Levail didn't.

What's especially odd is that there's a whole slew of minor bosses on the list, particularly from FE2 and FE4, with much less reason to be on than the missing Tellius bosses.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

What's especially odd is that there's a whole slew of minor bosses on the list, particularly from FE2 and FE4, with much less reason to be on than the missing Tellius bosses.

Honestly we have a lot of names from Genealogy on the list that I don't even remember. I guess that's the reason they won't ever get votes, as they are just so forgettable. We should only have bosses from these titles who were actually major players.

I know FE6 bosses who had more interesting story for them, and they are not on the list.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah I did notice that everyone with a portrait from Echoes is basically there.

On the villains side and while still remaining very generous, they should have stopped at Jeddah, Rudolf, Fernand, Desaix, Slayde, Nuibaba and perhaps Sonya's sisters because they're gorgeous. Oh and perhaps that Chapter 3 pirate boss guy whose name I forgot. 

All the others really shouldn't be there as they carry next to no importance (although I like the design of some of the Duma faithful). I wonder who the hell even votes for them. They all did better than Frost this year and at the very least he's playable. 

Tellius has it worst but amongst other omissions from other games, I would probably also include Darin the marquess of Laus. He's the main antagonist of Lyn's tale after all and is certainly more important than someone like the face-swaps from Genealogy, like Scipio. 

Weird selection.

Edited by Vince777

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I would probably also include Darin the marquess of Laus. He's the main antagonist of Lyn's tale after all and is certainly more important than someone like the face-swaps from Genealogy, like Scipio. 

Dude, Darin wasn't the main antagonist in Lyn's tale. He was the first antagonist of Eliwood/Hector's tales. The antagonist of Lyn's mode was Lundgren (I think I'm spelling that right)

4 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Dude, Darin wasn't the main antagonist in Lyn's tale. He was the first antagonist of Eliwood/Hector's tales. The antagonist of Lyn's mode was Lundgren (I think I'm spelling that right)

Oh yeah.

Nah fuck Lundgren. He was a terrible character. 

(still think Darin was important enough)

Edited by Vince777

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Tellius has it worst but amongst other omissions from other games, I would probably also include Darin the marquess of Laus. He's the main antagonist of Lyn's tale after all and is certainly more important than someone like the face-swaps from Genealogy, like Scipio. 

Scipio was a face swap for a reason and did get a TCG card back in the day.

13 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Scipio was a face swap for a reason and did get a TCG card back in the day.

He's Andorey's son, both of which probably don't belong in CYL. 

If I'm missing something, it's certainly been a while, feel free to make a case for them.

Edited by Vince777

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

He's Andorey's son, both of which probably don't belong in CYL. 

If I'm missing something, feel free to make a case for them.

Andorey made multiple appearances in generation 1 and was pivotal to both Brigid and Edain's story, as well as playing a part in Mahnya's demise.

Scipio was mentioned in Generation 1. He was also one of only three non playable master knights in the game. They made him that class for a reason.

They both have far more then someone like Mustafa who made only one single appearance and then died.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Oh yeah, I remember him now.

We talk about Quan a lot but that was the other one moment where we felt really helpless and just had to watch the good guys die.

(well.. other than in Belhalla... or when Byron was being chased.. darn)

Edited by Vince777

Mustafa has meme status and recency going for him, I guess.

It'd be even harder to explain why someone like Garth is in CYL.

(edit: Scratch that, confused him with Cervantes)

Also darn, I apologize for the double post.

Edited by Vince777

It's so irrational that they've forgotten Lekain that I've started to like and appreciate the character more because of it. So much that if they do add him next year, I'll vote for him in protest at least once.

When comparing all major villains, most of which had been corrupted by some dark force or another, he was entirely still sane of mind and probably one of the most naturally crooked and evil. Single-handedly used his smarts to bring two countries to their knees and nearly took Begnion for himself as well. 

Edited by Vince777