What Characters could Debut as Seasonals?

Jotari

So as far as I can think, Griel is the first character who's debuted as a seasonal. Unless I'm misremembering someone. And as far as seasonals go, he's not too seasonal. He still looks a lot like his normal self. I think it's pretty likely we won't be getting another Griel, at least anytime soon (which is a shame as he should wield Urvan). This is pretty great. I think all seasonal banners should try and fit in a new unit. What units do you think would be appropriate to debut as a sesonals and under what theme? I would have said Panne should be an Easter seasonal in he default attire but seems she's gone and become a grand her battle for some reason. That sort of spot could still be open to Yarne though.

Just now, Jotari said:

For what seasons though?

Charlotte was the first Brides banner. Noire was in Summer 3 or 4. Inigo and Shigure were Performing Arts.

As for this idea, I'm not fond of it. I don't like Seasonals, I want characters as they canonically are. But if it must come to this, if there are no plans to get X character I like in otherwise ever before this game shuts down, then, I guess I'd have to go for it and hope they aren't too Seasoned up.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

This is pretty great. I think all seasonal banners should try and fit in a new unit.

I disagree. Having a character be only available as a seasonal sucks. I’m still waiting for Charlotte to finally make it into the regular pool and at this point I’m wondering if it’ll ever happen. And I don’t want to feel the way I feel with Charlotte and Noire to extend to even more characters.

But to answer the question, if anyone has to make their debut as a seasonal, then it should be Fargus in a summer banner with other characters dressed as part of a pirate crew.

In addition to Charlotte, Noire, Inigo, Shigure, and Greil, while not Seasonal, Mikoto did also debut as an alt~

I'd prefer they don't do this too often, though~ I'm still mad we don't have regular Charlotte in the game yet and there's no telling when she'll be coming in her base class, if at all~ I don't mind cases like Mikoto since at least she's in the normal pool but it would be preferable that units don't debut as Seasonals since that's a limited chance to get them compared to a normal new unit~

I only see them doing this for cases where the character has some material to work with for a Seasonal but isn't exactly popular enough to get in otherwise~ But that's still a pretty rare case~

Honestly I thought Charlotte was a good choice as a seasonal, got to show a rougher side of her personality, but still as part of a joke the whole banner was in on.

But seasonal banners are good for 3 types of characters that are generally passed over: children (Dwyer), non battle (Rinea), and silly (Izana).

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Charlotte was the first Brides banner. Noire was in Summer 3 or 4. Inigo and Shigure were Performing Arts.

As for this idea, I'm not fond of it. I don't like Seasonals, I want characters as they canonically are. But if it must come to this, if there are no plans to get X character I like in otherwise ever before this game shuts down, then, I guess I'd have to go for it and hope they aren't too Seasoned up.

Oh. I see what you mean. I guess I forgot those characters were in the game since they're in the game XD (well actually I did know Ingo was in the game but I was thinking of him as an alt to Laslow). I am more thinking of like a case of putting the character in in their default or close to default appearance. Like we could still get a base version of them (and we did for Shigure) but we probably won't get another Greil (probably).

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

In addition to Charlotte, Noire, Inigo, Shigure, and Greil, while not Seasonal, Mikoto did also debut as an alt~

I'd prefer they don't do this too often, though~ I'm still mad we don't have regular Charlotte in the game yet and there's no telling when she'll be coming in her base class, if at all~ I don't mind cases like Mikoto since at least she's in the normal pool but it would be preferable that units don't debut as Seasonals since that's a limited chance to get them compared to a normal new unit~

I only see them doing this for cases where the character has some material to work with for a Seasonal but isn't exactly popular enough to get in otherwise~ But that's still a pretty rare case~

That banner was weird, but I don't really think it's accurate to say Mikoto was an alt. She could have easily debuted in a New Years seasonal though.

Edited by Jotari

49 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I mean if it means I can get hot springs yukata Severa I’m game for anything 

This sounds like a good idea. I approve. 

Alt debuts are not my cup of tea, I must say. I really like Noire but will probably not get her for quite a while; the next Awakening kids banner will no doubt have Severa and Nah, and then there are a few others who'll probably get in before Noire. Hell I still don't like how Owain, Severa, and Laslow started as their Fates versions. 

Spring Yarne is pretty much the only one I can imagine as positively debuting as a seasonal, but I think the others that have done so have really fit them (kind of. Noire doesn't make much sense. Would've made more sense if she was introduced on a Halloween banner, if we're talking seasonal alt debuts.) IS is creative and generally represents the characters well in whatever form they take, so I trust them.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That banner was weird, but I don't really think it's accurate to say Mikoto was an alt. She could have easily debuted in a New Years seasonal though.

She's generally considered to be an Alt. It may be her first appearance but she's not in her base class, like every other character on the Banner. They're all Vallite versions of themselves so technically, she would be an alt~

It would be like (and I'm still waiting on IS to do this) an SOV Dread Fighter Banner with Alm, Saber, Kamui, and Jesse~ It would obviously be alts for Alm and Saber, but technically too for Kamui and Jesse since we don't have versions of them in their base forms.

Seriously, give me a Dread Fighter Banner, already~

52 minutes ago, Thane said:

This sounds like a good idea. I approve. 

Alt debuts are not my cup of tea, I must say. I really like Noire but will probably not get her for quite a while; the next Awakening kids banner will no doubt have Severa and Nah, and then there are a few others who'll probably get in before Noire. Hell I still don't like how Owain, Severa, and Laslow started as their Fates versions. 

I'm not really taking about alt debuts though. But more actual character debuts that happen to be on a seasonal banner.

41 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

She's generally considered to be an Alt. It may be her first appearance but she's not in her base class, like every other character on the Banner. They're all Vallite versions of themselves so technically, she would be an alt~

It would be like (and I'm still waiting on IS to do this) an SOV Dread Fighter Banner with Alm, Saber, Kamui, and Jesse~ It would obviously be alts for Alm and Saber, but technically too for Kamui and Jesse since we don't have versions of them in their base forms.

Seriously, give me a Dread Fighter Banner, already~

Eh. It's not like she's ever going to appear as a Bow unit, and she is a staff wielding class in Fates. I'd say the best justification to say she's an alt is that her dress is a bit different to her original design. A Dread Fighter banner serving as Jessie's debut would be pretty cool though. And considering Dread Fighters have used Swords, Axes, Magic and Shurikens, you could actually get four different colours without too much of a stretch.

Seasonals should be nothing but Thracia characters. Unlike fans of other games, Thracia fans wouldn't be picky.

Spoiler

Spring: Kein, Alva, Robert, Carrion

Bridal: Tanya, Othin, Karin, Fergus

Summer 1: Dean, Eda, Linoan, Sleuf

Summer 2: Ronan, Safy, Tina, Shiva

Dancer: Homer, Shanam, Lifis, Lara

Halloween: Salem, Sara, Pahn, Trewd

Winter: Fred, Eyrios, Ralph, Amalda

New Year: Eyvel, Mareeta, Galzus, Halvan

Hot Springs: Brighton, Machua, Asvel, Sety

Valentine: Selphina, Glade, Dadgar, Marty

All Annas except Heroes!Anna, since Heroes!Anna is already in the game. I think Awakening has the most amount of Annas in one game, as well as the most amount of outfits; she has her Trickster outfit, merchant outfit, Hot Spring Scramble outfit, Summer Scramble outfit, Five-Anna Firefight outfit, and the divine Apotheosis outfit.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Inigo semi-counts, and maybe Shigure?

Shigure made his debut as a Special Hero. When you go to the Catalog of Heroes, PA!Shigure is placed before Shigure.

I personally see Inigo and Laslow as separate characters, since that is how the game sees them. I would even argue that VL!Ike is not an alt of Ike since the game separates them (this also extends to Sanaki and Elincia), but my view is pretty fringe.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'd say the best justification to say she's an alt is that her dress is a bit different to her original design.

I think she is considered an alt because she is not the same Mikoto we interacted with in Fates.

I think Severa is pretty likely. She and Inigo are the same class as their Fates versions, unlike Owain, which makes a normal version of them less compelling. But Inigo did get a seasonal, and I think it'd make sense for Severa to get one as well. Especially since she's been doing pretty well on CYL, including CYL3.

Rinea is also possible. Like Severa, she's been scoring pretty well for a character not yet in the game but has some issues with a normal form. It could be possible to get a "Fallen Rinea", but that wouldn't be much of a Rinea, really.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Seasonals should be nothing but Thracia characters. Unlike fans of other games, Thracia fans wouldn't be picky.

Hide contents

Spring: Kein, Alva, Robert, Carrion

Bridal: Tanya, Othin, Karin, Fergus

Summer 1: Dean, Eda, Linoan, Sleuf

Summer 2: Ronan, Safy, Tina, Shiva

Dancer: Homer, Shanam, Lifis, Lara

Halloween: Salem, Sara, Pahn, Trewd

Winter: Fred, Eyrios, Ralph, Amalda

New Year: Eyvel, Mareeta, Galzus, Halvan

Hot Springs: Brighton, Machua, Asvel, Sety

Valentine: Selphina, Glade, Dadgar, Marty

You're missing the sexist Thracia character of them all. Hot Springs Raydrik.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Beach Niime?

Hotspring Izuka?

Skimpy dancer outfit Iago?

Groom gheb? 

Hotspring Izuka actually makes a lot of sense considering that's how you recruit him in game.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I think Severa is pretty likely. She and Inigo are the same class as their Fates versions, unlike Owain, which makes a normal version of them less compelling. But Inigo did get a seasonal, and I think it'd make sense for Severa to get one as well. Especially since she's been doing pretty well on CYL, including CYL3.

Rinea is also possible. Like Severa, she's been scoring pretty well for a character not yet in the game but has some issues with a normal form. It could be possible to get a "Fallen Rinea", but that wouldn't be much of a Rinea, really.

I could see Valentines Rinea Berkut banner (and eh, who could be the third? Sure we'll throw Fernand in as a third wheel). Although she probably wouldn't be flaming Witch Rinea. Then again...they could make her a transforming unit with some silly story about jealous rage to justify it.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You're missing the sexist Thracia character of them all. Hot Springs Raydrik.

Hotspring Izuka actually makes a lot of sense considering that's how you recruit him in game.

I could see Valentines Rinea Berkut banner (and eh, who could be the third? Sure we'll throw Fernand in as a third wheel). Although she probably wouldn't be flaming Witch Rinea. Then again...they could make her a transforming unit with some silly story about jealous rage to justify it.

I think you're mixing up Izuka and Izana.

Valentine's Rinea and Berkut would be awful but I guess it's plausible, especially if they do it as part of a full FE2 theme since Alm and Celica are also Valentine's candidates.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think you're mixing up Izuka and Izana.

Valentine's Rinea and Berkut would be awful but I guess it's plausible, especially if they do it as part of a full FE2 theme since Alm and Celica are also Valentine's candidates.

Gah X[ I totally am. But hey, there's another one then. Onsen Izana.

Bridal Elice, probably the most forgettable sister and princess in the entire series. Her brother feels forgotten sometimes too.
I think I might vote for her on CYL4 if she is not released until then, may be not the most popular one, but damn. It kinds hurts for her not to be in the game. And in CYL3 she was place 239. 

Edited by Stroud

13 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I think I might vote for her on CYL4 if she is not released until then, may be not the most popular one, but damn. It kinds hurts for her not to be in the game. And in CYL3 she was place 239. 

That sounds unexpectedly high for her. I do like her, but alas she hardly has more screentime than Medeus (who is very lacking in this department despite his role).

She does have Aum in her favor, we do lack for personal Staffs so far.  They better start making some as refines. Mist could probably use one the most being 5* locked and lackluster, call it Elena's.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Gah X[ I totally am. But hey, there's another one then. Onsen Izana.

Although Izuka would be good with a bath, just not a hot spring. A nice cold mud bath, with all the ferals in the world to keep you warm. It'd be better than Onsens again (unless they choose to do a Finnish sauna).

10 hours ago, Thane said:

Honestly all I want out of the next awakening banner is Severa,Cynthia, and Nah anything else is a bonus at that point 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That sounds unexpectedly high for her. I do like her, but alas she hardly has more screentime than Medeus (who is very lacking in this department despite his role).

She does have Aum in her favor, we do lack for personal Staffs so far.  They better start making some as refines. Mist could probably use one the most being 5* locked and lackluster, call it Elena's.

True, she was only seen shortly in her two games. Still think she would have a bit more potential, but some characters have to get less screen time for the story. Seeing her votes from that standpoint it looks a bit different, she can compare to some characters with a lot more screen time. And there is certainly a way they can add Aum to the game. 

At least she has a slight chance to appear. A new Shadow Dragon or Mystery of the Emblem banner should be possible in this year. 

This is so true, pulling Mist is just pulling Mist and nothing more. I mean I always like to have more healers, because I use them on TT which is my lazy way to farm hero merit. But Mist is really a lackluster. And she deserves a little push.