SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

1 hour ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

I knew that it seemed a bit off that Dragoncat had someone named after a Disney character. But hey, you two are friends; helping is simply part of it all. Reminds me of how my youngest aunt is a big Disney fan. She even works for the company, though I forgot her position.

Yeah, I'm the huge Disney fan between her and I. lol I grew up with a lot of it. The big parts of my childhood are Nintendo, Disney, and Scooby Doo. 😛

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

I like how almost every topic that is one word, (sarcrifice, mercy, etc.) Has at least one eponymous entry

how do you mean?

Edit: never mind I'm very dumb 

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

So, by now, I have read them all once.

Decided to go with “The Price of a Wish”.

aww thanks that makes me happy

I want to write a fan fiction for Mist X Rolf here, but I am really bad at writing romance. I tried to write a romance in school a while backl and I usually get at least 8.5/10, but got a 3.5... it was really bad. I think instead I'm going to try a spinoff of something I tried to write in an hour for a SWW a long time ago. I want redemption because it ended awfully, partially because it was eight pages long. I didn't really finish though. Does that count as vreaking the "no reusing" stories rule?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I want to write a fan fiction for Mist X Rolf here, but I am really bad at writing romance. I tried to write a romance in school a while backl and I usually get at least 8.5/10, but got a 3.5... it was really bad. I think instead I'm going to try a spinoff of something I tried to write in an hour for a SWW a long time ago. I want redemption because it ended awfully, partially because it was eight pages long. I didn't really finish though. Does that count as vreaking the "no reusing" stories rule?

I mean if it was 8 pages long and had an ending I’d consider that in violation of the rules but that’s just me. I dunno about everyone else though. Also don’t beat yourself up over the romance stuff. It’s not my forte either. I’d prefer not to write it if I can personally.

So I decided to write a little epilogue to my fic. It's nothing too special and it's pretty short. Also without proper context from the actual show it'll seem out of place but if you''re interested I'll leave it here:

Spoiler

A shriek of pain erupted into the air as the two headed dragon exploded in a fiery blaze. Smoke billowed around the room drenched in the black sludge that once covered its body.

A lone girl with long black hair and vacant violet eyes breathed a sigh of relief. She walked towards the center of the room as the smoke began to clear away. On the floor in a nest of white crystal-like shards sat a small black sphere with a needle skewered through its center.

“How pitiful” The girl said as she picked up her prize. She held it in front of her and stared at the grief seed for a moment. It was the fate that all magical girls would meet. A fate she would meet.

Homura shook her head. She won’t let that happen. No matter what burden she has to bear. No matter how many times she fails. She had to keep moving forward and save her. She WILL save her from this fate no matter what even if means being alone and becoming a magical girl.

Her hand clenched tightly around the grief seed and formed into a fist.

Madoka, We will be together again! I swear it upon that sinful wish I made long ago. I will protect you like you protected me all so long ago.

A small white cat-like creature watched from afar. Its vacant ruby eyes gazed upon the black-haired girl. 

"And so the cycle continues..." It said.

Edited by Ottservia

17 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

@Ottservia NICE oh I like it XD

Thanks. Hotaru and Maki themselves were actually somewhat based off the relationship between Homura and Madoka(And yes that also implies what you think it implies) so it only made sense that I made a scene that connected Homura to this story. 

Edited by Ottservia

30 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Can you put my fic “A Ghost at Heart” up on the OP as an unofficial entry, please?

Is done.

Voting ends in a few hours. It's a bit of a tough race, but I think we'll have a winner.

Lol, sorry guys, my family had a rough couple weeks and I couldn't find time to get on here and go through all the things, let alone write up something. I'll see if I can find time for a bonus piece like Anon, this is easily my favorite holiday so I was excited to put something together for you guys.

In the meantime, have a song by one of my personal favorite bands with a fun little Halloween feel while we wait for Chloey's prompt!

Spoiler

Edited by SoulWeaver

16 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'll see if I can find time for a bonus piece like Anon

Assuming I can finish it. I've got where I want it to end and where I think it should start, but there's about a third of the story in the middle which is taking a little more planning out. That sounds like it's a writers trap.

Wow.  That is...unexpected.  So this week's theme, if at all appealing is as follows:

“I believed that the darkness would give me strength, but how naïve of me to believe that...our hearts have to be stronger than the darkness churning within us…”

A character often times walks their own path, using the above quote however you see fit, write about a character who has come to regret either their actions or powers that they obtained in some way, and realise that they are too far gone to turn back.

7 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Wow.  That is...unexpected.  So this week's theme, if at all appealing is as follows:

“I believed that the darkness would give me strength, but how naïve of me to believe that...our hearts have to be stronger than the darkness churning within us…”

A character often times walks their own path, using the above quote however you see fit, write about a character who has come to regret either their actions or powers that they obtained in some way, and realise that they are too far gone to turn back.

Oh fun who wants to see a sort of I’ll say continuation of my previous entry? Oh how I love making my characters suffer. 

Also this prompt is reminding me so much of this scene from Madoka Magica(spoilers obviously):

Spoiler

Edited by Ottservia

You just gotta learn to write some tragedy Dcat. It’s one hell of a drug I’ll you that. It’s what I thrive on

Edited by Ottservia

Y’all just don’t know how to write a good tragedy. This is the kind of prompt I was born for cause making characters suffer through an unrelenting torent of despair and anguish is what I’m good at. I relish in it! And no, I have no idea what’s wrong with me.

I will show you all the true definition of dread and despair mark my words!

Edited by Ottservia

33 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Oh fun who wants to see a sort of I’ll say continuation of my previous entry? Oh how I love making my characters suffer. 

Also this prompt is reminding me so much of this scene from Madoka Magica(spoilers obviously):

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, yeah.  That is certainly one way to take the prompt.  Here's the actual inspiration for said theme from Claymore oddly enough:

Spoiler

Claymore is my bread and butter so the non participant entry will kind of be a walk in the park lol, if I can get my shit together enough to write the bittersweet moment I have planned...