April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I mean it is garbage.   A junky practice greedy gacha games use to lure people with their limited "one time only" collaboration!  Also Dragalia lost, a generic gacha game 90% of the playerbase probably hasn't even heard of?  If they are going to do a collab use a real game (not gacha) with a rich history or that is recent and was a masterpiece many have played and near everyone has heard of.  

Is it really entitled to not want a collaboration of a game most haven't heard of to take the spot of our once the month new heroes banner?  I don't think so, it isn't like asking for more orbs or something.  People just want the game to be better not trashier.

There is no need for curiousity collaborations aren't some rare cool phenomenon but something in many gacha games.  I have future vision, what would happen is the 1% of Heroes players who also play Dragalia lost will be happy, many of the others won't be.  Some won't care.  Nothing really exciting.  Probably a similar reaction as if the next banner was 4 Camillas. 

Gacha games are greedy and filled with junky practices by nature. Everything they do is to get people to put more and more money into the game. It doesn't matter if it's a collab or if it's a popularity poll with every character in the series to see who they release next. It's all greediness that takes advantage of people's weaknesses to "collect them all". The only reason people don't complain when regular banners are out is because they're releasing stuff they like, but at the end of the day it's all the same thing.

I'm sure someone else has already said this, but I think the DL collaboration will be announced during the Channel, with the dates being at the start of Golden Week

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

Are there sexy or loli characters in Dragalia Lost? Or maybe even sexy loli characters?

Yes to the first and maybe to the second. You decide if the lolis are sexy

Spoiler

iUHUZhp.png

T6M1LVf.png

gM1BFpS.png

VKQqQlS.png

YxP6lIF.png

efYsKy3.png

4yimo4H.png

I will say that their lolis have more tact because there’s nothing like Nowi or Bridal Sanaki there.

Also, of the bunch, only Cleo (the last one) is a story character so at most we’d see one loli from DL and it’s the least fanservice-y one imo.

37 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Now what you SHOULD be wondering about is the dragons, because fucking hell I think DL has only had like four or five dragons added post-launch who were actual dragons as opposed to humans with dragon horns, wings, and tails, and a good number of said dragons are scantily-clad women.

It’s not that bad. Only like 5 human dragons (3 female and 2 male) have been added since launch and most dragons are still actual dragons and they still regularly add non humanoid dragons. DL really listened to the complaints and decided to fix the issue unlike some other gachas.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

iUHUZhp.png

T6M1LVf.png

gM1BFpS.png

VKQqQlS.png

YxP6lIF.png

efYsKy3.png

4yimo4H.png

It’s not that bad. Only like 5 human dragons (3 female and 2 male) have been added since launch and most dragons are still actual dragons and they still regularly add non humanoid dragons. DL really listened to the complaints and decided to fix the issue unlike some other gachas.

You know what, that's actually true, I might be counting two dragons who were launch dragons and humanoid, as well as the two seasonal alt dragons... which actually remain the only seasonal alts of dragons.

Oh right, but don't forget Brunhilda going full waifu. THAT'S something I still don't quite understand...

16 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

There is no need for curiousity collaborations aren't some rare cool phenomenon but something in many gacha games.  I have future vision, what would happen is the 1% of Heroes players who also play Dragalia lost will be happy, many of the others won't be.  Some won't care.  Nothing really exciting.  Probably a similar reaction as if the next banner was 4 Camillas. 

But collaborations are rare; Heroes does not even have a collaboration with another intellectual property yet. Coolness is subjective, but I think having other series in Heroes is pretty neat.

As for whether or not players will care, I am pretty sure most do not care and only a small minority has an opinion on it.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oh right, but don't forget Brunhilda going full waifu. THAT'S something I still don't quite understand...

Yeah, that’s something I don’t like myself and came right out of the blue but waifu Brunhilda isn’t playable anyway and she’s at least somewhat interesting by being able to provide the group some insight on other dragons (like Notte and other fairies being related to dragons and the some backstory on Jupiter iirc) although that is admittedly overshadowed by her constant Euden clamoring.

20 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I will say that their lolis have more tact because there’s nothing like Nowi or Bridal Sanaki there.

Darn it. I was hoping there would be a loli with Loki sized assets in a wedding bikini.

27 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Yes to the first and maybe to the second. You decide if the lolis are sexy

Hide contents

iUHUZhp.png

T6M1LVf.png

gM1BFpS.png

VKQqQlS.png

YxP6lIF.png

efYsKy3.png

4yimo4H.png

Also, of the bunch, only Cleo (the last one) is a story character so at most we’d see one loli from DL and it’s the least fanservice-y one imo.

That ice one I find adorable and must be cherished. No idea who any of the characters are though. 

55 minutes ago, Jave said:

Gacha games are greedy and filled with junky practices by nature. Everything they do is to get people to put more and more money into the game. It doesn't matter if it's a collab or if it's a popularity poll with every character in the series to see who they release next. It's all greediness that takes advantage of people's weaknesses to "collect them all". The only reason people don't complain when regular banners are out is because they're releasing stuff they like, but at the end of the day it's all the same thing.

Sure they are, but Feh is better than most of them we should be encouraging less greed not more.  At least with regular banners we get people from the Fire Emblem series, which is the reason most people came to Heroes.  

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

But collaborations are rare; Heroes does not even have a collaboration with another intellectual property yet. Coolness is subjective, but I think having other series in Heroes is pretty neat.

As for whether or not players will care, I am pretty sure most do not care and only a small minority has an opinion on it.

In heroes it hasn't appeared yet but collaborations are are standard practice in gacha games nothing unusual about it and certainly not rare.  If this was most other gacha games yeah I doubt many would care, after all many are original properties or based on series with very few characters so collab characters instead of alt 70 of someone okay big deal.  Fire Emblem is a rich series with hundreds of characters so to see them get gimped for some characters from an obscure game yeah I'm sure many will care.  

If it is some extra banner I don't think people will care that much.  Anyways we'll see soon, hopefully Heroes is classy enough to not put us in collab hell.

22 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Yeah, that’s something I don’t like myself and came right out of the blue but waifu Brunhilda isn’t playable anyway and she’s at least somewhat interesting by being able to provide the group some insight on other dragons (like Notte and other fairies being related to dragons and the some backstory on Jupiter iirc) although that is admittedly overshadowed by her constant Euden clamoring.

Oh but it's coming, I can feel it. Step 1 is getting all the freckled nerds to *heavy breathing* for sexy transformed dragon who is sexy in love with generic anime protag #9nokmwi92472neq2. Step 2 is establishing sexy dragon lady as someone important. Step 3, put her in official artwork, step 4... okay well step 4 is have her obliterate anyone not passing the HP check, but THEN step 5 is make the perfect excuse to get in, Gala Dragalia.

...yes I am way overthinking this shush.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Sure they are, but Feh is better than most of them we should be encouraging less greed not more.  At least with regular banners we get people from the Fire Emblem series, which is the reason most people came to Heroes.  

In heroes it hasn't appeared yet but collaborations are are standard practice in gacha games nothing unusual about it and certainly not rare.  If this was most other gacha games yeah I doubt many would care, after all many are original properties or based on series with very few characters so collab characters instead of alt 70 of someone okay big deal.  Fire Emblem is a rich series with hundreds of characters so to see them get gimped for some characters from an obscure game yeah I'm sure many will care.  

If it is some extra banner I don't think people will care that much.  Anyways we'll see soon, hopefully Heroes is classy enough to not put us in collab hell.

Yeah let's pretend we're better people than other fandoms because our Gacha is sliiiiightly more generous than other Gachas. We aren't any better in that aspect. We're encouraging more greed from companies by simply playing the game and voting on CYL. It's just how it is.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

That ice one I find adorable and must be cherished. No idea who any of the characters are though. 

Funny that you point that one out.

She’s Lily and she’s actually appeared in other Cygames stuff like Jeanne d’arc or Albert or Cerberus.

Here’s some of her RoB and GBF stuff:

Spoiler

0jLnK9s.jpg

sA2h7ia.jpg

HdkWJTt.png

O6rZVy0.png

bMWhqrZ.png

x0IDHqb.png

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oh but it's coming, I can feel it. Step 1 is getting all the freckled nerds to *heavy breathing* for sexy transformed dragon, step 2 is establishing sexy dragon lady as someone important. Step 3, put her in official artwork, step 4... okay well step 4 is have her obliterate anyone not passing the HP check, but THEN step 5 is make the perfect excuse to get in, Gala Dragalia.

...yes I am way overthinking this shush.

Oh no yeah, I totally expect her for Gala but I think she’d be considered an adventure since there hasn’t been any exclusive Gala dragons (yet)

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Sure they are, but Feh is better than most of them we should be encouraging less greed not more.  At least with regular banners we get people from the Fire Emblem series, which is the reason most people came to Heroes

Feh is far from being considered one of the least greedy gacha. In fact it’s the opposite. I’d personally put them lower than Gumi gachas and that’s an achievement because Gumi is among the worst.

Also, you can have collaborations without having them be any greedier than normal banners. Heck, you can have it be more generous than the regular banners and give them out for free as part of an event . Many gachas have done that. The fact that you don’t believe FEH is capable of doing this with a collab should speak of their greed.

15 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Sure they are, but Feh is better than most of them we should be encouraging less greed not more.

FEH is only better in one thing: generosity. Pull rates, currency, other gachas wish they could be as generous. But that's it. I kinda dropped Dragalia because of Wyrmprints but the writing, music and gameplay is way better than FEH. Characters that are only relevant for the short raid stories have like 10x more development than any of the FEH OCs have gotten in the game's whole life.

That's just with Dragalia. The only other gacha game i played was Tales of Link and i yeeted that from my phone because it got too big. But both Tales of Link and Dragalia Lost have infinitely more content than FEH and thus, make playing the game more fun. I haven't played Granblue (because i don't wanna play the game via browser) but i keep hearing very good things about it's gameplay and writing.

So no, FEH isn't better than most gachas. Generosity in pull rates and currency is really the only thing it has going for it.

The idea that the FEH fanbase is going to be unhappy with the collab units to me is... quite silly. 

Yes our game is based off of a pre-existing series. So is say, the DBZ gacha or Fates gacha or Final Fantasy gacha. Its hardly a unique aspect. Also keep in mind that FEH is one of the most popular ones... which means a massively wide range fanbase. Far beyond just hardcore FE fans or probably even far beyond just Nintendo fans in general. Over 50% will be at least neutral/treat it the same as any other banner, a good chunk will actually be excited because they either play DL, they love the artwork (a lot of people will pull specifically for artwork), or simply be excited because it means the crossovers they want could happen in the future and want to support this banner to make sure more crossovers happen. 

It would not shock me if a DL banner was one of the most profitable banners in 2019/more profitable than most 2018 banners. 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I mean it is garbage.   A junky practice greedy gacha games use to lure people with their limited "one time only" collaboration!  Also Dragalia lost, a generic gacha game 90% of the playerbase probably hasn't even heard of?  If they are going to do a collab use a real game (not gacha) with a rich history or that is recent and was a masterpiece many have played and near everyone has heard of.  

Is it really entitled to not want a collaboration of a game most haven't heard of to take the spot of our once the month new heroes banner?  I don't think so, it isn't like asking for more orbs or something.  People just want the game to be better not trashier.

@Bold, making some pretty big assumptions there, buddy. Got any stats to support those claims?

If they are going to do a collab use a real game (not gacha) with a rich history or that is recent and was a masterpiece many have played and near everyone has heard of.  

Please do tell what game would fit into this category? Breath of the Wild? Red Dead Redemption 2? GoW4? Those'd fit super well.

@NegativeExponents- Huh, I'm not disagreeing now that you point it out, but Cleo would've never crossed my mind as a loli if I'd just thought through the characters. She just seemed like a short chick to me.

As for the Feh Channel, I'm expecting far, far too long spent on Roy's new mechanic and then a bit about the next banner. Maybe a story preview. As far as the collab, while I'm totally down for FEH characters showing up in Dragalia since their one collab that I'm aware of so far (Albert) has worked out really well and Dragalia has the decency to give its characters personality, I really don't want more of an excuse to not add actual FE characters. Honestly, my biggest hope is that they show who the next characters are and that it's no one I like so I can feel safe blowing the rest of my orbs chasing a third Lewyn so I can merge him to fix his flaw and give Ophelia Special Spiral.

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

@NegativeExponents- Huh, I'm not disagreeing now that you point it out, but Cleo would've never crossed my mind as a loli if I'd just thought through the characters. She just seemed like a short chick to me.

Oh for sure. I myself was skeptical about putting her there but she does have a rather child like body and face and upon closer inspection doesn’t seem all that different from say Maribelle. I think it’s her way of dressing and the her more mature way of acting compared to most lolis. So basically what Nowi should’ve been because they both have the thousand year old loli thing going on.