Legendary Hero: Alm - Saint King

Jave

Current plan, at least until I get one of the pair up ones:

• Pull red until I get Marth or Roy
  • Pull colorless until I get Alm or Leanne
  • Pull green until I get Sue or Hector, or finish with red and colorless

I'm also missing Fae and Ephraim, but I don't care about them as much.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooooooo why now??? Why when OG!Alm has another banner running at the exact same moment and it's probably my last chance to get him for a long while and my luck on it is horrid.

Gods he's so pretty but I can't quit on OG!Alm now so probably can't pull for him :( It's gonna hurt like mad if I don't manage to get OG!Alm either and I'm left Almless yet again for multiple months....

Sigh, I was gonna save this month and IS just throws multiple Alms at me, why are you like this.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Luna Arc's effect is written in Japanese the same way that Wo Dao's is, so the bonus damage appears to ignore defenses.

Lunar Flash's effect is written in Japanese the same way that Blue Flame's is, so all of the damage is normal damage.

Thanks for the clarification as the English description is a bit unclear. Also it's description is similar to Legendary Erika's Lunar brace now that you mention it.

Edited by SuperNova125

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Thanks for the clarification as the English description is a bit unclear. Also it's description is similar to Legendary Erika's Lunar brace now that you mention it.

Hm... it does indeed follow the same wording as Lunar Brace. Has anyone actually tested if its damage ignores defenses? (Actually, I can probably test right now if I can find something with high enough Def.)

EDIT: Lunar Brace ignores defenses, so Luna Arc's effect will almost certainly also ignore defenses.

Spoiler

Eirika against Hardin in Story 2-5-4 Lunatic.

Eirika is running +10 merge, [+Spd] (Iron Sword, Noontime, Lunar Brace) and has no buffs for 41 Atk, which is 33 Atk after weapon triangle disadvantage.

Hardin has 38 Def plus 4 Def from the axe armor's Ward Armor for 42 Def.

If Lunar Brace ignores defenses, Noontime will deal 21 damage. If it doesn't, it will deal 12 damage.

Eirika's Noontime deals 21 damage.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And why not Deirdre herself? For a slight visual twist, dress her up as Arvis's wife- full imperial Grannvalian regalia, she was Empress after all.

I'm not necessarily opposed to Julia or Deirdre, but I don't want to see them as legendaries before Sigurd, Seliph, or Leif.

P!Lukas still won't come home so I have to skip this banner unless he finally comes home tomorrow.  I will try to free pull Alm since I like the looks of this one.  I am glad he is colorless because colored bows are not good for my play style, so I don't care about colored bows at all.

28 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

P!Lukas still won't come home so I have to skip this banner unless he finally comes home tomorrow.  I will try to free pull Alm since I like the looks of this one.  I am glad he is colorless because colored bows are not good for my play style, so I don't care about colored bows at all.

This banner ends 12 days before the picnic one, so you could go for Alm now and then go back to pulling for Lukas afterward? If it's worth it, at least.

Although Alm will get rerun more often than Lukas.

6 hours ago, Tree said:

If you're happy with Winter Eirika or Leanne then it could be worth a try, otherwise I'd wait for a rerun with more orbs and different pity breakers.

Don't care about Eirika at all, but I do like Leanne. So it's a tough decision.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't care about Eirika at all, but I do like Leanne. So it's a tough decision.

As an armored healer, Winter Eirika can make armor quests much easier (although they are not all that common). She also gives +5 Def/Res (staff) and + 6 Atk (C skill) to any units (even non-armor units) that have the highest attack on the team. If you can make all the other units have equal attack (various seals are helpful here), then they all get those boosts regardless of map positioning or team composition. If you really dislike her, you can inherit the staff and skills to another healer. That's five total skills though, and you can only inherit four at the moment, so you'd have to settle for dropping one level of the weapon (which would lower the bonus a little) or one level of the C skill. She also has Dazzling Staff which is pretty nice. If you really don't want her, she at least has a useful staff and skills.

Leanne is awesome too, but you know that already.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

This banner ends 12 days before the picnic one, so you could go for Alm now and then go back to pulling for Lukas afterward? If it's worth it, at least.

Although Alm will get rerun more often than Lukas.

Not really worth it for me since I really don't like building up pity rates without being able to break them and legendary banners are really bad for me in that regard.  It is better for me to wait for the rerun so I can set aside orbs for Alm.

2 hours ago, Tree said:

As an armored healer, Winter Eirika can make armor quests much easier (although they are not all that common). She also gives +5 Def/Res (staff) and + 6 Atk (C skill) to any units (even non-armor units) that have the highest attack on the team. If you can make all the other units have equal attack (various seals are helpful here), then they all get those boosts regardless of map positioning or team composition. If you really dislike her, you can inherit the staff and skills to another healer. That's five total skills though, and you can only inherit four at the moment, so you'd have to settle for dropping one level of the weapon (which would lower the bonus a little) or one level of the C skill. She also has Dazzling Staff which is pretty nice. If you really don't want her, she at least has a useful staff and skills.

Leanne is awesome too, but you know that already.

I'd certainly keep Eirika if her IVs were decent/good sure. Bad IVs on a unit I don't care for though, typically gets foddered.

35 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

No because he has null follow up. 

Yeah and my raven tome users are typically packing bowbreaker as well. I hope TA is enough for them to survive a round against this guy, but the difference in stats and his crazy player phase boosts make it seem like an insurmountable task.

Got Hector in 51 orbs, which takes care of green. Continued with red and colorless - got a duplicate Ike on my very next summon, then a second one 30 orbs later. One is +Atk, which is nice. I guess I can merge my neutral Ike into that one and use the other as Warding Breath fodder? Not quite what I was going for, but better than a duplicate Eirika.

Put in another 55 orbs and got Leanne, then grabbed the two red orbs in the session. Total of 139 spent.

Might keep going for just red at some point, but it does become a worse rate now. Leanne and Hector are nice, but I was hoping for Alm or at least Marth/Roy. I'll have to give it some thought. Still got another 221 orbs on hand with more I haven't picked up yet, but those could disappear fast.

Got Alm in 80 orbs. The first Legendary Hero after quite some time who tempted me, ok Azura also tempted me for her skills.
So far I like him, the ability is nice, even with its limit. 

Also got trolled at the beginning. I got a free Leanne and I just do not know what to do with her. (Already have one). Her abilities are ok, but I think I can just merge her.

Ok so...I might have overspended on this banner. I got three Alms and Two Christmas Eirikas from the banner, as well as a Fjorm that I don't have pictured. I had over 840 orbs saved, and now I'm at 497. I think I need to stop now XP

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Also got trolled at the beginning. I got a free Leanne and I just do not know what to do with her. (Already have one). Her abilities are ok, but I think I can just merge her.

You can also give Hone Beasts to Reyson or any future Herons, but merging is fine too.

I had 60 orbs, used a few on CYL2 because Veronica.

But I only got to pull one colorless on this legendary banner. ONE. With 60 fucking orbs. Nearly every session had NO colorless at all! I feel like someone bugged this banner, because those odds are just extremely low otherwise.

Also, I didn't even get a single 5 star at all. Just a 9.50% pity rate.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can also give Hone Beasts to Reyson or any future Herons, but merging is fine too.

Future herons, that sounds like a plan. I just keep her for now and decide later what to do with her, if I decide to build a second beast team I can do something with her.