"Serenes Veterans" And General Xenophobia

Jyosua

Veteran groups work out fine on other forums (FEU, for example). We have not had a single case of anyone holding Veteran status over anyone as any kind of superiority, it's just something for members to aim for (and also a way to help us admins get input on ideas from members who have stuck around).

It just depends on the members and staff execution.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a veteran. I'm not an elitist. I really want this transition to work out.

That said, yeah rules are gonna get stricter when necesary. When we get to the point where the rules aren't so relevant, we won't need them anymore. Right Joshua?

Yep :)

You misinterpreted what I said.

I was disappointed in the people making a NEED for such new rules, not the rules themselves. I actually support the idea.

Oh, yeah I was disappointed in that too. XD

Veteran groups work out fine on other forums (FEU, for example). We have not had a single case of anyone holding Veteran status over anyone as any kind of superiority, it's just something for members to aim for (and also a way to help us admins get input on ideas from members who have stuck around).

Moreso on the members.

this is what i dont understand. we never flaunted status here. when we gained it we would make a topic going "AWESOME IM A ROYAL/HERON!" but that was it. we never went "Im a vet cuz im a heron/royal so listen to me!!!!" It almost sounds as if the select ppl who DID say that are trying to tell the FESSuges "Know your place and you better treat me like a superior!" which is retarded and IS NOT helping this transition at all. I got a comment from a FESSuge saying "Why are you a royal? What does it do?" and i just went "Oh its just when you have 3000+ posts. its absolutely nothing special." and he was like "oh okay thanks!" and we started talking and now we're friends. I will admit i was with the "I dont know, i think this place will change" group at first but after i just sat down and spoke with the FESSers, they're like us. Some are uber serious like shuuda and gulcassa(kanji man), some are wild and loose like me and hika. So I dont see any thing negative coming out of this besides SF members harassing the new FESSers

@ Jyo - Yes, if I had to put a percent on it I would say 80% or so. If you do this I just suggest you making it clear that being a Veteran does not make anyone better than anyone else, or even go a step ahead and when someone brings it up mention that they are claiming to be superior to another person based on member group on a forum. It's easy to shut elitists up, really.

Raven, no offense, but I would really stick to the clear topic on this. I see a lot of dramatics all around and I'd hate to see it infect what I consider an important forum area where we can solve problems like this with ease. All things change, it's up to members just like you to make sure the change is for the best. And just call Shuuda a lolicon, he'll calm down.

Edited by Death

I agree. Some of us have been far far far too harsh on these FESS refugees.

Honestly, please stop referring to us as refugees. We're not coming from a board that's war-torn, nor have we been forced out of it. Speaking for myself, the word "refugee" is degrading.

I knew this was gonna happen.

Exactly why I wasn't harsh to the newbziez.

You're not making yourself look any better here. You're pretty much saying "Oh, I told you so - that's why I was prepared, see."

I wish they'd post more in FFTF :(

That place scares the shit out of me.

Yes, it is. I can appreciate them wanting us to change--for the better. However, I expected to get a bunch of whining and complaining.

But here's the thing - we [/i]don't[/i] want you to change. No-one ever said a single word about wanting you to change. All you people have been doing is creating illusions for yourself and then becoming scared of them.

My opinion? I haven't been impressed by the situation one bit, but thanks to the swift actions of Jyosua and his cohorts you have been redeemed.

I love multiquote.

this is like obama and mcain all over again. change vs. no change.

why cant we all just get along?

ok to be perfectly honost. (i try not to lie...ever) the only thing im worried about is Blacken's comments. if they havent already (i can be VERY misinformed), they need to stop

Edited by Gatrie Is Over 9000

GOASH DAMN ITS LIKE WHAT THE BOSS SAID

its not about changing the world.

its about keeping the world the way it was.

then the patriots come and try to change it. (the patriots is a compliment btw patriots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sex)

and then were like BUT I DONT KNOW WAT THE BOSS MEANT BY THAT!! DERRRRR...

i hope this cleared alot up

Hm, "Veteran" status doesn't mean anything anyway.

It's like going to college and telling a freshman you are better than him/her because you've been at college longer.

The mature thing to do is to show the new members a good time here, instead of saying you're better because you've been at Serenes Forest longer. We should let the new members do the things we do.

Also, am I the only "SF Vet" annoyed at the amount of activity in Far From the Forest?

It's like going to college and telling a freshman you are better than him/her because you've been at college longer.

Not to detract from the topic, but if you're actually getting somewhere in college, being at college longer can grant you any number of one ups against freshmen.

Fraternities, better degrees, campus status, professorships, better dorm. . .

It's more like people that are born deaf/go deaf before they can *remember* sound and people who go deaf later in life. Neither is waking up to the birds in the morning(the former still hates the latter, though, so that should speak for the situation). Blind people do it too, actually, though then it's a bit harder for them to do it.

Edited by bunny

It's rather important to note that, ironically, the more people grunt like chimpanzees about being veterans and their respect being an "earned" thing, the more newcomers will show resentment or willful hostility.

The right thing to do is, quite simply, to carry about your business. There's no agenda to reshape SF. The idea is absurd to the point of being laughable. They're here for the Fire Emblem game and community.

I'm going to disagree with the statement that all our new members should post in Far From the Forest a lot more. You are basically saying that spamming and flaming is the only way to get to know eachother.

In all honesty, I hope that's not how you people think about it.

Actually, if you look at it from a certain perspective, if somebody flames another, it will indeed show his/her true or rather, "bad" side. In that way, you would be able to know the person very well.

But one thing to note is that the staff are trying their best to tone down the flaming (and perhaps, forever extinguish the flames, though that'll be impossible). And there are quite a few Far From the Forest regulars (myself included) who don't flame regularly there (or at all).

Still, I think Far From the Forest actually is a good place for knowing other people. I'm not encouraging spam or flames, but since in that board you're as lax as possible, can say (almost) whatever is on your mind and etc., it'll allow for a lot of casual conversations and all such. I suppose, though, that different people view it differently.

I would just like to note that a few of the people who've posted "I agree" and the like have made Veteran threads. The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Edited by ChaosNinji

I would just like to note that a few of the people who've posted "I agree" and the like have made Veteran threads. The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Indeed. But it is not surprising considering how some of them usually act...

Edited by Shuuda

Okay, you've got me there. I was just trying to find an excuse for people not to stray too far off-topic, but I'm terrible at defining the excuses.

You could always mention the fact that it did not contribute to the topic at all, and would only serve to irritate others.