Soooooo what'cha playing?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So fun fact (and you're gonna see this a lot of characters), Compa is actually named after Compile Heart, the developers of Neptunia. Some names aren't as subtle though, as there are characters whose names are just the actual names of the game studios/publishers. It's great.

I just ran into a character called "Falcom", who looked strangely similar to Estelle from Trails in the Sky... those cheeky, cheeky devs.
Interesting tidbit with Compa, there. I just assumed it was a pun on "companion" since she's the first person Nep-Nep meets that doesn't want to kill her (though you could make a case for Histoire, too).

I also got absolutely destroyed by Black Heart just now. Having her arrive after another boss fight (the bird one) led me to think that maybe I'm supposed to lose against her, but nope.  She also one-hit killed anyone whose name wasn't Nep-Nep while transformed, so... to grinding I go!
What level should I be at? 11 wasn't enough, clearly.

On another note, people not being able to pronounce Neptune's name is going to be the running gag, isn't it? Not that I mind, since it is pretty funny.

Yeah, i had that issue to. I actually switched to the Japanese voices. I normally don't do this but i did it because i personally feel the English voices are too normal to capture the wacky personalities of Neptunia characters. 

Think I'll do the same, actually.

Heard you needed to restart Rorona?

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I also got absolutely destroyed by Black Heart just now. Having her arrive after another boss fight (the bird one) led me to think that maybe I'm supposed to lose against her, but nope.  She also one-hit killed anyone whose name wasn't Nep-Nep while transformed, so... to grinding I go!
What level should I be at? 11 wasn't enough, clearly.

I don't remember but i also got destroyed by that fight. Try to level 15, i think? Compa has a healing skill with a medium range that she leanrs at Lv.12 and the key in that battle is keeping Compa out of Black Hearts range but still close enough to where she can heal both Neptune and IF. If you have any stat buffing items, use those as well.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Heard you needed to restart Rorona?

Yeeeeeah, i absolutely fucked myself out of completing assignment 9. It was a mixture of

• Not saving very often
  • Not getting Pamela ASAP because it takes two months for her shop to open so i couldn't get one of the required items
  • Not having strong enough bombs to break the big on at the end of the Falling Rocks Area in National Mines, so i couldn't get the Original Ore need to make Arland Crystals

So now i'm just fast-forwarding through all the dialogue so i can make up the time i lost. On the bright side, i can shoot for a better ending now. Despite what i said in Post a Fact about the Person Above, i blame more myself than the game......except for Pamela. I feel like she should've been introduced naturally as opposed to being an accidental discovery.

Now that i think about it, this marks the first time i fucked up in a time-management game. I beat Majora's Mask (one of my favorite games of all time and my favorite Zelda game) several times while doing all the sidequests without any problems. I beat Pikmin 3 without any problems. I thought i'd at least get the normal ending to Rorona without any problems. Now i know not to underestimate Totori and Meruru when i get to them (Lulua doesn't have time-management from what i know).

Edit: Oh yeah, another tip for Black Heart, you can always make and use Plans to weaken enemies and make things easier. The Rebirth games basically let you mess around with the game's attributes with the Plan system.

Edited by Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I don't remember but i also got destroyed by that fight. Try to level 15, i think? Compa has a healing skill with a medium range that she leanrs at Lv.12 and the key in that battle is keeping Compa out of Black Hearts range but still close enough to where she can heal both Neptune and IF. If you have any stat buffing items, use those as well.

Ah got it, thank you! I do have some stat-boosters. I used one of them on Neptune. It didn't help, but that was more me being underleveled than anything else.

Now that i think about it, this marks the first time i fucked up in a time-management game. I beat Majora's Mask (one of my favorite games of all time and my favorite Zelda game) several times while doing all the sidequests without any problems. I beat Pikmin 3 without any problems. I thought i'd at least get the normal ending to Rorona without any problems. Now i know not to underestimate Totori and Meruru when i get to them (Lulua doesn't have time-management from what i know).

Yup, Lulua did away with it, apparently. It does have some things that are only available at certain times, but none of them are tied to story progression from what I've seen and understood. Besides the standard "some enemies only appear at night", there is a festival that always takes place in December (the only thing this does is that it lets you purchase certain very rare materials you can normally only get through defeating some tough enemies, though one character event is tied to it, I think), and you can gather a certain material only in November.
Though I did feel like I missed a lot of stuff (mostly character event related) when I started the game. That was probably my paranoia when it comes to these things playing tricks on me. At least I hope so.

Edit: Oh yeah, another tip for Black Heart, you can always make and use Plans to weaken enemies and make things easier. The Rebirth games basically let you mess around with the game's attributes with the Plan system.

I'll have to look into the Plan system some more. I feel like I understood the basics of it, but I haven't gotten behind their actual benefits yet. I assumed weakening enemies will also lessen the admittedly stingy EXP gains by quite a lot so I haven't used those yet. I also didn't think it would impact bosses. That's actually very interesting and definitely something to think about when I'm stuck next. Thank you for that!
It's a funny idea, all things considered.

I do have one question about Neptune's transformation thingie: Are there any disadvantages to just using it whenever possible outside of battles where she starts out transformed? Compa has hinted at the form tiring her out, so I'm carefully assuming it has impact on her in the game itself, but I'm not too sure.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I assumed weakening enemies will also lessen the admittedly stingy EXP gains by quite a lot so I haven't used those yet.

It actually doesn't. EXP gain stays the same iirc. There's also a Plan that increases EXP gain though that one may be DLC. I don't remember

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I do have one question about Neptune's transformation thingie: Are there any disadvantages to just using it whenever possible outside of battles where she starts out transformed? Compa has hinted at the form tiring her out, so I'm carefully assuming it has impact on her in the game itself, but I'm not too sure.

Nope. The only potential disadvantage is being unable to use the combination EXE Skills but that's only if you pair up a CPU with a Maker (it's never referred to in-game but that's what characters like Compa, IF, Falcom, etc are categorized as) and the CPU goes HDD. That's because combination EXE Skills can only be used by two characters in the same state. For example: two HDD CPUs. A CPU and a Maker. A Maker and Maker. But it won't work if you have an HDD CPU and a Maker or an HDD CPU and a non-HDD CPU.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It actually doesn't. EXP gain stays the same iirc. There's also a Plan that increases EXP gain though that one may be DLC. I don't remember.

Then I should definitely fiddle around with that, at least for grinding purposes. I'll try to avoid using it (the weakening Plan) for bosses, probably. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nope. The only potential disadvantage is being unable to use the combination EXE Skills but that's only if you pair up a CPU with a Maker (it's never referred to in-game but that's what characters like Compa, IF, Falcom, etc are categorized as) and the CPU goes HDD. That's because combination EXE Skills can only be used by two characters in the same state. For example: two HDD CPUs. A CPU and a Maker. A Maker and Maker. But it won't work if you have an HDD CPU and a Maker or an HDD CPU and a non-HDD CPU.

Gotcha. Thanks!

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I just ran into a character called "Falcom", who looked strangely similar to Estelle from Trails in the Sky... those cheeky, cheeky devs.

I see you met Adol Estellestin! Wait until you see what costumes she gets!

Speaking about references, while i usually play games dubbed, Nep games are the games i play with jp voices. Some references are also based on their jp voice actors.

to grinding I go!

you don't need to, really. Although it's a very hard battle, It can be done! 😉

I say that while i was gameover'ing the whole early game every 2nd battle xD

11 wasn't enough, clearly.

My Party was lvl12 when i defeated her iirc, so should be right

Just make sure to heal & Guard appropiately, and only use Full combo when needed, since full combos increases your turn delay. The less attacks you use, the faster you get your turn again.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I do have one question about Neptune's transformation thingie: Are there any disadvantages to just using it whenever possible outside of battles where she starts out transformed?

To add to what @Armagon said, it also uses 20% of your Max SP in R;B1, iirc

Edited by Shrimperor

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeeeeah, the thing with some Westerners is that if any female character shows a centimeter of skin that isn't part of their face, it's literally hentai. I don't know what it is, some people in the West just hate seeing skin (*war flashbacks to Xenoblade 2 Pyra and P5R Kasumi "edits"*).

Ugh, Some communities are really bad about such stuff. We don't even need to go far, just look at the FE community and see how every bit of skin makes some people go crazy and scream ''PEDO, SEXISM'' etc.

Ya know, before i got into Neps, i expected it to be literal hentai due to some people, but to my surprise, the Fanservice was pretty tame (when it comes to main games anyway, spinoffs are another matter xD), and stuff you see in every game anyway. 

But apparently me liking Neps means i like ero games or something.

Places like Era are especially bad about that stuff. It's like they can't differentiate between reality and Fiction, or how some games tell stories that take place in an era where people didn't really have as much rights as now. They don't even take the Plot into consideration *cough*VC4*cough* <.<

53 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ugh, Some communities are really bad about such stuff. We don't even need to go far, just look at the FE community and see how every bit of skin makes some people go crazy and scream ''PEDO, SEXISM'' etc.

It's really aggravating. Some people act like a character can't be good just because she shows skin. It gets hard to talk about how good Mythra is sometimes because "muh, her back is exposed". If a character is good, why does it matter what they look like? I also want to point out that sometimes a character gets called sexist when there's nothing sexual about their design in the first place (example: Kasumi from P5R) and that honestly says more about the people who are calling the design sexist than the design itself.

58 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, before i got into Neps, i expected it to be literal hentai due to some people, but to my surprise, the Fanservice was pretty tame (when it comes to main games anyway, spinoffs are another matter xD), and stuff you see in every game anyway. 

Yeah same. My introduction to Nep was through the anime and even though it was pretty fanservicey, it wasn't as fanservicey as i thought. The same applies to the games.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Places like Era are especially bad about that stuff. It's like they can't differentiate between reality and Fiction, or how some games tell stories that take place in an era where people didn't really have as much rights as now. They don't even take the Plot into consideration *cough*VC4*cough* <.<

ResetEra (or as i like to call it "REEEEEEEEEEsetEra) is honestly a mess. They're somehow worse than GameFaqs. Literally every week, there complaining about something and whatever it is is so stupid, you know they're just doing it for attention. 

It's really aggravating. Some people act like a character can't be good just because she shows skin. It gets hard to talk about how good Mythra is sometimes because "muh, her back is exposed". If a character is good, why does it matter what they look like? I also want to point out that sometimes a character gets called sexist when there's nothing sexual about their design in the first place (example: Kasumi from P5R) and that honestly says more about the people who are calling the design sexist than the design itself.

I agree with this a lot, actually. Stuff like this gets pretty old to listen to, from a design POV, I don't get why it matters either. I'm not saying that it matters a huge amount, but to me, why would you want this really ugly character with you? Is it really wrong to want some one to look nice? Also, to add to the topic, i'm running through FF VIII again, since I really like it's story, since i'm a sucker for love stories.

21 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup, and it only seems to get worse.
Thank you for your tips, by the way!

You know, I'm the same actually. I also heard that the game was a hentai game without the hanky-panky, but I haven't seen anything particularly aggravating. Compa does flash her panties in her victory animation, sure, but I've seen things in other games that could be considered far worse. But I don't consider them all that bad, actually. *shrug*

But apparently me liking Neps means i like ero games or something.

I'm the same way, then. Also a pedo for enjoying the Atelier games. And actually thinking Nowi is a genuinely well written character. It's almost a badge of honor by now.

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Exactly this. I have nothing to add.

As for something more on topic:
Atelier Lulua just had a really jarring difficulty spike all of a sudden. Some enemies resist almost everything you can throw at them and you have to rely on Support attacks to actually do damage. Luckily, they don't have that much HP, but they're still pretty annoying because they make you waste precious resources like bomb uses and medicine (to trigger Support attacks, you actually can't just spam normal attacks). Other enemies will just outright slaughter you. I tend to avoid anything that even remotely looks like a bear for that reason alone.

You know, i think restarting Atelier Rorona was actually a good thing. I've been doing sidequests way more often trying to raise popularity a lot quicker and boy, oh boy, i've been unlocking shit a lot earlier than in my original playthrough. For example, a character joined like 3 in-game months earlier than the first time i got her.

There's also a character that you get to decide the gender of before they're introduced. The first time i went with the male version but on this current playthrough, i went with the female version.....and she's not voiced. The male version is, i don't know why the female version isn't. But get this: that's only with the English voices. In Japanese, she IS voiced. That said, i'm still sticking with the English dub. I'm too used to it.

I haven't crossed that bridge yet but i've decided i'll be playing Atelier Totori and Meruru on my PC and Lulua on Switch. I'm doing this to save storage space on the latter (the whole Arland series takes like 28 GB on my Switch's SD card and i'd rather not have it take up that much).

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And actually thinking Nowi is a genuinely well written character.

Ah, i see you are a man of culture as well. Nowi's pretty great, both as a unit and a character.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As for something more on topic:
Atelier Lulua just had a really jarring difficulty spike all of a sudden. Some enemies resist almost everything you can throw at them and you have to rely on Support attacks to actually do damage. Luckily, they don't have that much HP, but they're still pretty annoying because they make you waste precious resources like bomb uses and medicine (to trigger Support attacks, you actually can't just spam normal attacks). Other enemies will just outright slaughter you. I tend to avoid anything that even remotely looks like a bear for that reason alone.

Ah, in other words, the enemies have become Trails bosses

Gonna ask a question since this will be relevant to me later on but are the areas in Lulua actually connected or do you just select from a menu where you want to go (not to be confused with skip travel)?Because in Rorona, the world map is basically just a menu.

Ah, in other words, the enemies have become Trails bosses

Gonna ask a question since this will be relevant to me later on but are the areas in Lulua actually connected or do you just select from a menu where you want to go (not to be confused with skip travel)?Because in Rorona, the world map is basically just a menu.

Exactly.

Yeah, the world map is a menu in Lulua as well. That seems to be the case in every Atelier game, though. Sophie was like that, too. Can't say anything about the others since I haven't played them, but I assume it's an Atelier staple. The actual areas you can explore are gorgeous, though.

Ah, i see you are a man of culture as well. Nowi's pretty great, both as a unit and a character.

Indeed. I've told this story many times, but she saved my first Awakening playthrough.

There's also a character that you get to decide the gender of before they're introduced. The first time i went with the male version but on this current playthrough, i went with the female version.....and she's not voiced. The male version is, i don't know why the female version isn't. But get this: that's only with the English voices. In Japanese, she IS voiced.

Really? That's interesting.

I've knocked out Phantasy Star 3: Geneology of the Holy W-I mean Generations of Doom. Well, they're basically the same thing, a conflict spanning multiple generations and your marriage pairing dictates the heroes of the next generation. And unlike Kaga's game six years later, this game DID make it to three generations. FE4's the better game though. Phantasy Star 3 starts out promising enough, Pretty difficult and a lot of backtracking in Generation 1, and...well, of those two issues, backtracking was not what they fixed in generations 2 and 3. They are laughably easy, with only the final dungeon posing a reasonable challenge on the same level as Gen 1. While it's true this game is far less grindy than Phantasy Star 2, it feels just as Grindy with how much walking you're forced to do through an unforgiving encounter rate. There is an "airship" but it's very restrictive compared to other RPGs, and comes in the last 20% of the game. The alternative paths you take are very cool in Gen 2, with Nial and Ayn having completely unique plots, locations and party members. Gen 3 is pretty much the same thing across all four potential protagonists. All that changes is how much busy work you're forced to do before the final dungeon is open, and an altered ending. Lame.

Phantasy Star 3 is a slog despite the 20 hour length, and it's plot is thoroughly uninteresting until the bad guy is revealed right at the end and they throw in this game's connection to the rest of the series. There's much less dialogue than 2, and the options for who the protagonist should marry are often ludicrous, like marrying Alair who has almost no dialogue and never joins your party. Or marrying Lena despite the whole point of Gen 1 to be saving Maia whom Rhys is already engaged to. This game also has the Phantasy Star 2 issue of every new party member joining at level 1 regardless of how far you are into the game, but it's never an issue with certain characters either coming loaded with workable stats or levels up extremely quickly to catch up. With fan-made maps this game is fairly playable, but even the maps online I've found are pretty subpar, particularly for the overworld, and I couldn't find any source detailing all the temple warp points for Gen 3 which are necessary to progress. Overall I rate this game a 3.9 out of 10. I don't think it deserves to be considered the worst of the series, but I'm having a hard time imagining how I'd argue which is the better game, 2 or 3, they're both pretty obnoxious in the year 2019. 3 has so many cool and ambitious ideas in terms of plot that don't feel fully realized. And the enemy encounters are lazily designed to be auto battled through. 4 is supposed to be the best of the bunch, and I do feel motivated to play it, just not any time soon.

Instead I've played a bit of Blaster Master Zero 2. It's wonderful.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Instead I've played a bit of Blaster Master Zero 2. It's wonderful.

Blaster Master Zero Two is pretty great. An improvement from the first one imo. My only criticism is that there's no skip travel so when you have to backtrack (which you do if you wanna get the true end), you have to go into the wormholes each time. But other than that, it's better than the first game.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, the world map is a menu in Lulua as well. That seems to be the case in every Atelier game, though. Sophie was like that, too. Can't say anything about the others since I haven't played them, but I assume it's an Atelier staple. The actual areas you can explore are gorgeous, though.

Ah gotcha. Personally, i'm not really a fan of that sort of world map and i'd prefer it if the areas were directly connected but it's no big deal.

After many hours I have completed the main story of Xenoblade 2

Pros:

• Lots of customization in team building.
  • Graphics pushing the Switch.
  • The cast was strong to carry the game.
  •  Bonus experience pool is a good feature.
  •  All party members are equally useful all the way to the post game.
  • Musuc remains top notch.
  • Combat remained interesting throughout 

Neutral:

• The English dub is inconsistent , ranging from great to awkward.
  • The flashback not being in chronological order made it confusing to understand at times
  • Is it me of certain story beats and characters felt like promotion for the expansion? 
  • Gameplay took me hours to fully understand. Even at the half way point still didn't understand the affinity system or blade combos.
  • Every couple of chapters the story wanted to take on a new tone.
  • Everyone shouting their special moves is still in. Thankfully it can be muted.

Cons:

• At times the game feels like it is wasting my time. With the field skills making the game come to a complete halt just to change the team in order to progress. Waiting hours for merc missions just to get a reward. Grinding trust levels take wat too long for all the blades out there
  • The gatcha system. While it doesn't require money it still feels annoying. After more than 200 attempt no Kos-mos.  
  • Navigation was more difficult than needed. Maps not illustrating vertical details made the compass unreliable. Does double for secret areas.  OR not telling where certain items can be found.
  • Ursula's side quest
  • Tantal, and the Spirit Crucible were not fun areas.

Overall I enjoyed the game, while the cons annoyed me the further I got. I'll start the expansion in a couple days.

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After many hours I have completed the main story of Xenoblade 2

Cons:

• At times the game feels like it is wasting my time. With the field skills making the game come to a complete halt just to change the team in order to progress. Waiting hours for merc missions just to get a reward. Grinding trust levels take wat too long for all the blades out there
  • The gatcha system. While it doesn't require money it still feels annoying. After more than 200 attempt no Kos-mos.  
  • Navigation was more difficult than needed. Maps not illustrating vertical details made the compass unreliable. Does double for secret areas.  OR not telling where certain items can be found.
  • Ursula's side quest
  • Tantal, and the Spirit Crucible were not fun areas.

Overall I enjoyed the game, while the cons annoyed me the further I got. I'll start the expansion in a couple days.

Really? I liked the field skills, it made the Blades feel more special, I think. As far as the summoning thing went, i'm on both sides, on one end I liked getting them for the 1st time, on the other hand, I still don't have Mikhail and probably won't. I loved Tantal as an area, it was gorgeous to look at and I loved the morning time theme there. It was so open exploration wise, and I like the characterization there.

49 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is it me of certain story beats and characters felt like promotion for the expansion

I dunno, i fet like even without the expansion, the story was fine.

51 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

OR not telling where certain items can be found.

While the maps don't, the items themselves do. I like to keep one of each so i know where to find them.

51 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Ursula's side quest

The silver lining is that the merc missions themselves are pretty short so it's really good for rapid completeing most Affinity Charts.

52 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Tantal, and the Spirit Crucible were not fun areas.

Agreed on the Spirit Crucible. Not only was it Field Skill hell but it actively prevents you from using Blade Combos. It's dumb.

Btw, since you're planing on playing Torna, i should let you know Torna has similar roadblocks where you have to raise Community Level by doing sidequests. Thankfully, the sidequests are really good (we're talking Xenoblade X quality here) so to me personally, it never felt like a chore because they were legitametly enjoyable.

I should also mention that if you them reguarly, you probably won't even run into the roadblock in the first place.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

As far as the summoning thing went, i'm on both sides, on one end I liked getting them for the 1st time, on the other hand, I still don't have Mikhail and probably won't.

I, uh............you don't pull him from a Core Crystal.

Spoiler

He's at the base of the World Tree in Morytha. You have to talk to him for him to join. He's not a Blade, why would he be awakened from a Core Crystal?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I dunno, i fet like even without the expansion, the story was fine.

While the maps don't, the items themselves do. I like to keep one of each so i know where to find them.

The silver lining is that the merc missions themselves are pretty short so it's really good for rapid completeing most Affinity Charts.

Agreed on the Spirit Crucible. Not only was it Field Skill hell but it actively prevents you from using Blade Combos. It's dumb.

Btw, since you're planing on playing Torna, i should let you know Torna has similar roadblocks where you have to raise Community Level by doing sidequests. Thankfully, the sidequests are really good (we're talking Xenoblade X quality here) so to me personally, it never felt like a chore because they were legitametly enjoyable.

I should also mention that if you them reguarly, you probably won't even run into the roadblock in the first place.

I, uh............you don't pull him from a Core Crystal.

Reveal hidden contents

He's at the base of the World Tree in Morytha. You have to talk to him for him to join. He's not a Blade, why would he be awakened from a Core Crystal?

Whoops that's not what I meant! Sorry, I was thinking about something else! Thanks though. I  forgot that either way! Meant kosmos- what's the chance on her? Looking back I do have him, I guess. I'm dumb, ignore me. Oh wait, I'm missing Akhos's parter blade, as well. How do I get her?

Edited by lightcosmo

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Meant kosmos- what's the chance on her?

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh wait, I'm missing Akhos's parter blade, as well. How do I get her?

Core Crystal summoning.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yikes, how do I stock up on cores?

Easiest way is to do full Driver Combos on the Relentless Arduran. He's not that tough but he has a lot of HP, making it really easy to get Legendary Cores off of him every time you do Driver Combos. The Relentless Arduran is the fully grown baby Ardun in Torigoth that you have to feed.

If you're in New Game+, the Bard in Fonsa Myma will trade you Legendary Cores for 100,000 gold. Which isn't hard considering how extremely easy it is to grind gold (just buy as many Gold Cylinders as you can, salvage the fuck out of places and trade in the loot at trading posts for easy cash).

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Easiest way is to do full Driver Combos on the Relentless Arduran. He's not that tough but he has a lot of HP, making it really easy to get Legendary Cores off of him every time you do Driver Combos. The Relentless Arduran is the fully grown baby Ardun in Torigoth that you have to feed.

If you're in New Game+, the Bard in Fonsa Myma will trade you Legendary Cores for 100,000 gold. Which isn't hard considering how extremely easy it is to grind gold (just buy as many Gold Cylinders as you can, salvage the fuck out of places and trade in the loot at trading posts for easy cash).

Ahhh, I've tried this, but I think i'm doing something wrong. I can only get luck to around 750-800 or so. Right the bard, I forgot about those, not really an optimal option, considering how bad my luck is that could take a while.

So... EXE drive attacks are pretty OP. Also, I'm conflicted about the dubs of ReBirth 1. On one hand, I dislike Noire's English voice, on the other, I prefer Compa's English voice to her Japanese one. Neptune is good in both versions, though her HDD form in Japanese sounds more badass, to the point where I have to wonder if it's the same actress (it is, which makes it even better). Noire herself is a pretty cool character, too; quite powerful, especially seeing how, with the right positioning, she can feasibly attack up to 3 enemies at once and combo 'em to death before they even had a chance to move.

Though they should rename the game to Hyperdimension Neptunia: The adventures of Nep-Nep, Noire, Iffy, and Compa's corpse. For whatever reason, Compa keeps dying on me, especially when fighting tough enemies and bosses. I'm thinking about dropping her from my main party soon, but then I won't have a healer, which will probably suck.

As for Atelier Lulua, I finished the main story. I really liked it. Final boss was cool, but a bit on the easy side with the setup and items I used. I won't go into a lot of detail, since it might spoil the Arland games for Armagon. Rest assured, I don't regret picking this game up and it has taken a place in my heart as one of my favorite games.

Going through Xenoblade Chronicles again, just for the great storyline. Every cutscene feels so tense and mysterious in the beginning of the game. Just got to see Xord for the first time. Xenoblade 2 is next, but i'm unsure whether or not I want to delete my save with (almost) all the Blades, and stuff. The grinding was rough, and I hate that you can't have multiple saves like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

So... EXE drive attacks are pretty OP.

Yup. Up until you hit late midgame they are pretty much broken (as Neptune Break description say, it breaks the game)

I'm thinking about dropping her from my main party soon, but then I won't have a healer, which will probably suck.

Soon, you will get a character that also has pretty good healing skills. Compa only learns the best healing skills pretty late anyway (around lvl50 iirc)

Also, Items are more efficient tbh.

she can feasibly attack up to 3 enemies

depens on weapon 😉

Other characters may get weapons that allows them that, as well.