Feh Channel Posted!

Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Launch characters that aren't Hector and Takumi:

• Lucina: Solid stats with a good refinable weapon. Still meta-relevant considering the increase in the number of strong dragon units.
  • Hinoka: Solid stats with a good refinable weapon. Still the only non-limited summonable source of Hone Fliers.
  • Minerva: Hauteclere (and its clones) are some of the best refinable weapons in the game, and Minerva is still (sadly) the fastest summonable axe flier.
  • Ryoma: There are lot of new and powerful options for the A slot that he can take advantage of since he has a Distant Counter weapon.
  • Elise: No longer the best staff cavalry, but still solid and still better than the 4-star summonable options.

Almost-launch characters:

• Julia: Kills dragons better now.
  • Ninian: Highest HP dancer. Pretty much impossible to Isolate with Fjorm. Can also run dragon buffs and comes with Fortify Dragons.
  • Ephraim: His refine pairs well with the new Sturdy Impact.
  • Jaffar: Really good option for Aether Raids Vantage sweeper when running double Savage Blow.
  • Eldigan: The furiest of furies. Fury 9 or Fury 10 is one hell of a drug, and Eldigan pulls it off extremely well.

Base kits are irrelevant unless it's for Skill Inheritance fodder or contains a premium skill that doesn't suck on the unit.

Eldigan + Elise is still my Arena Assault anchor. Unless the map is extremely disadvantageous for cavalry, I always run the same team for match 7, and the team contains 3 Gen 1 units on it (Titania being the third). They might not be the top of the meta anymore, but that doesn't mean they aren't "good".

Azura is still pretty damned good too. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Azura is still pretty damned good too. 

I didn't include her because Olivia and Sylvia both do pretty much the same job and are available at 4-star rarity and Ninian is an arguably better choice now for a 5-star exclusive blue infantry dancer since she has enough HP to block the only source of Isolation (her dragon weakness is not relevant because both Ninian and Azura are relatively squishy regardless).

That's fair enough logic, Ice Dragon, but still being good doesn't completely justify them staying as 5-star anymore. Again, even if they are good there are enough launch 3-star units who are better than them (some due to weapon refine, others even before then), and a lot of the units who've been demoted since are just better than launch 5-stars due to powercreep.

Also, even if you want to justify certain characters like Lucina and Lyn and Ike staying at 5-star despite being powercrept and having bad fodder because they're popular and people will spend on them regardless, that's one thing. I don't think characters like Ayra and Sigurd and Deirdre at the very least should demote either, because they're still strong despite being year 1 units. CYL units shouldn't demote either.

However, we should AT THEY VERY LEAST demote (semi)unpopular characters who aren't even good that the majority of the player base hates getting, like Luke or Mist. Olwen is also a pretty egregious example in that she uses her base weapon worse than Reinhardt, is now less popular than him, and is even harder to merge than him because he shows up at 3-star. Other characters were really good back in the day, but might not be anymore and actually worse than a similar 3-star unit. I'd consider Linde and Young Tiki as two of these examples.

Like, I get that IS wants money and they want players to give them money. But if they want our money, can they at the very least go through the pool of old 5-stars to figure out who they would actually demote at this point rather than treating them ALL the same? Not all Book 1 5-stars have equivalent value to one another.

Edited by Sunwoo

28 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oi, shove off with that kind of language. I can clear content perfectly fine with my team of +0 units and I like an extra challenge. No one is saying that anything is IS's fault, just that extra copies of 5-star units without good fodder are useless to me. Stop always jumping down people's throats to accuse them of things they are not saying, this is why people have historically had an issue with you.

...Wow, chill out. I didn't really jump down your throat, nor did I intend to, you act like I yelled and swore or something. Jesus. And historically, perhaps, yes, people had issues with me. But these days? I believe I've improved a good bit, especially after eclipse gave me a good kick in the butt half a year ago. I may not be exactly where I want to yet, but it's a process. Even if it's slower than I'd like.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I didn't include her because Olivia and Sylvia both do pretty much the same job and are available at 4-star rarity and Ninian is an arguably better choice now for a 5-star exclusive blue infantry dancer since she has enough HP to block the only source of Isolation (her dragon weakness is not relevant because both Ninian and Azura are relatively squishy regardless).

that's fair. but i mean she still is kinda good (and is the only other blue melee dancer aside from Ninian). 
(also my Ninian is -HP lol). 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

that's fair. but i mean she still is kinda good (and is the only other blue melee dancer aside from Ninian). 
(also my Ninian is -HP lol). 

yes but Ninian brings more utility to the table. Her High HP lets her run Infantry pulse in the C-Slot and Panic in the B-Slot. Azura is limited in that regard alot. Her HP is trash to run any of the skills and her Res is too low to run any ploy or sabotage skills. She can only use chills. Thats it.

My Ninian is HP+ luckily!

7 minutes ago, Hilda said:

yes but Ninian brings more utility to the table. Her High HP lets her run Infantry pulse in the C-Slot and Panic in the B-Slot. Azura is limited in that regard alot. Her HP is trash to run any of the skills and her Res is too low to run any ploy or sabotage skills. She can only use chills. Thats it.

My Ninian is HP+ luckily!

lol i'm biased. i just like them both. I got my Ninian literally just before the culling. and basically her job is to dance Celica along. also ninian's slot is two weeks before the 2nd hector slot so i'd really have to see where my orbs were if i decided to increase this or not). 

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe Azura can get a new chance once she gets a prf weapon and refinement.

Dancer refines when?

Edited by daisy jane

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, chill out. I didn't really jump down your throat, nor did I intend to, you act like I yelled and swore or something. Jesus. And historically, perhaps, yes, people had issues with me. But these days? I believe I've improved a good bit, especially after eclipse gave me a good kick in the butt half a year ago. I may not be exactly where I want to yet, but it's a process. Even if it's slower than I'd like.

I'm acting like you threw an accusation with no basis at me and basically "blamed" me for my personal decision to not merge characters and said I was "blaming" IS because of it when 1) I didn't blame IS for anything other than being greedy and not demoting characters, and 2) that wasn't even the main point of what I said so the fact you chose to focus on it and throw an accusation at me is telling.

And yes, you've improved a lot from your older days. But sometimes you have a tendency to throw around things that sound like an accusation based on like one thing someone says. Like, immediately after like one post. And things like that can really make someone's shitty day worse. That is one thing you still haven't completely gotten rid of. For some reason there are times when you're expressing disagreement that you sound like you're accusing people of being bad (or inadequate, or selfish, or unreasonable, etc.) in some way because of how they feel about something, and even if it's not intentional or meant to be taken that way, your wording can come off as such.

Obviously you didn't like it when I snapped at you, so why do you think I liked you telling me that "it's your own fault you don't merge, don't blame IS for it" when that was not what I was trying to do? Why the hell is that even the first place that your mind would even fucking go to?

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Obviously you didn't like it when I snapped at you, so why do you think I liked you telling me that "it's your own fault you don't merge, don't blame IS for it" when that was not what I was trying to do? Why the hell is that even the first place that your mind would even fucking go to?

I'm not the one throwing swear words and anger around. You are. I remained in a neutral tone, or at least that was my intent. So why don't you just chill out already and let us drop it?

Also, if you're having a shitty day, I'm sorry to hear that, but that doesn't mean you can just go take it out on people here.

Edited by Anacybele

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, even if you want to justify certain characters like Lucina and Lyn and Ike staying at 5-star despite being powercrept and having bad fodder because they're popular and people will spend on them regardless, that's one thing.

Original Ike doesn't have bad fodder. Heavy Blade is great and breakers are useful too (he has Swordbreaker).

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Dancers Refinement would be cool! I hope we get Azura and Olivia at the same time.

I'm still surprised that Azura doesn't have her Blessed Lance yet. Hell, she should've had it from the beginning imo.

I don't think that the AR changes are enough, personally. It's still the worst mode available, and could do with unit restrictions.

Namely, if Rival Domains, a PvE mode, can make a point to restrict dancers to one, AR should make a point to do the same, if not disallow them entirely.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I don't think that the AR changes are enough, personally. It's still the worst mode available, and could do with unit restrictions.

Only one Dancer in a defensive team. That's the restriction I am hoping so much!

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Everything except for the last sentence applies to you, Ottservia. I'm not blaming IS over not-merging because that's ultimately still a small part of my complaint. The bigger issue is that a lot of these characters don't deserve to be 5-star locked at all, and I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed about being pity-broken by a character with no fodder that actually deserved to be 5-star. But they don't make a lot of those anymore, anyone worth being 5-star has something to offer. Try actually understanding a person's argument before assigning blame on them. Did you also literally miss the part (that you quoted, by the way), where I said that HECTOR who offers DC, is one of the few characters I wouldn't demote because of his fodder?

Your argument as a whole is actually something I agree with for the most part. It's that point in particular is where my problem lies because it's a point of your argument that can be contradicted relatively easily. Everything else you're saying about units not deserving to be five star and not having good fodder actually makes sense(somewhat cause really what constitutes as 'deserves' to be 5 start other than skills and overall popularity). It's just that bringing up a point like that in order to support your argument is completely moot cause it's an issue exclusive to you and your subjective choice on how to play game. Nothing wrong with how you want to play the game of course but a point like that will not help your argument in the slightest(in fact it just makes your argument even less convincing) so bringing it up is useless. Also yes I did miss that part of your argument so apologies and thank you for pointing that out.

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Your argument as a whole is actually something I agree with for the most part. It's that point in particular is where my problem lies because it's a point of your argument that can be contradicted relatively easily. Everything else you're saying about units not deserving to be five star and not having good fodder actually makes sense(somewhat cause really what constitutes as 'deserves' to be 5 start other than skills and overall popularity). It's just that bringing up a point like that in order to support your argument is completely moot cause it's an issue exclusive to you and your subjective choice on how to play game. Nothing wrong with how you want to play the game of course but a point like that will not help your argument in the slightest(in fact it just makes your argument even less convincing) so bringing it up is useless. Also yes I did miss that part of your argument so apologies and thank you for pointing that out.

Yes, all this exactly. I agree with Sunwoo's argument for the most part too.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I get you there. I'd like them to be permanent too.

...Wow, I'm entirely the opposite when it comes to video game music. I have to have it otherwise it feels too quiet when I'm playing. Plus, many music tracks are really good and make you want to listen to them more. I really cannot relate to anyone who keeps the music off in games. xP

Like I said, with music I can't think clearly, it's a distraction more than anything else.  And that's what annoys me about BOTW, Pokémon and games of that nature.  If a game has the option to shut the music off for when I need to I will.  Though BOTW is a bad example because I don't mind the music that much.  FEH default music though is a flat no.  It just is annoying when listening to it for hours on end because I tend to play- er grind for HM- for hours on end.

Also if the weekly revival isn't a permanent thing I will be certainly sending feedback of the negative kind.  Because it's not fair for people with disgusting luck to miss out on their favourite characters.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not the one throwing swear words and anger around. You are. I remained in a neutral tone, or at least that was my intent. So why don't you just chill out already and let us drop it?

Also, if you're having a shitty day, I'm sorry to hear that, but that doesn't mean you can just go take it out on people here.

Stop focusing on the swear words, you're missing the point if that's all you care about. Also, this is what you said.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Why don't you merge, exactly? Don't you want to make your units stronger? Choosing not to merge is your own fault, not IS's.

That highlighted part? Them's fighting words. You don't just tell someone "it's your own fault, not someone else's", especially when I never blamed IS over the fact that I don't merge, and that wasn't even my main point. Telling someone "it's your own fault" is meant to throw blame or accusation on them, tell them that something they're doing or feeling is "bad", putting judgment on them. That is literally the point of why you would say it. There is nothing inherently neutral about it. And if you didn't know that before, congrats, now you do know, and should know better than to say it again in situation when you don't intend to blame anyone.

I will not "chill out already and let us drop it" until you understand why I blew up at you and what I feel you did wrong. This is not me getting mad at you, who did nothing wrong. This is me getting annoyed at you for your poor choice of words and choosing to make that one of the few points you reply to while missing the actual point. If you want to stick your head in the sand, go ahead, but know it will not improve you as a person, which is apparently something you claimed to want to do.

Also, it's not like I blew up at you out of the blue. I was respectful enough to Ice Dragon in my reply, because he replied to me without throwing any accusations or judgment out in his post, just his thoughts. The only reason I'm seeming to "take my anger out at you" is because you did something that I feel was wrong and inflammatory towards me, and it's not like even mad. I talk like this whenever I'm serious, regardless of whether I'm mad or not, and you're still very much intent on being the victim and not realizing you can still say the wrong things even if it's unintentional.

Ottservia: the merging thing wasn't even meant to be a main point in why I think the characters should be demoted, it was a point on why I PERSONALLY would not like getting duplicates with no fodder. I realize that it doesn't apply to most people, and I've never used that as a reason when sending feedback to IS on why I think many of the launch day 5-star should be demoted. It was brought up as an example of why I PERSONALLY don't like it. And I really resent the fact that you're interpreting it as such when it wasn't meant to be instead of asking me if that was what I actually meant if you weren't sure. The fact that you, too, "blamed" me for not merging means that lovely little paragraph above applies to you too.

So the fact that you two agree with my argument in general really means nothing to me at this point.

@Diovani Bressan 

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, This discussion is looking interesting... 1f37f.png.9706cc8561a2e34543cb6983775bec08.png

Stop.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Original Ike doesn't have bad fodder. Heavy Blade is great and breakers are useful too (he has Swordbreaker).

Ike isn't a launch unit, though.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Namely, if Rival Domains, a PvE mode, can make a point to restrict dancers to one, AR should make a point to do the same, if not disallow them entirely.

I don't think that comparison is apt at all.

Aether Raids is designed to have few restrictions on players in terms of building teams, likely as a response to the request for a competitive mode that scores based on performance rather than completely arbitrary scoring criteria. (Mythic Heroes, blessings, and bonus units are effectively an optional "handicap" that earns you more points, with only Mythic Hero merges being truly arbitrary.)

Rival Domains is a specific challenge with specific rules, one of which is a limit on units with refreshing skills, kind of like how Grand Hero Battles have the restriction of full teams with no deaths or how quests require specific team compositions.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still surprised that Azura doesn't have her Blessed Lance yet. Hell, she should've had it from the beginning imo.

Ike has aether that alone makes him great fodder. anything that saves me 20K in feathers is A-OKAY in my book. (I mean i don't even mind him, i truly don't - just not my go too for sword users). 

also me either.. like she should have something. (so should Olivia). - the dream would be that Olivia can refine into Flying Olivia's weapon (though Eirika can't get Storm Seiglind even though Ephraim can get Flame whatever he has). 

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Dancers Refinement would be cool! I hope we get Azura and Olivia at the same time.

Also, This discussion is looking interesting... 1f37f.png.9706cc8561a2e34543cb6983775bec08.png

it will be interesting if Lene and Silvia will have refinable weapons too. 

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

it will be interesting if Lene and Silvia will have refinable weapons too. 

I don't expect Lene's and Silvia's so soon. I mean, Kagero and Saizo are getting refinements, but Kaze doesn't. Since Lene and SIlvia are Book II units, we will need to wait more for them.

The revivals are cool, but I'm only really thirsty for two units: 1) Alm, for collection's sake, and 2) Hector, because I've yet to pull any unit with Distant Counter since the game released.

Relatedly, I hope the banners have an emphasis on demoted contemporaries in the lower buckets — my very first pull was a 5-star Marth and I've never gotten another of any rarity and would really like to merge away his bad nature.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

the merging thing wasn't even meant to be a main point in why I think the characters should be demoted, it was a point on why I PERSONALLY would not like getting duplicates with no fodder. I realize that it doesn't apply to most people, and I've never used that as a reason when sending feedback to IS on why I think many of the launch day 5-star should be demoted. It was brought up as an example of why I PERSONALLY don't like it. And I really resent the fact that you're interpreting it as such when it wasn't meant to be instead of asking me if that was what I actually meant if you weren't sure. The fact that you, too, "blamed" me for not merging means that lovely little paragraph above applies to you too.

Hey I ain't perfect only human. We all are so I'll admit maybe I jumped the gun a little bit in regards to my interpretation on that front. Look man I try to respectful and sometimes my words can come off as rude or overly passionate and it's something I need to work on. Apologies if I did come off as overly hostile that was never my intention. I was trying to respectfully point out contradictions I felt were present in your argument and if I failed on the "respectful" front well that just means I need to do better next time. Even so you could've made that "personal" point a little more clear if you ask me. Either that or I'm just being stupid and can't English well. Both are equally possible.

6 minutes ago, stk5 said:

2) Hector, because I've yet to pull any unit with Distant Counter since the game released.

Speaking of DC I honestly think we need a budget variant. Like a skill that accomplishes the same thing though just not as good. Like maybe DC with an HP threshold just a thought

Edited by Ottservia

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Hey I ain't perfect only human. We all are so I'll admit maybe I jumped the gun a little bit in regards to my interpretation on that front. Look man I try to respectful and sometimes my words can come off as rude or overly passionate and it's something I need to work on. Apologies if I did come off as overly hostile that was never my intention. I was trying to respectfully point out contradictions I felt were present in your argument and if I failed on the "respectful" front well that just means I need to do better next time. Even so you could've made that "personal" point a little more clear if you ask me. Either that or I'm just being stupid and can't English well. Both are equally possible

I expected people to understand that the no-merges thing was a personal thing that applied only to me, so I saw no need to clarify it until you said that was not how you'd interpreted it. And if I'd known from the get-go that was how you (and possibly Anacybele) had interpreted it then my reply would've been a lot less heated.

But again, this could've been helped if one of you had questioned if that was what I had actually meant instead of just jumping to say "that's your own fault, don't blame IS" immediately without asking for clarification. Because, again, telling someone that something is their fault is, by default, not really neutral or respectful.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I expected people to understand that the no-merges thing was a personal thing that applied only to me, so I saw no need to clarify it until you said that was not how you'd interpreted it. And if I'd known from the get-go that was how you (and possibly Anacybele) had interpreted it then my reply would've been a lot less heated.

But again, this could've been helped if one of you had questioned if that was what I had actually meant instead of just jumping to say "that's your own fault, don't blame IS" immediately without asking for clarification. Because, again, telling someone that something is their fault is, by default, not really neutral or respectful.

yeah could've phrased things better I'll admit and will note for next time. Always strive to be a better person I say. Maybe I should've just said "you do realize that's a subjective point, right?" Instead of what I actually did. Regardless each experience is a learning experience. Anyway not much else to say on this front so I'll just leave it at that