Anyone importing the EU version of this game?

VincentASM

N/A  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you importing?

• Yes
    • No

Just out of curiousity. Since this is the first FE game to be released in Europe before North America.

Of course, if you live in Europe (like me), this topic/poll is pretty redundant.

Edited by VincentASM

I'll end up grabbing the ROM, as with my flashcart, I haven't been in the mood for buying games (lack of cash contributes too, mostly).

First Days of Ruin gets announced from a French source, in French, and now this. Is IS turning like Squareeeenix did with Dragon Quest?

Hmm, I don't think ROMs would really count X D

On a similar note, I hope the EU ROM gets dumped relatively near the release date, so we can see all the name changes at once I hope I don't get a heartattack though.

I was giving some serious thought to importing the Japanese version when it first came. Then I decided against importing the game altogether (including the EU version). I don't want to purchase the same game more than once, and I figure it's worth the wait.

Edited by Musashi

I'll probably just wait for the NA release. I already played and beat the game on the Japanese ROM, so I'm not in that big of a hurry to play it again.

If I could find EU version with a reasonable price, then I'd consider importing it, but I still doubt it.

If this game was to be released in North America several months before Europe, I sure as hell would be importing this. But luckily, I'm living in Europe.

Edited by Raven

No wonder the series sells like shit nowadays.
If the series attracted people who don't know how to or can't pirate it (no comment on moral reasons), the problem wouldn't exist. And it's possible for a FE game to satisfy both "nerds" and normal people. And for Arch's defence, this topic is about importing the EU version, not about buying the US version.

As for me, I live in EU and will be asking this for Christmas present, so the whole question is moot for me.

First Days of Ruin gets announced from a French source, in French, and now this. Is IS turning like Squareeeenix did with Dragon Quest?

Seeing as DQIV is selling more in Europe than America by a significant percentage I would say Square-Enix were right in thier Judgement well it helps this is the first time we got DQIV. But we also got The World ends with You early...that one didn't fare at all well as it was English-only (that puts off a number of gamers even though more often than not their translations suck...that said I'm told the Dragon Quest IV French translation was really well done).

On a similar note, I hope the EU ROM gets dumped relatively near the release date, so we can see all the name changes at once I hope I don't get a heartattack though.

I hope it doesn't. I want all the glory of blazing through the game, possibly doing an all nighter starting from about 6PM on the 4th December...I'm sure what will happen is the ROM will be dumped halfway through my playthrough :(

If I could find EU version with a reasonable price, then I'd consider importing it, but I still doubt it.

Given the £ is doing poor against the $ this price is as reasonable as they'll come* (shipping is £5 and the game price might shoot up to £30 a week before release or during release). Though what matters is the £>$ rate on the 3rd December** (the Wednesday is when they usually send out games so everyone will get it for Friday; the street date for sure).

*-This is who Superbus is getting it off (he has used them in the past) so he can vouch for the international shipping. I'm also getting it off them but I'm in the UK, always used for preorders which come Thursday...except FFV:Advance which come Friday still wasn't shipped (FFV:Advance had major supply issues for the UK packaging...mainland Euorpe got it a week before the UK)

**-At this present moment it is aroundabout $45 for the order but if things were to turn to how they were a year ago (they won't) it would be $60. You might also like to get more games (They have the Tingle DS game for £10 if you're curious) to negate the cost of shipping (it is per order).

No wonder the series sells like shit nowadays.

They are only draining the European sales which were never anything notable to start with I'm so hoping for a pleasant surprise come December 8th and the game actuall charting somewhere in the UK charts...though having said that that statement is only based off UK data as that is all the comprehensive data we have but its kind of garbage anyway (the Dragon Quest IV sales...they didn't come from the UK in any significant way...they couldn't have, I recall the game charting near the bottom of the DS carts...if it even hit them...).

• 3 weeks later...