Dorcas vs Bartre

Junkhead

Dorcas vs Bartre  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think would win?

• Dorcas
    • Bartre

In my opinion, I'd say Dorcas would win, he has more experience and Bartre even mentioned in a support conversation with Dorcas that he lost to him many times.

Don't forget to vote and to post your opinion.

Edited by soul1112

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they join

8/0 Dorcas - 18.0 atk, 7.0 AS, 95.3 hit - - 19.2 avo, 34.0 hp, 4.2 def

2/0 Bartre - 17.0 atk, 3.0 AS, 86.8 hit - - 10.0 avo, 29.0 hp, 4.0 def

They support each other. Dorcas supports Geitz and Oswin. Bartre supports...Canas? Fire/Thunder and Fire/Anima vs Thunder/Anima?

No contest imo. The only thing Bartre really has is that 20% more Spd growth, but he only barely wins by anything noteworthy when both hit 20/0, though Dorcas obviously does that earlier with a 6 level lead.

Dorcas, at least he starts with passable speed. When talking Hard Mode, Bartre can't even start out doubling Soldiers.... Although, 20/20 stats, Bartre does win, but that's not nearly enough to override that beginning. Besides, I'd rather use a Warrior that looks like he's wearing deerskin clothes than a generic blue colored clothed Warrior. (seriously, Dorcas does look cool promoted) I do wish Dorcas's speed growth wasn't so low, though.

Bartre. Been more reliable for me with his speed, unlike Dorcas. But this current PT i'm using both. I must say, they're pretty even. Except Bartre has more speed, skill, res, and def. Dorcas has more str( only by like 1 point) and luk (2 points). I think Dorcas has like 1 hp more too. I still be liking Bartre more.

Dorcas. I tend to bench both quite early in the game, but Dorcas I have more use for; he has a lot of HP and, even though he can't double, he has better accuracy and tends not to kill things. Also has Lyn's mode boosts to help him tank up hits with your team... I'm not a fan of either though.

Dorcas. I tend to bench both quite early in the game, but Dorcas I have more use for; he has a lot of HP and, even though he can't double, he has better accuracy and tends not to kill things. Also has Lyn's mode boosts to help him tank up hits with your team... I'm not a fan of either though.

Bolded is a good thing?

It's better to not one round enemies early on so others can get EXP. Like Eliwood or Rebecca.
This, basically. I said that I drop him later on.

Bartre doesn't hit consistently enough either.

It's better to not one round enemies early on so others can get EXP. Like Eliwood or Rebecca.

I voted Bartre because the bastard is hardcore.

Eliwood, yes. Rebecca, no. You don't want to give her the experience from a kill, since she doesn't make good use of it at all. Eliwood does, indeed. Also, why wouldn't you let somebody else attack first, so that Dorcas can get the kill?

Same reason why you'd let Marcus weaken and Lowen/Eliwood kill - they gain more EXP. Not a motive you'd use for debates, but useful in actually gameplay.

Want my real opinion? Both of them are failures. Only Dorcas is reaching usable in hard mode, and he's not so good beyond the first few chapters anyway. Hector is really the only axe-user you need, and plus you have Sain, Kent and Lowen for axes (go, Lowen!) and, in a non-ranked playthrough, there's Dart as an option, too. Geitz is also a viable option, as well as Raven and even Harken.

Dorcas wins out by a little bit, but both are pretty bad in my opinion.

They both have ugly names and are ugly, but at least Dorcas has SOME character developement.

I'm almost afraid to ask how many units you think are actually hot....

Although I like Bartre better, I find myself getting more use out of Dorcas. They're both pretty awesome, though. Bartre is hilarious and Dorcas is manly enough to run around with a woman's name.

Bartre, because he ends up practicing with Karla every day, and eventually becomes strong enough to not get instantly owned (and considering that this is Karla, that's a pretty big accomplishment). Dorcas wouldn't have the motivation to push himself that hard.